Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Thread Closed) Warning, I had to Shut down Cats & Dogs It became an Horror Show

StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

WARNinG Upsetting Content, I was checking on a household call cat woman in Sims 4 New Cats & dogs. So I gave her small home a fresh new look and changed her clothing and hair, and gave all the cats new sweaters, then cleaned up the place and made the downstairs bathroom cats-only with 3 automatic litterboxes. and added an auto feeder for each cat, etc. I was not going to play the household but I did stay too long.

First, a girl cat got ill I took her to the vet she got ok quickly. that was the first day I visited the household
Then I return to fix something so it was supposed to be a quick fix and go visit. I checked on the cats etc. one cat seemed to not be feeling well but he went to bed, So I did not worry I thought he would get better without the Vet trip. He had and the indication of dizzy to me. When I clicked on him it said to take to the vet so I did, I did not want to leave if he was sick.

Went to the vet signed him in and waited, he started to vomit all over the place, then the vet call for our turn. he got on the table, as usual, i waited to see when it was time to pay with the pop-up. no more pop-ups it was stuck at examining your pet.
the table went down and the cat proceeded to vomit all over the room I was cleaning so was the vet and one other sim. this happened over and over, this excessive vomiting all over the place. Ok, i was not being very smart at this time, so it took me a while. It said to feed so I did.

The vet said nothing, I notice he was an elder cat and I kind of new he must be dying. , I clicked on him a pop-up said to let him out so he can take care of himself. This is when it starts to get bad.

This is very hard for me to talk about, and I want to cry, well I am crying and its the next day. I do not think I will get over what I saw for a long time. the camera followed the cat as he ran and then came back and stopped in the middle of the street it was so bad I am crying now. horrible stuff was hanging from his mouth.
I tried to click to go to managed worlds fast I was not allowed because it was an Event. I was about to click the X to just shut down, then I went to main window page. I could not just sit and watched what they had planned for me to see.
They did not have to go that far
I knew I had aging off, so I wondered if the event would complete or would it be stuck in the event I did not want to find out.
I do not know how many ways they have planned for our pets to die, but this is one of them.
we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
Post edited by Stormsview on

Comments

• SmokingFoxSaysSmokingFoxSays Posts: 79 Member
    Ohh my that sounds super horrific to endure, and I sorry that you had to witness that @Stormsview .
    Sending good vibes <3<3<3
    Thanks for the heads up though, gosh, but sorry for the way you had to experience gaining that information. <3<3
    Hope you can have some better game play in the future :)
    https://smokingfoxsays.com/
    (Check out the link, for my Sim Story Blog : SIMPEAKS)
    Watch me play:
    https://twitch.tv/smokingfoxsays

To those about to Sim I Salute you :)

• KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    can someone explain this please? i'm lost as all plum.

I think the OP thought the cat was going to die in some horrible way, and just couldnt watch so they exited the game. And it made them very upset.

And OP from what I understand, is that horrible stuff hanging from the cat's mouth was "swamp mouth" (correct me on the name if I'm wrong somebody), it's an illness. It was what was probably making your cat vomit all over. It won't kill the cat. Pets can't die from illnesses.

this is what I was thinking, as well
    and as far as I know, the only way for pets to die is old age, if that eases your mind OP
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Stormsview Sweetie, you can buy stuff at the vet's to fix your cat's sickness. I forget what it's called, but it is available in that fridge-looking thing at the door. It's a treat kind of thing. There is also something to buy that will age your sim animal young again as well.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    The cat wasn't dying. As others said they can only die from age. It was some form of swamp mouth, there's a super duper swamp mouth also so it might have been that. With aging off, I don't think they'll even die at all.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

They should not show our Pets suffering like that,and he was an Elder cat. I can not say what would have happened next but to me, it was set up to be a death scene. The suffering of the Pet was too hard to watch, I can accept a loss of a Pet, but suffering for so long.

Don't tell me suffering is part of life, but I would never pay for a game that force you to watch your pet suffer that long.

I immediately went back to the game to fix things. first I went to manage households, and I (X') out the Elder cat his name was Doc.
    I then made one that was only an adult that looks just like him. and I put him on the same sweater and named him Doc. Last time I saw Doc
    he was flirting with one of the girl cats and running around the house. :)
    So I ask that EA take our Pets suffering out of Sims 4. it's cruel and uncalled for.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

I am sure I will play again, perhaps after the Holidays, but I will never forget how Doc suffered.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    They should not show our Pets suffering like that,and he was an Elder cat. I can not say what would have happened next but to me, it was set up to be a death scene. The suffering of the Pet was too hard to watch, I can accept a loss of a Pet, but suffering for so long.

Don't tell me suffering is part of life, but I would never pay for a game that force you to watch your pet suffer that long.

I immediately went back to the game to fix things. first I went to manage households, and I (X') out the Elder cat his name was Doc.
    I then made one that was only an adult that looks just like him. and I put him on the same sweater and named him Doc. Last time I saw Doc
    So I ask that EA take our Pets suffering out of Sims 4. it's cruel and uncalled for.

You just did.
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I don't care if the cat was dying or not; a lot of people don't want to see that stuff. There's no reason to freeze an event like that so you can't back out of it, especially one as emotional as a pet.

Elder cat is not a breed, it's an age he was old. Old enough to die.
    mirta000 wrote: »

So essentially it's not enough that pets LITERALLY CAN'T DIE OFF ANYTHING BUT OLD AGE, you want them to be literal lifeless dolls? No sadness, no illness, no nothing? What would be the point of a pet then?

Actually, ask yourself this, what's the point of happiness if you could not comprehend or feel sadness?

We're not talking about sadness or running a fever here. We're talking about uncontrollable vomiting and a pet that ran out into the street with stuff hanging all over its mouth. Where was that in any of the trailers for this pack?

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    edited November 2017
    I can understand why this would be upsetting if you're particularly sensitive especially about animals. the vet not performing his function is a bug I would think and something that will hopefully be patched before too long. most of the sicknesses are meant to be "humorous" (the glowing red nose always gives me a chuckle) but the vomiting is definitely a bit grosser. it's important to remember illness can't kill our pets even if it does look rather nasty or stressful for 'em. with aging off, he'll be just fine. or will be once the vet stops buggin' out. I do wonder what the event was for though. . . haven't ran into anything like that yet. he might've just been about to pass out or something. unpleasant but it's a far more tamer reality for our sims than our own. just take a break a bit if you gotta!
    Post edited by EA_DarDar on
    6riwm5.png
    We're not talking about sadness or running a fever here. We're talking about uncontrollable vomiting and a pet that ran out into the street with stuff hanging all over its mouth. Where was that in any of the trailers for this pack?

In the Vet section of the trailer. On the animated main menu even actually.

Swamp mouth looks like green drool with flies around it. It looks like how cartoons would indicate "stinky mouth". In fact all the symptoms in the game are so cartoony that I could not roleplay my cat's actual lives even if I wanted to.

I'm sorry but if you need something toned down that could be fit for a toddler to view, you might want to get a therapist.

edit:

CSU7qZS.jpg

This is the main menu. Look at the dog on the vet's table. That's how swamp-mouth looks like, except it also has flies flying around their mouth in game.
    Elder cat is not a breed, it's an age he was old. Old enough to die.

But you had aging on off, so why were you even worried?

There is no uncontrollable vomiting and running into the street in the trailer, or in the veterinarian trailer. Yeah, it shows the swamp mouth, but I don't think that's the issue here. We have a player who was tied up in an event that they didn't want to be in, didn't want to see, and wanted to share with other players. The philosophy junk of "what's the point of happiness without sadness" has nothing to do with anything here.

When he got out the door of the vet he ran fast as though he was in pain and scared ran back towards me and then stopped as though he was about to die, my heart was tearing I could not keep looking.

I am not a weak person. this was just a bit much, I created a lot of pets and I have taken many to the Vet and the game is not a week old for me.

Also, I know someone here that just lost her two cats, she is a nice person on the forums here, I do not want her to go through what I did, she is already hurting real.
    She bought Cats & Dogs to recreate her real pets she lost.

I am not asking for your pity I am just letting you know what can happen, understand that. I hate to see anyone suffer and babies and little Pets the most.

But if you think, what you say will hurt me, Stand down! because it won't. I must stand up for what I feel its right, even if it's not whats popular, as I always do.
    So give your point of view, and be heard that's what forums are for.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi! I am sorry what you seen upset you, however I'm not so sure that your cat was dying. My adult dog also threw up excessively after a vets appointment and when I asked her what was wrong it said that she was feeling scared! I think the vomiting is down to the pet being scared because she was cured although the vet never did tend to her, the vet took too long to come so instead I gave her a wellness treat (and then, sods law, that is when the vet who I'd been waiting for 4 hours for decided to treat my pet, who was by now, perfectly okay..) I believe they get the fear from the vet though I'm not sure. However there is a glitch where the scared moodlet doesn't go away, I downloaded this mod by Aom from sims 4 studio called "control your pet" and then I was able to click on my scared dog and type in the cheat sims.remove_all_buffs which removed her scared moodlet and stopped her throwing up. I hope this helps you.

In my experience, the pets won't constantly throw up when scared but rather there will be gaps where they do not throw up but are still scared and then there will be times when they are throwing up a whole lot. Sorry if this was too graphic for you!
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2017
    P.s @ everyone else: I don't think the OP is talking about swamp mouth. This thread shows a similar experience, DON'T CLICK if you don't wanna see pics of the throw up: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928998/sick-stray-dog-wont-stop-throwing-up-everywhere
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
    There is no uncontrollable vomiting and running into the street in the trailer, or in the veterinarian trailer. Yeah, it shows the swamp mouth, but I don't think that's the issue here. We have a player who was tied up in an event that they didn't want to be in, didn't want to see, and wanted to share with other players. The philosophy junk of "what's the point of happiness without sadness" has nothing to do with anything here.

Uncontrollable vomitting is a symptom of the swamp mouth sickness. Also a symptom of pregnancy. Also happens to sims when they're pregnant or have food poisoning.

Running into the street is either due to prowler trait, or because they became unhappy so they ran away. Happened when I did not treat one of my cats too.

Having a sim die is also an event you might not want to see. Having a sim kid taken away is also not an event that you may want to see. However if these things upset you in a game as cartoony as this, I would stop playing and seek therapy. You are in no way prepared to face the real world if something as simple as this game upsets you to a point that you have to close it down and cry.
    I am not a weak person.

I have never had a reaction like this to anything in a game. Especially one that's as dumped down as The Sims 4. I too have many pets, some of which had died, my cat had a fairly bad childbirth recently, we had to put kittens down that were incompatible with life. There is nothing about swamp-mouth that should set a person off as bad as you gotten set off. So that statement is fairly false and it might be better if you admit to yourself that how strongly you experience cartoony things in a video game is not normal and seek help.

Are you mocking people for their emotions, and suggesting they get therapy because they have them? Because it certainly seems that way. Just because you've never had a reaction like this to a game doesn't mean no one else ever has, or that it's indicative of mental illness. Everyone has a different tolerance threshold to different stimulus.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top