Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    edited November 2017
    Some issues I'm having:

- Pets returning from the vets unhappy and despite days passing and being well looked after still being in the red.
    - Being unable to interact with other customers at the vets. You cannot click on them, there are no options to select.
    - Pets being lifted stick to the sim's arm and glitch until you exit and re-enter the lot.
    - Townie family still don't spawn with toddlers or pets
    - The same townies seem to fulfill every role - landlord, vet, bar staff. Their job is constantly changing.
    - Dine out is no longer working properly. Despite my sim having enough money, they are unable to order as they don't have enough funds. Wait staff don't arrive for hours after the sim arriving at the restaurant.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Issues I'm having with sims 4 (with or without CC)

1) All CC traits are not showing up in CAS.

2) When "simstagramming" a pet, the camera angle is take from the floor perspective of the sim which DOES NOT make for a good photo.

3) If a sim does not have a career but owns a business then their description should not say UNEMPLOYED or stay at home mom or dad.

CC traits were broken by the patch. I have seen little progress on that (but modders are trying). See http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1.

The business ownership not showing isn't a bug - it's the way the game has been with business ownership. It's true for retail (Get to Work EP) and restaurants (Dine Out GP) too. I think @Neia has career mods that fix that. Check her stuff at Mod the Sims. They're updated for the patch. She doesn't have a Vet one yet, though, just Business and Restaurant.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I'm having issues with sims dropping food and other actions.

That's often CC-related. If you have CC furniture, run a batch-fix with the newest Sims 4 Studio.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    @luthienrising Is it a bug that we can't feed the strays from a filled pet dish on a community lot? If we make a park with litter boxes and pet bowls, we can't direct the strays to use them.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    @luthienrising Is it a bug that we can't feed the strays from a filled pet dish on a community lot? If we make a park with litter boxes and pet bowls, we can't direct the strays to use them.

I would guess that strays not eating on their own the filled pet bowls would have to be a bug seeing they had no issues eating in pet parks in previous games. In sims 2 I even leave filled pet bowls in my sims front yards for strays and wildlife and they always eat the food. I do see we shouldn't be able to direct strays to eat of course but they should be able to do it on their own.

In Sims 3 I used to place some of the special bowls that never ran out of food for strays. They always ate as did wild life - so yes - I would say it may be a bug.

I don't see it in my game as I am not in the new world and so far do not get strays in Windenburg.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

That doesn't sound like a bug to me. It sounds like it's design: they're not your Sims, and the game isn't letting you direct them as if they're yours. Having grown up around strays (most of which ended up adopted by my Mom - she had a thing for strays!), it really is a different relationship.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I would guess that strays not eating on their own the filled pet bowls would have to be a bug seeing they had no issues eating in pet parks in previous games. In sims 2 I even leave filled pet bowls in my sims front yards for strays and wildlife and they always eat the food. I do see we shouldn't be able to direct strays to eat of course but they should be able to do it on their own.

In Sims 3 I used to place some of the special bowls that never ran out of food for strays. They always ate as did wild life - so yes - I would say it may be a bug.

I don't see it in my game as I am not in the new world and so far do not get strays in Windenburg.

Thank you for saying they should eat on their own. It is very sad to see the strays affected by not being able to eat or use a litter box. It seems they can't go to the bathroom without a litter box.

If you ask me, that much more triggering than a burglar could ever be.

That doesn't sound like a bug to me. It sounds like it's design: they're not your Sims, and the game isn't letting you direct them as if they're yours. Having grown up around strays (most of which ended up adopted by my Mom - she had a thing for strays!), it really is a different relationship.

I hope they change it then. The stray cats need a filled pet dish to not be starving and they can't go to the bathroom with out a litter box. I know in real life strays use the ground but they programed cats to need a litter box to go to the bathroom.

I hope they change it then. The stray cats need a filled pet dish to not be starving and they can't go to the bathroom with out a litter box. I know in real life strays use the ground but they programed cats to need a litter box to go to the bathroom.

That part (that they don't eat at all and don't pee on the ground) sounds more like an oversight than a bug. But might be worth reporting it over at http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs in case it is a bug.
  • Shlomi546Shlomi546 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm experiencing a bug with the new C&D EP in which pets almost don't interact with each other.
    So I went along and did some more experiments. I've learned that pets interactions can only happen within family. For example two pets that are in the same family can autonomously interact with each other (though in my opinion I still think it takes a long time until they do), But when I invited a pet from the neighbors, and put it with my dog in a plain room (doors locked), nothing happend. I recorded it as well. They were just ignoring one another for HOURS!. Moreover I've learned that the "Be nice to..." command won't work on a pet that belongs to another family or a stray pet, since they can not interact as I mentioned at the top (from being in different families and not from the same one). The *ONLY* interaction that happend is when I told my pet to mate with another pet, only then I saw an animation and an interaction.
    Does it happend to you as well? I hope it will be fixed very soon, I paid good money for this
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Okay, got my hands on the game and can make my own buglist now.

so far what broke for me:
    - pathfinding, cat at the door, sims yell that they can't go to the fridge, I make them manually walk around the cat and they're fine
    - ability to adopt strays, but I can interact with them
    - once my kitten got stuck on a kitty scratcher, so I had to leave the lot, whistle them to me and go back to the lot
    - kitty toilets, sometimes my cats don't know that they exist and I need to whistle them over to them
    - I don't know how but one of my cats is waking all of my sims up without even being able to enter their bedrooms

That part (that they don't eat at all and don't pee on the ground) sounds more like an oversight than a bug. But might be worth reporting it over at http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs in case it is a bug.

Okay, I posted it. Thank you. The posted link is here.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/stray-cats-unable-to-eat-and-use-the-bathroom/m-p/6421428#M51105
  • panthergirl2panthergirl2 Posts: 60 Member
    I can't read through all the questions. I'm having a problem adopting. The man comes but he doesn't bring a pet. I tried 3 times in on e household and once in another the same thing happened in both. I have a few mods. Does the sim have to be an animal lover to adopt? Thanks for your help.
    also, because I have no permission to edit my own thread, due to the jailed thing, I'll try to post all issues so far on page 11 (remember me, page 11!) and will leave them here until I can copy paste them into the first post. Issues for the first 6 pages:
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    My only bug so far is that my dog's coat seems to be missing some shaders.
    He's very bright, almost glowing. I've only had one pet so far, I hope they won't all be like this.
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I don't know if this issue was already mentioned, but somehow all interactions are lagging, I call my pets they don' react, I try to pet a cat that does something else, like strays jumping on objects etc and it takes minutes for my Sim to have the interaction queued but never executed. Does anybody have this problem as well? I have all mods that i used updated right now. However I DO have CC like clothes, eyes, skins etc. Could these make trouble? If so why? it's just clothes etc right? Hair etc.
    murmar15 wrote: »
    I'm having a problem in Create a Pet where when I go to make a dog, it glitches out and makes this like grass background and I am not able to click anything. I took my mods out to see if that would fix it, but it is still happening. Any thoughts?

cherpar wrote: »
    Also the teens homework is disappearing after travelling. The bowl is so annoying, been through so many already.

Kinda major issues on my end is mostly I wanna check the pets family tree and relationships ( I got the plum family tree app in one tab to keep track of my current household's cat generation ) and I wanna check out their age and traits in live mode than back and forth in CAS
    -Dogs in the gyms and restaurants. We don’t need them there. We should have had a “no animals allowed lot trait” or a special door, or something to prevent animals from coming inside of some community lots.
    -Dogs make a long pause before picking up the ball when playing fetch.
    -The ball very obviously jumps into the dogs mouth
    -When you choose “kiss” on a big dog ( haven’t played with small dogs yet) a hugging/playing animation plays instead.
    Bambooram wrote: »
    I'm having issues with no pet vs pet interaction... they just completely ignore each other.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I bought my sim a new aquarium and stocked it with fish but, now they're invisible. They must still be there because I can't buy new ones.
    The only issue I've experienced is that my Sim's household couldn't adopt the pet. The service person came over immediately. I fell in love with this dog, and I when I clicked 'Adopt ($200)' interaction on the dog, it went through the process of Adoption (i.e named pet, Sim got a moodlet for adopting, etc.) but the dog wasn't added into my household. The dog eventually left after the evaluation was over. That was a bit upsetting. I ended up going into CAS and created a dog & added it to my family, which was so much easier.
    Chomper88 wrote: »
    My only bug so far is that after my sim eats, I cannot clean up her plate. When I try to click on it, it states that I need a trashcan or sink in order to clean the dishes. So I have been having to drag the dishes into the trashcan myself.

I have 3 sinks in the house and 4 trashcans in the house, by the way.
    Phoenixx wrote: »
    My cat is complaining that she wants a "nice, clean litter box," but her litter box is clean. I've tried buying all the other litter boxes too, but she still insists she wants a "nice, clean litter box." This is day 10 of having this cat and I haven't run into this issue before.
    Anybody else having an issue where their sims will take forever to eat as they are constantly getting up to pet their pets, give attention to them, etc?
    nikki324 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else has already said this but my sim dog had puppies and I sold them using the computer. When the adoption agent came to take them he got stuck on my lot even after the puppy was taken away. Now it won't let me save the file or go to any other lots because it says I cannot do that while a member of my household is leaving. I've tried the reset sims cheat but no luck. Any suggestions?
    The Modifyrelationship for Friendship cheat don't work but the romance one does...
    I just had this issue. I had my sim in bed. Vlad came over, I had my sim get up and invite him in then I sent her back to bed. Vlad was frozen and the kitten behind him was frozen. I get my sim up again and click friendly introduction on Vlad and then friendly conversation. A mouse finally comes out from the mouse hole in the kitchen and I tried to cancel the conversation with Vlad, who is moving like he's talking but there's no sound. I could move the computer mouse but everybody was frozen. See picture.
    http://i65.tinypic.com/vwpf1e.jpg
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    be weary of accepting to go to the opera at 8 o'clock. I think the last patch might've broken that part. After my game froze for 1 minute, I could not get my sim to do anything. She unglitched when the sim who invited her said she had to leave.
    cannot walk my dog. Every time I chose that my sim walks up to the dog and then they both just glitch and stop. And I also can't play with my pets on the couch. :(

I also can't bathe my dogs!!!
    The only bug I've encountered is after having my pet neutered and they've had the cone on they get the "scared of/uncomfortable" moodlet, after asking what was wrong I find that I can't comfort the pet. This has been 24 in-game hrs after removing the cone and no comfort option has come up for either of my adult sims.
    coles wrote: »
    My sim's dog has been "uncomfortable" ever since going to the vet for a checkup - and there doesn't seem to be anything my sim can do about it. It has been over 24 sim hours and the dog is still whining.
    Robey wrote: »
    My CAS seems to have an issue where the rotating arrows, one is under the items box. I don't have CC or mods at all.
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Guys do you know if it is normal that a kitten who has the lazy trait does literally not move from the spot? He sits there all day on one spot or very little to go to the litter box but that's about it. He was so cute, but it seems I have to pick him up and bring him everywhere LOL
    ashynv wrote: »
    I have a vet clinic. My sim is a level 10 Vet. She cannot Bill Owner after giving treatment. She used to be able too ( and maybe can 1/10), but now she really can't and I don't get any money unless they are billed. I logged out and I am running base game. Her husband though helps out sometimes and he can bill the owner. I don't even have the option on the human anymore for her though, just on the pet which says bill owner but it doesn't work.
    Majestyk wrote: »
    I've primarily been playing at the vet's office running it. So far I've noticed animals and my sim resetting after the first initial time hopping onto the exam table. Once I click examine the second time they seem to be fine, but they know longer have visible symptoms.

Another thing is my waiting room looks like a disaster half the time. Almost as soon as EVERY SINGLE pet walks in the door they use the bathroom or vomit. I know it should be happening but I don't think it should be so often where even when my vacuum is running there is 2-3 messes on the floor every time I come out to get a new patient.

I don't know if it is a glitch or they simply didn't think to add it but you can't take over the exam from your employee. Say the owner is at a 1-2 star and you wanna take it over to improve it you can't. You have to call their attention away and then click on the pet to start the exam over but you can check their chart and figure out what the employee found out.

Another thing is there is no way to know in what order patients came in. The employees seem to know but I haven't found a way to figure out the order without watching the door.
    NiLLA wrote: »
    The only glitch im having is when my sim picks up her puppy, automatically theres a command to put it down. Its annoying
    Sometimes my sim suddenly stops examining the pet for some reason at the vet career ( note: their needs are all green and the pet patient is calm )
    When doing a routine check up on a pet to see if it is in good health when the pet isn't healthy it acts like it is and only allows the preventative shot to be given when it needs to be treated. After you give it the shot it give a notification stating it was healthy even though it had a diagnosis instead of stating healthy.
    Skosalg wrote: »
    I opened a restaurant in the abandoned warehouse in BB. First time I opened, everyone showed up. After that, I can only get two employees to come at the time. Argh! It is such a nice little fish restaurant.
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned yet but the pet toy boxes mysteriously turn
    ChuTanaka wrote: »
    Bought the game yesterday, updated and started the game.

-CREATE A SIM - I can't create a pet in the 'create a sim' section. I can use the EP hair and clothes for my sim, but there litteraly isn't a pet creator. Also, the 'customize sex' option has disappeared (not really related to cats and dogs, but it happened at the same time)
    -NEW TOWN - I can't visit, move, or even see it. It leads to a white screen I can't go back from.
    -PETS IN GAME - I can't interact with any pet. I see them, the relationship with them drops to all red without a reason, and I can't click on them. No menus, no interaction with items (eg. cat ball).

-PET ITEMS - I can buy them from 'pre-built' rooms, but I don't have a 'pet items' section. If I manually search for the pet item it leads me to an empty pet items section. I can find and buy normal items from this EP but not directly meant for pets (sim bed, armchair, house cleaner)
    -Also, can't interact with my fridge anymore (and maybe some other items, didn't check since I basically just can't play)

Already deleted and re-installed cats and dogs
    Already restarted pc/origin/game several times
    I don't have any mod or CCs
    I had my files checked and fixed by origin
    Already checked for updates
    Computer requirements are met
    Francl27 wrote: »
    As of this morning, all my 'lecture pets' actions have got cancelled, with Sims claiming that they can't reach the pet to do it. Doesn't matter who they are, where they are, what they are doing... they're call shrugging their shoulders with the footprint and cross bubble.
    I am unsure if anyone has noticed this problem, but it only started happening today after I downloaded C&D. I decided *not* to play a household with a pet right away and played another household of mine from before the new expansion. As I played it long enough, I noticed significant problems when I take a sim from the household and have them travel to another lot while the others are left to their own devices. I went traveling around with this one sim all day and finally went home late at night. But when I came back, the other members of the household did not take care of themselves at all like they usually do, and all of them are very miserable and many of their needs are at critical lows.

There's more bugs I've caught: one of the sims in the household was very tired bc he apparently did not sleep and had work in a few hours, so I had him take a vacation day, and he was granted one. However, this was the same day I had another sim traveling to other lots all day, and even though he was on vacation he went to work anyway as if he never got a vacation. Another bug I caught is that there are 2 sims that already have the grilled cheese aspiration and both are at the first lvl, but I can't seem to fill the goal of talking to others about grilled cheese, bc the option to talk to others about grilled cheese never appears no matter how many times I peruse through the Friendly options.

This is just playing a household *without* a pet yet, I dread to think what bugs may appear if I play a household with one. I have no mods or CC content.
    AIRMAGIK wrote: »
    I adopted a kitten and so far she wouldn't use the litterbox until i moved it downstairs, then she got stuck on top of the cat gym thing and when i moved it she suddenly appeared on a table and wouldn't get down for her food or when you call her. I tried taking her on a trip and bring her back to house to get her off the table which worked but now shes outside the house and wont go back in tried taking the door off and i made a pet door but she won't go back inside so i guess shes a outdoors cat for now. I do have mods but only ones i use are clothes
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    I can't read through all the questions. I'm having a problem adopting. The man comes but he doesn't bring a pet. I tried 3 times in on e household and once in another the same thing happened in both. I have a few mods. Does the sim have to be an animal lover to adopt? Thanks for your help.

Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    Pages 7 to 11, tried my best to delete duplicates:
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Not sure if this Glitch has happened to anyone else, but this just happened in my game.
    I added Don lothario into my single sim 1 cat 1 dog household (that's been perfect since I got the content)
    to alter his outfits I decided to bring up the cheat console and type testingcheats
    then I used the sim shift click action on Don, to edit him in Cas, I altered his every day outfit, and then scrolled 3/4 formal suits, chose one and my screen froze with graphic pixel snow for 3/4 of the page I was unable to click or exit in any way other than turning off the laptop !

up to this point Ive had no issues with gameplay :( ( no mods or CC)
    I just posted on EA Help about merging pets into families from the gallery. Once I do they are completely black. This happens for most but not all pets. Only one other person posted there with this problem and they had mentioned the design tool causing their animal to go black. Thought I'd add this here in case anyone else has this problem. No mods installed.
    Adoption glitch ? When trying to adopt via computer the lady shows up. No pet with her stands around for a bit then leaves . If I travel away and back the pet is there but if I interact they just disappear? This is on an existing save I don't want to lose my progress
    sadiedgaf wrote: »
    hey guys~ long time simmer but i dont use the forums, so forgive me if im doing this wrong. heres an issue im having, pasted from reddit.

really upset that my first dog disappeared. he was an elder and probably died of old age, but the game kinda broke him? i was at the vet with my other elder pet (they get really, constantly sick when theyre elders) and my other sim was at work. i looked down at the portraits and suddenly my dog wasnt in my family anymore? i checked relationships and hes transparent (ghost.. im guessing) but i never found an urn or tombstone for him, and my sims never got moodlets about their pet passing. i'm pretty bummed out because he was the first dog i made in the game :(. i just got an ambrosia treat from the vet too but its too late now i guess. has anyone else had their pet pass yet? is it a wide spread bug or just bad timing for me?
    I am having to direct the cat to eat. I got a notice about the cat being hungry when there was food sitting in her dish. I'm still not sure if the auto-feeder is working correctly or how I know if it is.

I have had the "elevation bug". Maaike was asleep and then suddenly she was standing on the bed and wouldn't go back to sleep or get down. Resetting her didn't help. I used build mode to fix it. First I moved the bed out of the room, then she was standing on the dresser. I had to move both the bed and the dresser out of the room for her to stand on the floor. I then put the furniture back into the room and she was back to normal.

Ruby5662 wrote: »
    Also my pit bull/boxer mix goes through objects. not an issue for me, but worth mentioning if it bothers someone else
    My cat got sick so I took her to the vet and she has the prowler trait so she's outside almost all the time (not sure if it matters but figure it might). While I'm waiting to be seen by the vet she runs off outside, totally off the vet lot and then when it's time for the exam, my sim runs off the lot to go be with her and the exam just never actually starts or ends and I cannot seem to break this. I've tried cancelling the appointment and signing in again, I've tried traveling back and forth. At this point my adult cat is just forever sick and unable to be treated. Also I want to add that I took this very same cat to the clinic once before to be spayed and that went fine, but now that she's sick, she just keeps running off and can't be examined.
    i have no mods or cc... not sure if anyone else is having a problem with setting the table now.. it worked grate before cats and dogs but now as soon as they put the food down the setting is gone.. also is there anyway to have a puppy just pee in house ... i think it would be easier to just clean up after then carry it outside tell him to pee then bring him back in
    Mirandanik wrote: »
    I also started a restaurant and the customers refuse to eat their food yet complain the service is to slow when the food is sitting right there and then they finally leave without paying the bill and I can't make any money at all, only losing money 24/7 when it's open and I have no idea why this is happening.
    Why is Mayor Whiskers having the empty pet food bowl thought bubble? It's constant, my sim reacts and other sims react with a spoon and fork thought bubble. I have adopted him. No mods and no CC in my game.
    ETA. I have an automatic feeder and it's set to fill the bowl every 3 hours. There's always food in the bowl.
    stadbab wrote: »
    i'm not getting the option to train my dog, even though i have the training skill? it doesn't come up on the pie menu. i've had her since she was a puppy if it makes any difference.
    Shloobs wrote: »
    - Occasionally when dog jumps he stretches out and up into the air creating one very long, distorted dog (haven't been quick enough to grab a screenshot)
    - With the dogs friendly lot trait, clock goes from super speed to normal EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. a dog enters the lot. Very frustrating.
    - Even after cat has "learned not to jump on counters" it still does it constantly (bug or just annoying personality trait? cat does not have "stubborn" trait). Same for not barking at humans with dog (although dog does have "stubborn" trait)
    - With autonomy on but disabled for selected sim, selected sim will wait to perform actions (and sometimes cancel them) when their pet decides to interact with them. This has resulted in an hour+ in-game time delay while my sim waited for his cat to come from god knows where off-lot to bring a gift
    -I don't need to wait 24 hours before telling my pet to "Encourage to mate with..."
    This bug causes my pets to not be able to get pregnant at all, so looks like my pet legacy is on halt :s
    Shloobs wrote: »
    (sorry, first time using forums so can't edit my posts yet)
    Also on my list, not related to pets themselves but only happening since installing pets:
    Sims with the vegetarian trait react to eggs and toast as though there's meat in it, even though it has the "vegetarian safe" label
    kasia0504 wrote: »
    Did anyone had a problem with cat who's vomiting nonstop? I mean in one hour he vomit like 6 times and it won't stop ;/ When I click on him there is no vet option... and he's control is not red...
    Joliensims wrote: »
    I have an issue, dont know if its a bug or not. When i go to the sable square neighbourhood in brindleton bay, there are plants missing, the white sign in front of the cul-du-sac is missing and the house shells behind the domus familiaris lot are also missing. I don’t know how i can fix it or if other people are expierencing it too.
    I've seen another bug. I edited the adoption agent with cas.fulleditmode during the adoption process and I had to restart the game then wait a bit to try again. When I exited CAS, there were a bunch of adoption cages replicating on the lot and there was no pet. Clearly, that's a bug.

Fortunately, when I tried the adoption again, the same puppy (Zoe, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, female) was available though somehow she went from spayed to unspayed in that time. Siobhan Fyres's family was able to adopt her then, but that's definitely a bug. I won't need to edit the adoption agent again for a while as long as she isn't culled.
    When creating stuff at the vet lab post (I don't remember what its called) my main sim makes it then stops after it "finishes" but it acts like it isn't finished and gives me the option to scrap it or put it into the objects inventory or mine. So I pretty much have to do it one at a time and micro manage.
    I created a new Sim to marry into the household brought him over to the vets office set him to craft expecting the same thing but he actually finished his and auto put away. Being abl3 to make make treats at a higher level would be great but I'm just happy I can set up a queue now
    My cat sim has been sick 2 times now (two day in a row) and my sims owns the vet clinic in the new town. So I took him to be treated the first day for his red nose and took him home and he kept falling over with no way of checking what was wrong (resetting the game worked to fix this). The second day I have taken him to the vets as he was all frozen and blue, cured him and sent him home and now he is stuck as blue and frozen. In CAS he is fine the colour he should be but in live mode no matter what I do he is blue, no way of asking what's wrong or taking him to the vet again. I have restarted the game, removed all mods and CC out of the game and folders and nothing. The other pet on the lot is fine, but has not been ill yet so time will tell.
    The pet owners at my clinic don't check in, therefore my sim cannot work and treat their pets
    IVlandy wrote: »
    My vampire sim outfits are all the same. She has 4 Everyday outfits that I had chosen and they all revert to her first outfit. The game also gives her another sleepwear outfit but it's the same sleepwear.
    One of my dogs is always afraid, I see it's because I got the preventative shot when I first start playing.
    Same dog also will not learn to go potty by itself. Traits are: Loyal, Adventurous, Vocal (if that matters)
    Anyone else having a problem with trying to add a dog in create a sim in a household that already exists? Because every time I try to add a dog my game screen goes into full screen and the screen completely freezes the image. And I can click and it’ll make the clicking noises but nothing will happen. I’ve tried restarting my laptop then going back into the game but every time I do that the same thing happens.
    Roomba doesn't work correctly.
    Poop appear too far.
    The operating table of the vet clinic is glitched.
    There is a floating floor lamp in Brindelton Bay.
    Sometimes when sims lay on the floor puppies they appear a little bit so far.
    XxN_MxX wrote: »
    -My sims keep resetting them selfs
    -Error message appears every 10 minutes “this program is not responding” then my game closes!
    -I can’t play on my lot that I was playing on as the game crashes before The lot even loads. which I’ve had for months. But ever since the pets, it’s broke it. So I’ve had to re make my sims and start all over again on a new lot.
    -Sims stand around for too long
    SarahLC9 wrote: »
    Hi guys, long time simmer, only used the forums a couple times but been a member for many years, and it all seems to have changed so I apologise if I’m doing this wrong/could someone please redirect me as to the correct way to do this?

I was creating my second Cat (first kitten, second elder) both using paint mode. However my second, elder Cat, I can only see my custom coat when in “paint mode”. As soon as I come out of that, to try to save the household, it goes. It reappears back in paint mode so I haven’t yet lost my (long!) work.

The kitten worked fine but the elder, I created an adult, mixed 2 breeds, then clicked elder, then played with the custom paint mode. I only have these cats in my household so far.

Please, if anyone knows the cause or solution, I’d be very grateful. There seems to be nothing online (I usually google my problems, apologies!)

Thanks, Sarah x
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    My sim just died of starvation while I was away from the game ( had forgot to pause) my sims have full autonomy so how did that happen!
    The biggest one I have had is when attempting to tell the cat that they are a good pet, the cat and my sim glitched and got all deformed. The cat stretched out in the air and my sim was all bent over backwards.
    jswizzle wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the spay/neuter function at the vet clinic. I checked my dog in, waited for the vet, and once he got on the table I waited over 12 sim hours for nothing to happen. I eventually cancelled the event as clearly nothing was happening. I tried to check him in again but then the vet never took him back.

Only good thing to come out of it was that I got the achievement for having a sim be awake for 24 hours straight. :)
    munchoz2 wrote: »
    Oh and I did notice something that may be a glitch...may be a feature. I own a vet clinic and am a vet level 10. Occasionally, after a complete exam and diagnosis, no green thumbs up solution is shown. If I then move to the surgical station the tummy surgery gets a green thumb but when I perform it, the pet is never healed. Even if I then move the pet back to the exam table and go through the exam all over again. I think it has happened twice since playing. Maybe there's just pets that you can't cure? Oh and I've also seen the random 'can't bill owner'. It usually happens at least once every day that my vet clinic is open. I just figure that's my pro bono work for the day! :)
    JillieLuna wrote: »
    In addition to the loading times I already mentioned (again, no CC/mods, empty tray, deleted cache, repaired game), I'm having a bug with Modify Sim in CAS. When I exit CAS, any sims that were sleeping are standing up next to their beds. They will then get right back in them. This happens every time I do this.
    danigirl02 wrote: »
    I purchased the perk for the customers to have more patience, it didn't work because they are still impatient
    I keep running into the problem where if I need to use the surgery station on a pet, the action lasts forever and never finishes, causing everyone waiting to go down in score. It always seems to be the same pet coming in over and over?
    Forfjor wrote: »
    A problem I'm having is that the "be nice to" interaction doesn't work, so I can't get my dog to be friends with other dogs and breed with them. My sim is friends with the dogs just fine but when I get her to do the "be nice to" interaction with her dog, the dog just doesn't... do anything. I have no mods or CC at all.

I've tried trapping my dog with the dogs I want her to know on my lot in hopes they'd autonomously interact but nothing. I can't breed her with dogs if she's never friends with them so this is really putting quite a stop to my playing :/
    I've tried searching for a solution but I've yet to find other people who have the problem of the "be nice to" interaction literally not doing anything so I really don't know what to do here.
    I'm having an issue where my pets aren't able to go inside my house. The door is not locked and there is nothing blocking the doors but they stay outside. My pets keep getting upset because they cant eat or go to the litter box. I don't know how to fix it :(
    Sharee wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is patch related or cats and dogs related, but for the love of glob do not delete any sims. It will nuke the entire save.
    Issues I'm having with sims 4 (with or without CC)

1) All CC traits are not showing up in CAS.

2) When "simstagramming" a pet, the camera angle is take from the floor perspective of the sim which DOES NOT make for a good photo.

3) If a sim does not have a career but owns a business then their description should not say UNEMPLOYED or stay at home mom or dad.
    Velouriah wrote: »
    I've got a strange problem...Nobody will come to my vet clinic! From what I understand, you use the computer platform screen to "allow new customers" or "disallow new customers". but no matter what I try, no-one shows up. Is there something else I need to do?

I've got MCCC and UI cheats fully updated, and I used the vet clinic the game supplies, so no mods there.
    I'm having issues with sims dropping food and other actions.
    ysa88 wrote: »
    Some issues I'm having:

- Being unable to interact with other customers at the vets. You cannot click on them, there are no options to select.
    - Pets being lifted stick to the sim's arm and glitch until you exit and re-enter the lot.
    - Townie family still don't spawn with toddlers or pets
    - The same townies seem to fulfill every role - landlord, vet, bar staff. Their job is constantly changing.
    - Dine out is no longer working properly. Despite my sim having enough money, they are unable to order as they don't have enough funds. Wait staff don't arrive for hours after the sim arriving at the restaurant.
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Okay, got my hands on the game and can make my own buglist now.

so far what broke for me:
    - pathfinding, cat at the door, sims yell that they can't go to the fridge, I make them manually walk around the cat and they're fine
    - I don't know how but one of my cats is waking all of my sims up without even being able to enter their bedrooms

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2017
    You can add the two boats at the lighthouse island don't have a travel with interaction back to the docks or beach. The one at the docks does. Your sims in a group can't travel off the island together in the boats. One is left behind. Repairing the game doesn't fix this issue. I've mentioned it also at EA HQ. Here is the link to my thread here. It got no responses as I don't guess this is a game breaking bug. It's just aggrevating cause I prefer to use the boats and if my sim is with someone they can't travel with them.

True a modder will most likely fix this but I hope to see it fixed in the Dec Patch.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929464/two-boats-on-lighthouse-island-only-let-one-sim-travel-back-to-the-beach-or-docks-no-travel-with-int#latest
  • LilacgoosberrieLilacgoosberrie Posts: 11 New Member
    My pet wont move or do anything without me telling him to. I reset his moodlets because he had the uncomfortable bug. It worked, but now he just stands in one spot and doesn't move.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited November 2017
    My pet wont move or do anything without me telling him to. I reset his moodlets because he had the uncomfortable bug. It worked, but now he just stands in one spot and doesn't move.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • simmingrandomlysimmingrandomly Posts: 1 New Member
    No mods/cc. Many issues:

1. Most interactions with the pets stay queued, and my Sim just stands there doing nothing for FOREVER. Even cancelling the commands do nothing. I have to reset the Sim to get them to maybe, possibly, do the next thing I tell them to do.

2. I had created a female Sim with a dog and a cat. I then created another household with a male Sim and 2 dogs. Had those Sims meet and move in together. The female Sim can only train the dog and cat she originally had, and the male Sim can only train the dogs he originally had. When combining households with pets, the pets should automatically be adopted by the other Sim(s) so that training by any Sim is allowed. Not only training tricks, but also training out unwanted behaviors.

3. While watching other Simmers on YT, noticed when they tell the dog to go potty, the dog will go out the door, but will potty on the porch. The porch should somehow be considered part of the house, and dogs should know only "grass/ground" as a potty spot. Because I caught this while watching others, I *did* instruct my dogs to "potty here" on the grass, and they usually go on the grass as I instructed them originally, but they'll still go on the porch sometimes.

4. Currently a kitten is stuck on one of the cat towers, needing to use the litter box, but won't jump down and my Sim can't pick her up. Reset the kitten and it did nothing. Poor kitty.

5. Several times I've noticed the pets looking quite sad, and only realize they need social or play when a notification pops up, but the color behind their photo in the bottom left is white, indicating they are Fine. Would LOVE to see the background change with their mood (Blue sad, Pink ready to mate, etc), just like the Happy green, Fine white, and Uncomfortable red-orange (needing to potty or eat) that they currently have.

Just want to note that I'm really loving this expansion, but there are definitely some kinks that need to be worked out for full enjoyment. I spend more time getting frustrated that things aren't working, than I do successfully playing the game.
  • TawuwaTawuwa Posts: 2 New Member
    Most of these might have been said already but this is what I've learned so far:

- Your dog can't breed with a dog outside your household (the interaction does happen but they just growl and hate each other, I've tried that like 100 times by now. Both are surely opposite genders and un-neutered). I was looking forward to breed a golden retriever puppy for my family's daughter and I added the male dog to a different family, but I guess I gotta borrow the male dog from the other family until they're more friendly to each other and has bred successfully xD.

- Your pets can't do the friendly interaction to pets outside your household. You can order them to do so but they just wont do anything. It did work for Sims outside the family.

- Litter boxes work for me just fine, cats find it themselves when they need to. I do have some CC and one mod (the cat and dog default eye replacement). Some said the litter box wont work properly for them.

- I can adopt strays. Someone said they couldn't but for me it works as long as you got room in your household and you have become friends with the stray.

- The adoption service works fine, as long as there's enough room in the house for the Carrier to be placed. Once my apartment was so cramped the adoption agent was stuck in an endless loop walking around swinging his hand and trying to place the carrier down (even though I thought he had just enough space). And of course I couldn't access the Build Mode to arrange some space for him, I had to reload from last save. So save before selling or buying pets in case that happens to you.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited November 2017
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned yet but the pet toy boxes mysteriously turn - reminds me of the evil bunny head charisma toddler toy in Sims 2 that would turn! Did not notice when they turned - maybe when traveled. Not a big deal other than one turned all the way around to face the wall so the pets could not really get to it any more - had to go in build mode to turn it - then discovered the other one had turned as well. A bit creepy!

Same here! Not game-breaking, but a tad bit annoying. It only happens when I leave my house and visit another lot.

Also have the unable to potty train bug. Based on what I've read from other players, pretty sure it's caused by either the Loyal or Smart traits (my dog has both :D ).
    Post edited by HowGreatThouArt on
    aSE16f8.gif
  • RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    edited November 2017
    Seem to have a problem. My Sim went out and when he came back there where to gardeners in the house who just seem stuck and whatever I do i can't get rid of them. This has never happened before Cats and Dogs. For me this is game breaking. Had to delete game and start again. Every time I managed to get rid of them another gardener would turn up and I was unable to end gardener service.
    Kind regards James.
    Post edited by Retrovanian on
  • katikene1katikene1 Posts: 3 New Member
    Only issue I've had is pets in my game having their brows kind of stretched out while moving. It doesn't affect gameplay but it's terrifying to look at and can ruin pictures too.
  • VelouriahVelouriah Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm having a very strange problem: nobody will come to my sim-owned vet clinic. I figured this was because of CC. So, I removed all cc- completely empty mod folder. Also, I started a new game and I ran "repair game".
    But to no avail. I made a new sim, gave her two pets, and enough money to buy a clinic. She can treat her own pets in the clinic, but no-one will come to it, no matter how often I toggle the "allow new customers" thing on the check in screen. My poor Sim just sits there drinking coffee. What am I doing wrong?!