Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pooping Gold!~

So my Sim was minding her own business, walking her ever so faithful pooch along the pier at Cavalier Cove when I saw something weird on the ground. My curious Sim went to investigate further and lo and behold, at least 12 gold bars were just sitting haphazardly in a sort-of-pile. On closer inspection, the description hinted that a dog/cat had gone ahead and pooped all those lovely bars for me. And on an even closer inspection, the sell price totaled to about 50 thousand dollars. Well, I just went ahead and stuck them in her household inventory to forget about. Since I just made her yesterday as a thousand dollar challenge, I feel like finding 50 thousand dollars worth of poop bars a bit of a cheat. xD

Has anybody else seen a whole ton of gold bars just laying around ripe for the picking?

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No, but I found a "mysterious package" which turned out to have a gnome in it, in that same area.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • KojikaKoiKojikaKoi Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm jealous lol the one time I used the poop randomizer I actually made my pet sick with it. Wasn't a cheap little treat for a sim just starting out either!
  • GroupieFliesGroupieFlies Posts: 78 Member
    I didn't even know there was a poop randomizer. o: What does that do?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There are treats that you can get at the vet that do different things. Also, I bought a rainbow feather thingy for my cat to play with, and she poops rainbows.
    That is amazing. My new goal is to discover all the poop variations. *Laughs*
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Wish I owned a dog in real-life that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gold bars!
    Me too. I'd be filthy rich.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I wouldn't count that as a cheat, because that's supposed to be extremely rare :O
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    My boxer pooped a rainbow one
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    LOL - thank you OP for this thread , I can't believe I'm even thinking this, BUT , now I have to try the different treatsa and keep an eye out for poop. OMG - I'm gonna wet myself.
    Ahhh, The Sims 4. Where we actually WANT to clean up and inspect our pets poop.
  • Lohart15Lohart15 Posts: 1 New Member
    Heya! I had the exact same thing happen.. I've played this sim i have now, since Cats and dogs came out. I'm doing a sort of Rags to Rich challange. Happily enough I found one gold bar outside my house, made me super happy.. but then.. I went around to find some birds for my cat to chase, when suddenly.. I find a heap tone of gold bars, I mean literally just went around the whole neighborhood and found 68,000 simoleons worth of gold bars. I'm real happy but i find this an actual issue, it means raising money won't be time-consuming no more, It also doesn't give a sense of rarity fi they are just showing up constantly. I treat this as a bug that should be fixed! :/
  • A1050A1050 Posts: 1 New Member
    The same thing happened to me! (Except only one gold bar.) I came home after curing another dog from sickness, and then I see my little puppy pooping out a gold bar! I click on it and sell it and it was worth 6,006 simoleans!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The gold poop does increase the easiness level of moneymaking with stinky precision. One thing I don't understand is why there are treats that make your animals sick!
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    > @alan650111 said:
    > The gold poop does increase the easiness level of moneymaking with stinky precision. One thing I don't understand is why there are treats that make your animals sick!

Glad I'm not the only one to wonder about this. I actually am using this concept as part of a story I'm doing with a rags-to-riches vet challenge. My sim had to wrestle with the ethics of stocking treats that infect the pets. But still, it seems dodgy.
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    One thing I don't understand is why there are treats that make your animals sick!
    So you can get more money in the vet career! Stay with me here- animals get sick, the more symptoms the more money, so instead of waiting for pets to be sick YOU MAKE THEM SICK!! >:)>:):#
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    One thing I don't understand is why there are treats that make your animals sick!
    So you can get more money in the vet career! Stay with me here- animals get sick, the more symptoms the more money, so instead of waiting for pets to be sick YOU MAKE THEM SICK!! >:)>:):#

Like giving candy to a child as a dentist! >:)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ClaceLover246ClaceLover246 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @fungamer2 said:
    > My boxer pooped a rainbow one

so did my cat, can you do anything with them?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    > @fungamer2 said:
    > My boxer pooped a rainbow one

so did my cat, can you do anything with them?

Place them on display?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    So now I have to either get rid of the laser cleaning litter box, or keeping running my hands through it looking for gold!
  • Meguru_YukkiMeguru_Yukki Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey! This literally just happened to me, although the outcome was a little different. My sim was walking his dog as they randomly stopped, I looked down beneath their feet and found a pile of simmering bright yellow/gold pet poop. It turns out it was only worth $50, but I guess it's better than nothing. P.S. my sim is dirt poor and could've used a bit more money.
  • nufusimsnufusims Posts: 41 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > There are treats that you can get at the vet that do different things. Also, I bought a rainbow feather thingy for my cat to play with, and she poops rainbows.

omg I had no idea that's how! I've seen them in the debug items but have never had a pet actually poo them lol
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I always keep my eye open when playing in Brindleton Bay. The other day, I stumbled across a gold bar which a dog had pooped. I had my sim pick it up and gift it to another sim who wasn't as affluent.