Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kgaff's Build n Share Entry - page 4 - #206- We Need Some Space

Comments

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited December 2014
    Lamplight English Cottage

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8518300

Inspired by a paining by Thomas Kincade, this home was built for my Homemade Holiday SIMS 3 Gift Exchange buddy...Ivanna420.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Screenshot-8_zpsc2afbdd4.jpg[img][/img]Screenshot-9_zps928684ed.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-10_zps5278e176.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-14_zpsb6b224f8.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-13_zpseeee78db.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-12_zps889952df.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-9_zpsb3a6fa51.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-15_zps7b952988.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-19_zps5783c5b6.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-21_zpsd2d31e59.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-20_zpsff5b3135.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-22_zps764e5a6d.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Lamplight Castle
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8518301

This is an unfurnished castle built in Midnight Hollow at 10 Swallow Street next to the Gastly Graveyard. This home was built for my Homemade Holiday SIMS 3 Gift Exchange buddy...Ivanna420.

[img][/img]Screenshot-23_zpsaba14a1a.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-25_zpsa94895ba.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-24_zpsa68973a8.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-30_zps178ebbb0.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-28_zpsec1fa6de.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-29_zps82917bc7.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-31_zpsa38f487d.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-27_zps3a259dec.jpg
    Winter Wonderland
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8523958

Built for the McCord family as their winter home. This is the place to spend the Christmas holidays. Three bedrooms, 4 bathrooms. Upstairs is an open concept floorplan with the Kitchen, Dining and Living room all open for those large holiday parties. There is also a lounge with bar and one bedroom. Downstairs is a large family room with games, two more bedrooms and a sauna. The family rooms opens onto a large outdoor living area with spa, firepit and play area for the kids.
    created by Kgaff

screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    A very nice showcase you have here! :)
    sigg.gif

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is great that you have added your homes that you have been creating to your showcase thread. I have posted about them on the other threads that you have posted them on so I wont write again here, but just wanted to say again that each of them are very nice! :)
    Hey look this is still here!!! :)

Build n Share #195 - The Wishes of the Dead

Everlasting Slumber Cemetery

screenshot_original.jpg

The cemetery, keepers cottage and the family
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Some misc pictures

screenshot_original.jpg
    Lady
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The boys, Dante and Cerberus
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

When I went to play test the lot the silly game put the Weather thingy right in the middle of my build and the three dogs immediately ran over and started barking at it.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I guess you could consider it a totem of/for the dead. ;)

She really got a nice cottage! I love the mix of the fences. That stone looks great there! I also like the mix of the dog houses. Interesting mix with Lady being light colored too. Lovely landscaping! I think it's great you included a drive as well.
    The layout and design of Everlasting Slumber Cemetery looks very nice! :) Very nice outdoors areas. The angel statue near the arch is a nice touch. The lilypads pond and statue is the middle of it looks very peaceful. The flowers look nice though the outdoors, and it looks great how you have used the paving to do the pathways. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the cottage! The corner tv watching nook is very nice! The sims will enjoy resting on the sofa or rocking chair, watching tv. or reading a book. The sunflowers are a sunny touch there on the coffee table . The kitchen and dining area looks very nice. Nice windows dining area for her to enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating a meal. It is great that the woodstove oven is in the kitchen.
    I am sorry that you had the issue with the weather totem
    The simversions of the dogs look great! :)
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Oh how beautiful! Such a perfect little cottage, and I adore those columns and arches you arranged <3 That pond is truly a lovely feature with the lillypads and statue.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Kgaff, did that weather thing spawn spontaneously on your lot? :open_mouth: That's so weird how it does that!

I like your lot; I can see how it totally fits your play style. :) It's a nice, homey little house, and a great lot for a couple of dogs to roam around and play in. :) The pond is great, and makes the whole place look very serene.

You know, it doesn't really look like a graveyard at all. At least not like the ones in the game. :) I like how peaceful it is. A nice, relaxing place to go to visit with your ancestors.

How big is the lot? It looks fairly large in the pictures, but that can be misleading.
    Thank you for the kind comments @rosemow @ciane @creativemetaphor and @MiaSkywalker

Mia, that weather totem pole is placed randomly by the game when you start up a new game. I cracked up when it choose my new build.

The lot is 40x40 in Sunset Valley where the junk yard is usually placed. I wanted my graveyard to be a friendly place instead of dark and gothic.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

What a sweet graveyard. Such a nice, welcoming place for any sim to want to stay. Well done :smiley:
    edited November 2017
    Challenge #196 - The Third Sister - Carrie

38190672356_ffe4ea65a7_c.jpg

I went with a semi modern contemporary style of house this time. I choose this because it can be modern, comfy and traditional all at the same time.

Carrie is a brave daredevil with a very friendly side. I also thought of her as athletic and loving the outdoors. I think her house brings the outdoors in with lots of windows and a patio with a vine covered pergola. Back yard landscaping is minimal in order to keep the backyard open for sports.

The open floor plan works well in this small house giving small area a light and airy feel. Instead of doing a formal dining room, I thought a huge island with a bar and seating all around would be fun for her. My tester sim tried it out and it works great.

The album of pictures can be seen here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157688993311234
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    pssst, just noticed:
    Instead of doing a formal living room, I thought a huge island with a bar and seating all around would be fun for her
    I think you meant instead of a formal dining? ;)
    pssst, just noticed:
    Instead of doing a formal living room, I thought a huge island with a bar and seating all around would be fun for her
    I think you meant instead of a formal dining? ;)

Oh MY!!! Thanks for catching that!! Some times my brain lags behind my typing!!! I also just noticed that I have the wrong pics of the guest bath. It looks like a white tunnel. :#
    We've all done it! At least there's plenty of time to reshoot pics!
    edited November 2017
    The exterior design of the home looks very nice! :) The slanted roofing, and brick wall texture give a very nice look to the home.Very nice outdoors areas! The pool patio is nice. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool or relaxing poolside on the loungers in the sunshine. The flowers and greenery are pretty on the edges of the home and on the exterior walls. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen is very nice and the island bar looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal .The fruit bowl, knife block, and hanging pans are nice kitchen touches there.Very nice sofa and arnchairs sitting areas for sims relax and listen to musiic with sunshine coming in through the windows
    It is a viery nice home!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    You have some really lovely and appealing homes in your thread here showing a variety of styles. Of those I could see (I could not see quite a few of your pictures) The Sweetheart's Hideaway has great curb appeal and I especially like the Villa com Amore, the Lamplight English Cottage and the Winter Wonderland. I also really like your caretaker's cottage for the Wishes of the Dead Challenge and your mid-century modern for the Third Sister Challenge.
    cwaddell wrote: »
    You have some really lovely and appealing homes in your thread here showing a variety of styles. Of those I could see (I could not see quite a few of your pictures) The Sweetheart's Hideaway has great curb appeal and I especially like the Villa com Amore, the Lamplight English Cottage and the Winter Wonderland. I also really like your caretaker's cottage for the Wishes of the Dead Challenge and your mid-century modern for the Third Sister Challenge.

Thanks @cwaddell ! Too bad photobucket ruined so many threads by taking down pictures.

I started this thread thinking I would keep it current but like so many things I put it aside. Most of the early builds were done with only the base game and a few EA worlds. I had only one stuff pack and no expansions until sometime last year!! Now I almost own the store but forget to use most of it!
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #197 - Familia

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT:

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157690624178115

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Included with the above album

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20, Overlook Road in Lucky Palms(lot placed by me so no real address), 39,685

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I wanted to convey a southwestern adobe style for this house so it would have Spanish or Mexican feel. I also wanted a house that wasn't "square". I always loved the little courtyards with fountains that I have seen in New Mexico and just had to fit one in this house.
    The house has three bedrooms, two baths, a large eat-in kitchen and a large living area. Outside there is a yard big enough for kids to play, a covered patio and a small courtyard with a fountain.
    The Rivera Family
    Mateo is a brave, family oriented young adult who loves hamburgers, his favorite color is purple. He has learned to be frugal and has taken classes in handiness. As you can see by looking at him he is quite charismatic.
    Sophia, even though she doesn't like doing homework, is a whiz on the computer. She loves the outdoors and all things yellow. She is glad to be part of a loving family again.
    Adrian loves all things to do with space. His also a whiz on the computer and some of his teachers have mentioned the word genius. He is an adventurous little guy and like to try new things.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a no CC no CAP no CFE

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    25006520518_ae0339b1cf_z.jpg
    The exterior design and layout of Familia is very nice! :) Very nice roofing on the home and the courtyard areas are very nice! The types of windows used looks very nice. Very nice open plsn layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice sofa and armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting resting there watching tv together, with sunlight coming in through the windows. The design of the kitchen and dining area looks very nice! The type of furniture used suits the style of the build well. The chillies , mexixan hat and lizard are a great touch on the kitchen walls and the patterned floor tiling looks great! Very nice wall patterning in the bathroom . The purple, blue and yellow colour schemes of the bedrooms give a very nice look to the rooms.
    It is a very nice home for the family :)
    edited December 2017
    #197 - Familia - The Story

A few weeks later...

I am doing the final walk through of my latest build when my phone starts ringing...I glance at the caller ID and see it's Kris Kringle. Hoping he has good news I answer it immediately.

"Kris, have you found him?," I ask before even saying hello.

Kris chuckles and says "Hello to you too, but yes I have good news. We found him."

"How is he? Are his parents and grandmother with him" I ask.

"No, he was alone, I fear they are all truly gone. He was in a neighboring village and couldn't get back due to all the damage and the impassable roads. He was tired, hungry and dirty. He was doing all he could to help the villagers get back to normal. He's a good boy. He was so very happy to find out Sophia and Adrian were safe and can't wait to see them."

I tell Kris that the house is ready and we make arrangements to meet up and reunite the small family.

"The new house is in Lucky Palms, it's ready and waiting. Some of my employees volunteered to go down the villages to help out and amazingly they were able to recover some family items before the village was cleared. I hope they will bring back happy memories and that the kids will be happy there."

"I'm sure they will be," says Kris. "I'll see you in a few days. Let's keep it a secret from the kids and make it a big surprise for them."

I smile and say "Wonderful idea, see you soon."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the appointed day I load the kids up in car and drive to the address Kris gave me.

At first I don't see anyone. Then out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of red disappearing into the distance. At the same time as Sophia, I spot a young man in the clearing, "MATEO!!" she screams and jumps from the car almost before I can get it stopped.

She runs across the lot and flings herself into his arms followed closely by Adrian.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there Niña, but I will protect you from now on," Mateo tells Sophia.

Adrian asks Mateo about mama and papa. "It is just the three of us now and we will make the best of it."

"OH NO! How will I find someplace to live with no simoleons?"

Seeing Mateo freaking out, I slowly approach the reunited threesome and point to house across the street. " See that house? It's for you and the children. A gift if you will, from my construction firm and Kris Kringle. Please don't say a word, just go and be happy together."
    *aaaaawwwwwwww* :heart:
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Awwww indeed. A great entry for the challenge :smiley: