Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to the Cats & Dogs price?

Comments

• wx_lixwx_lix Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I think it's interesting there are so many people in this particular thread with only 1-3 posts. I'm a bit suspicious actually. I've never seen so many new members in the same thread before. Like did 1 person make all of these accounts to further the cause or do I need a nap

I don't post because I don't feel very comfortable with my english... I'm a long time lurker xD
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think it might be good to tag @SimGuruDrake about this. Hopefully she can help you guys out or at least get in contact with another community manager about it in your area. Even though I do live in America, I do really care that my fellow Simmers in other countries get a decent deal on the packs they buy. That hike in price doesn't seem fair.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I think it's interesting there are so many people in this particular thread with only 1-3 posts. I'm a bit suspicious actually. I've never seen so many new members in the same thread before. Like did 1 person make all of these accounts to further the cause or do I need a nap?

Brazilian simmers usually use the Brazilian forum, but it's not many that do, also we don't have visibility there. If you are interested to know if this is a real concern of many. You can check a lot of posts about this, looking for "preço the sims" or "the sims price" on Twitter or Facebook. Our community is very more active on social medias.
  • ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    do hope this turns out to be a glitch, if not and its vendors putting the price up its disgraceful. hope the price drops for you
  • Purple-InkPurple-Ink Posts: 79 Member
    I wonder if whoever put prices in put in the price for the sims 4 base game + cats and dogs instead of for just the EP? I hope this gets fixed for you guys soon. :(
    Tumblr: plumbob-berries.tumblr.com/
    PurpleLilies0220 on the Sims 4 Gallery
    tumblr_oht9rrh8CP1v9ri2go10_r4_1280.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I really hope it's a glitch, I've been waiting to get it on the 10th for ages now but if the price is still increased I won't be able to. It doesn't make sense it's more than the other expansions but makes me wonder if they're trying to charge more because they keep saying it's a huge pack and had to higher the specifications. I'm so upset about this, it looks like I won't be able to play it for even longer now. I don't see how they can even higher the price a few days before? Without even letting us know??! I don't get it.
  • Dani_Semedo94Dani_Semedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    Is this happening only with latin american countries??
  • KeepTalkingKeepTalking Posts: 26 New Member
    > @Dani_Semedo94 said:
    > Is this happening only with latin american countries??

i think it happened first in brazil, now uruguay it seems according to one person, i saw someone saying south africa but i didnt double check.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I'll be tweeting the simgurus about this. Sometimes EA support don't really know much about The Sims specifically and they just check with whatever data they can find. I had someone who wanted to ask if their computer specs were okay for Cats & Dogs like a week ago and the EA rep asked if C&D was already out. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    > @DeKay said:
    > I'll be tweeting the simgurus about this. Sometimes EA support don't really know much about The Sims specifically and they just check with whatever data they can find. I had someone who wanted to ask if their computer specs were okay for Cats & Dogs like a week ago and the EA rep asked if C&D was already out. :D

any idea of the gurus we should tweet to and how can we get their attention ?
    edited November 2017
    > @DeKay said:
    > I'll be tweeting the simgurus about this. Sometimes EA support don't really know much about The Sims specifically and they just check with whatever data they can find. I had someone who wanted to ask if their computer specs were okay for Cats & Dogs like a week ago and the EA rep asked if C&D was already out. :D

any idea of the gurus we should tweet to and how can we get their attention ?

I already tweeted SGDrake, but you can tweet SimguruJM or SimguruRomeo cuz they worked on the packs. Of course, they might not know 100% since they're don't set the prices but I think they could ask around.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    > @DeKay said:
    > I already tweeted SGDrake, but you can tweet SimguruJM or SimguruRomeo cuz they worked on the packs. Of course, they might not know 100% since they're don't set the prices but I think they could ask around.

Thank you very much for your help <3
    > @DeKay said:
    > I already tweeted SGDrake, but you can tweet SimguruJM or SimguruRomeo cuz they worked on the packs. Of course, they might not know 100% since they're don't set the prices but I think they could ask around.

No problem. :) I think this is a pretty serious issue and it just doesn't add up. I hope you guys will get to buy the game soon.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    > @DeKay said:

No problem. :) I think this is a pretty serious issue and it just doesn't add up. I hope you guys will get to buy the game soon.

Have you tried clicking on it to see if it charges you also check the price on the website not orgin.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    > @DeKay said:

Have you tried clicking on it to see if it charges you also check the price on the website not orgin.

The website days the same as origin for me. :/
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited November 2017
    Purple-Ink wrote: »
    I wonder if whoever put prices in put in the price for the sims 4 base game + cats and dogs instead of for just the EP? I hope this gets fixed for you guys soon. :(

That's what I thought, we are supposed to get this bundle and maybe they messed it up. But now Uruguay also had a increase so I'm not so sure. Whatever is the case, they better fix it if it's a mistake, not only because the release day is tomorrow, but it's going to be a holy mess if it was indeed a mistake and the physical stores releases the expansion at the wrong price. Not to mention it's a questionable move, to say the least. RS150 for a expansion, good luck with that...
    Post edited by Livinity on
    Im feeling so sad, can't believe this sreiously. They ignore us, not even a sorry nor anything...
    How can you treat your fan community like this? I have all the sims 1 original collection here, all packs, i loved The Sims franchise...
    Give us some explanation :/
    Ok for some reason im not able to edit nor delete my post.
    I meant 50 euros for the sims C&D in* denmark?
    And did they give* any explanation ?
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm from Brazil and I'm the biggest TS4 fanboy ever, I'd buy a trash expansion just to have a complete collection. But for this price I really can't buy it. This is the money I'd only spend in a new triple A game I'd be really looking forwards to, not a The Sims expansion with almost no real content!

I'm glad I bought Cats & Dogs in pre-order while it had the normal price. If the packs raise their prices like this I'll play TS3, or grow out of The Sims 4 and play games actually worth that money! Really disappointed with EA, these prices are really absurd in Brazil for an expansion pack, and we're in the middle of an economic crisis so people really can't spend it that easily!
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    @KeepTalking indeed they did. A few days ago it was €40 and now it's €46. Although €6 is not a lot it's still weird that they raised the price like that... i think it's because of Black Friday coming up.
    HV83B28.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    50 euros in Denmark??? What? I paid like 36 in Belgium (access discount included, so 40 normal price). What is going on? Lol.

Anyway 100% price increase in Brazil for one pack only seems like a huge mistake (and if it isn't, it will become one cause who would pay that willingly?).

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruJM @EA_Mage @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruSteve and whoever else might be helpful here, can someone check this? Cause although I don't live in Brazil, this seems extremely off?
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Was hoping to come home from work tonight and see this was a mistake. It’s awful that EA would raise a price that has been advertised otherwise for so long. Now I’m seeing Denmark and Uruguay... not right. It doesn’t even make sense. The US can literally go to Target on Friday and Saturday, use a “cartwheel” (coupon) offer, and pay $20USD for cats and dogs brand new, off the shelf. So it’s inexcusable to do something like that. I’m going to buy a copy of cats and dogs for the physical box (I’m a collector) on Friday, so I’ll have an extra code. I’d gladly sell the code for the $20 I paid to someone that needs it. Idk if that’s allowed in the forums but what they’re doing isn’t right...
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited November 2017
    Denmark has high taxes, I've always paid more for everything and I'm used to it. But now it's just gotten to a ridiculous level.

City living for example was 40 euros aka 46 dollars. Cats and dogs is 48 euros aka 56 dollars. 56!!!! Really EA I know its a first world country but get a grip. This is just the origin price, while on a Danish gaming website I paid 38 euros aka 44 dollars. Still a bit more but not 56. I mean, yeah, never buying eps of origin ever again cause I don't even understand how this is a thing. Why is origin charging me so much?!?! It's the same country, just doesn't make any sense.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    Yes, the price has definitely gone up here in Denmark too - about 17%... I pre-ordered the game last month so it doesn't affect me, but I feel really bad for the people who had planned on buying it today.

Raising the price of a game in this manner - one day before release - is just not OK!!
    As far as i know theres no other stores we can buy from here in Brazil, so we can only get it from origin or from those sites that sell cd keys, but can we trust those sites for sure?