Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch today

They fixed error 102 and household count.

Comments

• KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    Great news
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Kudos to them for fixing the game-breaking bugs as fast as they can. I think all that's left is the problem with vampire powers, although I don't have the pack so I don't know much about it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    What was error 102?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I got excited when I saw a patch was coming because I thought it would fix vampires, but sadly not.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Kudos to them for fixing the game-breaking bugs as fast as they can. I think all that's left is the problem with vampire powers, although I don't have the pack so I don't know much about it.

I haven't really played my vamps much since the patch for unrelated reasons but for me, it's honestly not that big of an issue. Only a few vampire powers are actually affected - the ones that matter to me the most, like sun resistance, are still in tact. Granted, it's annoying. But for me it's not nearly "game-breaking for vamps," as some stated on the forums. :)

That said, the patch did add a whole new range of bugs to my game, unfortunately. :expressionless: The problem with the vampire powers is not "all that's left" for me, honestly. But I don't expect these issues to be fixed in emergency patches.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I haven't really played my vamps much since the patch for unrelated reasons but for me, it's honestly not that big of an issue. Only a few vampire powers are actually affected - the ones that matter to me the most, like sun resistance, are still in tact. Granted, it's annoying. But for me it's not nearly "game-breaking for vamps," as some stated on the forums. :)

That said, the patch did add a whole new range of bugs to my game, unfortunately. :expressionless: The problem with the vampire powers is not "all that's left" for me, honestly. But I don't expect these issues to be fixed in emergency patches.

Oh well. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    What was error 102?

An error that can make your save game unplayable
  • mysle86mysle86 Posts: 20 Member
    I was so happy to see my game updating today, thinking they fixed the event bug, but no :(
    I haven't had those bugs, so didn't even realize they where There, but I think it's great they got fixed so fast. The event bug is not that urgent, so I just hope they'll fix it in the next patch.
    So the vampire bug is not the only one left.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I think they will fix the vampire bug soon because this pack is scheduled for console. They already gave everything to fix CL before the release of the console version (but unfortunately broke the yard sale).
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I got excited when I saw a patch was coming because I thought it would fix vampires, but sadly not.

Was just about to mention this. Once they fix vampires I'll be happy, though I am impressed by how efficiently this patch happened.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    mysle86 wrote: »
    I was so happy to see my game updating today, thinking they fixed the event bug, but no :(
    I haven't had those bugs, so didn't even realize they where There, but I think it's great they got fixed so fast. The event bug is not that urgent, so I just hope they'll fix it in the next patch.
    So the vampire bug is not the only one left.

I was hoping the same, but I would also like for there to be a life event game pack...like for graduations, baby showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties...FAMILY Reunions...although I kinda manage this through the use of clubs...work gatherings that only invite employees of a specific job(I do this with clubs). Teen dances/prom...you know all the hallmarks...maybe a holiday party event, although i think we have that one lol
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

Was just about to mention this. Once they fix vampires I'll be happy, though I am impressed by how efficiently this patch happened.

Oh great what's broken this time? :s
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

Oh great what's broken this time? :s

Well, “The sims has stopped working” after a while of playing and decorating and not saving.. so....

I am repairing now and will try again tomorrow.

• PrescaPresca Posts: 35 Member
    Now if they could patch the custom content problems and sims not eating
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    I was hoping they would have fixed the smart trait with pets. Le sad.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If EA had to put in a new free item for every bug they had to fix... there would be a lot less bugs on each release.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Presca wrote: »
    Now if they could patch the custom content problems and sims not eating

EA doesn't patch or fix custom content. Sims 4 studio has a batch fix for cc. And I'm pretty sure Sims not eating is a broken/outdated mod, which again, is the users responsibility to update or remove.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Better than nothing. I still think pets need more patches
    21mbz47.jpg
  • mysle86mysle86 Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="brinadanielle;c-16165417"]
    I was hoping the same, but I would also like for there to be a life event game pack...like for graduations, baby showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties...FAMILY Reunions...although I kinda manage this through the use of clubs...work gatherings that only invite employees of a specific job(I do this with clubs). Teen dances/prom...you know all the hallmarks...maybe a holiday party event, although i think we have that one lol[/quote]

Well I have a few cc events. Like funeral, bachelor party, movie night, slumber party and karaoke night (used to have baby shower too, but I think it's still broken). And I know you can get prom too. So that's not what I need the most, even though i think it's a great idea :)
    For now I would just like the ones we have to work. I have a party animal in my legacy who needs some gold medals :smiley:
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Still didn't fix the yard sale bug that started after the Nov. 6 patch. Will this be fixed? I heard others complaining about this as well.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Glad they fixed this save-breaking bug so fast.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I think they will fix the vampire bug soon because this pack is scheduled for console. They already gave everything to fix CL before the release of the console version (but unfortunately broke the yard sale).

I noticed that I was so upset about the yard sale breaking.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Does that mean we can delete sims now or what?
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

I noticed that I was so upset about the yard sale breaking.

Is the Yard Sale Bug having to do with the It's Not A Tarp not having a menu? I wanted to try this, I never had, so I thought it was JUST a tarp, lol. What functionality did it have before, if it's bugged? Could you put the larger furniture items crafted on the woodworking table in its inventory, and then travel with them to festivals? I came to the conclusion this never had been a function, but maybe you could've sold them on your lot, and am just curious.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Does that mean we can delete sims now or what?

Supposed to be able to. I'd make a backup of your saves before testing it out though.