This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

So any plans for an "emergency" patch?

Comments

  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    The vampires and not being able to delete households, the 102/122 error? break parts of the game, or saves entirely. I'd be content if they just said "we realize these issues are a problem and are working on it for a patch". I still haven't went in game yet and I really don't want to until those issues are fixed. I might just to play around with CAS and create pets but that'd be really all. Glitches which don't break part of the game, saves or the game entirely I don't mind so much. They are going to happen. But the game-breaking ones really should be a top priority. Imo anyway.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    wickedjr89 wrote: »
    The vampires and not being able to delete households, the 102/122 error? break parts of the game, or saves entirely. I'd be content if they just said "we realize these issues are a problem and are working on it for a patch". I still haven't went in game yet and I really don't want to until those issues are fixed. I might just to play around with CAS and create pets but that'd be really all. Glitches which don't break part of the game, saves or the game entirely I don't mind so much. They are going to happen. But the game-breaking ones really should be a top priority. Imo anyway.

    Yes, I agree with this completely. There's a difference between game breaking and annoying. I play video games; I'm used to annoying glitches and I can live with them. I know they're aware of the Vampires and 102/122 error -- hopefully they'll give us some sort of update.



  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    filipomel wrote: »


    They are aware, I assume it will be a priority.

    I hope so. Because well we still have GTW and CL glitches and bugs to this day...
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    wickedjr89 wrote: »
    The vampires and not being able to delete households, the 102/122 error? break parts of the game, or saves entirely. I'd be content if they just said "we realize these issues are a problem and are working on it for a patch". I still haven't went in game yet and I really don't want to until those issues are fixed. I might just to play around with CAS and create pets but that'd be really all. Glitches which don't break part of the game, saves or the game entirely I don't mind so much. They are going to happen. But the game-breaking ones really should be a top priority. Imo anyway.

    Yes, I agree with this completely. There's a difference between game breaking and annoying. I play video games; I'm used to annoying glitches and I can live with them. I know they're aware of the Vampires and 102/122 error -- hopefully they'll give us some sort of update.



    Exactly. I can deal with annoying. There is a difference between annoying and game breaking.

    I'm getting an hdmi cable tomorrow so I can use 2 monitors at once, and that's when I'll make my real life pets. I have 1 dog and 2 cats :) It'll be easy being able to look at the pictures of them i've taken and make them in the game at the same time. Then I might get around to seeing what I want to do with the towns in a serious save. Actually might do that and play around in CAS tonight (My schedule is completely off track right now lol) after I finish watching TheSimSupply's LP for cats and dogs.

    But a serious save? What I want to do is make a simself a vampire and have pets, and a legacy..and i'm sure delete some households, with the limit and everything. I know they have an unlimited option now but i'm not worried about having unlimited Sims, eventually it'd be too much. The issue with deleting Sims...when the game culls Sims does it happen too? Or is it just when manually deleted? Because I figure i'll use the new 200 limit and just save my very favorite households/friends of my household. Should be more than enough for me. And let the game cull whoever else it decides to.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited November 2017
    For the Vampire Bug: does it just affect the played Vampire or all vampires?

    There should be an emergency patch, if not for vampires at least for the household deletions. I’m sure it’s coming. Since they’re aware. I just hope it doesn’t introduce another bug lol :lol:

    I expected bugs from the patch and the EP but this is crazy. Luckily, I backed up all my saves and updated my mods (still testing some), but this is disappointing, especially since I edited some households for C&D.
    If it wasn’t for all these issues, I would have been playing C&D by now
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,215 Member
    I guess I was lucky because I was on vacation when the latest patches came out, but I did visit the forums, so by the time I returned home I knew enough about the problems at hand to proceed with caution. Here's what I did: Of the four or five script mods I use, I updated the ones that could be updated, deleted the others for the time being, and used Sims 4 Studio's batch fixes for the CC (mainly CAS and a few beds in my case). I also made backups of my savegames and the gallery, then played for a few hours and didn't actually encounter any bugs that weren't there before.*

    So to everyone who is worried: The game is still very much playable in its current state as long as you know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do (like delete sims). Of course, this doesn't help those who mainly play as vampires, but at least you don't have to worry about your entire game breaking the moment you turn it on.

    * Speaking of bugs that were already there before: In spite of what the patch notes say, I found that the clock bug has not been fixed, and San Myshuno festivals are still overlapping. But I don't own Cats & Dogs yet, so I can't say if that would make anything better or worse. In any case, I'm also hoping for an emergency patch to take care of the most serious issues.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I've seen a few glitches from people's pictures on twitter where a dog will stand on its hind legs.







    But then people are finding it funny and saying they can't wait until they get their pack to experience the same thing, so maybe it's not something that will be addressed if people are enjoying seeing it?
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    To be honest i'm not seeing the bugs this EP is supposedly riddled with.

    Granted, I did have a few weird graphical glitches (the dogs spaghettifying randomly) but nothing that makes the game unplayable.

    That said I'm hoping a patch will come along and smooth out the few issues in the game but it's still fun to play in the meantime, in my opinion it's a lot better than sims 3 pets was. Now that was pretty awful.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

    tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    edited November 2017
    Just as a heads up, if you have saves for 102/123 errors please do share those with SimGuruNick and describe what you did before you got the error. And if you've had Vampire issues, disappearing pet bowls, or pets turning black in CAS, please head over to http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs and post your info. Some of these things are being a struggle to reproduce. I spend way too long trying to reproduce disappearing pet bowls yesterday, with no success! I just can't seem to make them disappear. Any assistance people who do have the bugs can provide can help speed up actually figuring out what's triggering a bug.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2017
    Are the sims now becoming contortionists, because they are in my game? That is pretty good for a Triple A vanilla game, not. They can also sleep while standing.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I was able to fix it by resetting the sim, but that is just applying a bandage for now.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,092 Member
    I'm waiting until after the December patch to buy Cats&Dogs now.

    I will totally buy it but I don't like bugs. And I have places to finish off.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,766 Member

    JM
    JM
    @SimGuruJM
    Hey squad- LOVE that you’re loving Cats & Dogs and sharing pics of your creations. So so great. Also love the bugs you’re bringing to our attention. We were out of the office today but please message us about issues again on Monday and we’ll do our best to hel@SimG@SimGuruJM

    No, you should HATE the bugs, not love them! LOL. (j/k)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    redivivus13redivivus13 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been experiencing a bug that won't let me have more than 6 sims/pets in my household.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,699 Member
    Anyone noticing in Create a Pet the animal poses are going between 1 and 2? They sit,then stand then sit etc etc. They won't stay on the pose you pick.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Anyone noticing in Create a Pet the animal poses are going between 1 and 2? They sit,then stand then sit etc etc. They won't stay on the pose you pick.

    I noticed that as well.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Has anyone been experiencing extreme lag, crashing and long loading times. It was fine the first day but yesterday my relaunched about 5 times before it worked and then loading the save took about as long as sims 3 only to have my game be laggy.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2017
    At the start I had no real issues playing the game. Now I have had to reset the raccoon 3 times as he seems to get stuck on a certain table. It is the cart table. He sits on it and watches the cow plant. The sims ignore any action I give them to get him off of there and the action just disappears. So I reset him. So far I have not seen him contort. I have seen the sims contort. They get stuck in this contortion and cannot function properly even when assigned other actions. While contorted, they have been able to sleep standing up. I was able to reset them out of this. No crashes or lag yet.
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2017
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Has anyone been experiencing extreme lag, crashing and long loading times. It was fine the first day but yesterday my relaunched about 5 times before it worked and then loading the save took about as long as sims 3 only to have my game be laggy.

    I've experienced the long loading times! I agree, almost as long as sims 3. Mine have been longer since the patch and then the C&D install added to it. I thought I was the only one experiencing it. I don't have mods/CC right now, took out my tray, deleted caches, repaired game, and still long loading times. Even if I also take out my saves and play like it's brand new.

    Also, my computer is more than capable of running the game. I've only noticed 4 problems since the patch in my game: 1) long loading times, 2) sims in bed reset when I do the Modify in CAS cheat, 3) all sims have the "Flirt with Self" option that has the Insane Trait icon next to it on the mirror (none of them are Insane), 4) my family of sims now randomly has the Welcome Wagon interaction in their social menu when they interact with one another (they did not move homes recently)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited November 2017
    JillieLuna wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Has anyone been experiencing extreme lag, crashing and long loading times. It was fine the first day but yesterday my relaunched about 5 times before it worked and then loading the save took about as long as sims 3 only to have my game be laggy.

    I've experienced the long loading times! I agree, almost as long as sims 3. Mine have been longer since the patch and then the C&D install added to it. I thought I was the only one experiencing it. I don't have mods/CC right now, took out my tray, deleted caches, repaired game, and still long loading times. Even if I also take out my saves and play like it's brand new.

    Also, my computer is more than capable of running the game. I've only noticed 4 problems since the patch in my game: 1) long loading times, 2) sims in bed reset when I do the Modify in CAS cheat, 3) all sims have the "Flirt with Self" option on the mirror that has the Insane Trait icon next to it (none of them are Insane), 4) my family of sims now randomly has the Welcome Wagon interaction in their social menu when they interact with one another (they did not move homes recently)

    Oh that's good to know I'm not alone either. My computer is also definitely more than capable to run sims 4. it loads sims 3 in a little over 5 minutes with all the packs but that is sims 3. i don't want to wait that long for sims 4, I've never had to wait more than a few seconds and didn't mind loading.

    Btw are your sims living in the new world?
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm waiting until after the December patch to buy Cats&Dogs now.

    I will totally buy it but I don't like bugs. And I have places to finish off.

    Me too. I REALLY want the furniture and build items that come with this expansion, but I can wait if it means the bugs will get fixed first.
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    @06Bon06 no, they're in Oasis Springs. Are yours in BB?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    JillieLuna wrote: »
    @06Bon06 no, they're in Oasis Springs. Are yours in BB?

    Yup I moved them to the docks when I first played the pack. They used to live in newcrest.

    Well at least it isn't the world causing it XD
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,794 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I've seen a few glitches from people's pictures on twitter where a dog will stand on its hind legs.







    But then people are finding it funny and saying they can't wait until they get their pack to experience the same thing, so maybe it's not something that will be addressed if people are enjoying seeing it?

    Happened in my game VERY briefly too. Like I'm surprised people were able to take pics. So I guess it's not just me. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 586 Member
    I don't have any mods or cc at all, and I just wanted to list the broken things I do and don't have from what's been mentioned in the thread before so as to hopefully help the situation with more feedback for EA staff.

    Bugs I do have:
    1. I've noticed the modify relationships cheat being broken, this is true for me.

    2. Both the dog and cat in my family are scared the majority of the time. The "calm pet down" option only appeared for me once, after that it never appeared again. Though, if I have my sims interact with them enough they eventually get enough positive moodlets to override the fear. Also, only the dog has been to the vet, and that was to cure a sickness (fleas), not a preventative shot. The cat has never been to the vet at all, never got sick or anything (I stocked up on wellness treats after my first visit). Both the dog and cat are constantly scared, so I don't think it's the vet causing this to happen in my case.




    Bugs I don't have:
    1. I haven't noticed broken vampire perks from traveling. At the moment, the only 3 powers my vampire has is bat form, vampire creation, and full sun resistance. She has not lost any of her powers, so I don't think this bug is occuring for me. Well, unless you meant actually using powers not working rather than them disappearing. The sun resistance still works, but I haven't tried hypnotizing any other sims or anything off of the home lot. My vampire drinks plasma packs and plasma fruit, not people. So I haven't fully tested this.

    2. I don't have the deleting the sims error, because when I started my game up and moved my sims into Brindleton Bay, I did delete a lot of
    pre-randomly-generated-sims households so that there would be enough room for the game to generate strays and families with pets. I didn't delete any families that I modified or played though, only ones that I never touched at all. I don't know if that makes a difference.

    (honestly I'm so grateful I didn't get this bug because I did not have a back up save before I did this because I didn't know that was an issue that could corrupt the whole save file and I would of lost my whole legacy, eek!) (I of course have a second save of it now after reading this thread)

    3. I don't use maids and I don't have the pack for butlers so I haven't had the disappearing food bowl issue.

    4. I don't have any contortion issues with either my pets or my sims. I haven't spent an extended time at the vet clinic though, not sure if it's connected to that or not. In any case, I haven't seen any noodle sims or pets.

    5. No extreme lag or crashing here, game is running just fine.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top