Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game or expansion pack do you wish you did not purchase?

Comments

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I wish I never purchased Get To Work. I think it was hideous that they allowed that game to be released with alien settings as they were & then patched them out. Like who releases a product, lets consumers pay money for it & experience the game play as released, & then make changes to it after it's released that effect the core game play. I did see that they increased alien abduction in today's patch, so we'll see.

The detective career is currently completely unplayable. & with retail, you can not move your household to a new lot without losing your store & hard earned perks. Though I love the scientist career, GTW is probably one of the heaviest bugged EPs, so I wish I didn't purchase it.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have never regretted buying everything they have ever made for all the Sims games. I would have regretted not buying something though - but that probably won't ever be a regret I'll ever have, as sooner or later I get everything and use everything.

I try to be a bit more careful because i was not with sims 2 and 3 and had regrets but i usually end up with everything.
    I wish I never purchased Get To Work. I think it was hideous that they allowed that game to be released with alien settings as they were & then patched them out. Like who releases a product, lets consumers pay money for it & experience the game play as released, & then make changes to it after it's released that effect the core game play. I did see that they increased alien abduction in today's patch, so we'll see.

The detective career is currently completely unplayable. & with retail, you can not move your household to a new lot without losing your store & hard earned perks. Though I love the scientist career, GTW is probably one of the heaviest bugged EPs, so I wish I didn't purchase it.

Sorry to hear that. Basically i feel that way about the vampires pack. I have to get a mod to control a feature which is the pack. I am going to try to be more careful in the future.

• RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    I regret buying City Living, it is an atrocious pack. And I bought it half price, but I still don't think it was worth it.
    RnM92 wrote: »
    I regret buying City Living, it is an atrocious pack. And I bought it half price, but I still don't think it was worth it.

I wonder if they will fix it sometime with a patch. Glad you got it on sale.
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Tbh I don't think it's fixable. Aside from the glitches (the only fixable bit), the content of the pack is so lacklustre. I'm still angry at how they handled the apartments (can't build any, completely fixed lots, can't have apartments in other worlds etc). The city is very dull, boring and feels empty. There wasn't much new content or stuff to do. I just felt extremely bored and frustrated playing it right from the get go, and got fed up after about a week and stopped playing. I can't believe they thought this was acceptable for a Sims expansion pack.

Tbh I don't think it's fixable. Aside from the glitches (the only fixable bit), the content of the pack is so lacklustre. I'm still angry at how they handled the apartments (can't build any, completely fixed lots, can't have apartments in other worlds etc). The city is very dull, boring and feels empty. There wasn't much new content or stuff to do. I just felt extremely bored and frustrated playing it right from the get go, and got fed up after about a week and stopped playing. I can't believe they thought this was acceptable for a Sims expansion pack.

I have not played that pack so i really cant comment. I wish they had made the vampire pack so the vampires stayed in their town
    I know in sims 2 you could have them overrun your towns by biting. However these vampires in my game are all over the place.
    I have not been playing for awhile as the laptop i have is a cheap one bought out of necessity due to needing it because we had a housefire and the insurance communicated by e mail. I really cant play it well on an i3 processor.
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Vampires & OR. Hate all supernatural sims. Nothing to do in OR. Just purchased for objects & CAS items
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
    missmani09 wrote: »
    Vampires & OR. Hate all supernatural sims. Nothing to do in OR. Just purchased for objects & CAS items

I did the same with the vampires do you use a mod to get rid of the vamps?
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    All of them.
    p6tqefj
    alexandrea wrote: »
    All of them.

Exactly the way i felt about sims 3
  • camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    [quote="jimmysnan;d-927795"]Do you have a game pack or expansion pack you wish you did not purchase?
    I wish i never purchased the vampire pack i thought i would like it but i just dont. They need to tone down the vampires they are everywhere in my game.
    In sims 3 i wish i never purchased the Katy Perry Pack. That was the silliest pack i ever purchased.
    Both these do add things to my game the vampire pack offers some building stuff that i will use. The Katy Perry pack well not so sure what that offered me. Maybe a dress.
    I am not cutting down others for their choices and not comparing your likes or dislikes i am just wondering if you are like me and purchased a pack thinking you might like it or wanting to have all the packs in the set and you just dont.[/quote]

The deluxe pack could gave got it free. I ended up buying sims 4 2 years later bought deluxe feel kind of silly abd like I got ripped.
    Do you have a game pack or expansion pack you wish you did not purchase?
    I wish i never purchased the vampire pack i thought i would like it but i just dont. They need to tone down the vampires they are everywhere in my game.
    In sims 3 i wish i never purchased the Katy Perry Pack. That was the silliest pack i ever purchased.
    Both these do add things to my game the vampire pack offers some building stuff that i will use. The Katy Perry pack well not so sure what that offered me. Maybe a dress.
    I am not cutting down others for their choices and not comparing your likes or dislikes i am just wondering if you are like me and purchased a pack thinking you might like it or wanting to have all the packs in the set and you just dont.

The deluxe pack could gave got it free. I ended up buying sims 4 2 years later bought deluxe feel kind of silly abd like I got ripped.

I have the deluxe also I never use the hats or the music
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    City Living. Hands down.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Get to work, got it half price and still feel like I was ripped off. I only bought it for the doctor career and in the 2 attempts I have had at that career, I have never gotten above level 8, need to deliver baby.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    City Living. Hands down.

That has come up a lot. I have not been able to play in awhile I have been waiting for a new computer It came yesterday and I am busy downloading all the stuff it needs.
    Plainevil wrote: »
    Get to work, got it half price and still feel like I was ripped off. I only bought it for the doctor career and in the 2 attempts I have had at that career, I have never gotten above level 8, need to deliver baby.

Sorry you feel ripped off. Hope you use it in the future.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    The Sims 4. I've never regretted any sims purchase before this version. Learned my lesson, Maxis won't see any more of my money.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I am not cutting down others for their choices and not comparing your likes or dislikes i am just wondering if you are like me and purchased a pack thinking you might like it or wanting to have all the packs in the set and you just dont.

You should make this into a poll! This would be an interesting poll!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    ehaught58 wrote: »

You should make this into a poll! This would be an interesting poll!

How would i do that? I am not computer literate.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The only part of the game I've payed full price for, was the vampire pack. I love it.
    I didn't even pay full price for the base game, it's not worth paying full price for.
    The only other game pack I have is outdoor retreat. I kinda wish I'd got Day Spa instead. :/

I have all EPs except cats and dogs, which I only want for the world, not for pets, so I certainly won't be paying full price for that one.

The only stuff pack I have is Vintage Glamour Stuff, which I probably would have bought had I not won it.

At this point, I would like to get movie hangout stuff, and spooky stuff, Day spa, Parenthood, and probably C&D (for the world!!!), but I don't want to pay full price for any of them.

TS4 has been a bit disappointing. The only pack I've been super enthused about was the vampire one. I have all of the packs for TS2, and almost all for TS3, but TS4 doesn't make me want to spend money.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    None, there's a lot I dislike about each of them, but they always have small crucial features.

e.g. Get together: The world, clubs & all those woohoo locations.
    Movotti wrote: »
    The only part of the game I've payed full price for, was the vampire pack. I love it.
    I didn't even pay full price for the base game, it's not worth paying full price for.
    The only other game pack I have is outdoor retreat. I kinda wish I'd got Day Spa instead. :/

I have all EPs except cats and dogs, which I only want for the world, not for pets, so I certainly won't be paying full price for that one.

The only stuff pack I have is Vintage Glamour Stuff, which I probably would have bought had I not won it.

At this point, I would like to get movie hangout stuff, and spooky stuff, Day spa, Parenthood, and probably C&D (for the world!!!), but I don't want to pay full price for any of them.

TS4 has been a bit disappointing. The only pack I've been super enthused about was the vampire one. I have all of the packs for TS2, and almost all for TS3, but TS4 doesn't make me want to spend money.

Sorry the game was a bit disappointing for you. I know how you feel. I felt disappointed with sims 3 when it would not play. I loved the game but could not play it.
    I hope sims 4 gets better so you will not be disappointed.
    None, there's a lot I dislike about each of them, but they always have small crucial features.

e.g. Get together: The world, clubs & all those woohoo locations.

Nice way to look at it. There is something in all packs that interest me. But there are things i dont care for.
  • Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    I gotta go w/ Vampires. Was really disappointed to not have a toggle off option