Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console will not have photography

Sim Guru Duke has confirmed that that game will not be including photography as base game dlc like it has just unlocked with the pc version.
We will not have it at launch. Once PC finishes we can start work on bringing changes across to console. We will bring those updates though]

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruDuke/status/928142954119573504

Comments

• FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member

As far as I can see, there are a lot of issues with the new patch, who are not related to CC/Mods. So I hope, it will be fixed, when it comes to the console. But of course I would lie, if I would say I'm not impatient :p
    Just hope, they work fast.... o:)
    Until then, I will concentrate on the build mode.
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Im still suprised at the fact they made an ep skill into a basegame skill. How random :smile:
    edited November 2017
    Deleted
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They presumably did it because a future pack will require photography as a skill whether you have GTW or not.

Also, don't we all want to take photos of our pets and paint them?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m not surprised photography is now base game. It makes sense when you consider cats and dogs give people the option to simstsgram pet and would be odd to have the ability to take pics of your pets but not your sims if you didn’t have GTW.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Sim Guru Duke has confirmed that that game will not be including photography as base game dlc like it has just unlocked with the pc version.
    We will not have it at launch. Once PC finishes we can start work on bringing changes across to console. We will bring those updates though]

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruDuke/status/928142954119573504

That will probably be in the First Patch for the console whenever it comes out. I suspect December.
    I’m not surprised photography is now base game. It makes sense when you consider cats and dogs give people the option to simstsgram pet and would be odd to have the ability to take pics of your pets but not your sims if you didn’t have GTW.

It will be in the console before long just not at launch.

Does this include selfies sims take on their phones too? I cant remember

Does this include selfies sims take on their phones too? I cant remember

Yes.

Now take pics together under friendly will be in the base game but not were they take a picture together with the phone or camera. The one under friendly you can't hang the pics. The ones that will be added later you click on the camera you buy or you can go into your phone. Those will let you hang them up.

That’s what I said in my original post.
    Hopefully photography will arrive soon for console.
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
    shotbyron wrote: »
    I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not

The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.
    > @MidnightAura said:
    > shotbyron wrote: »
    >
    > I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.

I watched some youtube videos on it. Really hope this is added soon. As a professional photographer, nothing I want more in this game ha. I'd love to build a studio, have gallery parties etc
    > @MidnightAura said:
    >
    > I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.

I watched some youtube videos on it. Really hope this is added soon. As a professional photographer, nothing I want more in this game ha. I'd love to build a studio, have gallery parties etc

Well don't get me wrong, the option to take pictures on cell phones has been added to the pc base game and Sim guru Duke has said the console will get it eventually? Maybe once the pc has finished?

I do like the photography skill on the pc version.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Im still suprised at the fact they made an ep skill into a basegame skill. How random :smile:

Yes, but the photo studio is still exclusive to GTW. (thankfully)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    > @MidnightAura said:
    >
    > > @MidnightAura said:
    > > shotbyron wrote: »
    > >
    > > I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.
    >
    > I watched some youtube videos on it. Really hope this is added soon. As a professional photographer, nothing I want more in this game ha. I'd love to build a studio, have gallery parties etc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well don't get me wrong, the option to take pictures on cell phones has been added to the pc base game and Sim guru Duke has said the console will get it eventually? Maybe once the pc has finished?
    >
    > I do like the photography skill on the pc version.

Yeah I'm annoyed at the fact console users can't even do cell phone pictures. Hopefully soon
    > @MidnightAura said:
    >
    > > @MidnightAura said:
    > > shotbyron wrote: »
    > >
    > > I haven't touched the Sims in like a month. Them adding Dine out and hopefully soon the photography skill, might get me interested again. Is there a pack or expansion that lets you do photography as a career? Would be even better if we could design a studio and what not
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The Get to Work expansion adds the photography skill and the photography studio object. Sadly though it’s not a career.
    >
    > I watched some youtube videos on it. Really hope this is added soon. As a professional photographer, nothing I want more in this game ha. I'd love to build a studio, have gallery parties etc
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well don't get me wrong, the option to take pictures on cell phones has been added to the pc base game and Sim guru Duke has said the console will get it eventually? Maybe once the pc has finished?
    >
    > I do like the photography skill on the pc version.

Yeah I'm annoyed at the fact console users can't even do cell phone pictures. Hopefully soon

Hopefully in the January Console Update.
  • icchigo13icchigo13 Posts: 5 New Member
    How do you open the taking photo option on the ps4? It keeps randomly open the camera to take a photo and it won't let me close it all the time it just gety stuck in camera mode and impose hours of game play. Please help me
    icchigo13 wrote: »
    How do you open the taking photo option on the ps4? It keeps randomly open the camera to take a photo and it won't let me close it all the time it just gety stuck in camera mode and impose hours of game play. Please help me

There isn't one as far as I know as we don't yet have the photography skill. If you've seen one then I don't know.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    icchigo13 wrote: »

The share button allows you to return back to the game.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon