Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Have Your Sims Evolved?

2...Next

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2017
    The Redhead was a Sim I made for my JAGInsanity Story.

Screenshot-38.jpg
    CC Hair, eyes...and skin.

Screenshot-30.jpg

My RL wife's Simself.
    CC Skin, Eyes. EA Hair

I tend to use a LOT of CC now. :D It's addictive. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited October 2017
    Then I upgraded my card and around this time I think I locked my butler in the freezer

T77u8Id.jpg

...coolness points if you got that :p

@CravenLestat LOLOL! I used to do that all the time XDD.

good-old-tomb-raider-times_fb_1254701.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @JoAnne65 Yes, please! I would love to have Kurt. Please PM me if you upload him. I rarely get the tags on here for some reason.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    @ZeeGee Like this tag didn’t work for me :| But I read it haha, I’ll upload him today and pm you the link :)

Edit, the result:

kurt-cobain-nirvana-unplugged-billboard-1548.jpg

fN43VtV.png

kurt-cobain-sims-3_orig.png

(no left handed guitar players in the game :p )

The link
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    In case more people like to download him, I gave him a bit too much chin I fear, ahem. So I've improved him. New picture and new link are in the post. Apparently there's a slider out there to give him the necessary cleft in his chin. I don't have that slider yet but when you do you can refine him.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    When I first started playing Sims 3 with a bad graphics card...

It was hard early on and premium content items like the Rim Rocking Basketball hoop from the sims store left me feeling empty

T9KF6dz.jpg

Then I upgraded my card and around this time I think I locked my butler in the freezer

T77u8Id.jpg

...coolness points if you got that :p

Then I got a Hewlett Packard laptop and life was good

jCsBzwx.jpg

:D

That butler freaking scared me SO much, I always locked him in the freezer, ALWAYS! // shivers.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I was waiting to post in this thread until I had a few things in order. I begun playing this game in June 2009, I went in on a late shopping night to pick up my collector's copy. I had previously gone around a whole year without playing TS2 as the family PC had broken down so I was ecstatic to be able to play my favourite series again. At some point around early 2010 I saved my Electronic Arts folder to a disc and many years later I re-discovered my old files. What I found was a bit of a shock...

My first sims that I can remember was my recreation of The Doctor and Rose Tyler from Doctor Who (I was really obsessed back then :sweat:). So here they are fresh from the bin. They're not too bad looking. Unfortunately upon further inspection in CAS they are severely weak jawed, the skinniest weight possible, have narrow heads and the tiniest noses. Note they have default skin and eyes below, they didn't when they were created.
    spAU3N.jpg
    yznuyJ.jpg

They started out in the house across the beach with sunflowers in the backyard. Then they had two sons, Ase and Wynn. So on the disc I found, this is the family I discovered. The two sons had married and had daughters of their own. I don't remember any of this. Surprisingly one of the wives is named Destiny Alto... so Vita and Nick had another child?
    8YDmvJ.png

Now you will see what I meant when I said severely weak jawed. Ase's face is so skinny and narrow!
    qIAD3G.jpg

I left him alone and focused on his mother, Rose. I had to edit her as a ghost to see her as an elder. She is practically just bones! Note there is default skin and eyes applied here.
    wV828y.jpg

I returned her to YA status and widened her head, put some weight on her and filled out her cheeks and nose. She is looking a bit too Britney Spears-esque for me but it's a good comparison.
    i90xes.jpg

If you think they are pretty shocking, wait until you see this disaster of a sim! I don't know her name but she has to be my first if not one of the very earliest sims I made. Narrow and long face, narrow nose, bug eyes... yuck.
    DjxqxK.jpg

Now onto the founders of my generational game that I am still playing to this day. I created Kerry and Andrew sometime in 2010 and you can see that I have made a bit of progress in learning how to make nicer sims. You can tell especially with Kerry that she's not stick thin and her jaw is a bit more rounded out. Note the default skin and eyes...
    fYosZ5.jpg

I edited her a little bit and had some fun with the sliders. I didn't try to make her look like original Kerry, just a sim that's not the usual pudding look.
    XF2TSX.jpg

So there's been a lot of evolution in my sim-making. Obviously finding the right cc can work wonders, but I also think having a knowledge of what will look good for future generations and how to make a sim more interesting than just the stock standard and middle-of-the range is learnt through experience.

Here are some recent-ish pics of some sims I have worked with.
    Screenshot-86.png
    89zCFT.jpg
    yg8P7n.jpg
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    coco wrote: »
    I was waiting to post in this thread until I had a few things in order. I begun playing this game in June 2009, I went in on a late shopping night to pick up my collector's copy. I had previously gone around a whole year without playing TS2 as the family PC had broken down so I was ecstatic to be able to play my favourite series again. At some point around early 2010 I saved my Electronic Arts folder to a disc and many years later I re-discovered my old files. What I found was a bit of a shock...

My first sims that I can remember was my recreation of The Doctor and Rose Tyler from Doctor Who (I was really obsessed back then :sweat:). So here they are fresh from the bin. They're not too bad looking. Unfortunately upon further inspection in CAS they are severely weak jawed, the skinniest weight possible, have narrow heads and the tiniest noses. Note they have default skin and eyes below, they didn't when they were created.
    spAU3N.jpg
    yznuyJ.jpg

They started out in the house across the beach with sunflowers in the backyard. Then they had two sons, Ase and Wynn. So on the disc I found, this is the family I discovered. The two sons had married and had daughters of their own. I don't remember any of this. Surprisingly one of the wives is named Destiny Alto... so Vita and Nick had another child?
    8YDmvJ.png

Now you will see what I meant when I said severely weak jawed. Ase's face is so skinny and narrow!
    qIAD3G.jpg

I left him alone and focused on his mother, Rose. I had to edit her as a ghost to see her as an elder. She is practically just bones! Note there is default skin and eyes applied here.
    wV828y.jpg

I returned her to YA status and widened her head, put some weight on her and filled out her cheeks and nose. She is looking a bit too Britney Spears-esque for me but it's a good comparison.
    i90xes.jpg

If you think they are pretty shocking, wait until you see this disaster of a sim! I don't know her name but she has to be my first if not one of the very earliest sims I made. Narrow and long face, narrow nose, bug eyes... yuck.
    DjxqxK.jpg

Now onto the founders of my generational game that I am still playing to this day. I created Kerry and Andrew sometime in 2010 and you can see that I have made a bit of progress in learning how to make nicer sims. You can tell especially with Kerry that she's not stick thin and her jaw is a bit more rounded out. Note the default skin and eyes...
    fYosZ5.jpg

I edited her a little bit and had some fun with the sliders. I didn't try to make her look like original Kerry, just a sim that's not the usual pudding look.
    XF2TSX.jpg

So there's been a lot of evolution in my sim-making. Obviously finding the right cc can work wonders, but I also think having a knowledge of what will look good for future generations and how to make a sim more interesting than just the stock standard and middle-of-the range is learnt through experience.

Here are some recent-ish pics of some sims I have worked with.
    Screenshot-86.png
    89zCFT.jpg
    yg8P7n.jpg

Do you have your remote resent sims up for download ? They are so pretty !
    Happy Simming!♥
    @MemoriiValentine Thank you. The first sim is CravenLestat’s Molly Makeover sim http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9150481. The second sim is Jennifer Sato from Hidden Springs. The third sim is my 9th generation sim Emiko. Finally the fourth sim is Sun Young Kim from Shang Simla.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    @MemoriiValentine Thank you. The first sim is CravenLestat’s Molly Makeover sim http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9150481. The second sim is Jennifer Sato from Hidden Springs. The third sim is my 9th generation sim Emiko. Finally the fourth sim is Sun Young Kim from Shang Simla.

They look so pretty ! :)
    Happy Simming!♥
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @coco I like how your sims have progressed. Rose turned out really pretty even with a hint a Britney Spears. Can I ask where I can find the hairstyle your avatar is wearing? Also, the female sim with black hair... Emiko or is that Molly? Very beautiful. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Thanks @SimplyJen :smile: My avatar's hair is a conversion by deggdegg http://deggdegg.tumblr.com/post/162711572956/a-conversion-of-leahlilliths-malibu-hair-all. The sim in the top image next to the picture of the butterflies is Molly. The bottom picture with the two girls, left is Emiko and right is Sun Young Kim. Sorry if that was confusing :smile:
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Thanks @SimplyJen :smile: My avatar's hair is a conversion by deggdegg http://deggdegg.tumblr.com/post/162711572956/a-conversion-of-leahlilliths-malibu-hair-all. The sim in the top image next to the picture of the butterflies is Molly. The bottom picture with the two girls, left is Emiko and right is Sun Young Kim. Sorry if that was confusing :smile:
    Thanks for the link! Yay, more good quality CC hair.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    Its funny to share gaming progress with other people! Keep it up!
    I remember 7 years ago and control 8 sims at once, really a challenge!