Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    If you direct a vegetarian Sim to "get leftovers", they may not pick a vegetarian dish... *eye roll*
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Picture thread is wayyyyy too pic heavy, so just sharing this one.
    I didn't know we had this rest stop:
    6HEMPEO.png
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    Quick question
    Does any one know how to get a roomba? I can't find it in the build and buy menu!
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    Quick question
    Does any one know how to get a roomba? I can't find it in the build and buy menu!

They should be found in Objects by Function > Electronics > Misc.
    They're listed as "Robot Vacuum" and "High-end Robot Vacuum" if you wanna search for them :)
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    @ScouterRaksha
    First off you are talking about lots and Sins I take it? To get them, 1. Go into your Profile {click on your name} and once it comes up you will see all your downloads and things which you have built or made yourself will be there and you can redownload them there.
    2. there is also a button called my favorites also which will have have all the builds you have favored so you can also download them again
    3. You also see a friends button you can click on it and will see all your friends and you can click on each of them and see what they have made and can download them.
    4. Also if you have downloaded any thing with CC one the left hand side click the buttons Advanced and include Custom content

In other word you can get everything you had as far as Gallery things by clicking on you name and going to your PROFILE and start clicking on the buttons there.

I know what you are going through because I'm having to do it my self. Also if you ever have to start the game again from scratch but want to keep you saves and lots so you can put them back in the game before deleting the Sims 4 folder remove your SAVES, tray and Mods(if you use or have any) folders and place them on your desktop delete the Sims 4 folder and then start the game again an once it is there again you can replace the new ones with the ones you placed on your desktop.

Hope this helps if you need additionsl help just ask.
    edited November 2017
    Hey there,

I'm in need of some dire help, two days ago I had to replace my computer (mac book air to mac book pro) because it was murdered by a glass of milk. I have re-downloaded Sims 4, and I still have all of my packs but anything that I had in my library (households, houses, people, etc) Are gone and so is everything I have built over the past three years that I have had this game.

Is there any way that I can find all of my stuff?????
    My game has entirely restarted itself as if I had never been playing it in the first place. I cant't even get to my maps(worlds) without creating a new sim first and go through the tutorials.
    So I closed the game and thought I'd see if I could get any answers somewhere first before continuing. This is not the first time I have had a major issue with this game and it's starting to get extremely frustrating.

THANKS!
    :D

@ScouterRaksha
    First off you are talking about lots and Sins I take it? To get them, 1. Go into your Profile {click on your name} and once it comes up you will see all your downloads and things which you have built or made yourself will be there and you can redownload them there.
    2. there is also a button called my favorites also which will have have all the builds you have favored so you can also download them again
    3. You also see a friends button you can click on it and will see all your friends and you can click on each of them and see what they have made and can download them.
    4. Also if you have downloaded any thing with CC one the left hand side click the buttons Advanced and include Custom content

In other word you can get everything you had as far as Gallery things by clicking on you name and going to your PROFILE and start clicking on the buttons there.

I know what you are going through because I'm having to do it my self. Also if you ever have to start the game again from scratch but want to keep you saves and lots so you can put them back in the game before deleting the Sims 4 folder remove your SAVES, tray and Mods(if you use or have any) folders and place them on your desktop delete the Sims 4 folder and then start the game again an once it is there again you can replace the new ones with the ones you placed on your desktop.

Hope this helps if you need additionsl help just ask.

• WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Quick question

They're listed as "Robot Vacuum" and "High-end Robot Vacuum" if you wanna search for them :) [/quote
    @Cement thx! For one terrible moment I thought they got rid of it!
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Quick question

I didn't even know they were in game!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member

6HEMPEO.png
    where is this?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    when you use a laser pointer with a cat, the color and symbol of the pointer are based on the mood the sim is in. if they're happy, the laser will be green with an omega symbol (or horseshoe, i guess), playful is purple with a fish, focused is violet with a bullseye. haven't gotten any other emotions on hacker girl, but curious what the others will have
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Quick question

I didn't even know they were in game!

Try searching for it, if not look in hobbies.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Quick question

They're listed as "Robot Vacuum" and "High-end Robot Vacuum" if you wanna search for them :)
    @Cement thx! For one terrible moment I thought they got rid of it!

You're welcome :)

6HEMPEO.png
    where is this?

That area is right under the "hindquarter hideaway" lot if I remember correctly.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Is this new, or have I just been really unobservant?!

iA0QcZR.png

That is definitely new!

I had a pop up saying that a person who had died was losing their strength with the physical world and I should interact with them to maintain it or words to that effect. Perhaps this means finally useless ghosts I have no interaction with will finally disappear.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »

iA0QcZR.png

That is definitely new!

I had a pop up saying that a person who had died was losing their strength with the physical world and I should interact with them to maintain it or words to that effect. Perhaps this means finally useless ghosts I have no interaction with will finally disappear.

That's exactly what it means. You can save any you want in your game by interaction and release any you don't want to be culled by simply ignoring them.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    I didn't know when making a sim's nose longer the glasses come with them to fit.
    38340457606_efe80eaa17_b.jpg
    37681447974_c0f2876355_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »

iA0QcZR.png

That is definitely new!

Sounds great, no more 10 ghost in my sims "friends"
    When you have an immortal sims, they get to meet a lot of ghosts :D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    So I want to start this thread for the least used sim features that Simmers might not know about...So we can know about them. For example, I might be late to the party because I cannot figure out why I didn't know about this, but did you know you can save memories and tag your sims in the memory...Then, you have the option to allow your sim to reminisce about the memory...did you know that? I didn't...I know I'm missing out on other awesome sim things. Will y'all share with me?
    I am not certain how this feature plays out but we'll see...
  • Chizu93Chizu93 Posts: 15 Member
    On a lot with the "dark leyline" lot trait two normal sims have a higher chance to have vampire babies.

Had two normal sims to live on such lot and they had triplets, which ALL of them were vampires. :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    They have a few new color swatches for this old base game counter.

A1yN3j0.png
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • littlesihalittlesiha Posts: 8 New Member
    That you can lower the roof with the top arrow.

Seriously. I just found this out.

This has me wondering what else I don't know.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    If you have C&D, hear a squishing sound, and your Sim expresses disgust, you may have just "Stepped In Pet Poop" leading to a 1 hour Uncomfortable moodlet. "Ew! Gross! Pet owners who don't pick up after their pets are the worst!" OK, Miss Judgey, um, you are the owner, hun.
  • KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    edited November 2017
    When building press L on keyboard and it changers the time of day so you can test Lighting .All the time I have been playing Sims 4 I Stumbled on this by accident
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    In Cats and dogs under the pictures in decor you can find a mouse hole and it does have mice your cats can chase. =^.^=
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

When building press L on keyboard and it changers the time of day so you can test Lighting .All the time I have been playing Sims 4 I Stumbled on this by accident

Ypucan also click on the sun/moon button at the top of the screen and it will change the time of day so you don't take dark pictures when sharing your .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top