Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading all of the new issues with the Nov 7th patch!

Comments

• Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Same family, same butler but a new home and the LE error is still thrown when the lot loads initially. I will roll a new game and do some testing. I wondered if there were any other reports.

Hello
    Try testing to see if the butler causes the same errors if he is with another family in the game,

House 1, Family 1, Butler 1 = Errors
    House 2, Family 1, Butler 1 = Errors
    House 2, Family 2, Butler 2 = No Errors
    House 1, Family 2, Butler 2 = No Errors

Now I need to test the butler 1 in house 1 with family 2 but I am having a devil of a job getting the game to allocate the desired butler. What is the best way to get the game to give me the butler I want?

Hello
    I don’t think that you can choose a certain Butler.

Well I used to use the manage household screen to delete all NPC spawned butlers until I only had the one I wanted remaining. Not infallible but works well. However currently, if I delete sims from the Manage Household UI the game fails to load with an onscreen error message and an LE Error gets thrown all about 'Relationship Locks'. Consequently, I can't delete sims that way.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Same family, same butler but a new home and the LE error is still thrown when the lot loads initially. I will roll a new game and do some testing. I wondered if there were any other reports.

Hello
    Try testing to see if the butler causes the same errors if he is with another family in the game,

House 1, Family 1, Butler 1 = Errors
    House 2, Family 1, Butler 1 = Errors
    House 2, Family 2, Butler 2 = No Errors
    House 1, Family 2, Butler 2 = No Errors

Now I need to test the butler 1 in house 1 with family 2 but I am having a devil of a job getting the game to allocate the desired butler. What is the best way to get the game to give me the butler I want?

Hello
    I don’t think that you can choose a certain Butler.

Well I used to use the manage household screen to delete all NPC spawned butlers until I only had the one I wanted remaining. Not infallible but works well. However currently, if I delete sims from the Manage Household UI the game fails to load with an onscreen error message and an LE Error gets thrown all about 'Relationship Locks'. Consequently, I can't delete sims that way.

Crinrict has posted to not delete sims from your game as it is causing the error 102 issue.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Since the C&D patch I am getting a LE error thrown when I load my family with a Butler. The LE is Butler related and I don't get the LE when I don't have the butler. I fired and rehired the butler but that makes no difference. I get the error thrown when I remove the mods folder and delete the localthumbcache file before loading.

The butler seems to be working fine and doing all the tasks normally so I will probably live with the error thrown as the lot loads. It would be good to get it fixed.

Before I try and raise a bug report, are there any suggestions? @rosemow maybe.

Hi, have you tried just firing the Butler? well, you do not have to directly fire him just go in and let go of the service. Then after you run your family without a Butler for a week. try a Butler again. This is a new patch so everything is more of a test until they fix the problems.
    The best thing in your case your Butler works as usual.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    KAYLANDAKAYLANDA Posts: 19 Member
    I don't know if it's been posted yet but when I try to play the game or go to create a sim, the UI is gone. Some of the controls on the top are gone too. The camera controls work in game play, but if I try to leave game play, the screen turns black and the only thing I can see is her thought bubbles and progress bars. The build mode icon is grayed out and says I can only edit from the world map. In create a sim, I can drag her body and scroll in and out, but I can't do anything. If I wanna exit the game during either of these, the game won't let me leave. I have to shut down the computer because it won't let me leave otherwise. The only thing I can do is build. I can leave and go to lots I'm building on as I please but otherwise my game is pretty much useless.
  • Options
    KAYLANDA wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been posted yet but when I try to play the game or go to create a sim, the UI is gone. Some of the controls on the top are gone too. The camera controls work in game play, but if I try to leave game play, the screen turns black and the only thing I can see is her thought bubbles and progress bars. The build mode icon is grayed out and says I can only edit from the world map. In create a sim, I can drag her body and scroll in and out, but I can't do anything. If I wanna exit the game during either of these, the game won't let me leave. I have to shut down the computer because it won't let me leave otherwise. The only thing I can do is build. I can leave and go to lots I'm building on as I please but otherwise my game is pretty much useless.

Hello @KAYLANDA
    If you have More Columns for CAS mod, it is causing this issue. You need to remove it and then install the new updated version when it is released.
    The UI Cheats Extension mod is also causing issues and needs to be removed also.
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    The hidden objects cheat does not work for the debug Items ever since the patch came out
  • Options
    The hidden objects cheat does not work for the debug Items ever since the patch came out
    Hello
    After putting in the cheat, you need to search in build/buy mode by typing in the word “ unknown”
    The word “debug “doesn’t work now.
  • Options
    YamchaTsukutsunYamchaTsukutsun Posts: 5 New Member
    I have been having trouble using PCs and loading some of my lots also.

Ever since the patch, the PCs have been like background objects, as in I can not even click on them or highlight them.
    I can still use tablets but normal PCs cannot be used.
    I tried removing a gameplay mod that I throught was the cause of the problem but that did not help at all.

I guess I better stick to Sims 1, 2 and 3 until someone finds a solution.
  • Options
    I have been having trouble using PCs and loading some of my lots also.

Ever since the patch, the PCs have been like background objects, as in I can not even click on them or highlight them.
    I can still use tablets but normal PCs cannot be used.
    I tried removing a gameplay mod that I throught was the cause of the problem but that did not help at all.

I guess I better stick to Sims 1, 2 and 3 until someone finds a solution.

Hello @YamchaTsukutsun
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    YamchaTsukutsunYamchaTsukutsun Posts: 5 New Member
    @rosemow
    I have already fixed the problem.
    Turned out it was another gameplay mod that had caused it.

I found out from someone from Tumblr in their post and I decided to remove that mod from my folder.
    and my PCs and previously unloadable families were usable again :smiley:

For those with simular problems it was a cheat mod.
  • Options
    @rosemow
    I have already fixed the problem.
    Turned out it was another gameplay mod that had caused it.

I found out from someone from Tumblr in their post and I decided to remove that mod from my folder.
    and my PCs and previously unloadable families were usable again :smiley:

For those with simular problems it was a cheat mod.

Hello
    It is good that you have found the cause of your issues :)
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I believe we are not supposed to get the same Butler if we have fired him or her.
    Also when you know it will be a patch day or a new download just remove your mods, then after you can put them in one at a time or a bunch at a time so you will know what works. Then you will know if its the patch that's causing you problems, or if it is your mods.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I'm checking each of my lots to see what has been removed, and my café says it's incomplete because I don't have a toilet... but I have a restroom with SEVEN toilets...
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Reitanna wrote: »
    I'm checking each of my lots to see what has been removed, and my café says it's incomplete because I don't have a toilet... but I have a restroom with SEVEN toilets...

Hello
    Try changing the type of toilet that you have used there and see if that helps. If they are cc or the talking toilet perhaps the game isn’t classing them as fitting the requirements .
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have an issue I noticed. I changed the sims max to 200 (which it says is recommended) because it was on 80 and I currently have 168. Anyway, it messed up my game. One of my sims (The teen) could no longer eat or clean up dishes or do anything at that. So I exited my game without saving and went back in and everything was back to normal. Is there anywhere I can report this bug? I'm playing Vanilla (No mods no cc) and recently reinstalled my game (Oct 27th) and just started playing Yesterday to check for issues with the new patch. This happened to me just now.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    I have an issue I noticed. I changed the sims max to 200 (which it says is recommended) because it was on 80 and I currently have 168. Anyway, it messed up my game. One of my sims (The teen) could no longer eat or clean up dishes or do anything at that. So I exited my game without saving and went back in and everything was back to normal. Is there anywhere I can report this bug? I'm playing Vanilla (No mods no cc) and recently reinstalled my game (Oct 27th) and just started playing Yesterday to check for issues with the new patch. This happened to me just now.

Hello @MzPigglyPooh
    Try testing by changing the sim max setting again, and see if the same issue occurs. It may have been a glitch that occurred before, and it may not occur again.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Tagging @SimGuruNIck @SimGuruArvin
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

Hello @MzPigglyPooh
    Try testing by changing the sim max setting again, and see if the same issue occurs. It may have been a glitch that occurred before, and it may not occur again.

So far changing it from 80 to 200 again hasn't shown any more issues. I even left to manage worlds and went back to the household and it looks like its fine so far. Thank you @rosemow. I was scared to save the first time lol.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options

Hello @MzPigglyPooh

So far changing it from 80 to 200 again hasn't shown any more issues. I even left to manage worlds and went back to the household and it looks like its fine so far. Thank you @rosemow. I was scared to save the first time lol.

It is good that the issue hasn’t occurred again :)
  • Options
    I'm also noticing some shadows are blocky for both CC and game stuff

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    Reitanna wrote: »
    I'm also noticing some shadows are blocky for both CC and game stuff

Try altering your graphics settings and see if that helps. Try seeing if there is a change if you have laptop mode on or off.
  • Options
    laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    this patch is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off really bad. I can't use any sort of MODs or CC now. i shouldnt have bought pets. i think i'll go back to sims 2
  • Options
    this patch is plum me off really bad. I can't use any sort of MODs or CC now. i shouldnt have bought pets. i think i'll go back to sims 2

Hello
    Some mods and cc have updated new versions that you can use. This thread has a list broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017#latest
  • Options
    yeah, I'm pretty plummed too, especially since all of the debug items I had on lots have magically disappeared, and then my game tells me items are missing, but I can't even figure out which ones. did this happen the last time an EP was released?

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    @rosemow I have all of my settings on the highest possible and I'm not in laptop mode. it's the same as I've always played, and I've got a kick 🐸🐸🐸🐸 graphics card

K7ZEXAi.png