Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    @Sandraelle perfect
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    Hi @Sandraelle. Thanks for claiming my request

1. Were you wanting your rustic house to be like a log home? Or something else like just a wood exterior?
    Well actually, since its you who claimed this lot (I didn't want to request you in case you were busy) I was sort of hoping to decorate this in the same sort of style as Pine Valley Ridge. This is going in that same world that I edited actually so something along that sort of line would be great.

2. Just wanted to clarify what you meant by "yes to decorate, but not to furnishing it". So what all do you want me to decorate? Are you wanting to furnish the house with all the furniture and wall decor and you just want me to do the wall coverings/floors, bathrooms/kitchen, fireplaces, etc?
    I want to use some CC that I've downloaded in this lot so what I want really is just for the wall & floor coverings to be put down as well as the exterior sort of things like doors and windows, any fireplaces etc so that its easy to work out what room is for which use, but I'd quite like to actually furnish the lot myself in terms of seating, tables etc.

3. Are the lots you're thinking of using in your custom world flat? Would it be possible for you to post pictures of the two lots?
    Its for the same world that I have Pine Valley Ridge in, its an edit of the Olympus world. The Pine Valley house overlooks the big river (That's why you put in the big windows at one side) but the lot for this B&B is tucked away a bit from that area. I think I said in my request on the DNA thread that I have two lots this can be placed on, one is 64x64 and the other is 50x50. So it depends on how much space you think you will need, but both lots are free and empty to use in the world. I got photos of them both
    This is the 50x50 lot https://imgur.com/a/e4BWU
    And right across the road is the 64x64 lot https://imgur.com/a/0xy0f

4. You mentioned one thing you were envisioning is to put the B&B guest bedrooms in a converted barn, so I may go that route, as I like that idea too, lol.
    To be honest, I have like 100 ideas for this lot and I cannot make any of them actually work when I try building it myself lol. I'd like for the house to have the main area where the family will live but then somewhere I'd like some rooms adding for guests to stay over. I don't want it to be a resort though, this is going to be more for a RP I'm doing with my sims and a friend too. I did like the idea of having the guest rooms in an old converted barn out the back on the same lot, then I decided the the main house would have a cool little attic where the rooms would be...so it is honestly up to you how you actually decide to make it

5. Do you want anything else in the barn besides their bedrooms with ensuite baths? Maybe a small sitting area?
    I guess a seating area with a big fireplace would be nice. I definitely trust your creativity, you've made some truely awesome homes for me in the past so feel free to create and make what you think will look good :)
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Storietime, thanks so much for your prompt answers!!

Great, I'm good with you doing all the furnishing, just need to know if I'm putting in the kitchen (cabinets, appliances, etc), and the bathrooms, or should I just leave the space for it?

And thank you for sending links of the two different lots, not sure which size I'll go with yet, as you said it will depend on how big the house is, lol.

Still trying to figure out which idea will work better for those guest bedrooms, lol. Originally I was thinking of putting the master on the main floor and the family bedrooms on the 2nd floor, and then the guest rooms in the barn. But if you like the attic idea better, I'd probably have to make it a 3rd floor, as I was assuming that you'd not want all 4 family bedrooms on the main floor. So I'll keep thinking how I can make that work. Let me know in the meantime if you come up with any other ideas you'd like to incorporate. :smiley:

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask you if you wanted a garage?
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    If you can just leave the space for each room that would be great. I have some spare time coming up in the next few weeks so furnishing and decorating this will be my little project during that time :)

Honestly...good luck lol. I've spent so long trying to make this work and never managed it. I would like the master bedroom on the main floor since the parents who live here are getting on age-wise and I do like the barn idea but it just never turned out right for me. Maybe you will have better progress with it than I did though.

Hmm...I guess a garage would be a good idea, for maybe 2 or 3 cars would be helpful. I never thought of that.
    edited November 2017
    Storietime wrote: »
    If you can just leave the space for each room that would be great. I have some spare time coming up in the next few weeks so furnishing and decorating this will be my little project during that time :)

Honestly...good luck lol. I've spent so long trying to make this work and never managed it. I would like the master bedroom on the main floor since the parents who live here are getting on age-wise and I do like the barn idea but it just never turned out right for me. Maybe you will have better progress with it than I did though.

Hmm...I guess a garage would be a good idea, for maybe 2 or 3 cars would be helpful. I never thought of that.

Thanks @Storietime , I can't wait to get time to start working on this for you. I'll give the barn some more thought though. :)

Besides a garden and fire pit, do you need a pool and/or hot tub in the yard?

You're welcome to put things in the yard, make a garden or do whatever you think is a good way to use up any blank area but I would probably say no to the pool since there's a community pool. Maybe a forest area with a trial and picnic benches would be nice. A hot tub could be nice for the guests to use too
    You're welcome to put things in the yard, make a garden or do whatever you think is a good way to use up any blank area but I would probably say no to the pool since there's a community pool. Maybe a forest area with a trial and picnic benches would be nice. A hot tub could be nice for the guests to use too

Ok, sounds good!
    edited November 2017
    @Storietime , I have some sneak peaks for you here, mainly to get your opinion of the color of the logs. The last house I did for you was quite dark, so I didn't want to use the same colors (unless you're more happy with the darker logs?). Or do you want it a completely different color? LOL

P.S. I think I will be putting the guest bedrooms in a barn (and hopefully I can get that to work, lol....didn't have any luck with trying to fit them in the house, as I couldn't get the attic to look right.) Oh, something else, would you want the barn to look like the log house, or a different wood texture and color? Thanks!
    I really like the colour of the logs inside and outside.
    I think its nice that its the same sort of design and pattern as Pine Valley but not 100% the same, if that makes sense. I like that it will look right in this world though and definitely look nice and cosy and rustic too.

I'm excited to see how you manage to make the barn into the guest house :)
    I would probably say similar to the house but with a few small differences, maybe a different colour but the same wood texture.
    edited November 2017
    I really like the colour of the logs inside and outside.
    I think its nice that its the same sort of design and pattern as Pine Valley but not 100% the same, if that makes sense. I like that it will look right in this world though and definitely look nice and cosy and rustic too.

I'm excited to see how you manage to make the barn into the guest house :)
    I would probably say similar to the house but with a few small differences, maybe a different colour but the same wood texture.

I'm glad you like the looks of the logs. I hope the configuration of the inside of the barn doesn't look too funky, so maybe I'll give you sneak peeks when I'm done and if you don't like it, I'll do something different. I managed to fit in 5 bedrooms.

Ok, I switched up the barn a bit by making it a bit darker than the house and went with the half stone/half log for the lower level. A picture is here.

I also had a thought that maybe since it was a converted barn that someone might paint the logs, lol. If you're happy with how it looks now, forget what I said, but if you like the idea of painted logs, what color would you like. I always seem to resort to red, lol. And now that I'm looking at it, do you think the barn door should have a color or leave it rustic and as is?

Another thing to think about: Some log houses are all logs throughout, and some use drywall for parts of the house, so since you were asking for certain colors/themes for the family bedrooms, would you like the interior walls to be something different than logs? For instance, you said one son likes dark blue. Or were you thinking of maybe adding the colors to bedding/rugs/decor, etc?

@Storietime
    @Storietime, thought of another question: do you want me to add lights to every room or do you want to pick them out? For now I just have the lights from buydebug.
    I will pick them out myself :) I usually use quite a few of the buydebug lights in the rooms too so that is no problem that you have them in place already
    I will pick them out myself :) I usually use quite a few of the buydebug lights in the rooms too so that is no problem that you have them in place already

@Storietime, ok sounds good. I'm wondering if you may have missed seeing my previous post above? I had a few other questions and a sneak peek. Thanks.
    Oh sorry I had missed some questions. Sorry!

I really like the look of the barn, and I'm impressed you managed to get 5 rooms in there. I think the door would look good painted maybe a bit darker...it just doesn't seem to "fit in" as well as what the windows to, if that makes sense.

I was planning to add colours in the furnishings like rugs and pillows etc, but I'm definitely not opposed to having colour on the walls. I think the walls where fireplaces are would look as the logs but feel free to use something completely different for other walls
    edited November 2017
    Oh sorry I had missed some questions. Sorry!

I really like the look of the barn, and I'm impressed you managed to get 5 rooms in there. I think the door would look good painted maybe a bit darker...it just doesn't seem to "fit in" as well as what the windows to, if that makes sense.

I was planning to add colours in the furnishings like rugs and pillows etc, but I'm definitely not opposed to having colour on the walls. I think the walls where fireplaces are would look as the logs but feel free to use something completely different for other walls

@Storietime, My bad, I guess I can't count. There's only 4 bedrooms in the barn, lol (3 downstairs and 1 upstairs), but there's also a sitting area on both levels. Since I thought I had made 5 bedrooms, I was trying to reconfigure the floor plan to fit another room, but with the sitting area and fireplace, upstairs landing and the bathrooms, I couldn't get it to work.

I started to add some color to the bedrooms, and it doesn't seem to look right. I might put one accent wall with a color and see how that looks.

EDIT: Well, I couldn't stand it....I had to tear down walls and try to fit in those 5 guest bedrooms, lol. And I did it! I made the downstairs sitting area a little bit smaller, and the upstairs loft area is a lot smaller. There are 3 bedrooms on 1st floor, one has a private bath, the other two share a conecting bath. Same goes for the two bedrooms upstairs -- they share a bath. Is that ok with you that they don't each have a private bathroom?
    edited November 2017
    Haha! I'm happy you managed to get 5 rooms in, that is definitely plenty of room. And I definitely don't mind smaller seating areas. And its fine that some of the rooms share a bathroom. I'm sure the sims staying there can learn to share.

I love the look of the house! And the use of green too, from the roof to the barn door - it looks great!
    Haha! I'm happy you managed to get 5 rooms in, that is definitely plenty of room. And I definitely don't mind smaller seating areas. And its fine that some of the rooms share a bathroom. I'm sure the sims staying there can learn to share.

I love the look of the house! And the use of green too, from the roof to the barn door - it looks great!

Ok, good. I first had the grayish metal corrugated roof and when I switched it to the dark green one, it looked much better to me. :)
    @Storietime, I have Aspen Meadows ready for you over at our DNA thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16183470/#Comment_16183470

I hope you like it, and enjoy your B&B with all those guest bedrooms! LOL
    @princess0384 , Hi there. I just wanted to let you know that I sent you a private message in regards to your DNA request. :smile:
  • princess0384princess0384 Posts: 417 Member
    Hi @sandraelle I have a couple ideas for the interior of the house. I'll send pictures when I have time
    IcsaBkL.png
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Hi @princess0384, we'd appreciate any inspiration pics you have, like yesterday! :) Unless you aren't needing it before Christmas??? Or the New Year?
    edited December 2017
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Hi @princess0384, we'd appreciate any inspiration pics you have, like yesterday! :) Unless you aren't needing it before Christmas??? Or the New Year?

Thanks @romagi1!

@princess0384, the sooner the better, otherwise I will be at a standstill. :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Chiming in as well @princess0384 that if you have inspiration pics in mind re the outdoors/landscaping to let us know too. Otherwise, no worries... we'll add what you stated in your request :smile:
    @princess0384 , you mentioned that you don't like green and brown, but am wondering if a little bit of pastel green is ok to use?