Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vegetarian sim sad from eating eggs and toast?

Is this a bug? Why is my sim sad because she is eating eggs and toast (which is a vegetarian safe option)?

w6g1ywJ.jpg
tumblr_nfjixx1N6E1qd5lw2o1_r1_500.gif

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2017
    Maybe she's not ovo-lacto vegetarian. Or she's a wannabe vegan.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Could she sad from a broken heart, like the thought bubble shows?
  • ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    A vegetarian do not eat eggs.
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Hmmm, I wonder if the tagging got screwed up in the latest patch. There is also a "bacon and eggs" dish in addition to the "eggs and toast" maybe they got mixed up somehow?
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    ovo-lacto vegetarians eat eggs & drink milk
    but there are more severe forms of vegetarianism, which don't do it

vegans omit every form of animal inclusion in the whole process of production of food, which is not only the ingredients alone

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    How many more bugs and glitches are we going to get this month?
    I'm not even angry, it's highly entertaining!

DivieOwl wrote: »
    Maybe cause eggs are baby birds, and she KNOWS. Lol
    Technically, if they haven't been fertilised, they're really just a chickens period. :P

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LWSIMPLAYER94LWSIMPLAYER94 Posts: 3 New Member
    Thats Strange
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Art wrote: »

Some do, some don't. The point is, they can in TS4 and it shouldn't bother them. I'd say it's a bug or glitch. As for those of you who don't eat eggs, you can always pretend it's a vegan-friendly egg substitute.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    The sims aren't actually vegetarian, they are vegan. My vegetarian sims get upset at eating fish, yet vegetarians DO eat fish. Vegans DO NOT. I've never had my sims get upset at eating the eggs and toast, must be the new patch. Just one more meal of many that they won't be able to eat. I'm phasing out vegetarians (with the trait) in my game. I can just have my regular sims eat in a vegetarian way without the hassle of upsetting my sims.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    The sims aren't actually vegetarian, they are vegan. My vegetarian sims get upset at eating fish, yet vegetarians DO eat fish. Vegans DO NOT. I've never had my sims get upset at eating the eggs and toast, must be the new patch. Just one more meal of many that they won't be able to eat. I'm phasing out vegetarians (with the trait) in my game. I can just have my regular sims eat in a vegetarian way without the hassle of upsetting my sims.

Some vegetarians don't eat fish. Others do. Those who do are called pescatarians.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Vegetarians don't eat eggs? News to me
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »

Some do, some don't. The point is, they can in TS4 and it shouldn't bother them. I'd say it's a bug or glitch. As for those of you who don't eat eggs, you can always pretend it's a vegan-friendly egg substitute.

Substitute eggs just don't include the yoke. For those of us who Fast for spiritual reasons, this can be a problem. My hubby brought it to the attention of another parishioner who was using them, since eggs are on the do not eat during this time period list, and the look on her face. She was incredulous.

What gets me is how many vegan-safe menu items they have in this game. But, it does sound like a glitch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »

fish isn't vegetarian lol
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm a vegetarian and I eat eggs. I didn't always, I was vegan for a while but I'm ovo-lacto and eat dairy and eggs. I've been a vegetarian for over 25 years. I had to remove my self sim's vegetarian trait to make room for the cat lover one, but what I noticed before this patch is that she kept wanting to make eggs and bacon autonomously. I'm like "Why does she keep doing that?" I have another vegetarian sim I can check with. I'll see if eating eggs and toast makes her sad since the patch.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Just tried this myself, the vet I made I also made vegetarian and he got sad from the eggs and toast as well.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Pretty sure this is a bug, yeah. I’m experiencing the same thing in my game as well, with all of my vegetarian Sims. And it only happens with eggs and toast.
    I’ve tested it with and without mods.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    Suffering from this bug as well - I set my new vet up as veggie (loves animals etc) so just pretending to myself that she actually wants to be vegan.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Maybe they broke their yokes like I did THREE times in a row while trying to make eggs this morning! :/ It made me kinda sad.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited November 2017
    Heck theres even pollotarian.Pollotarians do not consume red meat or fish and seafood but eat fowl and poultry

Bottom line there is no 1 way to be a vegetarian.

NS88Nw0.jpg
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Just fyi: eggs you eat is usually not fertilized and unfertilized eggs does not and will not contain a chicken. The yolk is like a chicken-lunchpack, not the chicken itself...

Unfertilized eggs should be safe for vegetarians to eat...
    HV83B28.png
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

That is vegan
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »

fQL6Dcx.jpg

Vegans are not humans
  • berrybelleberrybelle Posts: 9 New Member
    i dont think this is about different ways to be vegetarian/vegan or our personal opinion of vegetarian/vegans, but that eggs and toast are clearly labelled as "vegetarian-safe" options, and yet they aren't.

so either its a bug that vegetarian sims don't like it, or its an error that it's listed as vegetarian-safe. it should be changed either way to prevent confusion.