Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Seasons to be the next expansion after Cats and Dogs?

Comments

• umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    I don't want Seasons to be the next expansion
    i woud rather uni be next but i hav a feelin itll be seasons
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    I want Seasons to be the next expansion
    Definitely :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    I need seasons for TS4 to feel complete.
    It adds so much to the daily gameplay. With clothes making a difference on your temperature, weather would probably effect mood, we will probably get a beach and be able to swim in the ocean, maybe your grass will grown and you have to mow the lawn. Another simmer mentioned temperature could be another need, and your sims might get too hot and need to take a cool shower or jump in a pool or have air-conditioning or fans in their house, or stand next to a cheap fan for it to cool them down. Of if they get too cold, they need to warm up by putting on warmer clothes, going next to a fire, or a heater. Having holidays, snow days, kids summer camps, some new careers. Maybe a storm could make the power cut out for an hour (Laptops would still work, but your desktop computer wouldn't). Sims could light candles in their home to make light in a blackout. Family picnics, swimming parties, great pool stuff like slides, floaties for toddlers (Of course an adult must be watching them outside to swim, or they can come in the pool with them, and play with them in the pool). Toddlers could get swimming lessons by hiring instructors, or by parents or teen siblings.

There is just so many possibilities and endless fun that Seasons could bring. As long as EA steps up their game to make it a complete and new pack.

I need seasons!
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I would love to have seasons next!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    If they can do it, yes, I'd like Seasons to make the next expansion. But since it's probably the EP I'm waiting for the most, I'm fine with waiting a little bit longer to get awesome seasons :)
  • Kalila_ChanKalila_Chan Posts: 80 Member
    I want it to be University.
    vIugFwp.gif
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I don't want Seasons to be the next EP. I need Showtime/Superstar. I need music bands with lead singers.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    Yes, i want season for the next Expansion Pack! :smile:
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I would love Seasons to be the next EP for sure, but also having more themed vacation worlds come in like a complimentary GP would be just as great!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    Definitely want it. The always summer feel gets so boring after a while. All the festivals/events that could happen based on the seasons, new interactions, new illnesses. It'd be so much fun!
    0sCPiZh.png
  • allieb028allieb028 Posts: 44 Member
    Yes! I want to see snow!! I also wouldn't mind if they did University next! I miss being able to get a degree for your sims and making your younger kids go to boarding school.
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Let me elaborate on my choice. I don't want Seasons to be an Expansion based on the EP's they've released so far. I'd rather the GP team tackle that instead. That way there would actually be some in-depth gameplay. I don't want or need a world released with it, just modify the existing ones to allow for the new effects. I could see the GP team actually offering choices for weather instead of it being a forced thing for each world.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Yeah, I would like for them to just put me out of my misery and release a Seasons EP. What's weird for me is that I'm not even enthusiastic about it and I usually love Seasons. I mean I felt that way with Cats & Dogs at first, but then it hit me that what I was getting excited about wasn't really new just easier. And what I hoped for isn't an option unless I download a mod. And what I thought would be cool seems lackluster. So now my expectations for Seasons are just... seasons.

I guess at least everything will look bright and pretty and hopefully there's a new world so that's something. I wish I didn't feel this way. I'm looking for something to wow me and the only thing that's done that so far is toddlers. Pets and Seasons are my favorites so I'm hoping for something, anything awe-inspiring. Some of the things I can think of probably wouldn't work in The Sims 4 though. :frowning:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    NikNak wrote: »
    Let me elaborate on my choice. I don't want Seasons to be an Expansion based on the EP's they've released so far. I'd rather the GP team tackle that instead. That way there would actually be some in-depth gameplay. I don't want or need a world released with it, just modify the existing ones to allow for the new effects. I could see the GP team actually offering choices for weather instead of it being a forced thing for each world.

I agree, it would be extremely important for existing worlds to adapt to the seasons rather than just a single world built for it.
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2017
    rjssim wrote: »
    I agree, it would be extremely important for existing worlds to adapt to the seasons rather than just a single world built for it.
    It's the most important aspect of Seasons. If there was only one world that had seasons that would be extremely jarring when traveling between worlds, and I probably wouldn't get the pack. The only problem I could see with my suggestion is that they may charge for individual seasons. Which I must admit I could see EA doing.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    NikNak wrote: »

In theory I would guess every one wants seasons like that - but then there is two issues - 1 - this game will not work with toggles according to the devs and that would take some kind of toggle or switch - and number 2 - weather would affect every world - and the way they (the devs) keep stating they cannot do anything that changes finished worlds in this game because it breaks saves - so sounds to me as seasons turned each time it happens our saves would be no good. Apparently they have been trying since get to work came out to fix these two issues but apparently could not seeing to answer us who have not been able to get abductions since the turned them down and still could not make a toggle or switch they turned the abduction up a little instead.

So if any thing more then a tuning breaks the saves how the heck is the game going to even allow gradual changes to all the finished worlds anyway as that would be a switch affect - to give player choices would be a toggle. The only way I could see it happen at all is via FX and of course Sims do not react or inter-react to fx programing. So what good is seasons if it becomes as fake as the backgrounds and fx cars and such already in the game. If we want inter - reaction in the game with weather affects it seems to be it would have to be like Sims 1 was - the weather related vacation spots.

Of course like many of us I am still hoping they find a way to do it Sims 3 style - but I have almost zero confidence in that happening and one reason I voted no for Seasons to be next. University would be nice and not have risks like that. Maybe an Ocean liner vacation / Honeymoon/ or family Vacation that visits some fun ports.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LoveableAngelzLoveableAngelz Posts: 1 New Member
    I think having Seasons as the next expansions would be amazing but also would love to see Uni, also bringing back some classics from sims 1 like Hot Date but make it maybe into a stuff pack so it makes the sims dating process more in depth and fun. I'm happy as well with whatever the team bring out as they have been listening to us anyway and have really been changing the sims such as adding pools and toddlers into free updates :)!! I haven't got Cats and Dogs yet but awaiting payday i will be getting it :D I hope it will be a great addition to my sims family.
  • TarrynLovesSimsTarrynLovesSims Posts: 4 New Member
    Once seasons comes out, I feel my game will be way better. This is all I have been waiting for honestly. Once I get weather, I feel that the days in the sims world won't be the same day, if that makes sense. I can't wait for this expansion.
  • Elrich91Elrich91 Posts: 13 New Member
    Honestly, I would prefer a game pack on wherewolf. I'm not a fan of vampires (too obscure for me) and the aliens are boring (very few powers, in the sims 3 they had much more interactions). I love supernatural sims and with dogs and cats the towolf would be perfect.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    In view of all the foul-ups, bugs, and disappointments of every pack released to date, do we really want the current team to tamper with the weather? Unless they are exceedingly much intensively careful about quality control I can easily see things such as: rain = massive flooding, perhaps all animals proceeding in pairs to the nearest boat; snow = single floor homes buried up to the housetops, multiple story homes accessible only via upper floor windows (this happened to my late wife several times while she lived in PEI, Canada); hail = one stone will kill a sim instantly, outside objects destroyed, roofs holed and badly damaged; lightning = massive fire storms akin to late WW2 incinerating everything. Weather is a powerful thing, a force that ever reminds humans just how puny and powerless we really are. Sorry to say, but the performance of TS4 to date does not give me confidence that seasons in it would be of the same quality as in TS2, enough to know there was weather, but not overwhelming in its effects.
    edited November 2017
    In view of all the foul-ups, bugs, and disappointments of every pack released to date, do we really want the current team to tamper with the weather? Unless they are exceedingly much intensively careful about quality control I can easily see things such as: rain = massive flooding, perhaps all animals proceeding in pairs to the nearest boat; snow = single floor homes buried up to the housetops, multiple story homes accessible only via upper floor windows (this happened to my late wife several times while she lived in PEI, Canada); hail = one stone will kill a sim instantly, outside objects destroyed, roofs holed and badly damaged; lightning = massive fire storms akin to late WW2 incinerating everything. Weather is a powerful thing, a force that ever reminds humans just how puny and powerless we really are. Sorry to say, but the performance of TS4 to date does not give me confidence that seasons in it would be of the same quality as in TS2, enough to know there was weather, but not overwhelming in its effects.

The head of the ep team and a few other Devs on that team also worked on Sims 2 and sims 3 so they know how it goes - but this engine, programming and even by its very design Sims 4 is a horse of a different color so no matter how much we like Sims 1 - 2 - or 3 and no matter how great the experience the Sims 4 ep team is in Sims series - this version itself is the issue and not at all the team making it. Keep that in mind.

I have seen people from other studios remark EA and Maxis has some of the best people in this business - many times - they are also called some of the hardest working devs - so I think people ought to give them a break - and consider OTHER issues perhaps. I mean think of it - these are some of the same devs and animators, artists, etc that brought us the Sims 2 and 3. You can't write that off. Can you? Never mind the fact we now have an entire team of folks who do nothing but find solutions to the bugs - which we never had before.

The toddler, parenthood, and the Vamps prove they are great at what they do - but they can't help what canvas they have to paint on. I wish to high heaven they'd allow them to use EA's inhouse Frostbyte 3 engine for a sims game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I want Seasons but I need to be able to choose the type of weather I want for each world (for example, I don't want it to snow in Oasis Springs). If that's not possible, then at the very least seasons has to affect all worlds, including the ones that came with other packs. If they give us seasons like TS1 where it's only tied to vacation worlds then I will be so done with TS4. That will be the last straw because this EP is probably the one that impacts my gameplay the most. Without it, I feel like the game gets really static, there's no sense that time is passing by, it's like my sims are stuck in an endless summer doing the same things over and over again. It gets boring, really, no matter how much other content they add to the game. There's also a lack of meaningfulness when it comes to certain things, like lighting a fireplace when my sims don't feel cold at all, or dressing them with winter clothes when temperature doesn't even exist, or putting up a Christmas tree when sims don't even acknowledge it because the holiday doesn't exist in game, etc. etc. It all seems super pointless without actual Seasons/Holidays.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    What, may I ask, is Frostbyte3? I wonder if some sort of 'guys, this is all we can do with the engine we have to work with' post by one of the gurus would cut down a lot of the griping, etc. on the forums. A lot of it comes across as, 'we had X before, so why not now?' apparently assuming the current engine (like those before it) can handle it. It's a whole other thing if the current engine is why we don't have X, and if folks knew that maybe it would be more peaceful around here.
    It's the game engine that runs all EA's big games. Google it.

In dreams - I LIVE!