Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses-farm

I'm sure ppl who bouught the cats and dogs have seen the farm with the cows in the field,
yes I know we cant use it but has anyone else noticed that some times, the dogs show a thinking bubble and there is a picture of a horse in it?

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think that when we get horses and horse-based creatures, we will get them in a pack that provides a farm-like theme to its trappings. I don't think it will automatically be a farming pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    I'm sure ppl who bouught the cats and dogs have seen the farm with the cows in the field,
    yes I know we cant use it but has anyone else noticed that some times, the dogs show a thinking bubble and there is a picture of a horse in it?

I did notice the farmland in the back. And in the same vein as the city skyline getting closer every pack, I wondered if the farm was a small hint for us.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Well even though the sims 4 has had a lot of issues... a LOT. They have given us stuff that we have wanted for a while now like active careers and owning restaurants. I think that if they keep on going with this they will actually give us a farm pack , because a lot of us have asked for this. Also it seems curious that they even left out tiny pets out so I’m guessing they already had a project for this.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'd rather have farming with little animals than horses. I think it would bring something more interesting, with potentially more gameplay than horses.
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    I can see farm animals happening (and it would be pretty neat), but horses would be completely pointless with TS4 being so closed-world. You can ride around your lot and one block up and down the street, then...teleport around in front of lots you want to visit? What's the fun in that? If they haven't added cars, I don't see them adding horses.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I can see farm animals happening (and it would be pretty neat), but horses would be completely pointless with TS4 being so closed-world. You can ride around your lot and one block up and down the street, then...teleport around in front of lots you want to visit? What's the fun in that? If they haven't added cars, I don't see them adding horses.

Well, I could see them adding something for horses that's a rabbit hole, like when you "Go On An Adventure" with your Adventurous Dog, and get pop ups that have you choose options. This would be similar to the horse racing in TS3 as well. I did find the horse racing a little bit more engaging than the dog adventure, because it at least appeared that your choices made a difference in game as far as results. The dog adventure may satisfy some need my dog has, but it's hard to say.

As to whether that would add tons of stimulating play to the game, umm, I myself don't get overly excited about it. But I'm also one who doesn't find the "boat ride" to the Lighthouse all that and a bagga chips, either. If cars are like that, and in a pack, I wouldn't buy it. I certainly wouldn't be mad about it, tho. I just hope they don't spend their time and resources adding something like that to the base game. Decorative/rabbit hole cars don't grab me, unless there was something else about them that added a lot of interest.
    The worlds are getting more explorable, like Brindleton Bay's neighbourhoods. It's large enough to ride your horses around.

Maybe the world that Horses came with would be about the size of Forgotten Hollow, but highly horse-orientated, such as having herds of wild horses. and things to jump over.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The worlds are getting more explorable, like Brindleton Bay's neighbourhoods. It's large enough to ride your horses around.

Maybe the world that Horses came with would be about the size of Forgotten Hollow, but highly horse-orientated, such as having herds of wild horses. and things to jump over.

I would love this. I'd be interested in a farm and/or horse pack. I do think that they make some worlds and neighborhoods that suit horses. Even a "Forgotten Hollow" size for horses could work if there's enough to do and space for several horse farms. There are also different styles of horse-riding, Western or English styles which could suit different themes or be adapted in a pack for the style of riding that a player wants. TS3 did a great job with things like show-jumping. The fact that we are seeing dog agility which I hoped for but didn't expect, suggests that we will very likely see another jumping course if we get horses.

Anyway, I'm interested in both the farm concept and the horses. A GP with one open world might work for horses if they don't want to combine it into a conceptually broader "country living" EP. Actually, I could even see some kind of weather coming with a country-themed EP, depending on how they decide to handle weather/seasons. If they have crops in a farm theme then having some weather (wind, rain, frost, excessive heat) makes a lot of sense. Actually, I could see them doing that and then adding a more "snow-themed" and suburban or mountainous seasonal pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I just want horses, so if they come with farming, bring on the farms!
    I just want horses, so if they come with farming, bring on the farms!

There would probably be a farming theme to the items in the pack, but with Horses at the center of it all. Plus we would need either stables, or the ability to build them. Horses aren't exactly something you see around the house.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited November 2017

Actually, That isn’t necessarily true. There are parts of windenburgs neighborhoods that are quite large and actually take a long time to get around. I can see them not allowing horses inside some of the city parts, but some of Windenburg has some huge places to roam, and even parts of OS is pretty big. With most farm animals I would not actually want them to take up a sim spot like cows, chickens, sheep goats and pigs, though I would like them to be able to reproduce to grow a larger herd, or sell. I would also like there to be a use (recipes) for eggs, milk, etc. horses function could be to ride, or as a pet, kind of on the fence where horses are concerned. Should they take up a sim spot?
    I would certainly love farm animals, farm furniture, a tractor, more crops, bales of hay, etc. even a farmer aspiration.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Don't forget, every horse would take up a slot in your household. So, with sims, dogs, cats and horses, we would have room for only two of everyone, kind of like Noah's Sim Ark.
    edited November 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Don't forget, every horse would take up a slot in your household. So, with sims, dogs, cats and horses, we would have room for only two of everyone, kind of like Noah's Sim Ark.

That's why I'm hoping for an increase in the base household numbers around the time of Horses. Required specs have gone up, after all.

I don't know if we'll get SMall Pets or Horses first. Part of me is also concerned that Small Pets will come one at a time in Stuff Packs.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited November 2017

Like it was already pointed out, it can be possible to create a countryside world about the same size as Granite Falls in terms of open public spaces. Just put a bunch of trails for your sim to ride a horse around and we're good. We could also have a big lot that would work as an equestrian center where you can do jumps, races, etc. and take care of your horse. This way we would have more options of where to keep our horses besides our tiny backyards. Actually, if they do introduce horses I think they might limit them to a particular world, otherwise we would see them running around cities like in TS3 and I definitely don't want that. But honestly I would only use horses myself IF they give us a place where they can live. My sims houses are always small (unless I play with a farm family) and I never liked how horses take up a household slot.

Personally, as much as I love horses in real life, I think I'd prefer if they would focus more on farm animals. Obviously they can't take up slots in households, otherwise it would be impossible to have a big farm, but they don't have to be considered as a sim since you don't interact much with cows, goats, etc. besides maybe pet them and milk them. They are more like an object with a few animations (and not a sim with full needs, relationships, skills, etc.), although I do hope they will reproduce and have an aging system.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I find it a bit insulting that our Sims will probably be able to ride horses long before they can ride bicycles or cars.

I'd rather have transport options that *every* Sim can use, rather than one that only makes sense in a rural world.
    wJbomAo.png
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Cars as a pack doesn't really make sense in the sims 4. At least with horses in a larger open rural world there will be gameplay from it you cant feed and train your car. Cars are to travel and you can't do that with a loading screen so it makes them pretty pointless apart from decoration.
    It's pretty much the same for bikes as well unless they were for use on ramps etc at a bike park which is something I'd like to see as a new skill, along with rollerblading and skateboarding. They would make sense to be used in the open areas. But to travel from one location to another makes all use of transport pretty useless.

That's why I'm hoping for an increase in the base household numbers around the time of Horses. Required specs have gone up, after all.

I don't know if we'll get SMall Pets or Horses first. Part of me is also concerned that Small Pets will come one at a time in Stuff Packs.

Would you hate it if small pets were in, say, three SP's? Maybe a RODENTS pack with hamsters, guinea pigs, wombats, etc. A REPTILE pack with snakes, turtles, bull frogs, etc. And a BIRD pack with parrots, cockatiels, canaries, etc. Each with more realistic gameplay and options?

Would you hate it if small pets were in, say, three SP's? Maybe a RODENTS pack with hamsters, guinea pigs, wombats, etc. A REPTILE pack with snakes, turtles, bull frogs, etc. And a BIRD pack with parrots, cockatiels, canaries, etc. Each with more realistic gameplay and options?

I wouldn't hate it.

Stuff Packs are mostly about the Stuff. You get a few Gameplay objects each time. So you wouldn't get pets. You'd get, say, a single bird in a cage with a lot of swatches and some interactions. It might die if you didn't pay enough attention. I can't know how interactive it'd be.

Or an ant farm, or a honey-comb. Things involving animals but not what I'd call pet material, like the frog terrariums, or the bird feeder.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Wombats aren't rodents. They're quadrupedal marsupials. They can total your car, they poop cubes, and they are mean grumps. My school had one, and she killed every male they put in with her, and frequently threatened to remove students fingers.

As for birds, such a pack would need to include the Corvidae family. Just can't be goth without them.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited November 2017
    A Horses CAH should be like, dedicated to horse breeds but also capable of adding horn 'headbands' of all types and multiple types of hooves (cleft as well as three-toed) - so you can add just about anything with hooves like goats, sheep and cows yourself.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I find it a bit insulting that our Sims will probably be able to ride horses long before they can ride bicycles or cars.

I'd rather have transport options that *every* Sim can use, rather than one that only makes sense in a rural world.

I thought it was already heavily hinted at/confirmed that cars are being added in some way?
    I mean i just finished plopping a house in an empty lot in the new world and right outside the property is a parking area with a truck parked lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think if they didn't want to bring in cars then at least let the Sims leave in a vehicle of some kind even in the early Sims 1 and 2 they had taxies. This walking around is so stupid and then the Sims get so tired they fall down which may have been funny in the beginning but it is down right annoying now.
    I think the parked cars ARE their solution to adding cars to S4.