Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you still buy or play the original Sims 1 thru Origin?

I would love to be able to play the original Sims game but I don't know if they'll even play under Windows 10 or not? I don't have the disks anymore either so EA should make it available thru Origin. There is a company putting out a 3D version of the original Sims but you have to have the Complete Collection already (and again I don't know if that will run under Windows 10 either).

Comments

• jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    i still play the sims on cd on windows xp
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    you can play it only if you have the cd you can't get any digital copy sadly its not fair to behonest to those who want to play the original game. i would love to own a copy of it
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    > @jjames041 said:
    > i still play the sims on cd on windows xp

+1
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    You can run TS1 in Win10.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited November 2017
    You can run TS1 in Win10.

Yeah, all you need is a no CD patch and run the game in compatibility mode. Anyways, I wish The Sims I was available on Origin or any digital distribution service.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    > @canitbeman said:
    > ChristianSimFan wrote: »
    >
    > You can run TS1 in Win10.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, all you need is a no CD patch and run the game in compatibility mode. Anyways, I wish The Sims I was available on Origin or any digital distribution service.

where would I find a no CD patch? i still have the disk just sitting there being useless.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
    edited November 2017
    theFella wrote: »
    > @canitbeman said:
    > ChristianSimFan wrote: »
    >
    > You can run TS1 in Win10.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, all you need is a no CD patch and run the game in compatibility mode. Anyways, I wish The Sims I was available on Origin or any digital distribution service.

where would I find a no CD patch? i still have the disk just sitting there being useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1DEchthl2M
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    > @canitbeman said:
    > theFella wrote: »
    >
    > > @canitbeman said:
    > > ChristianSimFan wrote: »
    > >
    > > You can run TS1 in Win10.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Yeah, all you need is a no CD patch and run the game in compatibility mode. Anyways, I wish The Sims I was available on Origin or any digital distribution service.
    >
    > where would I find a no CD patch? i still have the disk just sitting there being useless.

Is there one for the base game + House Party, Bustin' Out and Hot Date? Because I do not have all of the expansions.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
    theFella wrote: »
    > @canitbeman said:
    > theFella wrote: »
    >
    > > @canitbeman said:
    > > ChristianSimFan wrote: »
    > >
    > > You can run TS1 in Win10.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Yeah, all you need is a no CD patch and run the game in compatibility mode. Anyways, I wish The Sims I was available on Origin or any digital distribution service.
    >
    > where would I find a no CD patch? i still have the disk just sitting there being useless.

Is there one for the base game + House Party, Bustin' Out and Hot Date? Because I do not have all of the expansions.

Maybe? I'm not aware of any though.