Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please tell me the pets won't randomly walk in the bars and restaurants

I saw in the early software videos, it looked like cats were just trolling in and out of shops in BB. I surely do not want to build a restaurant or club and animals are in and out!!! Will they be the make up of your patrons in the bars and clubs? No people, but loads of strays when a party is popping off? I hope not! I hope there is a door or a mod that will be made to keep animals out of certain venues!

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I think that there's a lot trait to keep stray animals away.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    You can lock doors to pets, although depending on the shop or restaurant I have set up, I probably would find it comical to have strays trying to come in and beg for food or wreck havoc by stealing someone's meal...lol. I do understand the concern though: You wouldn't want a party of strays messing up your family house party or black tie event. Again, I do know the doors can be locked to pets and as @Cynna mentioned I do believe there may be a lot trait to counteract strays. If not it wouldn't be hard to mod I'm sure.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This sounds irritating. I’m not a fan of strays period.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    According to what a guru said there won't be strays unless you have the welcome dog or cat trait. It's weird because I keep getting mixed messages every time I get new info
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    According to what a guru said there won't be strays unless you have the welcome dog or cat trait. It's weird because I keep getting mixed messages every time I get new info

I read somewhere there are only strays in BB not the other worlds. Random people and stray animals definitely affect game performance. So if A+B=C then BB will be the slowest/lagiest world we have.

Now if you don’t give your non-residential lots the dog and cat are welcome traits, you have to deal with these pets coming in and out of your establishment? Sounds awful.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited November 2017
    kXuc4Xb.png
    Found some pets at geekcon so, who knows?
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2017
    There's no GeekCon at 7PM... it ends at 5. Those two wanted to participate to the "karaoke contest", I'd wager. I Just hoped they didn't bested you ;)
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Even if there is a way (mod or otherwise) to stop strays, I'd still worry about Sims bringing their pet in with them. That was really the only thing that bothered me about pets in previous Sims games. It's fine at a park or even a cafe, but I couldn't stand them in clubs or crashing my weddings.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2017
    Not sure. I never had any "stray crashers" troubles unless a Unicorn was on the verge to give birth. And even then, I found it rather cute than troublesome.