Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood Editor

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Would you like a neighborhood editor tool inside game options to allow you to remove trees, shrubs, other objects (playground equimpment etc.) in the common spaces? And also allow you to place objects in common spaces without having to place things on Sims' head with cheats to move those things to common/open spaces. I would like to change trees, shrubs, and add things like a chess table, or other useful objects out in open spaces. How do you vote? I know many of us want CAW, but if it never happens what about a neighborhood editor like we had in TS3?

ETA: This poll will not show how you voted personally, you may comment on how you voted.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Neighborhood Editor 49 votes

Yes, I want one now.
97% 48 votes
No, who cares, I don't want to customize the open spaces in TS4.
2% 1 vote
I don't know, I didn't play the older games.
0% 0 votes
No, I want CAW or nothing.
0% 0 votes

Comments

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I mean, of course I want to edit the neighbourhoods, but I doubt we'll be able to
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    If we keep asking for this, the developers will add it, which would be great!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    I've wanted a simple neighbourhood editor like you describe since Day 1. But I suspect that the reason we don't have this is because they'd break our saves or remove all our work if they update anything in those spaces.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2017
    Man, if people were able to create their own neighborhoods for TS4, we'd never run out of space to build on, which is a thing I know several builders have been requesting. I've seen some fanmade concepts for neighborhoods which looked amazing, too!

I could see it happening if they just gave us the tools for it. Allowing us to create an image file for the blank map screen, place the lots yourself, backdrops for every subhood we included into it, custom parallax icon, things like that.

Sure, with the way the worlds in Sims 4 is set up, it does seem to require a lot more artistic skill overall to make it match the game (unless they provided us with assets to use, as well as the ability to make our own), but in the hands of great creators, it would be amazing to see what the community would come up with!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm the only who likes to make worlds from Super Mario.
  • isthisdavidisthisdavid Posts: 22 Member
    I'd love this too. I've seen some great fan made Sims 4 maps around and while I probably wouldn't do a lot of custom map making myself, I would like to play some of the things I've seen others come up with.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    yes.
    wasn't that cheat ""patched"" in the newest patch?
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    It's so annoying that we can't even place a bench or picnic table in the common space outside the lots.
    I want to edit my neighborhoods NOW!
    a256aFi.gif