Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is out!

Comments

• louicenlouicen Posts: 4 New Member
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > Hello. Do you have mods installed? If so, are you still seeing this issue when mods are removed? If you are seeing this issue without mods, would you be willing to share your save files? (Instructions here: link)

Hi! It happens both with and without mods. Yesterday it happened with a mod installed so I removed it and played without it today, went back to a previous save and it's still a problem. Yeah, sure I can!
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    louicen wrote: »
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > Hello. Do you have mods installed? If so, are you still seeing this issue when mods are removed? If you are seeing this issue without mods, would you be willing to share your save files? (Instructions here: link)

Hi! It happens both with and without mods. Yesterday it happened with a mod installed so I removed it and played without it today, went back to a previous save and it's still a problem. Yeah, sure I can!

Thank you for the save file!
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    I’ve also noticed sims showing up at clubs wearing festival outfits and just wierd outfits in general they didn’t wear before the patch. My sim invited this hot guy she has been developing a relationship with on a date to a club and he showed up in his usual outfit but instead of wearing his usual black loafers, he had a pair of pink peep toe high heels on!
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    My game is running soo smoothly

Hopefully this continues when cats and dogs download tomorrow
    xo0yscju
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I wonder if they'll release another patch soon, which fixes at least the biggest issues, such as the relationship culling. Hopefully. :confused:
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • midnightwolf221midnightwolf221 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Jagwithtude said:
    > midnightwolf221 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having a problem with my cc traits none of them will show in the trait bar but when I look at other sims of mine the cc traits the sim has will show. will someone help me fix this I tried taking all of them out and putting them back in but it still won't work
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I believe most if not all CC traits were broken with > @Jagwithtude said:
    > midnightwolf221 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having a problem with my cc traits none of them will show in the trait bar but when I look at other sims of mine the cc traits the sim has will show. will someone help me fix this I tried taking all of them out and putting them back in but it still won't work
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I believe most if not all CC traits were broken with this patch.

but why? what did they do for them all to break?
  • strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member
    @midnightwolf221 Currently they are updating cas for pets. So any code that needed to be fix, got fixed. They do not support mods so I'd suggest removing them from your game so not further bugs happen. Then see if the creators will update them to work with the new patch or not ~
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @midnightwolf221

Code was changed in preparation for the new EP. That is what they did. The mods and cc that used the old code just got broken in the process. I use Maxis Match CC and none of mine was affected, but as I have seen alpha cc seems to be broken. Usually mods get broken almost every patch, so I expected those needed updates. It is a risk you take when using mods and cc.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    I have the "flirt with self" in mirror xD My Sims aren't insane but the option still appears.
    same here.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I got an option when clicking on fridge to "eat leftovers." Is this new?
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I got an option when clicking on fridge to "eat leftovers." Is this new?

Yes it came with the patch form yesterday.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    You can at least see their faces now, but festival wear still leaves a lot to be desired. These are from my played households, why can't they just wear their every day clothes?

v6q2v7.jpg
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    You can at least see their faces now, but festival wear still leaves a lot to be desired. These are from my played households, why can't they just wear their every day clothes?

v6q2v7.jpg

I really can't understand why it's so dang difficult for them to fix. They could fix time distortion but not outfit randomization?

Why not just get rid of the special festival outfits all together? No one wanted this. Literally no one asked. I'm sick of my unplayed sims not wearing the outfits I assigned them.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    agustd wrote: »

v6q2v7.jpg

I really can't understand why it's so dang difficult for them to fix. They could fix time distortion but not outfit randomization?

Why not just get rid of the special festival outfits all together? No one wanted this. Literally no one asked. I'm sick of my unplayed sims not wearing the outfits I assigned them.

1000% agree!! Just get rid of the festival outfits and be done with this.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I added the Patch with no problems, but I do not see anywhere as to what was in that Patch as far as Items ect, guess I will find out when I get the pack.:(
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    agustd wrote: »

v6q2v7.jpg

I really hope they just get rid of them. I haven't gone to all festivals yet, but for me it seems to be specific to some. I went to the Humor & Hijinks Festival and everyone (or at least pretty much everyone, I'm not 100% sure about that) showed up in their regular everyday outfit. I've seen that the issue is still very much apparent at Romance festivals, but not necessarily at others. Though I don't know for sure about the rest of them, as I haven't visited them. Did visit the Flea Market and that one looked normal too.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    edited November 2017
    sl393l wrote: »
    I’ve also noticed sims showing up at clubs wearing festival outfits and just wierd outfits in general they didn’t wear before the patch. My sim invited this hot guy she has been developing a relationship with on a date to a club and he showed up in his usual outfit but instead of wearing his usual black loafers, he had a pair of pink peep toe high heels on!
    i don't own City Living so i've never experienced the festival outfits of doom, but since i downloaded the patch my households (unplayed, and marked as played but not active) have joined the randomness, mostly with hats and shoes.
    related to what @sl393l has mentioned... i've been playing a little bit more today, and there are things i still don't understand. will any Sim i'm not controlling be able to sport all-new, all-different clothes/just random accessories each time i encounter them? this thread discusses the topic, but i am still quite confused.
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    So I installed and played the new pack last night, game is still running smoothly and I'm excited about that!
    Going to be playing a lot more often like I used to.
    xo0yscju
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited November 2017
    I like this patch and all, but it seems like the issue with sims standing around doing nothing until I go to travel mode to fix it, is back. Long time no see, old glitch!
    Also, my kid came back from school in a very random outfit, but thankfully I could change her back.
    NK4koaX.png
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Don't know if anyone has posted about this as I haven't read all the pages

Actually that came with Parenthood and b omg someone used my cc!
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    There are new pastel re-colours of The Harbinger Counter and Island.
  • louicenlouicen Posts: 4 New Member
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > louicen wrote: »
    >
    > > @SimQARobo said:
    > > Hello. Do you have mods installed? If so, are you still seeing this issue when mods are removed? If you are seeing this issue without mods, would you be willing to share your save files? (Instructions here: link)
    >
    > Hi! It happens both with and without mods. Yesterday it happened with a mod installed so I removed it and played without it today, went back to a previous save and it's still a problem. Yeah, sure I can!
    >
    >
    > Thank you for the save file!

I don't know if you've had time to look into the issue yet but if you have, did you find any reason to why I'm having this problem and/or any solution to fix it? Thanks!
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I also have the issue where everyone has the insane trait interactions i.e. "flirt with self", even though they aren't insane. Anyone have any fixes?
    edited November 2017
    @astera00, no, it's still marked as "open" over at the EA Answers HQ forum (bugs that are confirmed to be still in-game and have no known workaround.)