Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on Cats And Dogs

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Marktn wrote: »
    There are new paintings that Sims can paint with cats and dogs being the theme of them.

Aha! I thought I hadn't seen this one before - it's a medium pop art one:

K3LlJwL.png

I have extra easels on my museum lots and every time I visit some random sim had painted a pic. I'm going to add easels to the museum in BB and see if I get any of those new paintings. Has anyone seen them for sale at the festivals?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Did you know that pets can apparently be eaten by the cow plant? Someone on facebook had that happen to their cat.

OMG, I wonder if they can die from it? I know they said pets can only die of old age, but maybe this is a glitch or slipped past. I hope so because it would make for interesting stories. If it is a glitch I hope they don't patch it.

Oh my gosh I didn't know the cowplant could eat pets.

Did you know dogs and cats can and will attack Sims autonomously?
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2017
    Did you know that the pets can act as therapets? My tense sim just pet his dog and it made him feel better. I wonder if it works for sad sims too?

That's cool. I'll have to see if I can get my sim in a sad mood. :)

This came up when my sim was sad!
    o5yujb.png

Edit: I just noticed a 'throw fake ball' option. That's such a shame :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LyzphionLyzphion Posts: 7 New Member
    Did you know that your dog gets fuller when they're expecting pups?
    Some weren't sure about this but they sure do!
    The dogs (and cats!) also will start panting and pacing around the house. Plus, not sure about this, the dogs (maybe cats?) will also be more defensive about their food!

I have pictures but oh man I can't post yet ;-;
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Lyzphion wrote: »
    Did you know that your dog gets fuller when they're expecting pups?
    Some weren't sure about this but they sure do!
    The dogs (and cats!) also will start panting and pacing around the house. Plus, not sure about this, the dogs (maybe cats?) will also be more defensive about their food!

I have pictures but oh man I can't post yet ;-;

You can upload them to an image hosting service and link to the pictures on there. I use imgbb.com (it's free).
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Did you know that the pets can act as therapets? My tense sim just pet his dog and it made him feel better. I wonder if it works for sad sims too?
    It does! I used it when my sims mom (elder) passed away. All the grandkids and her son gave All three family dogs a lot of love and then her dog died... :-(
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited November 2017
    Did you know; The lazer pointer you use to play with your cats, changes colors based off your sims mood!
    If your sim is feeling happy, its green, if your sim is flirty, its pink! :D and so forth.
    Bu0FLKS.png
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    jswizzlejswizzle Posts: 64 Member
    edited November 2017
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but did you know that if you have the dog door that is used for large dogs that the toddlers can use them to go outside? I left the puppy out there to play on his own for a bit and my toddler just walked out the doggy door and down the stairs to imitate him.

ETA: Sorry, I know it's not the best picture, but I figured I'd try to include one in the post. :)
    https://imgur.com/a/peGmO
  • Options
    Marlo632Marlo632 Posts: 5 New Member
    Well.. one of my dogs just ran away.. great.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Ghosts can possess pet toys!!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Did You Know there is a new fish bowl? Suprising no one showed it.

Did You Know sims and pets take a boat to the lighthouse?

Did You Know just Dogs and Cats can use the boat to get to the lighthouse?
    1) Does anyone have a picture of the fish bowl? I've only seen the new aquarium.

2) Aren't the other two points contradictory? (And I know Sims should be able to go to the lighthouse because it's the new woohoo spot.)

Those points are not contradictory, there are the same, one says pets and the other says Dogs and Cats.

No, they are contradictory, you have to read.....one says sims and pets and the other says "JUST dogs and cats".......
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Did you know that pets can apparently be eaten by the cow plant? Someone on facebook had that happen to their cat.

OMG, I wonder if they can die from it? I know they said pets can only die of old age, but maybe this is a glitch or slipped past. I hope so because it would make for interesting stories. If it is a glitch I hope they don't patch it.

Oh my gosh I didn't know the cowplant could eat pets.

Did you know dogs and cats can and will attack Sims autonomously?

I didn't either, that was a cool one to find out :smile: . Haha, thats cool about attacking sims autonomously :smiley: .
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Marktn wrote: »
    There are new paintings that Sims can paint with cats and dogs being the theme of them.

Aha! I thought I hadn't seen this one before - it's a medium pop art one:

K3LlJwL.png

There are quite a few in almost all categories.
  • Options
    Alyza_1Alyza_1 Posts: 311 Member
    Can anyone tell me why my dogs are always in orange? They have been to the vet and received the shot and they seem to be healthy.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Alyza_1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why my dogs are always in orange? They have been to the vet and received the shot and they seem to be healthy.

Maybe they are tired or need to go out to potty?
  • Options
    OctopusSandwichOctopusSandwich Posts: 4 New Member
    I keep locking doors to keep only pets out and only cats out but they still keep getting out and getting bit by squirrels and sprayed by skunks. How do I keep them indoors only?
  • Options
    ValdescaValdesca Posts: 20 Member
    > @Mettsen said:
    > Did you know that pet plants can be found around BB?
    >
    > There's:
    >
    > Catnip - makes your pet energetic.
    >
    > Napnip - calms down your pet.
    >
    > Nuzzlenip - makes your pet frisky.
    >
    > My Sim harvested each of those and have planted them on her lot.

WHERE i cant find them , there are on new world only? thanks in advance
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @Alyza_1 it's a bug you get from taking your pet to the vet and getting a shot, unfortunately is leaves a bad moonlit for them and it won't go away. :/

Here is how to fix it for now.

Dojan wrote: »
    > @LammashtaOtaku said:
    > I have tried resetting the dog but it didn't fix the issue. Is there any other cheat to disable negative moodlets? Even though they're not visible on pets, I bet the issue is being caused by a hidden uncomfortable moodlet.

You gave me an idea, so I gave it a shot, and I did find a workable solution. I posted it in the answer HQ but I can copy-paste it here.

---

To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.

1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975

What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.

This will clear all the moodlets from your pet and they'll stop whining. Hopefully they'll fix this soon though.

• Options
    sexierjess17sexierjess17 Posts: 147 Member
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this..

But small dogs will crawl under the chair to go to the other side. And its so cute!
  • Options
    Alyza_1Alyza_1 Posts: 311 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    @Alyza_1 it's a bug you get from taking your pet to the vet and getting a shot, unfortunately is leaves a bad moonlit for them and it won't go away. :/

Here is how to fix it for now.

Dojan wrote: »
    > @LammashtaOtaku said:
    > I have tried resetting the dog but it didn't fix the issue. Is there any other cheat to disable negative moodlets? Even though they're not visible on pets, I bet the issue is being caused by a hidden uncomfortable moodlet.

You gave me an idea, so I gave it a shot, and I did find a workable solution. I posted it in the answer HQ but I can copy-paste it here.

---

To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.

1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975

What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.

This will clear all the moodlets from your pet and they'll stop whining. Hopefully they'll fix this soon though.

Thank you!!!
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    So being a good & responsible pet owner, my Sim had her cats all spayed. Imagine my surprise when I get the announcement that 1 of my cats is in labour! She delivered a healthy baby boy.
  • Options
    angelw744angelw744 Posts: 19 Member
    Anyone had an adventurous female pet yet? Mine disappeared on a few adventures and a few days later went into labour!!! . FYI no other cats on my lot and I didn't encourage her to mate with any strays on the lot. Never laughed so much in my life
  • Options
    MatchacakeMatchacake Posts: 6 New Member
    Did you know that (at least) cats can get several kittens at once? I was kinda shocked when my lovely cat went into labour and I had 3 name popups.
    Guess my sim is living the crazy cat lady dream now!
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Valdesca wrote: »
    > @Mettsen said:
    > Did you know that pet plants can be found around BB?
    >
    > There's:
    >
    > Catnip - makes your pet energetic.
    >
    > Napnip - calms down your pet.
    >
    > Nuzzlenip - makes your pet frisky.
    >
    > My Sim harvested each of those and have planted them on her lot.

WHERE i cant find them , there are on new world only? thanks in advance

I found the three bushes in the neighbourhood my sim lives in in Brindleton Bay. She lives in the lower left neighbourhood.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    So being a good & responsible pet owner, my Sim had her cats all spayed. Imagine my surprise when I get the announcement that 1 of my cats is in labour! She delivered a healthy baby boy.

Are you sure that cat was spayed?