August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

How much custom content do you have?

Comments

• DaddeezKittenDaddeezKitten Posts: 4 New Member
    @LiesSim I was the same way. I've played sims since Sims 1 and never added anything. Well, that was until Sims 4 and the discovery of TSR. I simply can't stop dressing my sims in beautiful shoes and sexy hair. I've only downloaded clothes and accessories so far with no problems. I don't have enough computer savvy for mods. I'm perfectly content with playing dress up with my sim families. Happy Simming everyone <3
  • hindumonkey1hindumonkey1 Posts: 6 New Member
    I just started adding CC to my game now (I was a bit afraid of adding it in before) and I have 200 files so far- so much good stuff out there on TSR!
  • catxzycatxzy Posts: 8 New Member
    3.67gb

About 700mb is CAS related, the rest is mostly build/buy stuff... I have as much (if not more!) fun building and decorating lots as I do playing the actual game though, and I love rooms up. I only really experience any lag when I try using too many gameplay modifiers (like reduced townie generating, disabled autonomous actions, etc)... My laptop is from 2012 though - I imagine a newer computer would handle everything just fine.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 18,878 Member
    edited July 2016
    NVM.... :p
    ERHPbJq.png
  • EllieSimsterEllieSimster Posts: 31 Member
    I have a lot... But not as much as some of the other people here :D I think I have like 20-30 mods...
    Check out my YouTube channel!
  • TzKeG98TzKeG98 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have 20,6 GB at the moment, I started downloading cc last year And it's 7398 files and 55 maps :D
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »
    I see a lot of awesome creations using CC and mods but I'm afraid to install anything. I'm scared they'll break my game :open_mouth:

There is pretty low chance it actually break your game, especially if very few.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• fharlzfharlz Posts: 9 New Member
    It's mental seeing people say that 5-6gb is a lot. I have 20gb and 9000 files. Don't know how my game works so ridiculously smooth (I'm on a laptop! And not a gaming laptop, a £300 laptop!), takes 7-ish minutes to load up and it crashes if I click the screen whilst it's loading, but other than that somehow it works just perfectly.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 373 Member
    i feel like such a noob reading your answers...
    785 MB. including mods+cc.

-Yarden.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 206 Member
    My mods folder is just over 1mb. I started with some MCC modules, then added a couple of other mods. Have never used cc.
  • AlahyanaAlahyana Posts: 37 Member
    I only have the Command Center mod because I love to give more independence to non-played sims... I normally avoid mods because they freeze my game...

Sometimes I temporally install the mod for doing changes in apartments or use blocked stuff for apartments... but I eliminate it as soon as I finish to do the changes in the apartment or house...
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 290 Member
    Alahyana wrote: »
    I only have the Command Center mod because I love to give more independence to non-played sims... I normally avoid mods because they freeze my game...

Sometimes I temporally install the mod for doing changes in apartments or use blocked stuff for apartments... but I eliminate it as soon as I finish to do the changes in the apartment or house...

MC command Center is the only mod I have too, mainly for the same reason. I got it about a month ago and can’t imagine my game without it.

I have four pieces of CC(wedding dresses). I got them this past week. Don’t think i’ll get more. Previously I always played a vanilla game.

It’s the first time I’ve ever had mods or CC in the sims series.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I'm blushing... I have 21 GB Mods folder and 7726 files. The majority of it is CC with only 5 or so mods. Strangely enough, I got rid of about a thousand files. It feels nice to purge occasionally
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    302 files at 696 MB. The biggest files are the default skin replacements! I need to clean out some of my mods, though. Ha!

MC Command Center is so vital for me.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
    Too many *-*
    qqaY46EDR3iukoFhgbbWjA.png
    Sig.png

• CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited November 2017
    13.5 GB and 6795 files :flushed: I need to calm down and do a clean up lol. It's mostly CAS, décor, and mods. There's some make up items and hats I plan on removing
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 855 Member
    1.71 GB as of right now. 835 files. Mostly hair and clothing.

Good thing I am picky and mostly only download the stuff I actually like and see myself using.
    Good thing my taste is so weirdly specific.
    8VhSrwA.gif
    they/them
    deviantart | simblr
  • LeiaLeia Posts: 60 Member
    8,13GB and 5883 files... Too much? :p
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,358 Member
    In the past week I've been on a CC kick (never used CC in the sims 4 until just this week) my folder is now 2.44 GB the most is CAS items.
    Lord Beerus and Lord Frieza's Queen.
    tumblr_inline_nkkfq81Dwx1r5ight.gif
  • heavenlyhoshiheavenlyhoshi Posts: 21 New Member
    probably around 600??? I don't know I haven't checked it lately
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 344 Member
    edited February 2019
    I have 3,211 items in my mod folder...
    12.1 GB

I need help, I can't stop getting cc...
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • DreamySimsDreamySims Posts: 24 Member
    13.5 GB! I too, am a heavy cc user. I can't decide if I just want a maxis-match game, or an Alpha game, so I use both! That reminds me, I need to go clean out my folder because I have way too much broken cc..
    "Depwa Sanewash Depla Blah"
    (You! Yes you! Go away!)
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 404 Member
    I'm curious because most of these postings are a couple years old. I imagine those posters have more now. I run nearly 41 GB with no problems. I've dumped a lot of my mods because I build much more than I actually play. I actually know a couple players with 80+ GB. The mods are the problem with updates and I really don't need them that much. I do use the vampire toggle to keep them out of my game. I do not build for or play vampires or aliens. I do have a severe case of "I might need that someday". :s
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,212 Member
    4.51 GB, 2826 files, over 50 folders (keeping it organised). For me, having this much, it’s getting out of hand. :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Right now at 3600 files and that’s me being CAUTIOUS with downloading. Yeah.