Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online Dating and MatchMaker Service!

Please bring them back! It's 2017, a lot of people are using dating apps now a days. Matchmaker may be old fashioned, but I miss it! We do have the wishing well wish for romance but it's just not the same!
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    agreed! I loved browsing profiles on the computer in TS3 while searching for my sim's future spouse. definitely miss having that!
    6riwm5.png
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I concur! I really miss that feature! I also miss the catfishing sims in ts3 :lol:
  • NextTrickAnvilsNextTrickAnvils Posts: 100 Member
    I admit that there are times where I just can't find that right sim for someone by just going to lots and waiting for someone. Or I look at the household management and there's a great sim but they never seem to show up on lots. So a dating app feature or matchmaker would be awesome.

It would be nice with a dating app feature for it to have both a "looking for" and "not looking for" feature. As an example, you have a sim use it and say "looking for sims with these traits: active, cheerful, and foodie" "not looking for sims with these traits: hates children, slob, and noncommittal."
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I think this should have been in the game since day one.
  • ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    I've been missing this feature too and I hope they bring it back in the near future...
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I admit that there are times where I just can't find that right sim for someone by just going to lots and waiting for someone. Or I look at the household management and there's a great sim but they never seem to show up on lots. So a dating app feature or matchmaker would be awesome.

It would be nice with a dating app feature for it to have both a "looking for" and "not looking for" feature. As an example, you have a sim use it and say "looking for sims with these traits: active, cheerful, and foodie" "not looking for sims with these traits: hates children, slob, and noncommittal."

Chemistry needs to come back then!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • tachy0nictachy0nic Posts: 5 New Member
    Agreed! This would be a really great addition!
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    Yes!!! This was such a cute option and great if your sim was ridiculously busy or woke up at 4 am.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    and make sure married sims (unless they're playboys) don't get calls from other married sims or vice versa
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I just started playing TS4 and haven't had a chance to discover all the features, but now I'm sad knowing this isn't in the game yet. It seems common sense, since that's how many people meet their BF/GFs today. I remembering liking this feature a lot in TS3 legacies, since it's hard to find "the one" for Sims just waiting for someone to walk by or show up on a lot. So far, I've found romance a lot more challenging in TS4 than the prior Sims games.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member

Wonderful idea. I concur.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Please bring them back! It's 2017, a lot of people are using dating apps now a days. Matchmaker may be old fashioned, but I miss it! We do have the wishing well wish for romance but it's just not the same!

Yes the game could make use of the homeless townies who are single on the app. I don't want any married sims popping up like in TS3. Also a dating app should also be on the sims phone since there isn't always a pc nearby.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I would like the matchmaker or some digital within game equivalent of it for blind dates etc, just to add some mystery and random to the relationship storyline. Maybe more of a digital thing/app given that we're now in 2017 (and also the actual Matchmaker in TS2 was very annoying!) Joining a dating agency online would be fun, and you could have a club rep who sends you a message saying "x sim likes your profile, would you like to go on a date with them?"...and so on and so forth.

I would also like to be able to have a sim find certain traits attractive or unattractive (not just the good vs evil thing), but I know I'm really drawing on TS2 Hot Date here :/ Right now it's possible to use the club system in GT for 'speed dating' in a sort of rough way, and for accelerating or randomising relationships but it's not quite the same and can have some serious consequences for other relationships if not really strictly monitored.

I also remember that you could predetermine sim gender preferences by having them 'check out' a sim of same or other gender. I would like to see some aspect of that back, but with more leeway to include sims who like both genders.

I dunno, I guess that would work for me. Those are some of the features of TS2 that I really loved in terms of relationships and I would be happy to see them come back.

I'd also like if the elders weren't immediately at death's door if they fell in love with a younger woman/man, but that's another matter...

I feel like this is a Game Pack potentially, rather than a Stuff Pack :/ but not enough for an EP.
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    Yes please!!!!!! I marry any old sims sometimes because it really isn't that hard! I want the chase I want the chemistry and online dating and blind dates it would be so much fun! Oh please sim gurus add some spice into our sims dating game <3
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member

Yes the game could make use of the homeless townies who are single on the app. I don't want any married sims popping up like in TS3. Also a dating app should also be on the sims phone since there isn't always a pc nearby.
    I would like maybe one or two married sims popping up. I’d like the drama that comes with it.

It would be nice knowing a sim’s traits (maybe not all three) and job before dating them.
    I’d also like the idea of a few sims not wanting to going on a date and rejecting “requests,” catfishing, or a matchmaker setting up bad dates/ matching making site giving us bad matches.
    I just like drama :lol:
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

I would like maybe one or two married sims popping up. I’d like the drama that comes with it.

It would be nice knowing a sim’s traits (maybe not all three) and job before dating them.
    I’d also like the idea of a few sims not wanting to going on a date and rejecting “requests,” catfishing, or a matchmaker setting up bad dates/ matching making site giving us bad matches.
    I just like drama :lol:

Well maybe sims who are players like Don Lathario or the Calintie Sisters.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I actually enjoyed that feature in 3 though they seemed to always say my sim was lying about her body type. D: Rude.

Blind dates would be pretty cool, especially if you don't know the Sim you're going to meet. Like you're going to meet them at X location for your date. Actually miss the feature from 2 with sims being able to be attracted or not attracted to certain features of another sim.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    I would love an online dating app.
  • topfianceetopfiancee Posts: 1 New Member
    This app is very nice and impressive and I would say a big thanks for sharing with us.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I would like this for sims. I used this i real life so my sims should be able to use this also.
    Plushisim wrote: »
    I would love an online dating app.

Same.
  • BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    This would be awesome. I would love if turn on and turn offs came back too.. and chemistry
  • Gaming_ElizabethGaming_Elizabeth Posts: 6 New Member
    I think dating websites or an app for the cell phone would be awesome, it would definitely take going on dates to a whole new level.
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    You know what, something like this could actually work.

Maybe there can be a new action in the game where one can use their cellphone to go on “Simder” (or something like that). And the sim can swipe through a max of 3 options a day and if he/she swipes right on a person, they can automatically receive the option to go on a first date with that sim.

No married sims on the app though, unless they have the commitment issues trait lol
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yeah, seeing as Sims 4 is trying to keep up with the times, I don't understand why there's no online dating!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png