Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to tell a cc item what mesh it's supposed to use? (Or what is this problem?)

naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
I hope this isn't difficult to understand.

I have a cc file that is a recolor of a base game shirt. The CC I am talking about is located here: http://www.sims-artists.fr/12.42.131.creation-293.polo-bi-color.html

However, I don't think that shirt knows what it's supposed to be recoloring as it's completely blank when I open it in S4S and in-game. It just makes the top of my sim invisible.

Does anyone know what I would need to do to fix this in S4S or specifically what could be causing this problem?
Thank you for any information.

I just made a new CC file with S4S and added the textures/etc to that on my own. Not sure what else to do or if there was an easier way. If there is, Id like to know what I could have done to fix it for future reference.
Post edited by naomeh on

Comments

• aloadaialoadai Posts: 51 Member
    I downloaded this file to see. It's only a recolor, but for some reason the LODs for the recolor are sooo much lower than the original? LOD0 has vertices of 45 and polygons of 52 and the one in game has LOD0 of 2250 vertices and 3508 polygons. Huge difference. That might be a reason the polo wasn't showing up.
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited August 2017
    aloadai wrote: »
    I downloaded this file to see. It's only a recolor, but for some reason the LODs for the recolor are sooo much lower than the original? LOD0 has vertices of 45 and polygons of 52 and the one in game has LOD0 of 2250 vertices and 3508 polygons. Huge difference. That might be a reason the polo wasn't showing up.

Do you know what ordinarily I'd do to fix that? I'm new to all of this.
    Thank you for your elaboration of what the problem is though!
  • aloadaialoadai Posts: 51 Member
    @naomeh

Well it's their cc so if something is wrong, you should let them know
    I guess just do what you originally did, copy the recolors onto the base game mesh in S4S
    Or export the base game mesh's LODs and import it into the recolor's LODs and see if that fixes it
    Glad to help!
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    @aloadai Okay. Thank you so much! :)
  • sim4jamiesim4jamie Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a sort of similar problem. I'm writing it here because I can't create new post for some reason.

I downloaded a custom sim from youtube.com/watch?v=iv9kT9vUVYA. It's a zip file of many components (mesh and skins). When I import this custom sim from library when creating new sim, the game tells me that some items are missing. I can see that some clothes and hair are missing when I view the sim's various occasions (ie. casual, formal...etc) and the sim is bald and undressed.

Is there some sort of program that can view a custom sim and tell me all the items the custom sim is using ad which items I'm missing?

Thanks.