Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~•~aricarai's DNA contact thread~•~Lilypink79~•~NEW Request~•~

Comments

• StutteredScreamsStutteredScreams Posts: 147 Member
    @aricarai I've had a quick little browse but honestly I don't think were gonna find anything better than these, and I actually really really like the pants in the middle that you've picked! :smiley:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @aricarai I've had a quick little browse but honestly I don't think were gonna find anything better than these, and I actually really really like the pants in the middle that you've picked! :smiley:

Awesome! I think they work really well @StutteredScreams! I'm going to keep them off the Exchange, due to the CC elements, so you'll be getting your own private download (hope you're ok with that!). Do you want them uploaded as a household? If so, I'm pretty positive that they'll need to be installed through the launcher (which means the CC should be attached to them) or we can do them individually and they'd be a package file and to be found in the Sim Bin (they go in Saved Sims in the TS3 folder), but then you'd have to make sure to install all of the CC. Regarding sliders, I'll upload my sliders folder for you and then I recommend from there, you choose the ones that I have to do with mouth, eyes, and nose (I did use a hip width on Rain, but only a slight movement there, so I don't think it'll make a HUGE difference if you don't want that) - I'll give you the names of the ones that I used.

Let me know! We're almost there :mrgreen:
    @aricarai How exciting! :scream:
    A private download is great, totally fine, if anything I think it really substantiates just how personal these sim builds were for me.
    I think uploading them as a household sounds much simpler, but really whichever is easiest for you is the best one for me.
    Yep yep, it all sounds like a plan! As long as you can give me the slider names and let me know where to find them I'll make sure to grab every single slider you've used. I want my pals to be 100% identical to the Arica-made sims, so that I can see, love, and endlessly appreciate every little amazing bit of them that you've worked so so hard on. :heart:
    Zpj9msL.png
    @aricarai How exciting! :scream:
    A private download is great, totally fine, if anything I think it really substantiates just how personal these sim builds were for me.
    I think uploading them as a household sounds much simpler, but really whichever is easiest for you is the best one for me.
    Yep yep, it all sounds like a plan! As long as you can give me the slider names and let me know where to find them I'll make sure to grab every single slider you've used. I want my pals to be 100% identical to the Arica-made sims, so that I can see, love, and endlessly appreciate every little amazing bit of them that you've worked so so hard on. :heart:

Perfect-o! Depending on the surprise, depends on when I can get them to you, but for the most part they are finished off :mrgreen: I'll upload them as a household, but I'll also make sure to list the CC that I've used in case it isn't attached! We're in the homestretch m'dear <3
    I am so pumped!!! :mrgreen:
    tumblr_inline_o9jnogayor1rpcnpz_500.gif
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited November 2017
    Ooooh heeeeyyyyy @StutteredScreams! Wow - that was some anticipation, huh?!

Welp, I'm happy to report that I'm all finished with what I have lovingly dubbed "The Gang"! Like I said, I'm sorry that I kept you waiting, but I was waiting for that little surprise that I hinted at. Y'know how we couldn't find tattoos that suited Mr Deveaugh? Well, I thought I'd ask the amazingly talented @GaiaHypothesis to make some for you for your request and she said, "No Prob Bob!" soooo Monsieur Jean will be sporting this gorgeous flower tattoo on his forearms:
    24428513838_9031184c96_o.png

Before we get to all of their outfits and you get to see if I was able to do them justice, let's talk about the CC. Because I have uploaded them as a household in .sims3pack form, the CC should transfer; however, I've listed out all of the CC that I used into text files for you and included package files, too. If I haven't listed an outfit or item of clothing in the list, it's from a pack (or store content - which I tried to avoid, but if something doesn't appear as it is in the pictures, let me know and I will get it for you). I listed all of the sliders that I used (or think I used, some that are listed in the text files might possibly be EA sliders, but I've sent you the files for most, if not all, of my facial sliders). And lastly, you have my default skin and eyes :mrgreen: If something looks off or you think it's missing - please, please let me know and we shall get it sorted.

Sooooooo, without further ado, meet The Gang

38242193556_47e9cc1447_z.jpg

The eclectic, yet mysterious, Rain Periculum
    37585348664_2841576588_z.jpg

The prim and proper man-child artist, Jean Deveaugh
    37585349104_853cc39cb0_z.jpg

The mean-spirited, misanthropic hitman, Cassius Whale
    26521877559_e404d90dc4_z.jpg

Sam, I had a blast making these three and like I said before, I'm lowkey in love with Cassius! I really, really hope that you continue on with their stories because the little excerpts you gave me in the request were super interesting. If you end up writing more, I'd love to read it!
    Post edited by aricarai on
    edited November 2017
    Sweet sassy molassy, @aricarai they all look so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 incredible! I'm just shrieking internally as to not wake the entire household hahaha! :scream::heart:

@GaiaHypothesis is a miracle worker, that tattoo is bar none. So so beautiful, and it looks absolutely perfect in the pictures, you're surprise is the best thing that I ever could have imagined! :love:

I am thrilled to hear just how much you love The Gang (aplty titled btw), and with me being also lowkey but kinda super in love with Cassius I encourage and applaud you're feelings. You have done the man justice that's for sure, he looks so handsome and rugged but also a clean cut professional. Jean totally looks like the perfect little snobby and rude crybaby he is, such a proud and pristine being, with a wee hint of rebellion. Rain on the other hand is a total minx, I love her! You got her style spot on (she's stunning!!), and she looks so ethereal, it's like we've discovered the rarest beauty on Earth or something. Ahhhh I'm just so happy! :mrgreen:

I have a feeling that having these guys and playing with them in my game is definitely gonna inspire some more story telling, so I'll be sure to loop you in if/when I do. :wink:

I'm in the process of downloading all of the sliders now, and so far the only issue I've encountered is that "More Sliders by Bloom" didn't download as a package file like the others (listed just as a 'file' it's titled "KL2Htm3r"). I'm still making my way through, so I'll keep you posted on any more bumps.

Now to end on a positive note; you're awesome! :astonished:

Edit: There's also a sub-folder titled "#aWT" that's actually empty, so I figured I should check if that's okay.
    Zpj9msL.png
    Squeeeee @StutteredScreams - I'm super stoked that you like The Gang! SUPER excited! I'm so relieved because it's always a little bit harder to try to create characters from pictures as you want to get it right! I'm glad I accomplished that.

For some reason, I didn't put the #aWT sliders in the folder - derp! - they're at the bottom of the folder all listed out. I was able to download the Bloom sliders - when I clicked download, it opened up another Sim File Share page showing me how many downloads and the last page modified. Can you try again for me?
    @aricarai hmmm, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm not a SFS member? Like it's a private download or something, I don't know I'm just blindly guessing.
    I've tried multiple times now, but it always just gives me a randomly named 'file' (just now was QO1jH7V0, and then cDUeQMAP) that I can't seem to do anything with. When the download window opens it says "which is: application/octet-stream (37.7 KB)", where as the rest say "which is: package File".
    Zpj9msL.png
    I did a little old google search and found that Bloom's website has gone private (password protection and all that jazz), maybe that is causing the issue since you probably picked it up before that change? :grimace:
    Zpj9msL.png
    That is really weird @StutteredScreams. Maybe check your download folder and see if it might have snuck in? I've reuploaded it in a different folder - try this. Any luck?
    Super weird @aricarai, I feel like I'm going crazy! They haven't sneaked in from what I can tell, and I'm getting the same error with the new folder.
    Maybe we can try sending the files a different way, like with another file sharing site or something direct like in an email? I honestly don't even know, so strange this is. :dizzy:
    Zpj9msL.png
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @aricarai , wow, you did a great job on replicating those sim-a-likes! They look just like the pics! I wish we could do some of the things you did in CAS without having to use CC....like the height slider. I always wondered why we weren't able to adjust their height.
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @aricarai , wow, you did a great job on replicating those sim-a-likes! They look just like the pics! I wish we could do some of the things you did in CAS without having to use CC....like the height slider. I always wondered why we weren't able to adjust their height.

Aww thank you @Sandraelle! I know what you mean; I'd love real height sliders, but I think it might be difficult with animations as I've never actually played with a shorter Sim.

@StutteredScreams - do they look the same in your game? :mrgreen:
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Well done with the gang Ari! They look like such really cool characters :smiley:
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Well done with the gang Ari! They look like such really cool characters :smiley:

Thank you so much @soocoolsim! You should read about the stories that Sam gave them on her request form! I love their back stories!
    edited November 2017
    @aricarai I swear that I wrote and posted this message last night, but alas the internet has LOL'd @ me. :cry:

Anywho, they look fabulous, and there's only a few very minor muck-ups!
    The only issue that I've spotted with Rain is that the Spectator Contacts, while installed and available, haven't shown up on Rain. So easy fix really, I just need the hex codes for the colours. :smiley:
    tumblr_ozb4trQO7S1rf5dyoo1_1280.jpg

For Jean his athletics outfit (first pic below) has weirdly almost completely changed from your picture, and the shoes from his winter gear have switched out. So if you just give me directions via what I'm looking for and where I'm looking for it (as well as the necessary hex colour codes) I should be right to sort that out.
    tumblr_ozb4trQO7S1rf5dyoo3_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ozb4trQO7S1rf5dyoo4_r1_1280.jpg

I also have a simple query about Cassius, in the CC list you mentioned using the Broken Nose on him but it hasn't been selected in my game and I don't think I can see it in your pics. Did you just decide it wasn't necessary, or am I missing it somewhere? Thanks! :smile:
    tumblr_ozb4trQO7S1rf5dyoo2_1280.jpg
    Post edited by StutteredScreams on
    Zpj9msL.png
    @StutteredScreams - that's strange, I would have thought they would have transferred if they were in your game. CC can be so silly sometimes.

Give me a bit and I'll get back to you on Rain's hex codes.

With Cassius, his broken nose is on him from the picture you took. When you have multiple accessories or make up on a Sim, it will only highlight one thing. So he's good and still as ruggedly handsome as ever!

And Jean, oh Jean! He's so cute!
    edited November 2017
    aricarai wrote: »
    @StutteredScreams - that's strange, I would have thought they would have transferred if they were in your game. CC can be so silly sometimes.

Give me a bit and I'll get back to you on Rain's hex codes.

With Cassius, his broken nose is on him from the picture you took. When you have multiple accessories or make up on a Sim, it will only highlight one thing. So he's good and still as ruggedly handsome as ever!

And Jean, oh Jean! He's so cute!

Whoopsie, @aricarai I've re-done that post with an edit as there is stuff missing with Jean! My game crashed while I was checking his stuff last night but all of the outfits I'd checked so far were fine so I posted without checking and went to bed. :expressionless:

Edit: Also I thought the broken nose was on there, but when I clicked on the item it showed up so I was all confused and the like hehe. All these mods and the CC is clearly new territory. xD
    Zpj9msL.png
    Hey m'dear @StutteredScreams:

Here's the color for the orange in Rain's eyes. The other two are black (RGB = 0,0,0).

37648210064_562f5d6371_z.jpg

And for the lovely Jean - welp, those two items were store content, but not marked as such in my game. D'oh! I'm sorry about that - they should be in your inbox now :mrgreen:

Here's the colors for his top (the middle color is the flat white that you'll find in the misc category. Hex code = fffff and the top and bottom are the same material and color - which is highlighted)

37648637994_df3564dd9a_z.jpg

His shoes (ramps 3 and 4 are the same):

37648639004_a480c632ac_z.jpg

26587425279_8922b64b0c_z.jpg

37648638334_30e864aab3_z.jpg

Let me know if it all looks okay now <3
    You are a total babe @aricarai, they look absolutely perfect now! :mrgreen::heart:
    tumblr_ozd3yeDycx1rf5dyoo1_1280.jpg
    Zpj9msL.png
    You are a total babe @aricarai, they look absolutely perfect now! :mrgreen::heart:
    tumblr_ozd3yeDycx1rf5dyoo1_1280.jpg

Yay, Sam! They look brilliant in your game <3
    edited November 2017
    And few more pics for you! :wink:

tumblr_ozb4trQO7S1rf5dyoo1_r1_1280.jpg
    Rain was being super goofy, so I snapped this picture as evidence. She totally has the crazy eyes happening, and it also looks like there's a random big gap in her teeth lololol!

tumblr_ozb4trQO7S1rf5dyoo2_r1_1280.jpg
    While Jean was trying to get some work done Cassius apparently decided that it was time for a break, because he suddenly burst into the room with an awaiting smooch for Jean. :kissing_heart:

tumblr_ozd3yeDycx1rf5dyoo2_1280.jpg
    Last but not least, I discovered the not-so-hidden truth that Rain is a total Jassius shipper. :p

I hope you enjoy these in-game shots I took, as I've been having so much fun playing with The Gang in my game. For two of the pictures I even decided to give pose player a try, it was a bit finicky because of the height and size differences from the mesh models, but I still had a blast trying out everything in the couple of pose packs that I got today/yesterday. There's just so much cool stuff out there in the sims cc community, it's just amazing. Can't wait to continue dabbling. :-)
    Zpj9msL.png
    I LOVE those pictures! They're absolutely amazing. Aww, Jassius - LUUUURVE it! CC is awesome, but it can be crazy addictive! Haha! Have fun with your dabbling m'dear <3
    aricarai wrote: »
    I LOVE those pictures! They're absolutely amazing. Aww, Jassius - LUUUURVE it! CC is awesome, but it can be crazy addictive! Haha! Have fun with your dabbling m'dear <3

I am so happy to hear that you love them @aricarai! They couldn't even be possible without you, so I really can't thank you enough. You truly are astoundingly talented my friend, I hope you know that, and I cannot wait to see what you'll do next. :heart:
    Zpj9msL.png