Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish the Sims Medieval got another chance

Comments

• cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    I too would like to see Sims Medieval updates and game enhancements. C'mon Sims Guru's, Sims Medieval has a lot of potential! It's a great game!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    In fact we have had a couple of updates on sims Medieval lately. Perhaps we who play this game should leave some comments about the few bugs we experience in the game?

I can start with the "fine bread". The possibility to bake fine bread disappears after a couple of ambitions. I don't know if it is meant to be so, but I doubt it, because I had to quit a quest, where my hero should bake a fine loaf of bread and get some fish for the hungry population. Just because he simply couldn't bake this type of bread anymore.

I was able to repair the game through Origin but I didn't get the option back.
  • FrigwaldFrigwald Posts: 1 New Member
    I vote for a second chance. Not a TSM2 , just a new expansion. How about a Game of thrones kind of expansion?
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    That would be awesome! I have just reinstalled after getting a computer upgrade, and even though had a couple of probs with windows 10, followed the instructions in the ea help section and I'm away. I am really enjoying actually, surprised myself. If there was another expansion I'd buy it!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    I agree. this game is so addictive and challenging and fun. Of course it would be nice with some additions like horse riding, being able to build more rooms on the houses, and having the kids grow up like real simkids do, just the ages: baby, kid and adult would be charming.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Totally! @Simsister2004 The horseriding would be fabulous! I have just finished new beginnings and looking forward to sending my blacksmith to the new world shortly. Even this time round I am noticing new quests, and I am even choosing the alternate ones to what I normally pick, so getting new gameplay and new outcomes, very clever actually, the way they did it. Really, all it needs is a few upgrades and some tuning and I bet some other people would return also. It would be awesome if you could follow your sims to the places they go to on the ship, even if it's just a sandbox, come on EA have we tweaked your interest yet? lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Yes, in fact I don't want a Sims Medieval 2, because the current game is so amazing. some addition would keep the interest a long time forward.
  • Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    > @SterreJana said:
    > I would love to have another kind of historic sims game, maybe even that you can start in stone-age or whatever time you want and start with a family then and keep playing through the centuries as one big legacy challenge! That would be PERFECT! And also make sure that the clothes are acurate for the time you are playing in and if you'd choose an outfit that is not acurate for that time then other in-game sims would react shocked to that or something! Really keep hoping something like that would come!

That would be awesome! But I don't think it'll ever happen.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I recently rediscovered this game. And I like it even better then before. I tried to create medieval families in Sims 2 and Sims 4 but somehow modern life is always visible. In Sims Medieval I can completely immerse my sims in medieval times. I just with we could actually play the families of our hero's as well.
  • netsku2netsku2 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love Sims Medieval and how different it's from the other Sims games.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    It just needs some tweaking.. like more freedom to customise the kingdom and be able to control the heros offspring so that they can take over when they pass on. Id love to see medieval sims 4 but it won't happen because unfortuanly not many people liked tsm :disappointed:

It's not the games fault.. It seems most players don't like change.. so much so that they demand the same expansion packs each time round... sigh :tired_face:
    @MrJessXD The question about the socalled offspring taking over is, that this isn't the purpose of sims having kids in Sims Medieval. The purpose is to let them have more than three kids, then choose which one of the others can go to other places (schools) and then they will send special and precious gifts back to their parents. The parents gather the gifts at the messenger post.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2017
    Do any of you know where I can get Pirates and Nobles CD without having to pay an outragous amount for it like on Amazon or Ebay ($50+)?

I refuse to use Amazon (boycotting) and Ebay sellers think this must be made out of gold. I removed Origin so no I don't want to download from Origin. I didn't get that EP since they immediately closed down the site not long after it was released (bugs) but have wanted to add it in the last few years. CD only.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    It just needs some tweaking.. like more freedom to customise the kingdom and be able to control the heros offspring so that they can take over when they pass on. Id love to see medieval sims 4 but it won't happen because unfortuanly not many people liked tsm :disappointed:

It's not the games fault.. It seems most players don't like change.. so much so that they demand the same expansion packs each time round... sigh :tired_face:

ShimRod made a lot of mods for The Sims Medieval, but their link to his/her site is long gone. Maybe someone over at MTS can ask if they ever uploaded them to a site where they are still preserved and or if he/she knows of any such mod to let you control the kids in the hero's family.

I would link from MTS some mods others may want (they are found in a list not in DL category) but they have mods in that list that can't be linked here. But maybe one of them (2011) made such a mod, I don't know.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Do any of you know where I can get Pirates and Nobles CD without having to pay an outragous amount for it like on Amazon or Ebay ($50+)?

I refuse to use Amazon (boycotting) and Ebay sellers think this must be made out of gold. I removed Origin so no I don't want to download from Origin. I didn't get that EP since they immediately closed down the site not long after it was released (bugs) but have wanted to add it in the last few years. CD only.

I just bought the whole package through Origin. It was really cheap. You should try that.
    Cinebar wrote: »

I just bought the whole package through Origin. It was really cheap. You should try that.

No. :p I will not be reinstalling Origin until they correct all it's problems. :)
    Sad for you. But I don't have any problems with Origin.
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    I really loved the artwork and designs of the whole game , as well as all the unlockables and achievements in it . I bought the Pirates and Nobbles expansion as soon as it came out and it was AMAZING playing it and so enjoyable . In the other sims games I tend to create more modern houses with minimalist looks and at times it feels good to go back to the medieval sim times . I wish the EA expanded on that idea but the started creating SPORE and took it off the list which is such a disappointment ( don't get me wrong , this comment has no critical intention towards SPORE ) . I just wish the developers get back to the idea .It definitely deserved another chance ! I need more medieval adventures and quests :s !!
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
    I just got P&N recently and I'm enjoying the game even more. It's a shame there is so little CC and mods out there. Because this game is really fun. It's not completely sims and not completely RPG, I guess that's why I like it.
  • FairyRulerFairyRuler Posts: 49 Member
    I adore the game! If they gave it another shot, like maybe making kids grow up to teens to young adults or vice versa. Maybe add archery, jousting, wrestling, horse races, and other stuff. Even though it said Medieval the game had a mix of it plus looked like Renaissance like clothing. I have a lot of other ideas as well. ^^;
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    I have always loved TSM... the sense of humor in the Sims has always been good and quirky and tongue in cheek, but it seems to be at its greatest heights in TSM. The art design was perfect, too. Sims look AMAZING in it.
    > @FairyRuler said:
    > I adore the game! If they gave it another shot, like maybe making kids grow up to teens to young adults or vice versa. Maybe add archery, jousting, wrestling, horse races, and other stuff. Even though it said Medieval the game had a mix of it plus looked like Renaissance like clothing. I have a lot of other ideas as well. ^^;

I once read an article about the sims medieval being not really medieval. The conclusion was it was closer to Renaissance. lol
    Main reason was the presence of book (even servants and peasants can read!) and two competing forms of religion.
    But of course was also have a wizard and a pit beast so it will never be 100% realistic medieval.
    It really doesn't matter to me, if it is truly medieval or not. I like the mix between European "medieval" time, Sims in general and fantasy. And then of course the exiting quests and sense of humor.

@FairyRuler As described above, the purpose of having kids in the Sims Medieval is NOT to let them grow up, unless they are the king/queen's kids, and the king/queen dies. The purpose is to let them have more than 3 kids, and then let the kids go off to different schools to send valuable items back to their parents.
    I never knew they sent back items to their parents. I think now I finally have a reason to have more than 3 kids. Thanks for the advice
    It really doesn't matter to me, if it is truly medieval or not. I like the mix between European "medieval" time, Sims in general and fantasy. And then of course the exiting quests and sense of humor.

@FairyRuler As described above, the purpose of having kids in the Sims Medieval is NOT to let them grow up, unless they are the king/queen's kids, and the king/queen dies. The purpose is to let them have more than 3 kids, and then let the kids go off to different schools to send valuable items back to their parents.

I have never seen this in TSM, how do you send them to different schools? The only thing I ever did with the kids was to send them to get some supplies my Sim needed and I didn't have time for my Sim to go.