Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @Paigeotto thanks for submitting in this week's challenge!
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i gave this one a name for once, i'm not very creative lol.

-Information-
    Challenge Number: three
    Origin ID: kuhpflanzen
    Entry Level: experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: cherries
    Gallery Link: link
    Would You Like Criticism: sure
    Additional Notes: n/a

-Images-
    Street View:
    tumblr_oznl7yhOpk1v707rto1_1280.png
    tumblr_oznl7yhOpk1v707rto5_1280.png
    Top View:
    tumblr_oznl7yhOpk1v707rto2_1280.png
    tumblr_oznl7yhOpk1v707rto3_1280.png
    tumblr_oznl7yhOpk1v707rto4_1280.png
    1-5 Additional Images:
    tumblr_oznlh8uWYA1v707rto1_1280.png
    tumblr_oznlh8uWYA1v707rto2_1280.png
    tumblr_oznlh8uWYA1v707rto3_1280.png
    tumblr_oznlh8uWYA1v707rto4_1280.png
    tumblr_oznlh8uWYA1v707rto6_1280.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

@JosieAnglin thank you for the kind comments and the review on last weeks challenge! i did actually change the curtains multiple times and stuck with those because of the flowers, wonky as they looked. :)

@rosemow thanks!
    @kilra0 @xraygrl2004 @coolsim9999999 @liel88 thanks and congrats!
    @xSorcier congrats! :)

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The exterior design of Cherries looks very nice! @pennypolendina :) Very nice design of the roofing! The flower box windows are special touches. The stone fencing adds a very nice look to the build. Very nice outdoors areas! The fairy statue is a nice touch. Sims will enjoy watching the birds at the seed feeder. The flowers through the outdoors areas and the floral arches look very pretty! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The green patterned walls give a nice feel to the rooms. Very nice dining nook! The type of dining seats used looks nice. It looks great how the shade screen separates of the area. The flowers are a nice touch on the table. Very nice armchairs sitting nook for sims to relax and enjoy listening to music from the gramaphone. Very nice study desk nook corner! The books are a nice touch on the desk top and beside the desk. Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer. The red and brown colour scheme of the bedroom looks very nice. The butterflies on the wall, floral lattice and flowers on the bedside table are very pretty in the room!
    It is a very nice fairy home! :)
    @rosemow thank you. :blush:

@pennypolendina thanks for submitting in this week's challenge!
    edited November 2017
    Hi everyone! If you are wanting to enter into this week’s competition or just submit your build, this is your time warning!

**You have 11 more hours to submit a build**

:)
  • PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    Thank you, @rosemow ! Your words are always so very kind and it is always such a wonderful tidbit to read. Thank you for always gracing the forums with incredible positivity. It is always appreciated!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
    @JosieAnglin Thank you for hosting such a great challenge!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    -Information-
    Challenge Number: 3
    Origin ID: oXseashellXo
    Entry Level: Advanced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Cherry Fairy
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/06A9EA29CD7811E78B41BF8A633AFDC0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=oxseashellxo&max=50&maxis=false
    Would You Like Criticism: sure
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    11-19-17_4-40-29nbspPM.png

Top View: (show the layout)
    First Floor
    11-19-17_4-53-44nbspPM.png

Second Floor
    11-19-17_4-53-38nbspPM.png

1-5 Additional Images:
    Living
    11-19-17_4-55-28nbspPM.png

Dining
    11-19-17_5-08-52nbspPM.png

Bedroom
    11-19-17_4-43-49nbspPM.png

Bedroom
    11-19-17_4-43-37nbspPM.png

Patio
    11-19-17_5-14-23nbspPM.png
    **ATTENTION**

Dynamic Developers challenge 3 is now ended!

Thank you everyone for submitting your builds!

The new challenge will be posted soon, and the results from this challenge will be posted tomorrow at 9:00AM USA (CT).

The final entries were:

coolsim9999999 with Fairy’s Abode
    Xraygrl2004 with Fairy Cottage
    Kilra0 with Daydream
    cmbaker with Cherry Blossom Cottage
    carolynrosser with Cherry Tree Fairy Cottage
    ZiahZi with Fae Abode
    Paigeotto with Cherry Tree Child
    kuhpflanzen with cherries
    oXseashellXo with Cherry Fairy
    The exterior design of Cherry Fairy is very nice! @oXseashellXo :) The towers and roofing look very great! The large water fountain is a special touch in the front garden. The flowers, cherry blossom trees and plants in the outdoors areas look so very pretty! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks a very nice and warming, homely home, Very nice fireplace sitting area in the living room for sims to enjoy relaxing there in front of the fire watching tv. The sitting nook with the floral,wall pattern and wall plates looks very pretty! The type of dining chairs used looks nice, and the flowers on the table are pretty for Sims to see when eating a meal. Very nice design of the bedroom! The green wall pattern and white walls look very nice together, The fireplace will keep the room warn. The pink curtains, pink and white flowers on the bedside table and the candles on the fireplace ledge are calming and pretty touches in the room.
    It is a very nice home for the fairy :)
    Thanks for all the kind words @rosemow :smiley: your so sweet. I’m just glad I finished the build :smiley: I saw the challenge yesterday and was like hmmmmm, can I build this in time? Why not try. Lol. I think it turned out pretty good :wink:
    Thanks for all the kind words @rosemow :smiley: your so sweet. I’m just glad I finished the build :smiley: I saw the challenge yesterday and was like hmmmmm, can I build this in time? Why not try. Lol. I think it turned out pretty good :wink:

Hello @oXseashellXo :) It was great that you completed the home in time!
    edited November 2017
    tnDtA2e.jpg

Kyler is looking to renovate his current cluttered and cramped bathroom. Since his bathroom is in an unusual “L” shape, he is in need of a professional that is good with design. He is looking for someone to turn it into a coastal theme that uses warm colors instead of cool colors. He requests that the flooring must be stone. Are you up for the challenge of remodeling Kyler’s bathroom?

Your Objective:

Remodel Kyler’s bathroom into a coastal theme.

Budget:

Must not exceed $55,000.

Requirements:

Must be a coastal theme.
    Must use a warm color palette.
    Must use stone flooring.
    Must be in an “L” shape.

Additional Notes:

Lighting is completely up to you.
    Overall design is completely up to you. (If you want to go more traditional you can, if you want to go more modern, you can.)

*Warm colors include: Red, Yellow, Orange.
    *Cool colors include: Blue, Green, Purple.

Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, November 26th at 6:00PM USA (CT)

Winners Will Be Announced:

Monday, November 27th at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Remember to upload your build as a room!

Please remember to use #DD , #DynamicDevelopers , #DD4 if you are submitting your builds to the gallery.

Room Download:

Since the gallery/hashtags for the gallery are not working at the moment, this week you are able to make your own room, just make sure it is an “L” shaped bathroom with all the requirements listed above.

Entry form:

-Information-
    Challenge Number:
    Origin ID:
    Entry Level:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Would You Like Criticism:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    Top View: (show the layout)
    1-5 Additional Images:

Good luck! I can't wait to see all of the builds!
    Post edited by JosieAnglin on
  • CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    Seems like an interesting challenge. I have a question though: does the whole floor have to be stone or is half stone-half wood acceptable too?
    Oooh this bathroom challenge looks like fun :smile: I love the requirement for a coastal style with warm colors! It’ll definitely be a challenge :wink:
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member

Challenge Number: 4
    Origin ID: carolynrosser
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Seaside Sunrise Bathroom
    Gallery Link: Here
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes, please
    Link to Imgur gallery
    Additional Notes: I had a lot of trouble with the playability of the sink. I originally wanted to place a sink on top of a large wooden crate (via MOO), but I couldn't make that work. Then I decided to place the sink between two wooden crates; it still didn't work unless I inched the sink forward a little bit.

Pictures:
    hSyJsL5.png

cBnkMgr.png

jigoo3I.png

7hey3sp.png

6UGz4SO.jpg
    The orange and yelllow colour scheme and the furnishing of Seaside Sunrise Bathroom looks very nice ! @carolynrosser :) The patterned floor rug and coloured circles floor prints add a nice look to the room, and the new floor rug looks great in the room. Very nice bath tub nook! The fishing net of items on the wall, the ship, anchor and fish, lighthouse and ship themed wall pictures look great there! The twisted sculpture looks nice the way it separates off the bath nook area.Nice corner shower nook area for sims to enjoy having a shower then wearing the hanging robe. The sea treasure chest , fish on the sink wall area and ship steering wheel are great touches in the room. The fish in the aquarium is restful for Sims to look at when in the room, The fish themed curtains look very nice in the room.
    It is a very nice bathroom! :)
    OOh. @carolynrosser that looks pretty :smiley: you beat me to it though and used the same wallpaper I was gonna use :blush: great minds think alike!
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks for your kind comments, @rosemow!

@oXseashellXo: Ha! It's such perfect wallpaper, isn't it? We both have very good taste... :smiley:
    6UGz4SO.jpg
    Creepsa wrote: »
    Seems like an interesting challenge. I have a question though: does the whole floor have to be stone or is half stone-half wood acceptable too?

The whole floor has to be stone :)
    @carolynrosser thanks for submitting in this week's challenge!
    Challenge Number: 4
    Origin ID: Paigeotto
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Beach Bano
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/58950446CF2F11E78649AEE225736413
    Would You Like Criticism: Of course!
    Additional Notes: Oh my gosh this challenge was frustrating! The beachy flooring is stone, it's the "No Slab No Drab" stone tile. I wanted something that would mimic the look of sand. Hope ya'll like it!

Pictures:
    0TMvXGJ.png
    ZOJ4O3u.png
    IHzgBfA.png
    qjGSSLY.png
    1f4bGKv.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top