March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4 Cats & Dogs worth it?

SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
I just wanted to know whether it's worth buying- what can you do with the pets, is it worth it?
I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
eM56lKI.png
Call me Sub

Is TS4 Cats & Dogs worth it? 286 votes

Yes!
54%
auroraael14icmnfrshJeanIcewolfalan650111missmani09GruffmanWitchirisMi9shaoscarVibseWritin_RegxoJessimcruddSimburianBrokenChaos69Cherryrose_xsimgirl1010friendlysimmerscchant86simlishtr 157 votes
No.
18%
GoodywoodCatlochrstal27Bagoas77link4566CinebarHayliaPaulOilbasedoleanderhadklaxChanty25gamekittenjonesboy22DegrassiGengeoffreypaTenchi2afullspiralDynvacatitude5SavvySimmieSimplyBrea 52 votes
Kinda.
26%
Cabelle1863KelleygirlelanorbretonlesliedarylCynnaAnmirlaMagdaleenaalexandreaSavorySagedrake_mccartyHaniieeJennyggSk8rblazeRockannieKLAlexiseizelbyJACKIEJOYFelicitySim2Sporecrua9 77 votes

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes!
    Well, value is in the eye of the beholder. I'd say it's worth the 40 USD. Others would say it's good but worth a smaller amount.

If you can wait, you should wait for a discount in the coming weeks just to save up. I was excited so I preordered. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yes!
    Since animals bring a whole new dimension to TS4, I'd say yes.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Yes!
    Yep. I cannot wait to become a vet.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes!
    I think it's worth it. Sure there are a few bugs and glitchy things but for the most part I am very satisfied and think it was worth the purchase price. I pre-ordered and paid €40. It was an early birthday gift to myself. My birthday isn't for another 10 days but I couldn't wait that long to play, ha.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, since I have this EP I'm able to play the whole day without feel bored! This EP worth totally!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Kinda.
    It looks a bit buggy for me to buy right this moment.

But I'm totally gonna get it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes!
    I think on sale it is. EPs go on sale pretty common of all the packs, so if you find a sale on one, use it. That way you'll have some money left for your next Sims purchase like two SPs or one GP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes!
    But, they really need to fix all the bugs.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    No.
    Lots of lacking features, can not even Kitty train kittens
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes!
    Yes - they did an amazing job on this pack. I really like it a lot.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HaniieeHaniiee Posts: 33 Member
    Kinda.
    I got Cats & Dogs cheaper using a voucher and I'm glad that I was able to do that. I think for the price there should have been a lot more content included.

There are only 2 bed types: small (round) and large (square). In previous versions there were mattress type beds, basket styles and outdoor kennels/houses.
    Also, there are only 3 or 4 toys (2 balls and 2 squeakers). What happened to tug toys, teddies and novelty hot dogs? I do like the toy baskets but my dog hardly uses it!

I am looking forward to setting up a vet clinic and create-a-pet was much better than I had anticipated.
  • RekatihwRekatihw Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes!
    If you complain about needy pets, just press CTRL+SHIFT+C then type testingcheats true, then shift click on the mailbox, then click alter needs, then do fill needs world, then repeat, but instead say disable world need decay
  • RekatihwRekatihw Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes!
    Also I didn't pay for it so I don't care
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    No.
    Haven't bought it yet as am still researching. Am likewise finding throughout the forums an enormous number of complaints/bug reports, lists of things former pets versions had but this does not, and general not living up to expectations. Yes, a lot of folks are deliriously happy, much of which seems to come from the cuteness factor. Will admit to being attracted to the new town and a fair bit of the build/buy, but am not parting with $40 to get just that. If I get it, it will be on a deeply cut sale.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Kinda.
    I haven’t fully explored the expansion yet, so I can’t give a solid yes or no. But I have noticed a couple of bugs which is really annoying (but whether that’s the patch or so I can’t say) Also I can’t decide whether I like the no motives available or not, I haven’t yet made up my mind.
    I definitely don’t like the loyal trait it makes them too needy and whiny.
    I haven’t yet explored the vet career.
    I love the cas items for pets and sims and I love the new option in pet cas.
    Adopting a cat was easy and making a dog in cas was fun.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited November 2017
    I do not play TS4 myself so I cannot give much of an opinion but after hearing that horses where omitted I did feel that to be a shame.

From what I have seen a lot of players have been having fun with the EP and some cute pets pictures are going around but it would have been greater had they included more than in TS3 such as the much suggested 'Farm Life' EP that probably won't be seen for a long time in the series if anything.

I do know that players have always enjoyed Pets in the past so I will not want to throw my opinions around too much but while I am here I do feel that the time would now be right to see pets, at least cats and dogs to start with in a base game and then add other animals in later EPs as a game progresses. The same could be said for Seasons and weather.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • 0Noqa0Noqa Posts: 36 Member
    Yes!
    Yeah I love to use the CAP !
    Check out my Sims 4 gallery for pets creations :3 " 0Noqa "
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Kinda.
    Well... I voted for "kinda" because at the moment I cannot see myself spending the full price on the pack.

Why? Because I miss too much. The pets are very cute and hit the perfect balance between being realistic and matching the cartoon style of the game - but: there are only cats and dogs, no other pets. That's a pity because in the past we always got a full pets pack. And furthermore: They say they wanted to focus on cats and dogs only because they wanted to do the best job ever on them - but there aren't even dog houses or proper pet beds? I also miss pet contests. We have objects to train our pets, why can't we have contests - something to train FOR? All in all the EP looks like it missed some chances.

Furthermore, the usual stuff: From what I've heard this pack seems to be quite buggy again. This is becoming an impudence. I'm not paying the full price for being a beta tester of an unfinished game. From this perspective it seems quite plausible to wait because this way I might get it on sale and some of the bugs might have been patched already.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No.
    I'm waiting. So many things are going wrong right now.
  • Superhigh11Superhigh11 Posts: 1 New Member
    No.
    Not for the hefty $50 price tag. I might buy it when it goes on sale, it will have to be at least 50% off.
    All I’ve read so far is that it is totally buggy and I feel like it’s lacking a lot.
    Com’on who just wants cats and dogs. What a waste of a potentially amazing game...

We’re being robbed again.
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    That make me laugh people that say it worth it, but that people should wait for a sale, it's contradictory, if it was worth it you wouldn't suggest people to wait for the pack to be cheaper.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Kinda.
    I’d have a hard time justifying purchasing it for the full $40. I was able to get it half off, which I felt was far more appropriate for the pack.
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    looking through the posts in this topic, most of the "no's" are from people who don't own the pack. Can we please hear more opinions from people who actually have it and don't like it?
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Yes!
    Yes! I'm happy with it. Besides the pets, the new world Brindleton Bay is gorgeous.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes!
    Falynios wrote: »
    looking through the posts in this topic, most of the "no's" are from people who don't own the pack. Can we please hear more opinions from people who actually have it and don't like it?

I have it and like it a lot.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top