Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm looking for a penpal partner, and I've got a couple ideas. If either of these interest you, don't hesitate to say so!

Idea 1: It's a Hard Knight's Life
    5E3zmPx.jpg?1
    A slice-of-life style story where Randulf Penvellyn chronicles his adventures protecting and serving the people of Simland.

Idea 2: The Vanishing of Castle Island
    MTS_Volvenom-1433436-Screenshot-26.jpg
    (image by Volvenom at Mod the Sims)
    Before Sim Nation became a country, it was a colony of Simland. This is the story of Simland's first colony in the New World - one that was destined for failure. No one is sure why everyone disappeared, and the only survivor, Gunther Allen Goth, refused to answer any questions. The only surviving artifacts are his letters. Will anyone be able to unravel their secrets?

What caused everyone to vanish? Was it starvation? Hysteria? An alien invasion? One intrepid scholar intends to find out.
    (Obviously, this one is inspired by Roanoke Island. It's more involved and would definitely require lots of communication between partners. Oh, and the Sims 3. I think it's a really exciting idea, though.)
    ((Also, there can be more than one intrepid scholar. The scholar's side might not be in epistolary form at all.))
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @15aewar Welcome !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited November 2017
  • ChandsChands Posts: 2,763 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm looking for a penpal partner and sort of nervous about it because I'm not quite a writer, I'm really much more of a reader. But I'm trying to get out of my shell and comfort zone and be more apart of the community instead of lurking around being a bookworm.

I would really appreciate a chance to collab with someone who is willing to take a novice under their wing. :)

Thank you and as always happy simming.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Chands wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm looking for a penpal partner and sort of nervous about it because I'm not quite a writer, I'm really much more of a reader. But I'm trying to get out of my shell and comfort zone and be more apart of the community instead of lurking around being a bookworm.

I would really appreciate a chance to collab with someone who is willing to take a novice under their wing. :)

Thank you and as always happy simming.
    15aewar wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @15aewar Welcome !

Thank you! :blush: Are there any partners that you suggest?

Hiya, @Chands and @15aewar ! Since both of you have just joined our project, I suggest that you write each other! My impression is that most everyone else doesn't currently have room for other pen pals (though my impression might be inaccurate, AND people often get room for new pen pals as other projects wrap up!). You can also add more pen pals later, if you want--many of us have two (to twelve! LOL!)

If you start with each other, you'll be able to get started right away... and I think you'll be a great match! :)

Happy pen palling!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ChandsChands Posts: 2,763 Member
    @CathyTea Thank you so much for the encouragement. I really hope I can actually meet expectations :)

@15aewar If you are up to take on someone like me I would be more than willing to try :) I totally understand if you wouldn't want to either :)
    Chands wrote: »
    @CathyTea Thank you so much for the encouragement. I really hope I can actually meet expectations :)

@15aewar If you are up to take on someone like me I would be more than willing to try :) I totally understand if you wouldn't want to either :)

Of course I'd love to have you! And I'm really new to this, too! You can PM me if you have any ideas that are really cool - then maybe we can work something out. :blush:
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited November 2017
    @RipuAncestor I'm sorry that it took months. I don't have an excuse. But here you go, the first letter from the darkness to Tad.

tumblr_ozhj34FcRN1t0rl5oo1_500.png

Edges for the Edge God
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @RipuAncestor I'm sorry that it took months. I don't have an excuse. But here you go, the first letter from the darkness to Tad.

tumblr_ozhj34FcRN1t0rl5oo1_500.png

Edges for the Edge God

@MedleyMisty Yay!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @MedleyMisty Also don't worry about the long wait; I think my reply is gonna take some time too. Right now all my writing time is taken by NaNoWriMo and partly by the Alien Adoption -collab, and I still haven't finished one of Emily's letters that I started writing weeks ago and thought "yeah, I'm gonna get this done quickly". So I'm gonna apologise in advance that the reply might take a bit of time too.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    @MedleyMisty Also don't worry about the long wait; I think my reply is gonna take some time too. Right now all my writing time is taken by NaNoWriMo and partly by the Alien Adoption -collab, and I still haven't finished one of Emily's letters that I started writing weeks ago and thought "yeah, I'm gonna get this done quickly". So I'm gonna apologise in advance that the reply might take a bit of time too.

That's fine! I have three other letters to write that will take a while, and obviously I can't judge anyone, lol. :) It's all good.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

and you have to keep kids from eating paste.

rip either is or is studying to be a kindergarten teacher.

Is. I graduated last spring. :)
    My Sims stories:

well last time we talked about it you were still in school. but i rembered :)

Yup. You did.
    My Sims stories:

Yup. You did.

yeah i remered. now i'm off to start the benders . yes i mean again. my custom trait isn't fixable.

Yup. You did.

yeah i remered. now i'm off to start the benders . yes i mean again. my custom trait isn't fixable.

Aww, too bad the trait doesn't work. But good luck with the restart!
    My Sims stories:

Yup. You did.

Aww, too bad the trait doesn't work. But good luck with the restart!

thanks. i built a big part of generation 2 around the trait. which is why i need to start over. this last start was because my entire save and gallery glitched . i only lost one trait this time.
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hi y'all *waving madly* I only have a moment about to go see Murder on the Orient Express, but I wanted to drop this off before dashing out the door.

@Charliimai Got another one for you.

22. Dear Dusk

In response to Dusk’s 5th letter & 6th letter

Dear Dusk,

I’m so sorry I haven’t written before now, even though I have a sneaking suspicion that you’re not actually receiving any of my letters. I don’t know why Grimm would tell you he hasn’t seen me. Every letter I’ve gotten so far he has handed to me or Navya directly. And the letters I’ve written to you have been collected, I can only assume by him. I don’t know what’s going on, but I have to hold on to the hope that these are making their way to you and offering you comfort of some kind.

Dace finally replies to Dusk's letters... 22. Dear Dusk

OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Yay!! @AllieMac so glad ur back. I have been following the Ramblers. Dace, His hilariously non-maternal wife and the 5 nooboo's.
    Cannot wait to read his letter. <3
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    @Xantheanmar , if you get to answering my latest before the end of November and I don't reply, it's because I've been doing Nano. But I'm still interested in continuing Anya and Kia's conversations!
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • GigglecakeGigglecake Posts: 114 Member
    So, I was thinking about starting a new legacy (mostly vanilla with the exception that there will also be a pet following along with the legacy i.e having puppies for generations and generations). And I thought maybe doing the pen pal thing could add a cool dynamic. Should I go ahead and write up a profile for my Sim and see if anyone is interested in doing a pen pal legacy thing with me? :)
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    @Xantheanmar , if you get to answering my latest before the end of November and I don't reply, it's because I've been doing Nano. But I'm still interested in continuing Anya and Kia's conversations!

Sorry it’s been taking so long! I’ve been writing, I swear.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Gigglecake wrote: »
    So, I was thinking about starting a new legacy (mostly vanilla with the exception that there will also be a pet following along with the legacy i.e having puppies for generations and generations). And I thought maybe doing the pen pal thing could add a cool dynamic. Should I go ahead and write up a profile for my Sim and see if anyone is interested in doing a pen pal legacy thing with me? :)

I'm currently writing with Simslover in my own legacy and it's been a lot of fun. I'm not up for taking on another pen pal during this generation, but if you are thinking of having a pen pal every generation I would definitely be interested in the future!!

I'm sure there would be others with legacies that would jump in on this.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

Sorry it’s been taking so long! I’ve been writing, I swear.

No worries, I did that for, you know, two months after Photobucket stole all my photos. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]