Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sim Style Video Do You Watch Most On Youtube

CreativeSimmerCreativeSimmer Posts: 156 Member
Youtube-Creative Simmer

What Sim Style Video Do You Watch Most On Youtube 89 votes

Speed Builds
31%
NetNet11215aprilroseMrsTomato1018link4566alanmichael1simternetmastertaydevAlyssaKHdopaminedroidWinifred_Willowfidelis_x0jooxisdogboy678samemieSimmerNickYTfilipomelYardenroRangerlucyHarlowandMedyl_andwhat 28 votes
Create A Sim
1%
Heyyysims 1 vote
Lets Play
35%
DannydanboCherrysamaCrysteanaMagdaleenaroroprincess1229Lufferkinzifyajaxpostkittymeowakinatsukana28Petarce123Karababy52MasonGamerAkramATheSimerBerryCharmingBlueOvalesim@homemomdreamprisonerKyliesswartzPurrdalecki 32 votes
Edited Story
7%
CynnaZeeGeeSiMsStoriessunlotusBusufuSimlishTVallharlowseve 7 votes
Challenges
8%
3KNPenfuwafuwapinkfroggiiqqtmcox1242KailaaaaSsimBeanTrinaboswell29LilyGraceGaming 8 votes
Videos Such As Birth To Death Or Poor To Ritch
1%
TerezaSims85 1 vote
Other
13%
SimsILikeSimssimgirl1010friendlysimmersgeoffreypaTheSingingSimmerorangehippogriffEmo-usagi2187EnkiSchmidtScobreDominicLaurenceEgonVMStrawberryYogurt 12 votes

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Other
    I do not watch any simstyle videos on youtube
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Lets Play
    I guess I watch let's plays most..? Idk, I don't watch tonnes of my sim videos. Idk If it has to say "let's play" at the front for it to be one, but same concept - people playing the sims. I don't really watch actual let's plays bc then I'd have to watch the whole thing and I have a short attention span and I'm not actually really interested in watching people play unless the person narrating it is funny. I like MattShea, Idk if he has made any sim videos in a while though...
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    Edited Story
    I prefer watching edited stories & I guess machinimas count for them as well?

My main reasoning for watching stories/machinimas is how creative, catchy, inspiring and fun they are. I'm not really into let's plays, they're good for a decision making aspect if I want to buy a pack I do not already own... Other than that? I would rather play the game then watch someone else play it. That's just me... With a machinima it actually tells a story without someone commentating on what the sims are doing, in a cinematic feel. I usually watch them when I have some spare time.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Edited Story
    Lately, I've been leaning toward more edited stories.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Other
    I only watch pre-release vids and reviews that showcase buy/build, CAS, and new gameplay.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Speed Builds
    I do love watching speed builds but I also watch some Let's plays but not consistently.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Other
    I usually watch trailers, but I also watch The Sims lists and... Ahem... Review some tutorials.
    But I do sometimes watch videos people ask to watch in the Youtube comments as long as they're The Sims videos...
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Lets Play
    My favourite type of sims youtube videos. I love the stories people create and it always gets me hyped to create my own stories and play the game.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I love different ones too be honest

I've watched lilsimsie for a while now I don't watch all her let's plays now just huntley,not so berry and 100 baby challenge. fixer upper and speed build if it's a good one

I love hatsy speed building and cas
    deligracy -sometimes speed builds and reviews I don't watch her let's plays
    Devon bumpkin -speed builds amazing
    Sophsims - speed build only

I like different YouTubers for different things
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Speed Builds
    I don't know what it is about speed builds that I love so much, I watch them all the time. My favourite speed build videos are ones where the builder talks in the background, either talking about the build, their day, or even a story. Hatsy is my favourite builder, she tells the most insane stories in her build videos while making really stunning creations I could never create to save my life.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited November 2017
    Speed Builds
    Speed builds for sure, I’m subscribed to and follow many builders. For LP’s I only watch Deligracy.
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Other
    None I only watch livestream and lgr
  • SerendipitiaSerendipitia Posts: 9 New Member
    I love watching speed builds and machinimas as well. I think CAS videos can be okay if they have a theme I'm interested in but usually I get a little bored watching them :( I think I'd love watching a Lets Play but I've not found any LPers yet.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Lets Play
    Well I use to watch Lets Plays the most, but ever since I got the game myself, I don't really watch the Youtubers who play sims anymore.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Lets Play
    Let's Plays, probably. Yeah. I can think of uh.. three series that I'm keeping up with currently. I dunno, I do find it really enjoyable to watch how others play the game I love, what they come up with doing in it, it's all fun.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Other
    I used to watch a lets play ages ago but not anymore. A sims lets play would bore me. The only sims relevant things I watch on youtube is official videos and lgr. Occasionally i listent to the the soundtrack from sims 1
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other
    I've loved Machinimas since the Sims 2 days. I think my favorite was one called deleted which oddly predicted the Sims 4 culling system we have moving deleted Sims to an empty white void.

I like Rémi's videos a lot:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCLKrNxj1g
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Edited Story
    I love Machinimas! <3 Before I used to watch a lot of let's play's but at the moment I stopped that. And of course all the trailsers form EA.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited November 2017
    Edited Story
    The edited stories are my favorite thing to watch and to create. It's amazing what some of these creators can do with sims, like Remi, as someone else already mentioned. For the most part I don't like just watching someone else play, but I do watch ajaxpost and karritz let's plays.
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • SimlishTVSimlishTV Posts: 157 Member
    Edited Story
    I like to watch edited stories and music clips. Sims is a game where you can shoot really great videos.
    9pwqto4xacbr.jpg
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Other
    I watch Sims music videos.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2017
    Other
    Scobre wrote: »
    I've loved Machinimas since the Sims 2 days. I think my favorite was one called deleted which oddly predicted the Sims 4 culling system we have moving deleted Sims to an empty white void.

I like Rémi's videos a lot:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCLKrNxj1g

Same here gosh i think watch for the 20th time in a row and still can;t get over how this was made and Bella and Mortimer became a vampires (happy sigh).
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    Speed Builds
    I tend to watch a lot of speed builds. I love their talent.

Can anyone explain what an “edited story” is? Or link me to one? I don’t think I’ve seen one.
  • CreativeSimmerCreativeSimmer Posts: 156 Member
    Lets Play
    fidelis_x0 wrote: »
    I tend to watch a lot of speed builds. I love their talent.

Can anyone explain what an “edited story” is? Or link me to one? I don’t think I’ve seen one.

yep, here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-iUEf8NFo&amp;t=1s hope that helps :)
    Youtube-Creative Simmer
  • Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    Lets Play
    i enjoy the lets play, its like watching a mini show and everyone take a different route. iv recently got into the speed builds too.