Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs or as I like to call it "Bugs Galore"

Honestly, I don't even know where to begin anymore. I'm so disappointed and angry and kind of want my money back. I was really looking forward to cats and dogs, but it has more or less made my game unplayable now.

First and foremost: I have no mods or CC of any kind installed. Everything is vanilla.

The cats and dogs are constantly unwell, they're not learning anything (honestly, the dog still doesn't know where to pee?). The vet career is so buggy I can't play it, with customers getting stuck in an infinite loop where I heal their animal (after it has gotten off the table about ten times and I had to manually ask it to go back), and instead of paying and leaving they just hang around, slowly decreasing their rating because of the wait time, with me being unable to do anything useful because their animal is already healed.

Adopting an animal is hit and miss, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Meanwhile, there are strays everywhere! I don't know about you guys but when I'm thinking pets, I'm not exactly envisioning a world of poor, unkempt and unloved animals. I wish there was some way of controlling this. One or two strays are fine, but there are literally twenty or so just in my neighbourhood.

Oh and my sims have just lost it now. They keep aborting actions, instead doing something random I didn't want. I had to switch off autonomy just so they don't roam all over the place. Pick up the pet? Sure, let me slowly wander to the other side of the map, while the pet is sitting somewhere completely different. It's like I'm back in a world where Sims are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and incapable of doing anything. I thought those times were behind us.

Yes, Create a Pet is awesome, but if I can't then play with them, it's ultimately pointless. Actually at this point, even playing with my sims is pointless because they are so buggy. Thanks EA for making me pay through my nose to break my game. This is the last thing I buy, I'm done with this nonsense!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

With the number of strays, you could try changing the lot traits so that the lots aren’t cat or dog friendly.

With the vet clinic, perhaps try having your sim sell the clinic then repurchase it, and that may help.

It may also help to have your sim run a different vet clinic. There may be a problem with the particular vet clinic your sim is running, it it is player made.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    This is so Weird - I'm not having a single problem with my game at all. It runs beautifully. In fact my two daughter -in- laws have been playing non- stop all day and even remarked they love the fixes in the game and how amazing it runs. My oldest daughter -in-law has already almost maxed the vet career and has 5 rooms of vet tables along with 4 other vets and several other employees.

Could it be your pc perhaps. All three of us are running on an 8 core gaming desk tops with 16 gigs of ram. One of the girls was using a laptop and had some issues ( she did not say what the issues were) but thought it was an issue with the 64 bit requirement, so she went on her desktop and all issues ceased.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    I spayed my at and she still got pregnant. If thats not a bug I dont know what is....
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Hey Rose, thank you for the incredibly helpful tips. I did everything you said and now it is borderline running. Some of the issues are still there (why is my cat constantly scared, even though it is not skittish?) and there are still waaaay too many strays, but in general, it is playable.
    Thanks again for the help, also to everyone else who replied.
  • elram76elram76 Posts: 61 Member
    @yolee I also had the same thing happen.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hey Rose, thank you for the incredibly helpful tips. I did everything you said and now it is borderline running. Some of the issues are still there (why is my cat constantly scared, even though it is not skittish?) and there are still waaaay too many strays, but in general, it is playable.

Did you take your cat to the Vet? The buff is supposed to go away but isn't. You can fix that with cheats for now: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16151546#Comment_16151546

For the strays, you can reduce that around a lot you're on by removing a couple of lot traits. I think it's Dog Friendly and Cat Friendly.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I'm so sad, was so excited for this exp and it's ruined my game lol t.t now i CAN finally load a household but cannot pick up pets or adopt pets. fml
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm so sad, was so excited for this exp and it's ruined my game lol t.t now i CAN finally load a household but cannot pick up pets or adopt pets. fml

Picking up pets is a CC issue. Most CC can now be updated in Sims 4 Studio. The adoption may also be CC, for some people.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited November 2017

You’re welcome :)
    This AHQ EA thread has a workaround for the issue of pets being scared . You may like to post feedback there also,
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Cats-and-Dogs-permanently-scared-after-vet-check-up/m-p/6411877#M50114
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    I LOST ALL MY PERK POINTS IN MY RESTAURANT AND ART GALLEY....16k+ EACH. Repairing the game doesnt help. I WANT MY POINTS BACK NOW OR A FULL REFUND>
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Litter boxes!! My cat wants a clean litter box, even though I have the automatic ones and I have to sell/buy because the only thing my sim can do is put it in her inventory! I even tried the regular litter box. Anyone else?
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
    Goth583 wrote: »
    Litter boxes!! My cat wants a clean litter box, even though I have the automatic ones and I have to sell/buy because the only thing my sim can do is put it in her inventory! I even tried the regular litter box. Anyone else?

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Will do.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • PandabobaPandaboba Posts: 4 New Member
    The only bug I've run into after I installed Cats and Dogs, is that all the relationships my sims have had are all gone, besides for the pets. Even family members don't remember each other, and if the family member wasn't on the lot when the game loaded, the sim was forgotten completely.
    Pandaboba wrote: »
    The only bug I've run into after I installed Cats and Dogs, is that all the relationships my sims have had are all gone, besides for the pets. Even family members don't remember each other, and if the family member wasn't on the lot when the game loaded, the sim was forgotten completely.

Hello
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game, that may still have the relationships there. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • NoVacancyHereNoVacancyHere Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, so I'm having an issue but nobody seems so have the same problem. When my sim tries to use the vet exam table, they do the same animation as when they can't reach an object, even if it is in the middle of the lot. I can't play normally either because vets can't work normally and won't treat pets, please somebody answer. I already tried deleting all my cc
    Hey, so I'm having an issue but nobody seems so have the same problem. When my sim tries to use the vet exam table, they do the same animation as when they can't reach an object, even if it is in the middle of the lot. I can't play normally either because vets can't work normally and won't treat pets, please somebody answer. I already tried deleting all my cc

Hello
    I am sorry that are having this issue .
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues remain, try selling the vet clinic. Then have your sim buy it back again and see if that helps.
    [quote="rosemow;c-16157657"][quote="NoVacancyHere;c-16157643"]Hey, so I'm having an issue but nobody seems so have the same problem. When my sim tries to use the vet exam table, they do the same animation as when they can't reach an object, even if it is in the middle of the lot. I can't play normally either because vets can't work normally and won't treat pets, please somebody answer. I already tried deleting all my cc[/quote]

Hello

If the issues remain, try selling the vet clinic. Then have your sim buy it back again and see if that helps.[/quote]

Already tried it all, repairing it, installing it again, deleting all of my mods. I can't play the game normally because even vets can't work, the surgery station works normally but the vet table seems to be the problem
  • SavouryBobcatSavouryBobcat Posts: 3 New Member
    Anyone else having the issue of customers not even walking in the front door of a user created vet clinic? Spent 3 days building a dream vet clinic, moved my people in, and opened for business.
    The animal patients will walk in to the clinic and hang out in the lobby but the owner Sim will not. Tried calling the Sim over to see if maybe my door was messed up and they came in to the lobby but never checked in. Just stood there.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

If the issues remain, try selling the vet clinic. Then have your sim buy it back again and see if that helps.

Already tried it all, repairing it, installing it again, deleting all of my mods. I can't play the game normally because even vets can't work, the surgery station works normally but the vet table seems to be the problem

Try selling the vet table and buying a new one. Don’t change the colour of it, just use the first, default version, then see if that helps.
    [quote="SavouryBobcat;c-16157692"]Anyone else having the issue of customers not even walking in the front door of a user created vet clinic? Spent 3 days building a dream vet clinic, moved my people in, and opened for business.
    The animal patients will walk in to the clinic and hang out in the lobby but the owner Sim will not. Tried calling the Sim over to see if maybe my door was messed up and they came in to the lobby but never checked in. Just stood there.
    [/quote]

Bumping my own question
    Anyone else having the issue of customers not even walking in the front door of a user created vet clinic? Spent 3 days building a dream vet clinic, moved my people in, and opened for business.

Bumping my own question

Hello

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    So it seems that there is a weird bug with the placement of the check in kiosk. I put it next to a row of counters and customers wouldn’t walk in the door to use it. Placed it outside of the clinic and they interacted with it. Now I have it sitting in the middle of my lobby (not aesthetically pleasing but it’s the only thing that works so whatever). Sims literally will NOT use it if it is anywhere near the counters I placed. Seems really weird. Repaired the game, sold the clinic and rebought. I even demolished the walls in the front of the clinic thinking maybe the enterance was the issue. Nope. Just the placement of the kiosk. Kind of ridiculous.
    Yeah, tried it all and more. Vets just won't work, guess I'll wait until they solve it on an update
    Yeah, tried it all and more. Vets just won't work, guess I'll wait until they solve it on an update

I am sorry that you are having these issues :( Try placing the vet tables in different positions in the rooms and see if that may help.