Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Dog is constantly scared....

Comments

• colescoles Posts: 10 New Member
    It's definitely related to taking them to the vet - I have had this happen twice now.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    yup, its really frustrating. seems linked to going to the vet.
  • jeanniebeansjeanniebeans Posts: 44 Member
    I think the lampshade head is a fear or strangers?
  • AerisAeris Posts: 1 New Member
    To me it happened when I was working full time on my clinic.. As I took some days off my dog was back to normal.
    So maybe the pets are scared because they feel lonely?
  • tattybogintattybogin Posts: 2 New Member
    if you have other dogs tell the other dogs to be nice or friendly to the scared dog it worked for me especialy if the scared dog is a small dog and there is a big dog the big dog will probably scare the small dog
  • ArcherQuinnArcherQuinn Posts: 2 New Member
    > @amberw_05 said:
    > The man with the lamp shade over the head is the vet I think because my animals have been afraid of him since I took them to the vet and they all got those shots

See, I was thinking the same thing. My dog was perfectly fine, and then I decided, "Hey, maybe my dog should see the vet for a check-up. Basic health and all..." So, I came home and he was fine at first, and I adopted another dog. Sadly, he became scared at the same time, so I assumed it was my new dog. I guess not, but I already gave that puppy up. So I moved, thinking it was something we owned or lived near. Nope. So, it's probably the vet, but now the question is, is it a bug that they stay scared, or will it, at SOME POINT go away?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    There are people talking in another thread that the lampshade fear happens when you go to get the preventative shot at the vet. It's possible that the shot is bugged so that the pet gets traumatized for a while instead of just being afraid for a short time. We should probably avoid the shot for now until the devs can look into it.
    #Team Occult
  • JegharsetdigibJegharsetdigib Posts: 1 New Member
    It's not the vet, I have had this happen wih two of my households and none of the dogs have ever been to the vet yet...
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Loralahla wrote: »
    An option used to come up for me.
    For example, my dog has a fear of the tv being turned on. At one point, my Sim had a friend over who promptly went over to the couch to watch television. My dog started cowering in the corner. Once asked "What's wrong?" an option came up to calm him down. That doesn't happen anymore. :(

My dog is afraid of toilet, music, etc... All the time red icon and scary look :( And this is a Doberman i'm having! I use to have this dog in real life and never afraid of anything. Brave! But here in the game it's annoying :(
    Once the option "calm down" came. I did. Nothing changed and never come again :(
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I get it with both my fox and my cat and my cat was the only one to see the vet. I have the best luck getting them out of the orange by distracting them. I play with them, take the fox for a walk or play fetch, pamper them on the couch, or have my sim fix them some gourmet food. It doesn't always work but it does sometimes.

My cat had issues with the toilet so I moved her litter box out of the bathroom. That cut down on her fears. She also had an issue when the bar got dirty but cleaning it helped.

The fox is a hunter and ever since I put woohoo bushes in the yard he is constantly fighting with squirrels and skunks! He also does not want constant baths so I'm trying to find a balance for fox and family.

I know many are having a serious issue with this and I don't mean to make light of it at all, but I love how complex it is! Pets really do take work and attention. It's so much like having RL pets who are reacting to things and you try to figure out what and why and how to make it better.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • ArcherQuinnArcherQuinn Posts: 2 New Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > There are people talking in another thread that the lampshade fear happens when you go to get the preventative shot at the vet. It's possible that the shot is bugged so that the pet gets traumatized for a while instead of just being afraid for a short time. We should probably avoid the shot for now until the devs can look into it.

I'm gonna go with the trauma idea. I got the booster shot the first visit to the vet, and my dog wouldn't calm down for several days. He finally calmed down, but then he was sleeping a lot, and he also just collapsed a lot, so I took him to the vet, and now he won't go inside the vet because he's scared again. It could just be something the dog is traumatised/scared of in general that really gets to them, but it looks like most cases are because of the vet.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 the vet.
  • LeahLovesSimmingLeahLovesSimming Posts: 3 New Member
    > @TheSimsBoi13 said:
    > I have never seen an option to calm my scared dog down. I get a pop-up saying that he's afraid of something and just needs time to calm down. I don't know what he's afraid of exactly. He gets a thought-bubble of a lampshade over someone's head, that's it. It's mind-boggling, because he stays uncomfortable no matter what lot we are on.

The same thing happens to me, It's very confusing, at first I thought to turn on the light but it didn't work. Then I thought it was people, but no one passes by. ;-; My dog is an Alaskan Malamute.
  • DutcheliteDutchelite Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Loralahla said:
    > My large Samoyed is afraid all the time. I'm aware that they have fears and such, but after asking "What's Wrong?" the option to calm him down no longer shows up. Is this happening to anyone else?

i adopt my dog and adopting him again fixt it for me or mabby its there is a second dog in my home
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited November 2017
    If you're willing to use mods, this one may work (no clue -- I don't have pets yet). The mod author and site is German, but I've never had a problem using any of her mods regarding localization. Anyway, she has two cats and dog mods up, one to fix the fear and one to remove most clothing from the random animals generated. http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-hunde-katzen/
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • GamerfannieGamerfannie Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Loralahla said:
    > My large Samoyed is afraid all the time. I'm aware that they have fears and such, but after asking "What's Wrong?" the option to calm him down no longer shows up

Have you tried to put you dog/cat to the sleeping station? it's says that the dog/cat needs som minutes to calm down?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    If you're willing to use mods, this one may work (no clue -- I don't have pets yet). The mod author and site is German, but I've never had a problem using any of her mods regarding localization. Anyway, she has two cats and dog mods up, one to fix the fear and one to remove most clothing from the random animals generated. http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-hunde-katzen/

I just wanted to say that I always ensure that all of my mods can be used in any language without needing to be translated. You will not see any German text strings in any of my mods.

The bug is caused by the preventaive shot and the wellness-treat. In case of the wellness-treat, your pet will be constantly afraid for 4 days, in case of the preventative shot, it will be for 14 days. The mod prevents and repairs both bugs.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    My dog is Hairy, aggressive, and adventurous and has never been to the vet and is constantly scared of something. I even did the cheat to remove all buffs and it just keeps happening. I don't see how an agressive, adventurous dog is constantly scared. Even my cat who is skittish is less scared them him. She gets scared often, but my dog is always in the orange cause he's scared of something.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    There are people talking in another thread that the lampshade fear happens when you go to get the preventative shot at the vet. It's possible that the shot is bugged so that the pet gets traumatized for a while instead of just being afraid for a short time. We should probably avoid the shot for now until the devs can look into it.

Ahh... well, I just went to get the dog a shot so he wouldn't get sick and now he is afraid of everything. Kk, at least I know why :)

Hope it will get sorted soon.
  • Kb6755Kb6755 Posts: 3 New Member
    I put my dog On a leash until the orange moodlet went away
  • majesticspartan2majesticspartan2 Posts: 1 New Member
    i have 5 cats that were having the same issue. I tried repairing the game and debugging them. Neither worked. So i tried taking them all on a 2 day vacation, and at the end of the vacation they were white instead of red. They haven't gone back to red yet.... so try that
  • Kb6755Kb6755 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Aeris said:
    > To me it happened when I was working full time on my clinic.. As I took some days off my dog was back to normal.
    > So maybe the pets are scared because they feel lonely?

I managed to fix mine by just putting it on a leash when the lampshade issue comes up
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I have this issue as well.And yes, its the vet, because I took my dog to the vet and got him a shot to prevent illness now he's stuck scared.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »

I just wanted to say that I always ensure that all of my mods can be used in any language without needing to be translated. You will not see any German text strings in any of my mods.

The bug is caused by the preventaive shot and the wellness-treat. In case of the wellness-treat, your pet will be constantly afraid for 4 days, in case of the preventative shot, it will be for 14 days. The mod prevents and repairs both bugs.

Your mods are terrific -- thank you for them.
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Asked my Daschound what was wrong and both times it was Fear of wearing the Cone of Shame.
  • MissDutchSimsMissDutchSims Posts: 1 New Member
    > @83bienchen said:
    > Felicity wrote: »
    >
    > If you're willing to use mods, this one may work (no clue -- I don't have pets yet). The mod author and site is German, but I've never had a problem using any of her mods regarding localization. Anyway, she has two cats and dog mods up, one to fix the fear and one to remove most clothing from the random animals generated.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I just wanted to say that I always ensure that all of my mods can be used in any language without needing to be translated. You will not see any German text strings in any of my mods.
    >
    > The bug is caused by the preventaive shot and the wellness-treat. In case of the wellness-treat, your pet will be constantly afraid for 4 days, in case of the preventative shot, it will be for 14 days. The mod prevents and repairs both bugs.

I hope this mod works for me cause my pets are scared all the time and I'm considering to give them up and I really don't want to do that