Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• lesliedaryllesliedaryl Posts: 51 Member
    I am having all the same problems as the rest have been saying. Plus beds and sofas disappear after I buy them and somehow all my sims have lost their relationships with each other. I really want to play with the C and D but after awhile, it gets so frustrating. Oh yeah, why can't I adopt a stray?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    I am having all the same problems as the rest have been saying. Plus beds and sofas disappear after I buy them and somehow all my sims have lost their relationships with each other. I really want to play with the C and D but after awhile, it gets so frustrating. Oh yeah, why can't I adopt a stray?

Hello @lesliedaryl
    Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with a batch fix for the cc beds,
    You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    http://sims4studio.com
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.

With the loss of relationships , it has occurred as a result of the last patch .
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that was before the last patch . To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited November 2017
    Not sure if this Glitch has happened to anyone else, but this just happened in my game.
    I added Don lothario into my single sim 1 cat 1 dog household (that's been perfect since I got the content)
    to alter his outfits I decided to bring up the cheat console and type testingcheats
    then I used the sim shift click action on Don, to edit him in Cas, I altered his every day outfit, and then scrolled 3/4 formal suits, chose one and my screen froze with graphic pixel snow for 3/4 of the page I was unable to click or exit in any way other than turning off the laptop !

up to this point Ive had no issues with gameplay :( ( no mods or CC)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I just posted on EA Help about merging pets into families from the gallery. Once I do they are completely black. This happens for most but not all pets. Only one other person posted there with this problem and they had mentioned the design tool causing their animal to go black. Thought I'd add this here in case anyone else has this problem. No mods installed.
  • thishumanwreckagethishumanwreckage Posts: 2 New Member
    Adoption glitch ? When trying to adopt via computer the lady shows up. No pet with her stands around for a bit then leaves . If I travel away and back the pet is there but if I interact they just disappear? This is on an existing save I don't want to lose my progress
  • sadiedgafsadiedgaf Posts: 10 New Member
    hey guys~ long time simmer but i dont use the forums, so forgive me if im doing this wrong. heres an issue im having, pasted from reddit.

really upset that my first dog disappeared. he was an elder and probably died of old age, but the game kinda broke him? i was at the vet with my other elder pet (they get really, constantly sick when theyre elders) and my other sim was at work. i looked down at the portraits and suddenly my dog wasnt in my family anymore? i checked relationships and hes transparent (ghost.. im guessing) but i never found an urn or tombstone for him, and my sims never got moodlets about their pet passing. i'm pretty bummed out because he was the first dog i made in the game :(. i just got an ambrosia treat from the vet too but its too late now i guess. has anyone else had their pet pass yet? is it a wide spread bug or just bad timing for me?
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited November 2017
    I just posted on EA Help about merging pets into families from the gallery. Once I do they are completely black. This happens for most but not all pets. Only one other person posted there with this problem and they had mentioned the design tool causing their animal to go black. Thought I'd add this here in case anyone else has this problem. No mods installed.

I had the same thing happen to me today! I made my cat and my grand dogs and when I downloaded to play they all turned black. I thought well that's odd. I also am disappointed as I worked hard to make them look just right! Hopefully this will get solved soon. :/

Edit to add that I couldn't get my cat just the way I wanted because she has one side of her face black and one side brown, split right down the middle. There is no way I can figure out how to change only one side of anything in CAP. Very sad for me as I wanted to make her like my cat. :'(:'(
    Post edited by haswh on
  • maya_acemaya_ace Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2017
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I don't know if this issue was already mentioned, but somehow all interactions are lagging, I call my pets they don' react, I try to pet a cat that does something else, like strays jumping on objects etc and it takes minutes for my Sim to have the interaction queued but never executed. Does anybody have this problem as well? I have all mods that i used updated right now. However I DO have CC like clothes, eyes, skins etc. Could these make trouble? If so why? it's just clothes etc right? Hair etc.

Same here, i only have one mod (mcc, updated), the rest is just some CC, doesnt always happen, but often.

ALSO, here's my issue if u guys wanna add to the list:
    a81ae7e447aaf4944ecfcbc6dbbca5cb.jpg
    24af44232d10789c1acc0be6f6e7e0d0.png
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    think my issue may be a graphic card one - note to others, update your graphics cards! ( thought mine was being done automatically : ( )
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited November 2017
    I was able to successfully get Maaike Haas's cat spayed when I sent her to the vet the second time, so that wasn't buggy. I did get the preventative shot since the cat likes to roam around the Windenburg countryside a lot. I have noticed that the cat gets more irritable and I get notices about being afraid sometimes. I've just been ignoring. To be honest, if an animal is going to get ridiculously afraid, I'm probably not going to delete the fridge or anything. We'll see though as I play more households and more pets. I may change on that.

I am having to direct the cat to eat. I got a notice about the cat being hungry when there was food sitting in her dish. I'm still not sure if the auto-feeder is working correctly or how I know if it is.

I have had the "elevation bug". Maaike was asleep and then suddenly she was standing on the bed and wouldn't go back to sleep or get down. Resetting her didn't help. I used build mode to fix it. First I moved the bed out of the room, then she was standing on the dresser. I had to move both the bed and the dresser out of the room for her to stand on the floor. I then put the furniture back into the room and she was back to normal.

I'll keep an eye out for anything else. I am having a good time with the EP overall. I really like what it adds to the game but would of course like to see them patch in necessary fixes ASAP.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Ruby5662Ruby5662 Posts: 8 New Member
    I wanted to breed my dogs, but didn't want to get rid of my cats, so I put them in a different household, and trapped them on my lot. For some reason they don't want to use the litterbox, It is in the open, no locked doors between them, and this didn't happen when they were in my house

Also my pit bull/boxer mix goes through objects. not an issue for me, but worth mentioning if it bothers someone else
  • leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    Okay, so first time posting, but not only am I dealing with the glitch where you have to direct your pets to eat as well as losing empty food bowls after traveling, I've come across what I assume is a glitch but I can't find anyone having the same problem.

My cat got sick so I took her to the vet and she has the prowler trait so she's outside almost all the time (not sure if it matters but figure it might). While I'm waiting to be seen by the vet she runs off outside, totally off the vet lot and then when it's time for the exam, my sim runs off the lot to go be with her and the exam just never actually starts or ends and I cannot seem to break this. I've tried cancelling the appointment and signing in again, I've tried traveling back and forth. At this point my adult cat is just forever sick and unable to be treated. Also I want to add that I took this very same cat to the clinic once before to be spayed and that went fine, but now that she's sick, she just keeps running off and can't be examined.
    SLpPUp.png
  • StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    i have no mods or cc... not sure if anyone else is having a problem with setting the table now.. it worked grate before cats and dogs but now as soon as they put the food down the setting is gone.. also is there anyway to have a puppy just pee in house ... i think it would be easier to just clean up after then carry it outside tell him to pee then bring him back in
  • GreenStrassaGreenStrassa Posts: 2 New Member
    So, *ARE* pets meant to interact together or not? I have had pretty much 0 pet to pet interaction on my game unless my sim directed them to "Be nice", and it really bothers me because irl cats and dogs interact all the time. I don't even know if this is a bug or whether the developers intended the game to be like this.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I can't pick up pets or hug them, the adoption process will also not work.. I had to cheat to add the cat to my family.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • GrimmmGrimmm Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having serious issues with interacting with pets. Every time I command them to do something or click on the training option, my computer freezes and a box appears saying "The Sims 4 is not responding" and I'm asked to end task.
    What do I do? I'm so disappointed by this experience.. I'm not sure If I'd want to buy another sims game if this is what I'm paying for. :(
  • maya_acemaya_ace Posts: 65 Member
    So, *ARE* pets meant to interact together or not? I have had pretty much 0 pet to pet interaction on my game unless my sim directed them to "Be nice", and it really bothers me because irl cats and dogs interact all the time. I don't even know if this is a bug or whether the developers intended the game to be like this.

I noticed the exact same thing today on my end. :/
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Okay, so first time posting, but not only am I dealing with the glitch where you have to direct your pets to eat as well as losing empty food bowls after traveling, I've come across what I assume is a glitch but I can't find anyone having the same problem.

My cat got sick so I took her to the vet and she has the prowler trait so she's outside almost all the time (not sure if it matters but figure it might). While I'm waiting to be seen by the vet she runs off outside, totally off the vet lot and then when it's time for the exam, my sim runs off the lot to go be with her and the exam just never actually starts or ends and I cannot seem to break this. I've tried cancelling the appointment and signing in again, I've tried traveling back and forth. At this point my adult cat is just forever sick and unable to be treated. Also I want to add that I took this very same cat to the clinic once before to be spayed and that went fine, but now that she's sick, she just keeps running off and can't be examined.

yes my bowls disappear after travellling plus homework. I have heard it occasionally mentioned by simmers but not that often.
  • KojikaKoiKojikaKoi Posts: 4 New Member
    Sorta unrelated but not sure if this is a glitch or what; has anyone seen a cat interact with the TLC mouse hole in apartments? Not the one that you can place now, but the real one. My cat's a prowler and refuses to touch the thing, but if I put one of the new ones down, she'll sit at that one. Its rather irritating frankly, but I'm not totally sure if its a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
  • MirandanikMirandanik Posts: 12 New Member
    I have had a few problems so far but the ones that are annoying me the most are A) No Vet career other than owning; B) For some odd reason when I am working as a vet in my office sometimes my chick glitches out and isn't able to Bill the owner....the option disappears on the owner and all you can do is dismiss and if you click on the pet it has Bill Owner but when I keep clicking on it, it just disappears as soon as it's qued up to do, so it doesn't actually do anything. Only thing I can do is dismiss and then I loose out on that money, and it does it A LOT. I have no CC or Mods. Also as some have said some of my dogs won't go outside to use the potty unless told no matter how old or trained they are. I also started a restaurant and the customers refuse to eat their food yet complain the service is to slow when the food is sitting right there and then they finally leave without paying the bill and I can't make any money at all, only losing money 24/7 when it's open and I have no idea why this is happening. I have had quite a few places to eat and not had this problem before. Also agree it's really annoying you can't see your pets age or skills. Also would be cool if you could give them a youth treat if you wanted to so if you had a pet you really liked it could live forever. Anywhoo please fix the Vet problem, I love being a vet and it sucks when I can't treat patients because it won't let me bill the owner and glitches my whole day :(
    Oops I forgot to mention also I have had some issues when putting pets up for adoption, it takes FOREVER and sometimes nobody shows up to take the pet so the game is just stuck locked on no travel mode and you can't do anything! It keeps saying you can't do this while an adoption i staking place yet nobody shows up so it's just stuck forever until you exit the game. The last time was even worse cause when I put the dog up for adoption and they never showed up the dog ran away and messed it up even more. Haven't tried to sell any yet but hopefully it's not as bad :( Would also be super cool if they came out with an animal breeding career where you can breed pets and own a pet shop to sell them :)
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,943 Member
    edited November 2017
    Why is Mayor Whiskers having the empty pet food bowl thought bubble? It's constant, my sim reacts and other sims react with a spoon and fork thought bubble. I have adopted him. No mods and no CC in my game.
    ETA. I have an automatic feeder and it's set to fill the bowl every 3 hours. There's always food in the bowl.

ETA again. I quit that game, saved my sim with Mayor Whiskers, saved my lot to my library, and deleted the save. I started a new game with Mayor Whiskers already my sim's pet on the same lot, (placed it from my library).

I had the litter box issue in the new game, which I didn't mention I'd had it before in the prior game. I had the empty pet dish thought bubble issue in the new game.

This lot that I had saved to my library had the cat mailbox and nothing else on the lot when I saved it (about 4 games ago. When I start a new game, I always delete the last game save,) with my level 3 vet skilled sim, I thought she was bugged. So I deleted her, had another simmer make her for me. Downloaded that sim and that's the one I playing.

I built my house before I adopted Mayor Whiskers, (in the game where I first had the litter box and thought bubble issue), placing the food dish and litter box on the lot before adopting Mayor Whiskers.

My sim was brand new, meaning zero skills, in the game where I first experienced the thought bubble and litter box issue. She is the downloaded sim and has cooking, handy, and gardening skills only so far. She was made with no CC.

I deleted the 2nd save and I am playing a brand new game on that lot with just my sim because I want to build her skills before adding the vet skill.

It will be a few days before I can test my theory that the cat mailbox on a lot with a sim that doesn't have any vet skill is the cause of the bugs I experienced.
    21j242g.jpg
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Hm, I went to the vet with the dog, and got a preventative shot against diseases; now the dog is constantly in red and when I ask him what's wrong the answer is that he's afraid of something :/ Did the shot make my dog chronically depressed? If so, there should be a warning that this is a potential side-effect (half-jesting here, anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? Will it pass at some point?).

Your pet could be afraid of something in the home like a statue of an animal. my cat was afraid of the cat statue that kind of looked like him. After I move it he was not afraid anymore. sometimes if you watch them you will find out what they are afraid of. They will go near it when you ask whats wrong.

Dog was only afraid of the TV, until we went to the vet. I asked him immediately after getting the shot "what's wrong" and he showed a bubble with a vet symbol. Then took him home, but he acts like the vet is there too. So his chronic anxiety is due to him thinking the vet is always with him, following him, watching him... So yeah, I kept asking what was wrong over the following days, but always got that image from the vet place. So it's as far as I can see, a natural reaction to getting the shot, but bugged because it doesn't pass. The notification says "Rocket just needs a moment to collect himself", and it did that right after it initially happened, but then just never passed.
    I'm seeing some people post about disappearing furniture, that might actually be the recent Patch and not the Pets game. After the patch for some reason ALL my CC beds when I placed them were invisible and it was like they weren't there. The first time this happened I tried ten times then when I logged back in I had ten beds piled on top of each other lol. So I have no idea why but I think the last patch is messing with furniture. Sadly I had to delete all my CC after Pets launches cause they were messing with my game too bad and not letting me pick up my puppies to go potty or bring in the house.
  • ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Hm, I went to the vet with the dog, and got a preventative shot against diseases; now the dog is constantly in red and when I ask him what's wrong the answer is that he's afraid of something :/ Did the shot make my dog chronically depressed? If so, there should be a warning that this is a potential side-effect (half-jesting here, anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? Will it pass at some point?).

Your pet could be afraid of something in the home like a statue of an animal. my cat was afraid of the cat statue that kind of looked like him. After I move it he was not afraid anymore. sometimes if you watch them you will find out what they are afraid of. They will go near it when you ask whats wrong.

Dog was only afraid of the TV, until we went to the vet. I asked him immediately after getting the shot "what's wrong" and he showed a bubble with a vet symbol. Then took him home, but he acts like the vet is there too. So his chronic anxiety is due to him thinking the vet is always with him, following him, watching him... So yeah, I kept asking what was wrong over the following days, but always got that image from the vet place. So it's as far as I can see, a natural reaction to getting the shot, but bugged because it doesn't pass. The notification says "Rocket just needs a moment to collect himself", and it did that right after it initially happened, but then just never passed.

I might have succeeded in fixing my problem now. I decided Rocket needed to face his fears, so we went back to the vet, initiated the check up, and then proceeded to reject that evil anxiety causing preventative shot. Then his profile turned "fine" again, and it hasn't returned yet. We'll see, but for now, Rocket seems to be doing well.