Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So ever since the latest patch (on November 7) was released, Sims have been wearing these strange, all but ridiculous outfits at nightclubs. I immediately made a bug report about this; I didn't care much about these outfits being worn at festivals as there was an easy fix and I didn't visit festivals that much anyway, but to have these outfits be worn by our own Sims at nightclubs, I really did not like that. So I was entirely sure that this was a bug - after all, every Sim was forced to wear strange hats and glasses and they simply looked utterly ridiculous. However, I was then told that this was actually "by design." I don't mind townies walking around in strange clothes, but premades and our own Sims actually have outfits assigned to them in CAS, so WHY are they forced to wear these clothes? Why can't they just wear their assigned outfits instead of these ones, which I think I can say with certainty nobody asked for nor wants?

Here's the bug report on EA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weirdly-dress-NPCs-at-festivals-night-clubs-parties/td-p/6403878

I'm quite angered by the fact that these outfits are "by design," as I DON'T want to see my own Sims walk around in such ridiculous clothes. I was told that since this isn't a bug, I should post my opinion about this in the feedback section. So my opinion here is: please, for the love of god, let Sims wear the outfits we assigned for them at nightclubs but also any other venue, instead of these situational outfits with forced hats and glasses that look like circus wear. Why do we even have the option to assign outfits to our Sims if they aren't going to be used?

oGBJvDQ.png

I'd much rather my Sim (the guy on the left) look like this...
b7n6yho.png
...than this, which is what he initially showed up. I had to let my Sim ask to see his assigned party outfit to change it.
YqWx9O3.png

EDIT: A SimGuru has confirmed that this was not actually intentional, and they are currently working on a fix where Sims show up in party outfits at nightclubs.

ANOTHER LATE EDIT (sorry for being so horribly lazy with keeping this post up to date): The issue where Sims wore ridiculous outfits at nightclubs and parties was fixed in the last patch (Dec. 12); Sims should now be wearing their assigned party outfits. Romance festivals outfits also don't look as horrible anymore, but there are still Simmers not happy about the fact that their Sims' outfits are changed at all (for the Romance festival).
Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
Post edited by Firande on

Comments

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    ABSOLUTELY !!!

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    You said there is an easy fix for the weird outfits at festival. What is that fix?
  • GenesizGenesiz Posts: 4 New Member
    I wanted to edit my last post because of typos but I can't. So I'll say it here. It is ridiculous and I just want to dress my sims the way I want them to dress.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    You said there is an easy fix for the weird outfits at festival. What is that fix?

If you have MC Command Center, there's a setting to make sure Sims wear their normal everyday clothes at festivals. I haven't put MCC back into my game after the patch broke it so I'm not sure, but I sure hope that I can use MCC to change these outfits at nightclubs too. But like others have said, I'm very disappointed that we need modders at all to make our Sims look actually decent. :expressionless:

fgQIHTb.png
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    thank you for creating the thread, @lottevdbrug.

i've brought this up recently and was told that it was by design, that it was how NPCs always behaved when the game spawned them. well. all i can say is, i take my Sims to the same venue almost daily (storyline rules, ha) and never before this patch have i seen this ubiquitous hat-glasses combo on everyone. i don't understand why the game has to generate an extra outfit. it seems like more (unnecessary) work.

many of my unplayed households meet my active Sims there, so i certainly remember the outfits i chose for them. also, since i only own the base game and the Fitness SP, you can imagine it gets boring in there soon. i'd rather avoid a "how dare you wear the same feather hat as me?" fight.

thank you.
    i obviously don't like/want to spam other threads so i posted this one to my activity feed. maybe other people might want to do the same? :)
  • Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    I was unaware that the recent change to my sims' nightclub apparel was supposedly "by design". I'm not sure what the intention of this design feature is - all of my sims are assigned the party clothes that I feel suit their characters when I create them in CAS. I'd prefer that those options were used. I'm a storyteller, and tend to take a lot of screenshots, so I find the current mess of jumbled clothing rather annoying - it's not realistic, and doesn't fit the stories I'm trying to tell. Even in the background, it's highly distracting.

The festival glitch seemed to be just that - a glitch. Now it seems that not only were the festival outfits intentional, this feature will continue to spread throughout our games. I can't say I'm happy about this. I definitely agree with @lottevdbrug that this change should be reconsidered, and preferably reverted.

Once MCCC has been stabilized, it seems that I will be reinstalling it!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The only time sims should wear unusual outfits, is when you have a costume party.

Festivals in my game seem to have most of the attendees wearing CC floral head decorations. It kinda looks ok for the romance festival, but for all the others its just silly.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    i'm not happy about it either! it's been said that "outfits at the parties/nightclubs are by design. Strange outfits at festivals may still be an issue."
    (i would expect more strangeness at festivals than at pubs/clubs/etc., to be honest.)
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I really hate the clothes that came with City Life. It looks like circus clothes, they are lowed and ugly. Every time I get one of these festivals, I get a bunch of townies wearing this stuff and I have to delete them, but now I can't delete them because my houses won't load if I do.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I've just completed an experimental play session and the same thing happened: odd outfits, hats, glasses. Not every sim that came into the club, but about half, and it was a mix of townies and members of Maxis made households. Candy Behr was one of the victims and her distressed expression seemed to be saying "Why am I in this silly outfit I don't even own?" Nancy Landgraab was another of them, and she is in the wacko outfit even after the club incident as I've seen her in it every time she's walked by my sim's house. It appears that the problem is more extensive than first thought: Club was not in Windenburg, at least 1 adult was affected-not just young adults, the effects are not limited to the club. No mods, CC limited to 3 windows and a door, no C&D. Am highly displeased with this latest foul-up, especially since it's intentional. Whoever made that stupid decision ought to be severely chastised.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    The only time sims should wear unusual outfits, is when you have a costume party.

Festivals in my game seem to have most of the attendees wearing CC floral head decorations. It kinda looks ok for the romance festival, but for all the others its just silly.

i would prefer we would rather get the option to assign EVERY clothing type to a sim, including costumes they should wear, career outfits too

i don't get it
    how on the one hand we have a highly praised CAS where the player can assign every piece of clothing to every other category, which is a huge leap in options from what TS3's CAS offered without mods
    & the transgender patch brought even more options for the player to assign clothing
    but
    then on the other hand comes this CL festivals mess & indeed spreads like a disease now even in every game
    this festival clothing scramble is probably my MAIN REASON why i didn't want to buy CL, because the look of sims in TS4 is one of the main remaining attractions in this game after so many limitations included
    so no, i don't get it

but if the devs now just drop all of this & go even more into randomness with random clothing assignments on purpose - then this game becomes just unplayable

they remove with this "FEATURE" yet another reason for players to play TS4

i still suspect this is just a bug & the info that it's intentional game design is just a misinformation
    the game was improved in some points with the patches
    i hope for the sake of the remains of TS4's appeal this is just a misinformation & purely a bug the devs are so far unable to straighten out since a year, since CL

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    I've just completed an experimental play session and the same thing happened: odd outfits, hats, glasses. Not every sim that came into the club, but about half, and it was a mix of townies and members of Maxis made households. Candy Behr was one of the victims and her distressed expression seemed to be saying "Why am I in this silly outfit I don't even own?" Nancy Landgraab was another of them, and she is in the wacko outfit even after the club incident as I've seen her in it every time she's walked by my sim's house. It appears that the problem is more extensive than first thought: Club was not in Windenburg, at least 1 adult was affected-not just young adults, the effects are not limited to the club. No mods, CC limited to 3 windows and a door, no C&D. Am highly displeased with this latest foul-up, especially since it's intentional. Whoever made that plum decision ought to be severely chastised.

What struck me was that townies didn't seem to be affected as much as premades and my own Sims. I'm not sure if this is actually true, though. And yeah, I also noticed that Sims who showed up in these outfits at nightclubs/parties didn't lose said outfits. They showed up in the same hideous outfits at the gym later on. Ugh.

I can't imagine how after the whole deal with those darned festival outfits they still thought well hey surely they'll love to see the same ridiculous outfits at nightclubs and parties! I honestly can't believe how anyone could have thought that. Like @Rukola_Schaaf wrote, I also just cannot believe that this was actually intentional. I simply can't believe it. That's why I really hope for one of the SimGurus to clear things up, either here on the forums or on EA's site.

fgQIHTb.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I don't mind wacky or 🐸🐸🐸🐸 looking outfits, my own choices for my sims would be considered a crime against fashion by many.
    What I mind is the game trying to ursurp control and override my intentional decisions. Even if the devs were the most fashion-savy people on earth, I just don't want their preferences forced on my world. Hands off my sims, both playable and townies!
    edited November 2017
    What struck me was that townies didn't seem to be affected as much as premades and my own Sims.

definitely! as an example, i see the same group of not-in-world townies + self-created and housed Sims at The Blue Velvet every Sim day. my own unplayed Sims are affected, 99% of the time. new outfits every time they show up. maybe not completely different but something always changes. the townies, so far, have been spared. they still have their own clothes, as before the patch, both YA and adult ones.

and thank you, @Cinebar!

(edit: not bad. at least it's colour-coordinated. ha.)
    Post edited by fewlines on
    edited November 2017
    soon they will all belong to the Cult of the Feather Hat...

we could ask for a new interaction: "ask about horrid outfit."

(edit: whyyy.)
    fewlines wrote: »
    soon they will all belong to the Cult of the Feather Hat...

we could ask for a new interaction: "ask about horrid outfit."

(edit: whyyy.)

Hahahaha oh god... it's tragic, is what it is. Tragic. That new interaction thing had me laugh out loud, though. :joy:

@Cinebar Thank you! You have no idea how much I had to contain myself while writing this post lol. That's why I initially hoped that someone else who'd read the bug report would create this discussion, as I was afraid I'd word things waaayyy too strongly.

fgQIHTb.png