Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Mods: Cats and Dogs/Nov. 2017

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited November 2017
    can anyone with cc load up households yet?? I cannot

If your CC is incompatible, it needs updating - game updates won't fix that. Sofas and counters are definitely not ready for that: pull those files out. You can update beds in Sims 4 Studio now (the newest version). If things still won't open, it may be CC that has not yet been reported here.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    simmersarah's custom traits are (unsurprisingly) broken. she doesn't plan on updating them so I'll just have to pull 'em out from my game. :(
    6riwm5.png
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    "Have Some Personality Please!" by PolarBearSims has been updated. (http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5297659#post5297659)
  • KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    > @LyricSimsz15 said:
    > Does the cc furniture you guys mentioned break with the patch or the pack?

the pack
  • PanachePanache Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone having the issue where you can't pick up your pet? I've updated all mods listed in here, but I am still unable to pick up my pet, despite high relationship.
    so since i am going to wait for the "cc patch fix " for the sofas and beds. i have figure out for me leaving the supossed broken cc in the game doesnt effect anything at all. it just wont let me place it. since some work and some dont itll be a guessing game from here on out. a bit of an anoyance since i have 5000+cc and mods. mods all working fine on my part. but as far as custome sofas and beds. not so much. for other cc like kitchen stuff its a hit or miss. mostly a hit. im gonna estimate a week for the patch minamum. a month at most. since thi is sorta a huge issue i think. (even the sims people use cc and mods) anyways that my 2 cents!
    oh and make sure to update ui cheat exstentions as it is causing most of the errors with cas!
    > @FluorescentSoap said:
    > can anyone with cc load up households yet?? I cannot

yes i figured out i needed to update ui cheats exstention mod. and if you have the cas colum module thing thats broken. after that everything is working smoothly with the exception of beds and sofa cc.
  • aud_limhingaud_limhing Posts: 53 Member
    I know some people mentioned cc sofas and love seats causing a problem. I'm experiencing the same thing. SIms would be unable to watch TV or even eat. I hope a fix comes out soon
    New MC Command Center update! Thanks to @Bonxie for the info:
    Bonxie wrote: »
    y4mFZBixtfTlvcm7MJtHKsx9NW2_SaQkQUi8A_PzEWiHIkB_qbHAZUcK985-HYaJe3OQcstw7ls1mPorug0IxzsGEOIck2vGCUGcWj46nUFE1LLrKda8aYvFsyExcLfcTHOEMw4Pp3sUgDskNeaxjXSid02iEIebB9XM_WbVVXio17Xs3mBe2GEj-fykCwcLEojiR2XxfLMgtCJ18pr7Px-0A?width=278&height=256&cropmode=none

Next MCCC hotfix 3.9.5 for game version PC 1.36.102.1020 / Mac 1.36.102.1220 (patch date 2017/11/09) is out!

Please note @Deaderpools comment:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    All known script errors have been fixed. I'm sure there are still some more out there, but I've fixed all the ones that have been reported to date.

Things I've definitely included in this hotfix are:
    • Changes for Pets
    • Fix for manual renaming of NPC babies setting
    There will be ongoing problems with the setting to "Adopt Neglected Child" will continue to cause problems until I get some more serious time to look at it. EA totally changed the way they handle neglected children so I need to see how it works now to figure-out how to fix it. I recommend disabling the setting until then.

Killing Sims will not spawn the Reaper or generate an Urn/Gravestone. EA changed this code as well and it will have to be re-analyzed.

@Deaderpool's tumblr site is working again, but download the hotfix still for free from the Patreon site:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-5-15313487

It's for FREE, there is NO NEED to create an account and log in. EVERYBODY has access and can download it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LocilieLocilie Posts: 2 New Member
    Since I installed Dogs and Cats my sims can't eat anything at all. I tried to disable mods and cc and it worked, so clearly something is conflicting with the new expansion.
    I want to play with dogs and cats in my legacy family, but the family is worth absolutely nothing without my cc.
    Has anyone else experienced this bug and knows which mod (or can it be cc?) that causes it?
    I tried deleting the most commonly mentioned mods in the thread but with no luck ...
    edited November 2017
    Locilie wrote: »
    Since I installed Dogs and Cats my sims can't eat anything at all. I tried to disable mods and cc and it worked, so clearly something is conflicting with the new expansion.
    I want to play with dogs and cats in my legacy family, but the family is worth absolutely nothing without my cc.
    Has anyone else experienced this bug and knows which mod (or can it be cc?) that causes it?
    I tried deleting the most commonly mentioned mods in the thread but with no luck ...

CC causes this. Please pull out sofas in particular. CC sofas are not compatible with Cats and Dogs (yet). CC beds can be batch-fixed in the newest Sims 4 Studio, but it's not updated for some of the pack-specific furniture issues.
    > @luthienrising said:
    > FluorescentSoap wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If your CC is incompatible, it needs updating - game updates won't fix that. Sofas and counters are definitely not ready for that: pull those files out. You can update beds in Sims 4 Studio now (the newest version). If things still won't open, it may be CC that has not yet been reported here.

is there gonna be a batch fix for the sofas and other cc that doest work or should i go through and remove everything that doesnt work and wait for new cc created with the new patch?
    > @luthienrising said:
    > FluorescentSoap wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If your CC is incompatible, it needs updating - game updates won't fix that. Sofas and counters are definitely not ready for that: pull those files out. You can update beds in Sims 4 Studio now (the newest version). If things still won't open, it may be CC that has not yet been reported here.

is there gonna be a batch fix for the sofas and other cc that doest work or should i go through and remove everything that doesnt work and wait for new cc created with the new patch?

You'd have to ask the Sims 4 Studio people that.
  • CourtLuvesSimsCourtLuvesSims Posts: 54 Member
    My sims won't eat food from a table or cook. The refrigerator (maxis fridge and stove) or stove interactions aren't working. The menu is there and they can select the option to cook, but then it disappears. The only way I was able to get the sim to eat was to drag the food to his inventory and selected the "eat" option from there... but even then they won't stop holding the bowl....

Any ideas on which broken mod/cc is causing this?
  • LocilieLocilie Posts: 2 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Locilie wrote: »
    >
    > Since I installed Dogs and Cats my sims can't eat anything at all. I tried to disable mods and cc and it worked, so clearly something is conflicting with the new expansion.
    > I want to play with dogs and cats in my legacy family, but the family is worth absolutely nothing without my cc.
    > Has anyone else experienced this bug and knows which mod (or can it be cc?) that causes it?
    > I tried deleting the most commonly mentioned mods in the thread but with no luck ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > CC causes this. Please pull out sofas in particular. CC sofas are not compatible with Cats and Dogs (yet). CC beds can be batch-fixed in the newest Sims 4 Studio, but it's not updated for some of the pack-specific furniture issues.

Thank you for the answer!
    I pulled both sofas and beds out of my CC, but unfortunately the problem is the same ...
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Panache wrote: »
    Anyone having the issue where you can't pick up your pet? I've updated all mods listed in here, but I am still unable to pick up my pet, despite high relationship.

In my game, this was due to LittleMsSams pregnancy mod (the one for the smaller bellys). When I took that out, it worked well.

It could also be caused by a mod that disables certain walkstyles, basically any mod that tweaks the object_sim ressource.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    fyi even with the batch fix some beds do not work!
  • PanachePanache Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Panache said:
    > Anyone having the issue where you can't pick up your pet? I've updated all mods listed in here, but I am still unable to pick up my pet, despite high relationship.

As an update, I figured out is that it was a series of the "Pilar_" collections that were causing my mod conflict.
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    > @83bienchen said:
    > Panache wrote: »
    >
    > Anyone having the issue where you can't pick up your pet? I've updated all mods listed in here, but I am still unable to pick up my pet, despite high relationship.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In my game, this was due to LittleMsSams pregnancy mod (the one for the smaller bellys). When I took that out, it worked well.
    >
    > It could also be caused by a mod that disables certain walkstyles, basically any mod that tweaks the object_sim ressource.

That should be fixed now
    ~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • Singer209Singer209 Posts: 20 Member
    So why am I getting am endless loading screen when I try to play my house hold...

Singer209 wrote: »
    So why am I getting am endless loading screen when I try to play my house hold...
    If you've ruled out CC - if this is happening with no CC or mods - it's possible that you found one of the bugs. Have you deleted Sims from that world? See the first post in this thread. If you did that, the only option is to restore an earlier save. Then don't delete Sims at all until after the game is patched to repair the bug.
  • Singer209Singer209 Posts: 20 Member
    I still have the endless loading screen and uninstalled WW so is there any other mod that's listed in the following that creates this issue nd commands, 3D Lashes, Extreme Violence, or UI those are the only mods I use... So if they don't cause the problem could it potentially be a game problem all my other cc are CAS and Furniture... do I delete the furniture or do I have to wait for December's patch to play my game again... if this helps I only have the holiday free pack I don't own any other sims 4 stuff, game, or expansion packs.
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    > @CourtLuvesSims said:
    > My sims won't eat food from a table or cook. The refrigerator (maxis fridge and stove) or stove interactions aren't working. The menu is there and they can select the option to cook, but then it disappears. The only way I was able to get the sim to eat was to drag the food to his inventory and selected the "eat" option from there... but even then they won't stop holding the bowl....
    >
    > Any ideas on which broken mod/cc is causing this?

I had the same problem, took me ages to realise too, even though 'Graycurses Overhaul Mod' was updated also the Custom Food Interactions mod, I still needed to remove All of the recipe cc, only icemunmun, of the recipes I have seem to be updated for pets (ie: also because there is more 'items base game for pets' I guess). Thing is there are soooo many recipes, I'm leaving it a long while before I'll bother adding them again.

I only left the Custom Food Interaction in my Mods folder, had to remove ALL recipes and any other (like Graycurses) for my sims to be able to cook again.

Sasha
    Z7FwSmQ.gif
    Singer209 wrote: »
    I still have the endless loading screen and uninstalled WW so is there any other mod that's listed in the following that creates this issue nd commands, 3D Lashes, Extreme Violence, or UI those are the only mods I use... So if they don't cause the problem could it potentially be a game problem all my other cc are CAS and Furniture... do I delete the furniture or do I have to wait for December's patch to play my game again... if this helps I only have the holiday free pack I don't own any other sims 4 stuff, game, or expansion packs.

Game updates won't fix CC; you need Sims 4 Studio for that.
  • aud_limhingaud_limhing Posts: 53 Member
    > @Locilie said:
    > Since I installed Dogs and Cats my sims can't eat anything at all. I tried to disable mods and cc and it worked, so clearly something is conflicting with the new expansion.
    > I want to play with dogs and cats in my legacy family, but the family is worth absolutely nothing without my cc.
    > Has anyone else experienced this bug and knows which mod (or can it be cc?) that causes it?
    > I tried deleting the most commonly mentioned mods in the thread but with no luck ...

I found that the sofa or couch ccs are causing the issue. Anything that disappears and requires you to go in and out of the lot would cause that issue for me

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top