Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4 Cats & Dogs worth it?

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Yes!
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »

Cats & Dogs EP is Perfect. <3 I love this EP I have not see bugs or glitches.
    I do truly own Cats & Dogs, I do Play the EP daily. I am so happy I have it. It made Sims 4 what it should have been, people who truly have the Cats & Dogs are at Awe of the EP.

Online you are not allowed to review a product that you do not have because that would not be fair. Even though it's happening here But is it fair? going to get it is not having it.

For the most part, Simmers with Mods and CC are having problems and that has nothing to do with Cats & Dogs EP.
    A few ignored the warning that they upped the specs on the New EP. and that has nothing to do with Cats & Dogs EP.

Cats & Dogs is Perfect and was made by a Team that loves the Sims and the simmers as well. I was not even a cat and dog lover in real, but in the Sims 4 game I now have Cats & Dogs and I love my pets. I thought it would take a long time to download but for me, it was under 30min, and its so many cute full breeds to chose from in cats and dogs categories.

First of all, you always see their picture in the family line up so you can always find them or click the whistle to get them to come to you
    with their picture, you can tell easily if they are ok with the background color.our toddlers are very cute with the dogs and cats. I must say the Dogs and Cats are much more easy to deal with and control and train. For the first time, we get to truly walk around our cities like we have always wanted to and enjoy the sites.

Cats & Dogs EP is Perfect. <3

SAME EXPERIENCE FOR ME, as well. I've had no problems or glitches and like it a lot.

Same for me. I do have mods but I updated them all before running the game and I've had no issues.
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    Yes!
    I voted yes because from what I've seen (yes, I don't have the expansion yet but I've watched lots of lets plays) I feel like I would really enjoy this expansion pack.

Now, before someone comes complaining to me about not knowing whether or not I can like it without playing it myself first, let me just say that I think I'm smart enough to know whether or not I will like something when I see someone else doing it. Just because you don't own it, doesn't mean you can't tell whether you will like it or not.

I've always been a fan of any of the pets EP's whether it was The Sims 2 (in which you couldn't control the pets either) or The Sims 3, and now I feel like I would very much enjoy Cats & Dogs as well.

I don't mind the fact that we can't see the needs of the animals because there's a lot of guess work in real life when it comes to animals as well. I like the realistic way of taking care of your pets in this way. With that being said, I also liked how we could control our pets in The Sims 3. So I guess, in the end, it really didn't matter to me in the first place. I don't really care if we can or cannot control/see the needs of our cats and dogs.

Also, I would never buy an EP, SP, GP without expecting some (game breaking) bugs. Granted, I've never experienced any "game breaking" bugs myself and only have had minor bugs, but then again I only have two EP's and a couple GP's. But with that being said, I would think it would just be expected by now that an EP would be released with bugs. They all are released with bugs. So I have no problem waiting for them to be fixed.

As for paying the full price, the only reason why I don't have the EP yet is because I am waiting for it to go on sale. However, I'm not waiting for a sale price because I don't think it's worth the full price. I'm waiting because I honestly don't have $40 to spend on an EP. If I had the $40, then yeah, I would totally buy it right now and play for hours. But the reality of it is, is that I don't and so I have to wait.

But I think, once I do get it, that I will have loads of fun playing, especially the vet career which is something I've been looking forward to a lot! :D
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No.
    Had to vote no. I cant change anything about how the lots look to build what I want. And what they've done with the lots is against how I see a "beachy" community.

I can't make this my sims game and everything they add shows me that more and more.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Not voting, because I don't have it yet.
    But posting to say, so far, only the vampires pack was worth paying full price for. Even the base game isn't worth it's full price.

TS4 is failing to make me want to spend money.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Kinda.
    Maybe... It doesn't make me wanna play the game, but it's not that bad either. I'm not a huge fan of pets. :confused: I'm probably one of the few persons in the world who doesn't like cats or dogs IRL. :lol:
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited November 2017
    Kinda.
    I like it, but it adds less gameplay than parenthood and vampires. It seems to have a fraction of the content that Sims 2 and Sims 3 pet packs had. It definitely is worth buying as it is pretty great, but I think it's worth about $20.

That said, I don't regret buying it. The animals are cute, the vet career lucrative (insanely so), and I love the country build and buy items. I wish there was more, well, cats and dogs buy options as well, though. I'm considering using CC for doghouses and such.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Yes!
    I love C&D. I love having the pets, the CAS, CAP and Brindleton Bay. Worth the money in my opinion, and I haven't tried the vet career yet.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    No.
    I'm lucky I get a discount everytime I buy through Origin, has something to do with my card. But honestly, even so, I don't think it was worth the price. I mean, honestly, all the better stuff was included in the FREE update. Most of the reason why people like it, basing on what I read and understand from people here in the forums, the EP looks beautiful. I couldn't agree more. But that's about it. I looks beautiful. Period. Of course, it's comes with many features aka bugs and glitches. lol. So ummmm... yeah. No, not worth it. Wait for it to go on sale if you really want Pets in your sim's lives, but otherwise there is no need for you to add another buggy EP in your already buggy game.

This is NOT what an Expansion pack should be like. More like a gamepack. People who think this IS an expansion pack, is pulling this game down.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Kinda.
    Kinda...

I wish the new world had more lots. There's not a lot of pets buy mode items too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    Kinda.
    "Kinda" only because I respect those who have it and enjoy it.

As for me, I would say "No" because pets are not things I want in my game even though there is other content in the expansion aside from the animals.

• NellyStardustNellyStardust Posts: 24 New Member
    Yes!
    I am loving it. I haven't really experienced many glitches, and things are running pretty smoothly. The pets have just become such a normal part of my game play, the way toddlers did when they were added. I've done a few families where I focus specifically on stuff that came with the pack - training, breeding, living in the new neighbourhood. But for the most part pets are just a part of the family dynamics of my Sims. I do a lot of family-oriented play, and I just love being able to have a family in the suburbs with a couple of animals that the kids have to walk and pick up after. And I think the dogs and cats in pack look better than in any other pets pack from throughout the previous three generations of the Sims.

I do wish there were more pet objects in Build Mode though - there really aren't enough beds or food bowls to choose from.
  • abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    Yes!
    YES! I like it so much! Cats And Dogs are so cute! <3
  • DivaEvie07DivaEvie07 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Yes!
    I love Cats & Dogs, the vet career is amazing! The animations are just great, the paint mode in CAS just helps so much so I can create my own dogs and cats, the breeding turns out with some weird breeds and some good ones.
    evie
    currently playing NSB
  • barespycebarespyce Posts: 34 Member
    Kinda.
    I have to say after spending the money on it that I was kind of disappointed by the features this pack provided. I blame my lack of due diligence for the preorder.

I find that the things you're able to do with your pet are so very limited, and if you've spent roughly a month game time with just one sim and one animal, you run out of things to do. It therefore just becomes repetitive. Hey puppy, don't forget to go pee, and I'll fill up your food bowl, give you a hug and you're happy. The end.

What is the purpose of the obstacle course by the way? Aside from a little pop up saying you've aced it? There's nothing at all to gain from this except watching the animal zip back and forth through it. You do it once, it's perfect, items sold.

Highly disappointed in the fact that you can only BUY a vet clinic, that it isn't a career choice.

I don't think I'd spend the money knowing that I don't care to repetitively engage in the EP stuff except for the neat stuff added in buy and build mode.

Basically, I was less disappointed in the bugs vs the pack as a whole.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    No.
    No..I have played it. Way too many backdrops, decals, bugs, and it breaks other paid for content. The cats and dogs are cute moving decor, that quickly become annoying (some because of bugs/glitches). The vet career was fun for 1 day until hire employees decided that gabbing was more important than working.. The animals that would randomly get off the table when being examined. All the dirty dogs. And the lack of once again actual gameplay where I rule.
  • Stef024Stef024 Posts: 19 Member
    No.
    I have the pack and I have been playing it almost everyday.
    This whole pack is one big disappointment for me.

You can't control your pet. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
    When my sims are of to work my dog just stands somewhere doing absolutely nothing or he is sleeping until my sims get back from work.
    I just wish I could control him now I'm also waiting till my sims get home. :(

I really hope they come with a new update so we can control them
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Kinda.
    I said "kinda" because it does seem to be worth buying, but not at full price. Especially not at the ridiculous prices I'm currently finding, like $50 at Amazon. That's nuttier than squirrel droppings. No way am I paying more than the price of the base game. The gameplay looks interesting, and I do like my sims to have pets, but I'll wait for it to be on sale.
  • rune1973rune1973 Posts: 15 New Member
    Kinda.
    yes it is though it dont have horses its much better than in the sims 3 though like with the other DLC i think it could be cheaper than £35 area like maybe £25 would be better but it is good.
  • NavyLacedNavyLaced Posts: 15 Member
    Kinda.
    I'm on the fence about this one. I paid the full $40 because I thought that relationships with pets would be a lot deeper than it actually is. Yes, create a pet is EXTREMELY good and very powerful in making realistic pets. However, beyond that I find that it's a bit lacking. Pets are like toddlers to me. They're cute and fun to be with, but overall are quite a bit of work (yes, I know they're pets and you take care of them but there ALWAYS seems like there's something you have to take care of, which gets in the way of enjoying the company of pets).

The build and buy stuff is quite nice, and the world is beautiful--so that's a plus. However, if you really wanted to have deep meaningful connections with pets, you won't really find it unless you're willing to invest a lot of time into story building etc.

At first I was on board with pets being uncontrollable, but you can't even view their needs and that goes back to the whole "you have to take care of them A LOT" thing.

I wouldn't buy it for $40, and wish that I got it on Instant Gaming for $20 ish instead but I was so excited that I couldn't wait.
  • bumb1ebeebumb1ebee Posts: 28 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, in my opinion (despite the bugs) it gave a lot to my gameplay. There's more dynamics I can take with the story of each of my families.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Kinda.
    I paid $20 which is why i say ‘kinda’ - I can’t justify a $40 price tag, but for $20 it’s worth it. Had they offered more for Cats and Dogs it would be well worth $40, but there’s not much. There’s a collection of crates (huge ones!) that are only there for cats to jump on, but dogs can’t get on a Sim bed. I’m disappointed with the lack of stuff for Cats or Dogs to do. CAP + the Vet aren’t what made me want the pack.

I say kinda sas well.The pets are semi more lively , but that s not game play. I like the whine with the pballs, and frears , and quriks . Either than tha I think sims 3 , and 2 were more fun The lack of objects is telling. There are no doghouses or digging in the front yard. The world looks okay, but nothing really extraordinary.As for the Vet it is fun,but it only funs for a while. Pets also can't die so the vet feels less necessary. As a whole, they are some good things in the pack,but it stil feels lacking. Its not worth 40 dllars, 20 dollars seema fair price.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes!
    Considering the new gameplay of pets, the new CAP features and all the breeds available, and the enormous BB catalog, I feel it's worth the money.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Yes!
    I voted yes because I love the new town and the addition of pets! The town is super cute and very beach themed. I think there are a bunch of hints of whats to come next in sims (hopefully seasons and beaches). They included boats as a new means to get around, even though they can't move and you won't see your sim get on the boat and drive off. You can click the boats to take you to certain areas of the map, like the lighthouse or beach. I think the animals add to the dynamic of the household. They are adorable and fun to watch since they do a bunch of random things. My favorite thing was when I turned on the vacuum while my cat was sitting on it and he was riding around on it throughout the house. It is kind of a challenge to take care of them since I feel like it takes up a lot of the time but it is nice to have them around.

The only complaint I have is that not everyone can become a vet. Your vet sim can hire other sims but when you play with that other sim, it won't show that they work as a vet. The sim will not recognize that they work there so it says unemployed. (Don't know if its a glitch). I wish it were like doctors where you can go to work with them and do different tasks to work your way up in the career.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    No.
    I have been very critical of some of the design decisions made for this pack and decided not to buy it. My family however bought it for me for 20$ as a early Christmas present. Now that I have been playing for awhile there are many things I LOVE about this pack.
    -The animals are adorable and I really enjoy the interactions they have with my sims and each other.
    -The world is stunning. It is my new favorite world.
    -I love this style of furniture.

Even with the many things I do enjoy about this pack it is in no way worth 40$.
    -There are still too many things missing to pay full price. The lack of dog houses and chew toys. The pitiful dog rug bed things. I want my pet items to reflect the personality of my pet. More choices would have been nice.
    -I want additional gameplay. Actual things for my sims to do with their pets. The vet career is fun but for an expansion pack it is not enough.
    -The beautiful world is too small. There should be many more lots. I love the feel of the world but it is tiny. A town center area for community lots would have been fun. We can see one in the beautiful backdrop we just do not get to play there.
    -The cats and dogs are not unique enough to justify the lack of other animals. Animals should have been added not taken away. We should have had rabbits, ferrets and micro pigs plus all the small animals we are used to having in a pet expansion.
    -The biggest negative for me is the non controllable pets, not being able to see there needs and no family tree for the pets.

I feel like this pack was pushed out unfinished with "design decisions" used as an excuse for lack of features and content.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Kinda.
    I voted "Kinda" because I definitely like the CAS, CAP, BB features, and I find Brindleton Bay pretty. I enjoy playing it as well.

However, I agree that it's the gameplay part that is lacking. I agree that there should've been more iteractive items for the cats and dogs. Sure there's those poles and tunnels, but I'd like more things like pet beds and being able to have a dog that sleeps on a people bed too.

I also agree that bugs in the game and not being able to see a window for pet family trees or traits (unless you hover over relationship panel) is kind of annoying.

I'm one of those people who like to document things, so my cat running off, getting laid, then coming back to give birth to a kitten I don't know the father of bothers me since I can't write down who it is. Sure it's realistic if I keep an unspayed cat and leave it out to roam everywhere with little to no control that they could come back pregnant without me knowing... But still, I enjoy being able to see little statistics about them. I don't have to control them for that, I just wanna read. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top