Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once Upon a Sim - Currently working on Snow White - Chapter 14 up! 03-15-2018

Comments

• SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @MadameLee It's been a while since I read the brother's Grimm version, but I don't remember any mention of the queen actually ruling anything. Of course she probably would, but the story wasn't about that, was it? In the Disney version, she definitely snaps because she's jealous of Snow's beauty. I've always taken her to be very vain and over-the-top because of that. Well, you'll see soon enough what I decided to do with her in this case.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited November 2017
    @MadameLee It's been a while since I read the brother's Grimm version, but I don't remember any mention of the queen actually ruling anything. Of course she probably would, but the story wasn't about that, was it? In the Disney version, she definitely snaps because she's jealous of Snow's beauty. I've always taken her to be very vain and over-the-top because of that. Well, you'll see soon enough what I decided to do with her in this case.

Well the Queen in the Grimm's story isn't actually stated to be ruling, but I got the impression because of my knowledge of history that she probably was ruling (and the same in the Disney movie) in Snow's stead. I mean if the King was alive in either of the versions, you wonder why the Huntsman didn't object a bit more like "What would the King say?" so I take it that supposedly that the EQ had all the power until Snow would have been on able to become Queen regnant (which reminds me-I need to take another look at the other Snow White versions that are mentioned in the "Snow White Making of" book.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Yeah, logically she'd have to be running things while Snow is yet just a child. That, or both of them are actually not doing much ruling and some uncle was taking care of that while not paying much attention to his niece. It wouldn't really surprise me, considering the way women were considered back then. Either the heir would have been some more or less distant relative of a king or nobleman, or everything would eventually go his daughter's husband... There's a reason people wanted sons. Well, they are fairy tales anyways, so there can only be speculation and imagination. I'll play around with stuff.
    @MadameLee Yeah, logically she'd have to be running things while Snow is yet just a child. That, or both of them are actually not doing much ruling and some uncle was taking care of that while not paying much attention to his niece. It wouldn't really surprise me, considering the way women were considered back then. Either the heir would have been some more or less distant relative of a king or nobleman, or everything would eventually go his daughter's husband... There's a reason people wanted sons. Well, they are fairy tales anyways, so there can only be speculation and imagination. I'll play around with stuff.

If I remember history correctly, ladies (ie not Queens) of knights who have castles and the knights went off to war-the Lady had to take care of the stuff that the the Lord would do ie defend the castle, make decisions on governmental stuff)
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee They probably did, but in a lot of places they were still not allowed to inherit if their husbands died, no? I'm not entirely sure. I've read so many little things about history that I get confused about what's what in the end.
    edited November 2017
    @MadameLee They probably did, but in a lot of places they were still not allowed to inherit if their husbands died, no? I'm not entirely sure. I've read so many little things about history that I get confused about what's what in the end.

I don't know about Germany, but in France girls couldn't ineheirt-the only exception to that rule happens to be Eleanor of Aquitaine who was the wife of two kings, one of the early Louis and then after "divorcing" him Henry II of England, and is the Mom of Richard the Lionheart and King John "Lackland" aka the Phony King of England and their older siblings (who die pre-Henry II's death).

edit: Germany eventually realised that it was a good idea that if the male line ended suddenly and only a girl was available, the girl could inherit the throne or farms (if they're fiefs).
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Wow, you did your research! Thanks for clearing that up. :) And I guess it explains why I thought women generally couldn't inherit. Most of my knowledge of history is centered around France.

Also notice for everyone, I've uploaded a new part to Bianca's story! I'm starting to focus on more specific moments, now. And Bianca definitely is not a perfect princess. Here is chapter 3!
  • abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    Your story is beautiful! I LOVE it! <3
    @MadameLee Wow, you did your research! Thanks for clearing that up. :) And I guess it explains why I thought women generally couldn't inherit. Most of my knowledge of history is centered around France.

Also notice for everyone, I've uploaded a new part to Bianca's story! I'm starting to focus on more specific moments, now. And Bianca definitely is not a perfect princess. Here is chapter 3!

you're welecome and you're story is really good..one of my upcoming projects is a "Fairytale Changelle" but it will END with SW but start with SB. But it's after a collab I'm planning I don't have a name for it.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Cool! How will this fairytale challenge differ from the Disney Princess one? Will it work with some of the other fairytales? And I'm curious as to the reasons for picking that sequence specifically. Is there one?
    @MadameLee Cool! How will this fairytale challenge differ from the Disney Princess one? Will it work with some of the other fairytales? And I'm curious as to the reasons for picking that sequence specifically. Is there one?

Well I have to think of a replacement for the Princess and the Pea-I'm thinking somehow Rumpelstiltskin). For the reason-you know the Show Once Upon a Time? Season 2 had this plot in the first-half of it where Snow White and Emma gets transported back to the Snow's (and Charming, Regina's,etc) Enchanted Forest and they meet Aurora, Prince Phillip and Mulan, not to mention Snow gets to re-meet her step-grandma Cora and Aurora, who like Snow had the "Sleeping Curse" placed upon her Aurora (and Henry, who took a sleeping curse *for* Emma his birth mother in Season 1), are able to um go into a interesting "Netherworld" and Henry keeps getting injured in that world by the flames, so that Charming volunteers to go under the sleeping curse and Rumple talks a bit about the history of the sleeping curse. I think he says something about spindles first.

so that made me think of a story which starts with a curse over 9 female generations of one family and since spindles are much, much older then apples in Europe it was a practical idea. But each time there is a happy ever after something bad happens. First Gen is SB, 2nd is Cinderella, 3 Frog prince (I will have to figure out how to do that with Sims) 4th is Rapunzel, 5th Rumpelstiltskin, 6th Beauty&the Beast, 7th TLM, 8th Aladdin and 9th being Snow White. I have an actually 8th generation of actually novel of the "Sleeping Beauty&the Dark curse" I'm thinking of somehow making the story into a news cast of stuff with 2 fairies (one who wouldn't have kids and another who will have kids to fight against the villain who will also have children). The actually novel borrows from a variety of different source materials for each generation plus my own!!

sorry for the paragraph.

6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Don't worry about writing a lot with me. It's fine. Your challenge has an interesting premise. So basically, each generation is cursed? It looks like most of this will be focused on princes and princesses (which makes sense, since it's a legacy), so how does Rumpelstiltskin fit in? It's one of the tales I really didn't know about until I watched Once Upon a Time. All of the stories are so transformed that it might be why I don't see how it fits in...
    @MadameLee Don't worry about writing a lot with me. It's fine. Your challenge has an interesting premise. So basically, each generation is cursed? It looks like most of this will be focused on princes and princesses (which makes sense, since it's a legacy), so how does Rumpelstiltskin fit in? It's one of the tales I really didn't know about until I watched Once Upon a Time. All of the stories are so transformed that it might be why I don't see how it fits in...

I don't know how Rumpelstiltskin fits in-I would have to make something bad happen to Rapunzel and her prince.

For instance in Gen 1 (ie Sleeping Beauty) as part of the plot the King&Queen will raise servants' daughters as their own (and they're all dressed in styles and learn the same things as the Princess) which backfires on Princess and her husband, when the 2 get married and the Princess' parents die (as well as the Prince's) and that 2 servants give their husbands the idea that the husband should be King or something not the current ones which makes them go to civil war which force the princess (queen) and her husband to abdicated and move elsewhere where my Cinderella story comes in. the next time something bad happens is at the end of "Frog Prince" I wouldn't be able to show a famine/drought which is when that generation has to abdicate which is where Rapunzel starts.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee That all sounds pretty good. And for the famine or drought, it isn't much, but maybe letting your sims be uncomfortable most of the time due to hunger and low hygiene, and never water any plants so they will look all dried up? It isn't much in terms of gameplay, but should portray it pretty well...
    @MadameLee That all sounds pretty good. And for the famine or drought, it isn't much, but maybe letting your sims be uncomfortable most of the time due to hunger and low hygiene, and never water any plants so they will look all dried up? It isn't much in terms of gameplay, but should portray it pretty well...

but at the moment-I'm working on my NaNoWriMo novel (got 10,00 words!!!)
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Awesome! I've never managed to convince myself to write so much in so little time, but NaNoWriMo has always looked interesting. Keep going! Even if you don't reach 50k, I'm sure you'll manage to get a lot done by the end!
    @MadameLee Awesome! I've never managed to convince myself to write so much in so little time, but NaNoWriMo has always looked interesting. Keep going! Even if you don't reach 50k, I'm sure you'll manage to get a lot done by the end!

I'm on chapter 18 and my characters been in this unnamed land for 6 days already.
    6adMCGP.gif
    The fourth part is up! It turned out slightly shorter than expected, but it's because I actually had to cut it into two parts. I hope you like it!
    Part 4
  • TheEdgyMouseTheEdgyMouse Posts: 1 New Member
    This is very creative and cool!!!
    @TheEdgyMouse Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)
    It's good!!
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.
    edited November 2017
    @MadameLee Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

@SerraNolwen I love fairytales..I didn't mention one of my projects (once I ever get it upload to my email) is a history book "Fairie Tale History" explains about stuff in "classical' stories" (not just in fairytales) and real-life..there's are so many things I get annoyed with like a certain UL that because "Walt felt responsible for his mother's death that's why there's no Moms in movies." and I don't know if you know that 1949(?) Disney movie called "Adventures of Mr.Toad and Icbod Crane"? some people few Ichbod as a gold digger not understanding what it was like back during the times the story's set in. With Peter Pan they think the Lost Boys are orphans but they aren't.. (I have an explanation for everything) with stuff from other sources to back up my theory. The latest one is people doesn't seem to understand why Anna (but it's pronounced like "A" is an O ) has to ask Queen Elsa for permission to marry Hans.
    6adMCGP.gif
    A new post is up on Once Upon a Sim! I'm posting this from my phone, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to give you the specific link for this part. As usual, I hope you enjoy it!
    A new post is up on Once Upon a Sim! I'm posting this from my phone, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to give you the specific link for this part. As usual, I hope you enjoy it!

you might want to fix Chapter's 4 link as well since it's just takes me to Wordpress's log-in-screen.
    6adMCGP.gif