March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Builds by cwaddell - latest is Basic Beach House

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Thankyou @king_of_simcity7 , @rosemow and @soocoolsim for your lovely comments. :)
    edited November 2017
    Build-n-Share Challenge #196 The Third Sister - Carrie

Prairie House

I decided to try a Prairie style house for this challenge.

EITOTmb.jpg

I built it on a 30X20 lot at 327 Skyborough Blvd. in Sunset Valley (after bulldozing the house that was there). It has a great room with kitchen, dining and living areas and 1 bedroom with an attached bathroom. There is also an additional smaller bathroom with shower on the main floor. There is a pool in the backyard surrounded by a high fence. For added privacy and security a burglar alarm is installed on the front porch. There is also a basement with roughed in exercise area, bath and recording studio with sound booth that can be completed when the client has more funds. There is enough room in the great room for the band to jam together.

Exterior
    EITOTmb.jpg
    BcEYdA7.jpg
    geXJb68.jpg
    TSvZmLZ.jpg
    ljuWEkM.jpg

lot overview, also shows roof detail
    bKPtXdO.jpg

back deck
    jfxzdLt.jpg

pool
    y79XMce.jpg

front entry
    3EAXTPQ.jpg

Layouts
    gbF1Nuw.jpg

basement as is, roughed in
    4WgUDKm.jpg

basement showing potential
    j9LUrT8.jpg

Interior
    arcAzXx.jpg
    aiVjCLp.jpg
    8ehHbvu.jpg
    BvZhNjD.jpg

nfZz7VG.jpg
    jF7qgJg.jpg
    dJLvESO.jpg

umymDdt.jpg
    Bp2Lkw5.jpg

Msjxj5p.jpg
    X5gw3sn.jpg

There are three areas that could be utilized for future expansion -

1. another 5X6 bedroom beside the guest bathroom. It would require moving the table, umbrella and chairs off the deck down to the ground by the pool, removing the side fence (temporarily), extending the deck foundation another 3 spaces and putting up the walls, etc

2. expanding the basement and/or reconfiguring the basement.

3. using the empty yard to the left of the house for a detached garage (ETA: possibly with attached pool house/guest house), or another bedroom wing or a carport with bedroom and bath behind it an attached bedroom with bath and carport in front.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Very nice exterior design of Prairie House :) The roofing looks great! Very nice fenced back deck and pool patio! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table on the back deck , or enjoy resting poolside on the loungers in the sunshine. The flooring on the patio looks very nice. Very nice layout of the interior! It is great that there is a basement level in the build. The furnishing of the interior areas looks very nice. Very nice colour scheme of the home. Sims wil enjoy listening to music whilst dining at the dining table. The hanging basket is a nice touch in the kitchen. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. Very nice windows sofa and armchair sitting areas in the living room. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them as they are watching tv or reading a book there. The leadlight lamp in the corner nook is a nice touch. Very nice master bedroom! The type of curtains used gives a very nice look to the room. The leadlight lamps look pretty on the bedside tables and the leafy pictures are a nice touch on the wall. The wall and floor tiling in the bathroom give a very nice look to the rooms!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • AdrianT95AdrianT95 Posts: 9 New Member
    All of your buildings are awesome! <3 my favourite is the beach house, I love that kind of lots :D, very good job! :)
    @rosemow and @AdrianT95 , thank you very much. :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love the brick, the roof, the landscaping, and that nice back patio! Awesome build.
    @ciane thank you.

Although we have almost a whole month until the next challenge I have RL stuff and also I can go back to redoing the houses in Moonlight Falls. :)
  • eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    There were some empty places, you could add more plants and paints! :D
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I posted this on the BnS thread too! ;)

@cwaddell I love the ranch style and your use of a contrasting wall color around the window works great!! I love the windows and doors you used and some of the small clutter items are so cool. Too bad I'm on a CC diet, I'd like have this in my game. :)
    @eric6a01 and @Kgaff Thanks for your comments.

I am currently working on a cabin for aricarai's cabin contest

I have built the lot and created my sim and moved her in but still need to upgrade plumbing and electronics and depreciate everything and then add the art work.

Here is Alma moving into her cabin. Some of the landscaping may change after I see how much the lot costs after depreciation.

2FIyfF8.jpg

Alma Wilde

The backstory blurb with her reads something like this:

Will Alma find happiness living full time in the vacation cabin she inherited from her grandparents? Being a writer Alma can work anywhere and being a loner she is content to spend long hours alone on her current book. Whenever she gets a writer's block Alma gets inspiration from the outdoors that she loves - fishing, sailing and walking in warmer weather and ice skating and snow boarding in the winter. But will Alma make new friends and maybe find that someone special?

kd29AdI.jpg
    BOWCwaN.jpg
    C2VTInx.jpg

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Oh what a perfectly delightful cabin :) Love the pond nearby, nothing like fresh grilled fish for dinner!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Looks delightfully serene. A perfect getaway cabin :smiley:
    The cabin looks very nice! :) Very nice roofing and wall texture, which give a nice homely look . The roof covered front porch, and flowers either sides of it looks great!
    I hope that your work on the interior goes well :)
    Thank you @ciane , @creativemetaphor , @soocoolsim , @BreeMiles and @rosemow for your kind remarks. I've been very busy with RL this past week but plan to get back to this build this weekend.
    Well, I created a second version of my cabin .

The first version was too expensive so I made it slightly smaller. I also decide to orient the cabin with the front porch facing the street and the back entry in the back of the property so the clothesline could not be seen from the street. The wall overlooking the pond had two windows originally but I decided to replace them with French door onto a screened porch. In the end I had to eliminate some furnishings to get it under budget, including a love seat on the screened porch. Some of my outside shots still show that love seat.

edited December 2017
    Wilde Cabin, built as part of the holiday cabin and create a sim contest

UJHoDuq.jpg
    FFrV41R.jpg
    kzCfX9W.jpg
    k7mbQdJ.jpg

link to the Wilde Cabin within budget

This 2 bedroom, 1 bath cabin was uninhabitable many years ago when Stephen Smith bought it as a vacation cabin for his family. Over the years he and his son, Frank, repaired it and improved it, even adding a screened in porch. Later his granddaughter, Alma, spent much time with her grandpa here where he passed on his love of the outdoors and his love of books. Now Alma Wilde has inherited it and plans to live here full time writing her books and enjoying the beauty of her surroundings.

It costs $32,641 on its 30X40 lot and is located in Hidden Springs

Appliances upgraded:
    Self cleaning - kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, tub/shower
    Unbreakable - washer, stereo, TV
    Fireproof - fireplace
    Improve meal quality - stove

IGoEFbh.jpg

layout
    Ly70Azd.jpg
    FXBRSkH.jpg

interior

open living area

0s6DQN9.jpg
    aCMUDuf.jpg
    x4Eftah.jpg
    h95ZSj1.jpg
    SfUBtz2.jpg
    OV1fNnK.jpg

screened porch

vzKThyl.jpg
    OzT1LSP.jpg

bedrooms

6JGM3hT.jpg
    u1JqVrG.jpg

987rhfK.jpg
    VvMeijx.jpg

bath

hHezWlr.jpg
    9maZtDw.jpg

misc

WrNA7vb.jpg
    gmUqHbX.jpg

Exterior through the seasons
    summer evening

MkP8cYA.jpg
    7zClOFt.jpg

Fall

first day of fall was sunny
    cbxAytC.jpg
    LufDWA7.jpg

second day of fall started with fog
    YpwHG2d.jpg
    and a rainbow
    BxgKNVv.jpg
    then cleared off
    VcdtDN7.jpg

third day of fall saw the first frost
    cY4A8DM.jpg
    YOimThd.jpg

winter

n5T7oPm.jpg
    eYbEEav.jpg
    RNr5plf.jpg

decorated for the holidays
    czsz9oj.jpg
    TLRyHSm.jpg
    K5IJO9z.jpg
    77gOW42.jpg
    5Jexvev.jpg
    voqQdjH.jpg
    6XkfpBR.jpg

Link to Alma Wilde, household

Link to Alma Wilde pictures
    Post edited by cwaddell on
    edited December 2017
    The exterior of Wilde Cabin looks very nice! :) The screened porch is great ! Sims will enjoy sitting in the hanging chair there in the sunshine, with nice views of the pond. Very nice roof covered front porch, and the flowers are pretty either sides of the porch. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The log wall texture gives a nice cabin look and feel to the home. Nice fireplace sitting area for sims to enjoy resting on the sofa in front of the fire, watching tv and listening to music from the gramophone. The tv looks great placed in the corner nook and the caught fish is proudly displayed on the wall! The patterned floor rugs and curtains in the living areas and bedrooms add a very nice look to the room areas in the home. Very nice dining area, for sims to enjoy eating meals with sunlight coming in through the windows. The corner nook plant is a nice touch there. Very nice and homely kitchen area. The texture of the countertops looks nice, and it is great that there is an island bar stool counter. Very nice study desk corner nook for Sims to enjoy sitting there using the portable computer. The wall tiling in the bathroom looks very nice. Very nice loft reading nook!
    The pictures of the cabin in the different seasons and decorated for Christmas looks very nice! The rainbow looks very lovely in one of the pictures!
    It is a very nice cabin build! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is a very nice cabin build! ;)

Thank you. :)
    I edited my Wilde Cabin post to reflect the updated link. The original was not in budget because I did not take into account the cost of the lot. So I removed some things - laptop, small juniper tree in the back yard, some light fixtures (adding some of the free buydebug lighting to replace them).

Hidden Tree House

- a tiny house on a 10X10 lot in Hidden Springs

v8tUExt.jpg

exterior
    bP39DZs.jpg

n6WhUS3.jpg

ERUBpCS.jpg

plZdLFY.jpg

main floor
    0K8zPab.jpg

2Fk2Gg5.jpg

qYpcDdd.jpg

HzEZkKn.jpg

top floor
    dHUfQDK.jpg

OLOcitR.jpg

2BfIP4N.jpg

Du3aZCu.jpg
    The design of the home as a tree house looks great! :) The texture of the exterior and interior walls gives a great look and feel to the build ! The windows look very nice how they are placed in a row on the walls. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in whilst in their home. Nice corner nook area for sims to rest on the sofa and read a book. The patterned floor rugs add a nice touch to the living area and under the bed. It is great that there is a corner study desk nook in the bedroom for sims to enjoy using the computer. It is nice that sims can enjoy relaxing on the loungers on the outdoors balcony looking out at the views.
    It is very nice treehouse build :)