Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Mods: Cats and Dogs/Nov. 2017

Comments

• goddessvictorygoddessvictory Posts: 3 New Member
    SOOO my toddler refuses to eat food, my sims won't get pregnant, like they'll complete the get pregnant interaction but when I try to use the pregnancy test it doesn't give me a notification and is super glitchy. My sims won't sleep in some beds and every cc bed I buy disappears once I place it. People keep telling me to download Studio Player or whatever but I'm not sure what that will do. Will it just fix these problems automatically or will I have to perform some sort of action? I don't create cc, so I'm not sure what the Studio Player will do for me.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I don't know if it's been posted already, or if anyone else has cracked editing aging yet (haven't seen any updated aging mods). I've been trying to nut it out since it's the last mod of mine that needed updating. Didn't want to touch my old saves without it.

You need to edit the snippet/agingTransition_Human_{age}.SnippetTuning files to change the lifespan instead of the old tuning file we used to use. Not sure what this does to cats and dogs since I didn't see any for them.

Hope it's okay to post this here - wanted to help other aging mod makers in case no one had figured it out yet :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The AOM wrench hider mod has been updated for the patch now. As before there are three to choose from. Download them HERE.

Also, please note, bookmarked links to outdated versions will not work as they have been removed to avoid confusion. Please use the link I posted above only.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in a previous post or not (it's been a sorta busy weekend), but Andrew's Pose Player has been updated for Cats & Dogs now.

Thanks!
    SOOO my toddler refuses to eat food, my sims won't get pregnant, like they'll complete the get pregnant interaction but when I try to use the pregnancy test it doesn't give me a notification and is super glitchy. My sims won't sleep in some beds and every cc bed I buy disappears once I place it. People keep telling me to download Studio Player or whatever but I'm not sure what that will do. Will it just fix these problems automatically or will I have to perform some sort of action? I don't create cc, so I'm not sure what the Studio Player will do for me.
    Look through the last few pages of this topic. Instructions on how to use Sims 4 Studio have been posted. It will quickly run a batch fix on your CC.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    What's the likeliness that an override mod would be broken? When i say override, i mean mods that change the backgrounds of stuff. IK that makes no sense but i mean like, a mod i have that changes the loading screen color from white to dark blue, an override for the Newcrest map, etc. I Have one or two after that.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    Okay, I've been searching the last few pages to see if anyone else is having problems with their game just flat out not playing at all and I haven't seen it in the last 5. I will continue to look, but I just wanted to ask if there is anyone who is NOT able to get their game to actually play at all?

I have run S4S and update MCCC, Pose Player but my game will load but not allow me to do anything. I keep getting a black screen with a red outline. When I try to start a new game I can't even access any of the buttons. I have to keep restarting my computer to even exit my game. I haven't actually installed C&D yet, I have just updated my game. I wanted to see if it would work before actually installing the EP. I'm wondering if the actual expansion has to be installed now??? I just was hoping someone else has experienced this already and knows how exactly to fix.
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
    edited November 2017
    ArtsyAmy wrote: »
    Okay, I've been searching the last few pages to see if anyone else is having problems with their game just flat out not playing at all and I haven't seen it in the last 5. I will continue to look, but I just wanted to ask if there is anyone who is NOT able to get their game to actually play at all?

I have run S4S and update MCCC, Pose Player but my game will load but not allow me to do anything. I keep getting a black screen with a red outline. When I try to start a new game I can't even access any of the buttons. I have to keep restarting my computer to even exit my game. I haven't actually installed C&D yet, I have just updated my game. I wanted to see if it would work before actually installing the EP. I'm wondering if the actual expansion has to be installed now??? I just was hoping someone else has experienced this already and knows how exactly to fix.

It sounds like something might have gone wrong in the installation. Try removing your mods folder, running Repair Game from Origin, then testing if it opens okay.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Bbydoll342Bbydoll342 Posts: 7 New Member
    My custom traits aren't working!!! And I don't think anyone is going to update them
    Bbydoll342 wrote: »
    My custom traits aren't working!!! And I don't think anyone is going to update them

Custom Traits are indeed broken (that's listed on p. 1 here); many modders are working on figuring out how to update them. Hang in there.
  • Bbydoll342Bbydoll342 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Bbydoll342 wrote: »
    >
    > My custom traits aren't working!!! And I don't think anyone is going to update them
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Custom Traits are indeed broken (that's listed on p. 1 here); many modders are working on figuring out how to update them. Hang in there.

Ok, thx
  • snollersnoller Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, due to my rank status I can't post my own thred.

I do have a bug problem (I think) with Cats and Dogs. Apart from my pets constantly getting sick, they throw up EVERYWHERE!! It's really annoying. When I go to lots in the different cities, there's puke and pee everywhere. Is there a mod or something that can prevent this or quickly clean up? It takes a million years for my simmers to clean up and they get very uncomftorble. Pleeeeease help :(
  • dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    snoller wrote: »
    Hi, due to my rank status I can't post my own thred.

I do have a bug problem (I think) with Cats and Dogs. Apart from my pets constantly getting sick, they throw up EVERYWHERE!! It's really annoying. When I go to lots in the different cities, there's puke and pee everywhere. Is there a mod or something that can prevent this or quickly clean up? It takes a million years for my simmers to clean up and they get very uncomftorble. Pleeeeease help :(

If you happen to play with cheats enabled, you can SHIFT + Click on the puke/pee/poop and choose "Destroy Objects" and it will delete it from the game. Same thing with plates of uneaten food, coffee cups, and piles of trash.
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member

I don't create cc either; but I use 17,000 files of it! The S4S program has been literally a lifesaver for me. The batch fixes are strictly to correct cc that YOU have downloaded. Upon initial installation it loads YOUR mods folder...only yours on your computer... While it certainly is true that the program itself is used widely for creators, the batch fixes are strictly for cc you have downloaded. Every time there's a patch or new ep, sp, whatever from EA for the Sims, and there's some kind of universal problem/borking of cc, S4S will issue an updated program with a batch fix/fixes. That's why you will see when people are reporting borked cc, they'll often ask if S4S has updated yet. When they do update, you'll have to download the updated program which, honestly, is a piece of cake. Now, go back to the instructions for d/l and using batch fixes ;) BTW, the current version has a fix for CAS and one for objects for the current pet issues. But while you're there you may want to take advantage of all of their fixes... :)
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Taylour_ReneeTaylour_Renee Posts: 3 New Member
    Does anybody know what cc/mods are causing my cats and dogs to get crazy eyebrows? like... they stick out super bad.
  • Tgrhcky23Tgrhcky23 Posts: 18 New Member
    I removed all script mods that weren't updated, CAS still isn't working and it gives a save error. I downloaded the newer update of Simstudio and have run the fixes. I still have a lot of CC and don't really want to lose it and haven't found that any of it is bad except the things I removed or updated. I am at a loss and don't know what else to do.
  • st0rmtrooperxst0rmtrooperx Posts: 33 Member
    Molding Clay Builds Creativity (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=596502) is broken, don't think it's on the list. I am not able to mold the clay anymore.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited November 2017
    For those still having problems after the batch fixes and updates:
    Try clearing the cache files
    Or what I did (because the patch was crazy) I moved my saves, mod, screenshot, tray file (and if you have any other custom files) to my computer so desktop, uninstalled the game and reinstalled it rather than just patch it.
    I updated the mods before putting it back in the game. then I added everything back and ran batchfixes.

I did play a save with mods very quickly just to test things out. Nothing crazy happened other than when sims with CC spinned to change their clothes, they did this bizarre float thing. I haven’t tested eating or anything but they seemed fine. Again I checked quickly.
    But try doing all that if nothing is working.
    Also trying going back to the saves before the patch (check your save file and the versions. Also if you want to use slot1.save.ver4, take the other slot1.saves out and then rename ver4 by deleting the ver4 part) make sure to back up the folder in case you make a mistake

Sorry I’m not good at explaining things.
    Guess what I’m trying to say, sometimes the game itself needs a fresh start (and just add your mods, saves, tray, etc back in later)

ETA: obviously there’s still some broken mods and bugs in game but maybe it could help idk
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• SandyAsareSandyAsare Posts: 1 New Member
    my Sims can't root to any Kitchen Counter , they just walk from one Counter to the other and then end up giving the sign that they are blocked by something.. it's the same in other Households as well.

also they can't use the stove even here they give the sign that they are blocked by something.. i repaird my game and even created a new folder i removed old Mods and downloaded updated Mods. but everything doesn't seem to work .. i need help please
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    For those still having problems after the batch fixes and updates:
    Try clearing the cache files
    Or what I did (because the patch was crazy) I moved my saves, mod, screenshot, tray file (and if you have any other custom files) to my computer so desktop, uninstalled the game and reinstalled it rather than just patch it.
    I updated the mods before putting it back in the game. then I added everything back and ran batchfixes.

I did play a save with mods very quickly just to test things out. Nothing crazy happened other than when sims with CC spinned to change their clothes, they did this bizarre float thing. I haven’t tested eating or anything but they seemed fine. Again I checked quickly.
    But try doing all that if nothing is working.
    Also trying going back to the saves before the patch (check your save file and the versions. Also if you want to use slot1.save.ver4, take the other slot1.saves out and then rename ver4 by deleting the ver4 part) make sure to back up the folder in case you make a mistake

Sorry I’m not good at explaining things.
    Guess what I’m trying to say, sometimes the game itself needs a fresh start (and just add your mods, saves, tray, etc back in later)

ETA: obviously there’s still some broken mods and bugs in game but maybe it could help idk

Perfect - nothing to add.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    edited November 2017
    Tgrhcky23 wrote: »
    I removed all script mods that weren't updated, CAS still isn't working and it gives a save error. I downloaded the newer update of Simstudio and have run the fixes. I still have a lot of CC and don't really want to lose it and haven't found that any of it is bad except the things I removed or updated. I am at a loss and don't know what else to do.

It's possible that it's your computer. A thing we've definitely seen is that the first place people with lower-end computers are hitting problems with Cats & Dogs is in CAS. Head over to the Technical forums, and post there.
    Molding Clay Builds Creativity (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=596502) is broken, don't think it's on the list. I am not able to mold the clay anymore.

Thanks! That one indeed wasn't on the list.
    SandyAsare wrote: »
    my Sims can't root to any Kitchen Counter , they just walk from one Counter to the other and then end up giving the sign that they are blocked by something.. it's the same in other Households as well.

also they can't use the stove even here they give the sign that they are blocked by something.. i repaird my game and even created a new folder i removed old Mods and downloaded updated Mods. but everything doesn't seem to work .. i need help please
    So, your only CC is stuff that says it's been updated for Cats and Dogs? Do the counters work if you pull your Mods folder right out?
  • lolofrolololofrolo Posts: 29 Member
    Are some custom Traits working?
    lolofrolo wrote: »
    Are some custom Traits working?

Only what's in the Updated Mods post on page 1.
    edited November 2017
    Hey, guys! This is a most helpful post on using Sims 4 Studio. I've also quoted it on p. 1 here :)
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I know that s4studio made a few batch fixes. though from what I checked, I didn't see anything on sofas/couches. Their might be soon though, either that or many modders might update their objects.

Edit: Opps! thought you were only talking about couches, sorry. There actually is a batch fix for beds on the new S4Studio program. Open it, go to "Tools>Batch Fixes>Objects>Fix Beds for Cats and Dogs"

Where are these "tools" option?

Sorry for the late reply, made a post about it on tumblr:

tumblr_ozc2x7psys1rz1zglo1_1280.jpg

The Batch Fix

A little tip for those non modding simmers who want to fix some of the cc beds they have in their folder.

once you open S4Studio, click the tool up top. So it should be “Tools>Batch Fixes>Objects>Fix Beds for Cats & Dogs”

Once you click that, a navigation pop up should appear. Make sure it’s directed to where your mods folder. Then click ‘Run’

Once you click that, wait a second (it’s working it’s magic <3), then a pop up will tell you the amount of cc beds it fixed :smile: .

Then boot up your game and viola :smile: fixed beds in one shot!

• barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    I don't know what to do here. Everytime I hover over any household it gives me this blue box and when I hover over my own played household to edit them, it says they aren't there/created/ something. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • blackparade16blackparade16 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Taylour_Renee said:
    > Does anybody know what cc/mods are causing my cats and dogs to get crazy eyebrows? like... they stick out super bad.

For me, Shimrod's Less Smiling mod was what caused that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top