Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[CC PILLOWS ARE DONE] cats and dogs pillows too flat?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
edited November 2017 in Build/Buy Custom Content
I know there are major complaints about these flat pillows for cats or dogs. I also find them very ugly as well. Why? Fly not a fluffy pillow with some nice patterns on them? At first i thought it was just a rug.. but at least it has some depth into it :p

I got the idea the next few days to make pet pillows, fluffy ones and upload them on my website. Would i make simmers here happy with that? What would you like to get most as pet pillows? Let me know, cause I am ready to create :D

As promised.. here are the new pillows in different patterns. If the pillow would be more poofy, it would have disturbing animations issues, so this is as far it can go. You can download it here

Fotoram.io_13.jpg

Fotoram.io_6.jpg

Fotoram.io_7.jpg
Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on

Comments

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I think people would love new pet pillows! My only suggestion is to be use a wide variety of different colors/patterns when you make them, if you can, because I think that would make people really happy. Also maybe do some different sized ones if you can? Just a thought ^.^
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    If you could, could you use the pillow stack from the Toddlers Stuff Pack and turn it into a pet bed?
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Converting TS2/TS3 pets beds to TS4 would be cool :smile:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »
    If you could, could you use the pillow stack from the Toddlers Stuff Pack and turn it into a pet bed?

That one is so high, the pets would disappear in them :p I will make a big pillow and see how far up i can get it, so that the animations wont be ruined.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I know there are major complaints about these flat pillows for cats or dogs. I also find them very ugly as well. Why? Fly not a fluffy pillow with some nice patterns on them? At first i thought it was just a rug.. but at least it has some depth into it :p

I got the idea the next few days to make pet pillows, fluffy ones and upload them on my website. Would i make simmers here happy with that? What would you like to get most as pet pillows? Let me know, cause I am ready to create :D

I agree with you. When I first saw them I didn't know what they were until I mouse'd (no pun intended) over them.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    What do you mean "pillow"? Are you referring to the pet beds?

If so, yes I agree they lack padding and look like rugs with edges.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I think they're really cute. I don't have an issue with them per say, my issue is that we lack variety. We should have a couple different pet beds, one more fluffier and a fancy one as well.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    My dog rarely uses it. He's got the smaller round one downstairs and the larger square one upstairs in the boys' room. Yet, he just flops somewhere. LOL Sometimes, he sleeps on his back just like my last Beagle did. Not sure if that's why I woke up a bit melancholy today or not. He's only been deceased for two months …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Well funny you should say that, I'm actually working on fixing the bed beds. This is how it is looking so far:
    tumblr_inline_ozbszxuOFf1tbtvjj_540.png

When/where will you be releasing these. I must know so i can insta download XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My some dog never uses her pet bed :neutral:
    giphy.gif
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    The beds look like pee pads, ppl use for small dogs. I can’t get past that thought, and never want them to lay on them.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I really don't understand why the devs didn't include more pet beds and dog houses when a bunch of CC makers could create them just a few days after release. :|
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Pet beds in the making!! Thanks for the feedback. I will show the picture as soon as I am done in this thread :) As well with the link ofcourse
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Someone did them here: http://coupurelectrique.blogspot.com/2017/11/functional-largesmall-beds-and-house.html

Both nicer pet beds and also functional dog houses....they work well:

tk16H05.png

YxKJVN2.jpg

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I really don't understand why the devs didn't include more pet beds and dog houses when a bunch of CC makers could create them just a few days after release. :|

I hate to tell you that you've just answered your own question. Why bother wasting resources that will cut into their bottom line when the community will do it for free?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    My pets haven't slept in the beds even one night. Even if I direct my dog to, he lays down, stand up and go sleep on the floor. I have to check it with the cat, but he doesn't use it by himself either.
    Still, these CC pet beds look really nice :)
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

Search the forums for a few minutes and you'll find page after page of discussion about this....it's been discussed ad nauseam.
    My pets haven't slept in the beds even one night. Even if I direct my dog to, he lays down, stand up and go sleep on the floor. I have to check it with the cat, but he doesn't use it by himself either.
    Still, these CC pet beds look really nice :)

I think so too, the look is just cute and nice even if my pets wont use them :p
    I like the look of a nice pet pillow somewhere in a room or behind the bed :)
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I don't use CC or Mods, but my dogs and cats don't use the beds either, the food looks weird also, like the ball pit. I have but don't play toddlers so I have seen it in videos. as far as dog houses if you really want one just build one in your yard, put some toy boxes in there and I am sure they will go in once in a while, I have had dogs all my life (and it has been a long one) but never had a dog house or cage, my house is their house, thus the dog door. Dog houses can be a cruel if you make it that way, they need heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer.....
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

Search the forums for a few minutes and you'll find page after page of discussion about this....it's been discussed ad nauseam.

Because money is what drives all decisions at EA. We'll have a stuff pack at some point for cats and dogs with nice, fluffy pet beds.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I just noticed when last playing that a cat "jumped off" of a pet bed, as if it was a padded thing or raised a bit off the floor. I think maybe that means that they are supposed to be padded but something went wrong with the graphic portion of the design.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I stopped using pet beds in ts3, cos my pets always seemed to find some other place to sleep. So it doesn't bother me that these pet 'beds' in ts4 are just rugs with edges. I won't ever used them.

I do feel sorry for people who like a pet bed though. Especially those who do not like using cc. You're kinda stuck :(