Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeding kids (in high chairs) is a nightmare!!

2...Next

Comments

• pherenikapherenika Posts: 5 New Member
    I bought the parenting game pack yesterday. Today, after getting my first toddler, I rage quitted after the fifth time of this exact thing happened.

It's extremely frustrating. I'm having a great time playing and this incredibly weird AI ruins it for me. I've tried micromanaging the whole thing, but it takes a lot of play/pause to get it working.

Removing the high chairs altogether from my house is a good idea, I'll try that until this AI issue is fixed.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't have "Parenthood", so I don't know if this will work for you, but turning autonomy off actually helps somewhat. Also, clicking on the Toddler with a caretaker and selecting "Give Food" under the "Toddler Care" menu is easier than any other process when it comes to feeding them in the highchair. Sure, the kid gets a random quick meal, but at least he eats. The same with bathtime: Autonomy off, Toddler Care > Give Bath/Bubblebath.

Still, even with autonomy off, parents/caretakers will still somehow pop up with an autonomous "Check on Toddler" action out of nowhere. Then, the kid will drop whatever action you set them to and you don't know why until you check one of the caretakers and see that they're doing that thing again. I really hate those random autonomous actions that happen whether or not you have autonomy off...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    It's annoying the high chair for toddlers! :neutral:
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I have a problem with this but for some reason it's been simply reading them to sleep then just highchairs too! I have to take multiple steps to make it work, like actually picking up said toddler first and then before the parent wants to put them right back down again I have to literally pause and finally click on the bed to read them to sleep. For some reason it's a routing issue even though they can reach the bed just fine..? Don't even get me started with the highchair problems; I literally mainly have the toddlers just take the food from the highchair and have them walk to the couch to eat, it's really much easier for me. This is even without Parenthood.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LafooteLafoote Posts: 70 Member
    Almost March. This is still occurring. It's nightmarish. At least the kid will snatch the food off the chair when someone puts them down for no reason. Still, what's the point of the chair if they can't sit in it.

They do a great job adding content to Sims games. They do a dreadful job squashing bugs.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The high chair actions are annoying. It needs a fix. I agree. Atm, it is better to put food in the toddlers reach and let them fend for themselves. Watch your pets. They will probably try to help themselves too.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yes this is a verry bad for me too. This makes me not want to even play toddlers because of how buggy their AI is. Parents set the toddlers in the highchair and give them food when their hunger is full, for the toddler to just make a mess. Max potty skilled toddlers are force potty trained by their parents, even if their bladder is high too. Please fix this sim team.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I still experience this aswell. Adult A places toddler in a highchair and adult B takes the toddler out again. There should be some mechanism that locks the toddler to adult A for the duration of the meal which prevents other adults from interfering like taking the toddler out of the chair.
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    I make sure the other parent is busy, and then I make the toddler ask for food/dessert, which seems to work. If I make the parent put the toddler in the high chair, or I use the "give toddler food"-option from the fridge, it doesn't work, in my experience I have to make the toddler ask for the food.
    This is also nice because the parent will just give the toddler whatever, so it goes quicker instead of choosing from the meny.
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    My toddler is a baby girl vampire and she throws her food on the floor she only accepts to mashed apples. I am desperate when I play rarely this family I am lost. The parents always argue with her she never understands she needs to be feed with diverse food even if she's a vampire. I really ask for sims 4.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    What I think is a nightmare is when you try to read to them. Every single time I have to tell them to do it three times. The mom will start walking toward the toddler when first prompted to read and then just stop and the interaction disappears. I tell her to do it again and the toddler comes toward her and she pulls out a book and the interaction will disappear again, then the third time it actually happens.

There is some buggy stuff with the highchair for sure. My sims always take the toddler out and put him back several times for no reason, but I don't have as much problem with the highchair as I do the reading thing.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2018
    It was so annoying that I just stopped using high chairs all together. They are not welcome in my Sims' homes anymore. Which means that now all my kitchens have to have sofas or armchairs so the toddlers don't go all the way to the living room (or whereever there's one) with the food and eat with the rest of the family.
    Something that gets on my nerves as someone also mentioned it is the "read to sleep" interaction. Most of the times they won't do it and it shows the bubble of "there's something on the way". There isn't. What I found works all the time is if you first pick the toddler up, and then click on the bed for that interaction. But still a pain.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    I have the parenthood pack and its way too complicated to take care of toddlers in certain situations.

First it was a nightmare to get two adults to pick up two toddlers and place them in high chairs. Either the parents were too slow and gave up trying because the toddler always wanted something to eat thats nearby or I managed to get one toddler into a high chair and then another adult came and put the toddler down on the floor. Then I managed to get both toddlers into the high chair but giving them the available food I prepared is difficult aswell. It worked for one of the two toddlers tho. But then another adult came and picked up the EATING toddler and placed her on the ground aswell... just to pick her up again... to put down again... to put up again...to put down again... So both toddlers sat down on the floor ON THEIR OWN and ate.

This happened right after both toddlers woke up with a full energy bar. After all this both were already down to 50%. Sometimes getting them into a bath is equally difficult. Putting them to bed on the other hand is easy.

The highchair issue I got with the toddler update not the parenting pack.

Parents are a nightmare when you get one to put the toddler in the chair only for the other to take them out when you don't want them to.

The more toddlers you have the worse it gets :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    It's June now and the issue still exists. They better fix all of the bugs before creating another pack. It's really frustrating and I'm kinda disappointed purchasing these packs.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    What gets me is that feeding toddlers in Sims 2 and 3 was so simple, whereas in 4 it almost always leads to stress. How could something they got right in the past two iterations go so wrong here? As soon as you've got more than one toddler at any one time things just go insane when it comes to high chairs. More like musical chairs.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I just never used the high chairs after the first attempt. I just draw a plate out of the fridge to a counter and have all sims (including the toddler) grab a serving.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top