This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

So any plans for an "emergency" patch?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    I expect that there will be a second emergency patch, for the 102/122 error that seems to be related to Sim deletion and for the My Households count including a hidden household of dead Sims that it isn't meant to be including. Saves are being collected for the 102/122 error. If you have a save with that error, send it to @SimGuruNick.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    moonmaidenmoonmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    My game is now full of bugs too. Even after removing CC. It's unfortunate because we were all so hype for this pack for such a long time. But hopefully EA is able to fix it!
    TS4 Gallery: moonmaiden17
    Discord: moonmaiden#1752
  • Options
    moonmaidenmoonmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    Also I never had any buggy issues like this before C&D :disappointed:
    TS4 Gallery: moonmaiden17
    Discord: moonmaiden#1752
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,589 Member
    I'm not too pleased to hear about the Vampire bug. I've been playing brand new, completely vanilla Sims 4 since I took out my mods, saves, tray, videos and screenshots folders, and deleted all of the cache files, so luckily, I haven't had a chance to try out my Vampire households with the pack yet. I'm sort of in a "trial" run with the pack to see how it goes, also giving me time to sort through all of my mods and CC (way too many!) and I definitely have a PC system that is beyond the recommended specs. I've only played a few hours so far, going to have a session today, since I have the time. So far everything has been really smooth, but then again, I'm playing with a fresh start and not with my big saves. I'm going to keep an eye out for any issues as I go and then try the game with my tray file so I can retrieve some of my characters. At some point I'll add a copy of my saves files and throw that in to see how it runs and I'll add my findings to the proper threads.

I agree that some more hotfixes would be prudent with all of the reports coming in, and I think the trouble they are having at this point is trying to sort the issues with the causes. Because now, there are a plethora of possibilities:

1. System specs. I've already seen a lot of people declaring that, despite not having the proper system requirements, they have gone ahead and chosen to take the risk of getting the expansion. (Not blaming anybody here, it's just a factor.) So some issues can come from playing on a system that is straining to run the game to begin with.

2. Mods/CC. A LOT of people use CC and/or mods. The MCCC mod has had, I think, four or five fixes alone and is still discovering issues along the way. That's only one out of a gajillion mods that people use. There is also an ocean of CC out there, and much of it is causing problems, particularly build/buy stuff. I think that CC users who predominantly use CAS stuff and who are used to not having any issues are finding that even simple clothing and hairs are conflicting in game.

3. Cache files. Sometimes the cache files can screw some things up and cause problems. Every time there is any alteration of the game, whether it's an added piece of CC, a patch, or a new pack, it's a good idea to delete and refresh the cache files, especially localthumbcache. I only found this out earlier this year and I've been using CC since I got the game. But how is everyone supposed to know that?

4. Need for game repair. Every time a patch is administered or content is added, there's a chance of something breaking or not working right. Also, saves get corrupted and mods change things, so a game repair helps every once in a while. Right after I removed all of my folders and before I downloaded the C&D pack, I repaired my game so it would be fresh for the new content.

5. Development/coding oversight. Obviously, these issues have nothing to do with the players and are things that come up in game that were not anticipated during development or found in testing. Pretty straightforward.

It's frustrating to have to jump through hoops sometimes to narrow down the problem, only to discover it's a development issue. I think there needs to be a better way to inform players of what they can do on their end to rule out and prevent causes so that the devs can tackle the problems more efficiently and get those hotfixes out.

#Team Occult
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,694 Member

They are aware, I assume it will be a priority.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Typically we get one patch per month. In this case, one doesn't have to look far to see this new EP seems to be crawling with bugs....Others like dog bowls disappearing or cats having issue with the litter box seem random.

Both the newest patch and the newest EP seem rather unstable. Would be a great time to roll out a second patch, but are we gonna have to wait a whole month for this...? Waiting a whole month basically means alienating vampire fans while expecting those who just bought the new EP to "deal with it." Realize it takes time but can we at least get a comment regarding what the plans are in terms of patching?
    royallous wrote: »
    What do you mean? They literally an emergency patch a couple days ago

That was a regularly scheduled patch.

You don't even own the EP though, right? So you're just basing the EP-specific comments on what others have said without any verification yourself? Haven't had any issues here with dog bowls disappearing or any little box problems. Without knowing what CC and mods other people might be running, it's hard to know whether certain issues are actually with the recent patch, the EP or on the user end.

As for the patches....no, they put out an emergency patch the same day as the EP release to deal with the relationship bug. See here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928616/november-9-2017-patch-notes#latest That wasn't a regularly scheduled patch. So they started working on emergency patching immediately....considering it's a holiday weekend in the U.S., probably not realistic to expect a lot of more announcements about bug fixes but I doubt they'll wait a month to fix the vampire bug.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2017

The bugs I listed are not mod related, they are either patch or C&D related, quite a few people that have never used mods/cc are also having these problems.

The modifyrelationship cheat was working until they updated the game with the fix relationship patch, the Guru's themselves put out the 102 error about not deleting pre-patch sims, the fear system is most likely working as it should but having to delete TVs, refrigerators, ovens etc or move them into locked rooms so your pet will lose the fear moodlet or even putting your newly made pet up for adoption because the vet visit made them so fearful that they whined all of the time doesn't sound like very much fun to me and a bit over the top in the fear department.

I am not trying to be a negative Nelly, I want this pack to do well, it is just sad that it was released with some big bugs, that need fixing and please before you say that the pack just came out and they will fix these bugs as soon as possible, just take a minute to think of all of the older bugs still in the game, parents dropping things in their queues to go check on a toddler that doesn't need checking on, broken high chairs, constantly picking up and putting down said toddler and more.
    CL has been out for a year now, and they are just getting around to fixing the weird clothing and the overlapping festival bug, those two bugs are pretty big and made a lot of people angry. How long do you think it will take them to address and fix C&Ds bugs?

I'm absolutely positive that the issues with fear are incredibly annoying. I'm just saying that it's not a bug. Historically, if EA hasn't put something into an EP that doesn't have you pulling out your hair within thirty minutes, it's not a Sims EP. That's how they like to roll. The community has been begging for the fear emotion for the last 3+ years. Now, they've given it to the dogs and it so flippin' over the top, it's next to useless. The real problem is that's how they seem to prefer the community -- frustrated to the point of madness.

As for the rest of it, you're preaching to the choir. I'm the last person to tell you that the game just came out and that you should be patient. I'm a strict believer in QA testing and waiting until something is fully cooked.

Apparently, this EP wasn't ready for prime time, but they released it anyway. Also, it's par for the course and I'm exhausted complaining about it because I get told that I am indeed a Negative Nelly and I should basically sit in a corner and be quiet because my griping is spoiling all the fun.

I still stand by what I said, though. A lot of the things that I have been seeing in this particular forum are happening due to user error. If that doesn't apply, good on you. You're ahead of the curve. Yet, so many people have been warned to remove their mods and they're not. I wish that I had a dollar for every post where someone said, I don't use any mods. I just have some cc hair, some clothes, oh and that thing that I downloaded that does such and such. But whatcha gonna do but tell them to take a deep breath, it's okay, just take your mods out, clear your cache and try again. Sometimes, it works.

For those things that can't be cured by a clean mod folder and a file repair, I feel for you. That's why I don't buy EPs as soon as they come out. Number One, I can't bear to play without certain mods. Second, I know that there's gonna be hella crazy bugs to have to deal with -- mod-related and some, straight out the box and factory fresh. Because that's how EA rolls.

Still, I understand that it's sometimes really hard to withstand the pull of such an anticipated mod. ;)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Be careful of deleting sims in a pre patch save file. You will experience the error code 102 or 122 and cannot play that save file anymore/have to recover an earlier version (and if you delete sims again you get the errors again). So yeah, I hope we get a patch to fix that soon...

Deleting any sim? Or just the ones I'm playing?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,638 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Be careful of deleting sims in a pre patch save file. You will experience the error code 102 or 122 and cannot play that save file anymore/have to recover an earlier version (and if you delete sims again you get the errors again). So yeah, I hope we get a patch to fix that soon...

*Any* Sims. Just leave them for now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    agustd wrote: »

*Any* Sims. Just leave them for now.

Thank you! What a strange error cause. Looks like I'm gonna have to be careful with many different things when I finally play tomrrow :/
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    A lot of the issues are mod related, and we did in fact get an emergency patch.

I can assure you that the pack isn't riddled with bugs, at least for me. I've also been playing mod free waiting for updates.

Actually this is NOT true. Deligracy isn't using any mods right now, she is literally an EA ambassador and even she said that this pack is ridiculously buggy and she was disappointed. She was liking several comments of people saying as much. You can look through both the forums and elsewhere and see just how bad the bugs are. Also, P.S I don't play with mods, AT ALL, and my game is horrid. animals jumping through animations, clipping through everything, sims facing weird ways when interacting, leashes clipping straight through the animal. You can literally see it in EAs own livestream.......those bugs are still there. So whats the excuse now? Because I don't use mods so......

I said a lot of the issues, not all of them.

There's also a lot of people that are playing despite not having a good enough computer anymore
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Typically we get one patch per month. In this case, one doesn't have to look far to see this new EP seems to be crawling with bugs....Others like dog bowls disappearing or cats having issue with the litter box seem random.

Both the newest patch and the newest EP seem rather unstable. Would be a great time to roll out a second patch, but are we gonna have to wait a whole month for this...? Waiting a whole month basically means alienating vampire fans while expecting those who just bought the new EP to "deal with it." Realize it takes time but can we at least get a comment regarding what the plans are in terms of patching?

You don't even own the EP though, right? So you're just basing the EP-specific comments on what others have said without any verification yourself? Haven't had any issues here with dog bowls disappearing or any little box problems. Without knowing what CC and mods other people might be running, it's hard to know whether certain issues are actually with the recent patch, the EP or on the user end.

As for the patches....no, they put out an emergency patch the same day as the EP release to deal with the relationship bug. See here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928616/november-9-2017-patch-notes#latest That wasn't a regularly scheduled patch. So they started working on emergency patching immediately....considering it's a holiday weekend in the U.S., probably not realistic to expect a lot of more announcements about bug fixes but I doubt they'll wait a month to fix the vampire bug.

Are you trying to silence me? Why? Why does it bother you if I request bug fixes ASAP?

It's not hard to figure out which bugs are universal and which are not. All it takes is a little reading and logical reasoning on what might cause the bugs. Relationships disappearing for example was confirmed to have two common culprits: mods, and opening the save file without going to play the active household first. Dogbowls disappearing is the work of maids and butlers, and this makes sense because similar bugs have popped up with things like coffee pots in the past. Vampires losing their powers is clearly a universal bug, as is the dog fetch animation because it's both far too frequently reported and it's unlikely such a bug would be caused by a mod. There's also several people reporting their pets being eternally fearful/uncomfortable after a vet visit involving one of two treatments.

All it takes is noticing patterns and reading some reports, then rationalizing if a common link is found or not. If there's no common link and everyone's reporting it the moment they launch the game? That's a game bug. If there's a common link based on an in-game action? Game bug. If there's a common link based on users having a certain mod (there was one with dog foreheads extending outward more due to a Less Smiling mod), then that's a mod's fault.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16154717#Comment_16154717

8 pages of cats and dogs related bugs. And if all would happen to the same person at the same time, you would not be able to play the EP at all.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2017
    I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but my sim just climbed into the hot tub with the raccoon. Raccoons are classified as cats and do not swim. ???. No CC or mods.
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member

I'm saying that typically they only do one patch per month. However, given the circumstances of the state of the game now, I definitely feel an extra patch is warranted and should be released as soon as possible. I've seen a bug complaint to EVERY aspect of Pets, so clearly the EP just isn't very stable. Meanwhile anyone that likes vampires is basically encouraged not to download the newest patch since this one completely ruins them.

Either they can expect both Pets and Vampire fans to wait a full month before things are stable/playable, or they can try to fix those issues ASAP. To me the latter option just seems like common sense, but it'd be nice to hear they're working on it and that is indeed the plan.

I haven't played Sims 4 in a long time. I got the vampires pack awhile ago but haven't played them yet. I love vampires though and now I got pets as I love pets too and was going to get back into the game. I was hoping to play vampires with pets...what is broken about vampires? Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I'm assuming pets can be in any world right? And can you make just a pet household and add them to an existing household? I haven't even been in game yet.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2017
    You can put them in any world, but I have yet to see any other animal than mine in Willow Creek. No strays.
  • Options
    wickedjr89 wrote: »

I'm saying that typically they only do one patch per month. However, given the circumstances of the state of the game now, I definitely feel an extra patch is warranted and should be released as soon as possible. I've seen a bug complaint to EVERY aspect of Pets, so clearly the EP just isn't very stable. Meanwhile anyone that likes vampires is basically encouraged not to download the newest patch since this one completely ruins them.

Either they can expect both Pets and Vampire fans to wait a full month before things are stable/playable, or they can try to fix those issues ASAP. To me the latter option just seems like common sense, but it'd be nice to hear they're working on it and that is indeed the plan.

I haven't played Sims 4 in a long time. I got the vampires pack awhile ago but haven't played them yet. I love vampires though and now I got pets as I love pets too and was going to get back into the game. I was hoping to play vampires with pets...what is broken about vampires? Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I'm assuming pets can be in any world right? And can you make just a pet household and add them to an existing household? I haven't even been in game yet.

None of the vampire powers work. The moment your vampire travels off their home lot, the powers cease to function. This pretty much defeats the entire purpose of playing a vampire.
  • Options

None of the vampire powers work. The moment your vampire travels off their home lot, the powers cease to function. This pretty much defeats the entire purpose of playing a vampire.

Aww :( Yeah that would defeat the entire purpose of playing a vampire. I've looked up vampire info on Simsvip. And the no strays in other worlds also kinda sucks.. :/

They see the forums so hopefully they'll work on it soon. I was so excited to play vampires with pets, I can't be the only one that loves vampires and pets. Knowing they were working on a patch though would be nice but i'm hopeful it'll come. I am not going to play with mods or cc either, with the constant patches i'm just too lazy anyway and don't play enough for the headache to be worth it. So if I have any glitches it won't be from mods or cc.
  • Options

Aww :( Yeah that would defeat the entire purpose of playing a vampire. I've looked up vampire info on Simsvip. And the no strays in other worlds also kinda plum.. :/

They see the forums so hopefully they'll work on it soon. I was so excited to play vampires with pets, I can't be the only one that loves vampires and pets. Knowing they were working on a patch though would be nice but i'm hopeful it'll come. I am not going to play with mods or cc either, with the constant patches i'm just too lazy anyway and don't play enough for the headache to be worth it. So if I have any glitches it won't be from mods or cc.

As I said I don't even have Pets, but I do like some of the patch notes in that recent patch. The bugs they've introduced however are making me choose: file save stability or vampires. For me I find the game too boring without vampires, so I'd rather hold out longer dealing with the same lag issues I've known; no point patching those problems if it kills my desire to play anyways.

I imagine for other users though that do have to choose between vampires and pets, it's rather annoying.
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member

Aww :( Yeah that would defeat the entire purpose of playing a vampire. I've looked up vampire info on Simsvip. And the no strays in other worlds also kinda plum.. :/

As I said I don't even have Pets, but I do like some of the patch notes in that recent patch. The bugs they've introduced however are making me choose: file save stability or vampires. For me I find the game too boring without vampires, so I'd rather hold out longer dealing with the same lag issues I've known; no point patching those problems if it kills my desire to play anyways.

I imagine for other users though that do have to choose between vampires and pets, it's rather annoying.

My lag issues have actually either gotten worse or stayed the same for the most part. Loading takes extra long for me even though I've done all the removing of files & cache you're supposed to do. The "Ultra" clock option doesn't work 9 times out of 10 for me now. The one time it does work, the clock displays the correct time, but I prefer pre-patch time because it didn't take me as long to speed through tasks. My Ultra speed only goes slightly faster than normal now (sometimes I'm not sure it's actually even going faster).
  • Options
    :/ Ugh, I really hope I didn't waste my money trying to get back into this game. I mean i'm willing to wait for the next patch. I don't need the game to be perfect but game breaking glitches :/ if it breaks a part of the game like that. I'll try playing later today maybe, see what happens for me. I'll still give it a shot, and wait for a patch and see what they do. I know it's not the gurus at fault. They often aren't given the time or resources for what they need to do. It's sad to see Sims going this way. I started playing late in Sims 2 and all through out Sims 3 I had PEPS for every EP and bad! Now i'm just like...meh and haven't played it at all this year. I was hoping now with vampires, toddlers and pets I could really get into this game. I don't want to give up on the Sims. Even if Sims 4 isn't my favorite generation of Sims i'd still like to enjoy playing it.

Like I said though I will give it a chance and see what happens. Thanks for the head ups though :)
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    edited November 2017
    Well, I've been playing this game mod free since it came out. Mind you, I would call myself a "veteran simmer" as I've played all Sims games and their off-shoots i.e. Pets Stories/Sims Medieval etc. I usually play a heavily modded game; around 17GB of custom content. But I can also play without any mods. My old TS4 folder is all nicely backed up and awaiting mod updates...

That being said, Cats and Dogs is just about the buggiest iteration of any TS4 release so far. I'm just a little bit shocked at this many oversights by the QA team. It makes me wonder if they are even given adequate time to test; or do they have all packs and expansions installed when they do test? CAS filters are broken, Sims only washing one dish at a time, Sims and pets resetting for no visible reason...even the adoption agent who delivered a new dog; the crate the dogs arrives in is just chillin' in the house because it never disappeared. And yes, I too had to remove a dog, Rosie, from the Hecking household because her thumbnail was red for almost a week. The whimpering was just too much. Also, that terrifying bug that used to happen in TS3 when dogs would appear stretched upward at Sim height? Yikes. I've seen that twice now as well.

Some of you really need to stop blaming everything on mods because that is not the appropriate answer. Yep, patches break mods. They're supposed to. But to keep mentioning broken mods as an excuse for complaints amongst the community is very short-sighted.

It's NOT just mods. It is the game as well.