The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited October 2017
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I am unable to use the design tool on the toddler blocks

T36wo7R.png
    cfuGcsQ.png

Also the color swatches on the Better than Bunny Decal, Rorschach Bunnies, Delightful Dino Stencil and the Unidentified Creature Stencils seems off for the blue hues (possibly switched?) The Cloud stencils however have the correct blue hues associated with the swatches.

b62Em1D.png
    Kkdiapw.png
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Not sure if this has been suggested but it would be cool to move entire floors up and down. Like if you build a house and it looks too big and you wanted to delete the first floor and move the rest down, that might be a good feature. Especially if it is close to finished. I imagine because the entire lot can be moved that moving floors isn't outside the realm of feasible haha.
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Nectere yes, that appears like a bug to me re: the blocks; will be sure to report on AHQ. The decals were already reported in the past. AHQ Report here.

@Nore while you may not be able to move an entire floor (unless it is all one room), you can definitely move rooms from floor to floor and thus accomplish what you're looking to do, albeit with a few more clicks than if you could just select the entire floor. Simply click on the room and then click on the Move tool, switch floors and place the room. One thing you can also do is redraw the floor as a single room using the custom room tool. You can then move the whole floor (since it is one room). I will add the request to add a shift-like functionality so that you could select multiple rooms and move them at once. That could come in handy for moving entire floors or simply portions of them.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @BryonyRae thanks for that tip! Although would this still work if you have used MOO to make designs on the roof or outer walls? I don't know how that could work with intricate roof designs.

edited October 2017
    @Nore roofing has to be moved separately, in the same manner as rooms. Objects placed on walls (actual wall objects) should move with the room, whether exterior or interior. Objects on the exterior that were MOO'ed and height adjusted to *look* like wall objects will probably not move, since they aren't actually attached to the wall unless they were placed through or partway through the wall.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @BryonRae Thank you for that information! What about objects that were placed on top of a flat roof using MOO and height adjustment? Thank you again!

@Nore yep, those should move with the room.
    edited November 2017
    A very exciting patch day for builders! It's a big one, and testing everything will take me a while, but I thought I'd go ahead and post about the cool new additions we have and the bug fixes that I've already verified.

New Stuff:
    • 4 New Roof Types - Pentagonal, Hexagonal, Octagonal, and Round
    • While holding a roof, press SHIFT+C to manipulate additional curvature points
    • Can extend eaves on all sides of Gabled, Half Gabled, Hipped, and Half Hipped roofs
    • Can now shrink objects with open bracket --> [

Fixes:
    • When hovering over rotation options for rooms and walls, objects that will be impacted by rotating will highlight yellow
    • The angled roof trim now includes a red color option (but note that the color does not appear correctly in its thumbnail, which I will be reporting)
    • The Gathering of Garden Stones object should no longer prevent sim routing
    • The Ornate Victorian Roof Line spandrel now properly places on flat round rooms
    • The "contains new items" identifier for clutter should now clear
    • Lot traits are now listed in alpha order
    • The Front Desk is now properly categorized as a desk
    • The Sette from the Park Place bench and Marbleized Chesterfield bench (from the Romantic pack) should now count as benches when creating a venue that requires benches (and they do, but note that they do not show up in the default "Park Items" filter, which I will report).

Lots more to test, and indeed, I will probably take a look at every single open issue we have, since it is such a large patch, and unlisted fixes used to sneak into patches like this back in the day. With any luck, our final list of fixes will be very long. :D Of course, we may well find new bugs (crossing fingers against it), and if you find one, please report it here and/or on AHQ! Thanks. :)
    edited November 2017
    I am seeing hashtags failing in the gallery descriptions. Is it just me? Like none of mine work in my gallery or maybe it will pick up the first letter of one hashtag.

jv6ibGT.png

as you can imagine there isnt anything in the gallery for just #p even tho that particular gallery item has it in the word Pool. I am seeing a pattern of only the letters P and N as the first letter of the hash being picked up.

Hashtags are still searchable by typing them in, but you cant click on them in the description boxes, hopefully that makes sense.

in other news I am in love with the shrinkage, finally I can clear my library of head shrunken items. Finally nightstands that dont dwarf the beds and omg this is my favorite update ever!!!! <3

Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited November 2017
    I should have known you had already started making sure this MASSIVE patch worked. Wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK!! and to say THANK YOU!! Now, I'm going in game to play with these new roofs and the shrinking 'ray'. :p

Had to come back. I am loving the shrinking 'ray'!!! Oh MY! Goodness. Builders Heaven!!
    11-07-17_3-47-55nbspPM_zpshhfbahgc.png
    Post edited by Cassee on
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    edited November 2017
    Oh hey the stencils got fixed

I will just keep adding here instead of a new comment until you say when

I am having some sorting issues with the roof patterns using the new roofs. Here I have joined two octagonals with a gabled in between - the pattern flickers and fights with the second roof type. Also using the same trim on all three pieces does not line up on the beveled out roof trim, or any of the original roof trims prior to update today. None of them are seamless. New roofs also appear to sit a smidgen higher off the wall and perhaps that is why their trim edge and patterns are not lining up?

ZHvfNME.png
    w76aXbp.png
    9oKY7TM.png

The round roof appears to be using a spiral to get the pattern around, I am not sure, but it defintely does not work with certain roof patterns and also suffer the same issues noted above with pattern sorting and trims

wfskbbr.png
    JOLwyHh.png

Lastly on the subjects of the new roofs, I am confused by the 5 and 6 since walls nor columns place on the same grid.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Nectere Yeah, I played with the new roof types for a few minutes. Your pics above pretty much tell all. I couldn't get the new roof edging to look smooth. I'll give Ms Bry a few days to go through ALL the 'fixes' and see what she can make of everything. In the meantime, you could always play with the shrinking 'ray'. It's awesome!!!!

Toodles <3
    Post edited by Cassee on
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    I'm noticing the same thing about the new roof types. I'm hoping they fix this over the next few weeks.
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I don't know if this is by design or a glitch but ... after adjusting the 3 curvature points on the roof, if you click back in holding down Shift and C it resets the roof so you will have to adjust all 3 points again.
    sawdust wrote: »
    I don't know if this is by design or a glitch but ... after adjusting the 3 curvature points on the roof, if you click back in holding down Shift and C it resets the roof so you will have to adjust all 3 points again.

I noticed when I did that to an existing roof I had made and when I shift + C it changed my roof angles (without actually moving any points). I was hoping it was just my odd roof angles.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Thanks for the heads-up on the roofing issues, guys. I will definitely be taking an in depth look at them!
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Awesome news on the update, @BryonyRae! Can't wait to see how it works out!
    Nectere wrote: »
    sawdust wrote: »

I noticed when I did that to an existing roof I had made and when I shift + C it changed my roof angles (without actually moving any points). I was hoping it was just my odd roof angles.

I don't think so. It seems to just be resetting the roof back to original shape when you click on it while holding Shift + C. :/
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Since the patch yesterday, I've noticed one weird minor glitch: if I place an object on a surface (like a table or a shelf), and then I try to move it elsewhere, the object continues to float in midair, at the same level as the previous surface. It's a bit like using MOO, but these are objects that haven't had any cheats performed on them; they've just been slotted into other objects in the regular manner, and then when I try to move them to a new surface, they don't slot in, because they're "floating." I've ended up deleting them and using a new copy of the same object instead. (I hope that makes sense!)
    6UGz4SO.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Since the patch yesterday, I've noticed one weird minor glitch: if I place an object on a surface (like a table or a shelf), and then I try to move it elsewhere, the object continues to float in midair, at the same level as the previous surface. It's a bit like using MOO, but these are objects that haven't had any cheats performed on them; they've just been slotted into other objects in the regular manner, and then when I try to move them to a new surface, they don't slot in, because they're "floating." I've ended up deleting them and using a new copy of the same object instead. (I hope that makes sense!)

I was not able to duplicate. Do you have any mods or CC? Do you have any mods that affect slots or being able to place more items on a surface? Was the item shrunken or enlarged? Did you have any cheats on at all?

I did notice that if I used a shrunken surface with an object, that object floats as the slots did not move down with the shrunken surface. Which is a shame, because I havent been able to get an object to sit on a shrunken surface unless I place it first then slide the shrunken surface under it - or it just doesnt have slots and I can moo it in place.

gaivvkG.png

Also it appears shadows arent shrinking with the object, in particular large wall objects. I havent tested every single one but it appears limited to a diffused shadow rather than an obvious plane shadow.

aGl6p6D.png
    oW68Mx0.png
    196w2ab.png
    bfrAFkK.png
    ZdzA7N5.png

Also, when shrinking large paintings that normally need a bigger area, they drop to the floor, I can move then up and down with 9/0 but when I grab them again to make any minor adjustment, they fall back to the floor.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Yeah, I'm seeing all the same issues you guys have with the roofs and will report them.

Regarding the SHIFT+C though, the way it seems to be intended to work is that once you press it for a given roof, it stays on for that roof. So say you're working on an octagonal, you do SHIFT+C and adjust your curvatures, then target a different roof, make some changes and want to go back to adjust curvature further on the first roof - just click on it; you'll see all your extra curvature points are still there. SHIFT+C at that point seems to be operating as a reset by removing the extra curvature points and putting the roof back to its original state. I think this may be on purpose and could actually be good functionality in the instance where you've been working on a roof and don't like what you've done but don't want to press undo a bunch of times (and maybe there was intervening work you don't want to lose). We may want to just learn to work with the tool as-is. I can definitely ask if this is intended functionality though.
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm seeing all the same issues you guys have with the roofs and will report them.

Regarding the SHIFT+C though, the way it seems to be intended to work is that once you press it for a given roof, it stays on for that roof. So say you're working on an octagonal, you do SHIFT+C and adjust your curvatures, then target a different roof, make some changes and want to go back to adjust curvature further on the first roof - just click on it; you'll see all your extra curvature points are still there. SHIFT+C at that point seems to be operating as a reset by removing the extra curvature points and putting the roof back to its original state. I think this may be on purpose and could actually be good functionality in the instance where you've been working on a roof and don't like what you've done but don't want to press undo a bunch of times (and maybe there was intervening work you don't want to lose). We may want to just learn to work with the tool as-is. I can definitely ask if this is intended functionality though.

Except that I clicked shift C on an existing roof and it changed the roof, like all the angles that were there before changed as soon as I hit Shift C, even tho I didnt not touch any points. Is that supposed to happen?
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Oh, I see what you're saying @Nectere - just clicking on SHIFT+C is changing the curvature of a roof already curved via non SHIFT+C curve points and isn't resetting the curvature completely, just changing it. Not only that, if you keep simply pressing it over & over, it gradually shrinks the curvature altogether... No, I don't think that is expected behavior. :D
    edited November 2017
    The frustration, if that is the way it is intended with Shift + C, is if you want to adjust just one curvature point you will constantly be having to adjust all 3 .. not to mention if you get it the way you want and want to change another roof but accidently click on the wrong roof!?! I sincerely hope that this is not intentional. It shouldn't change just because you select it. :)

Wait, forget what I just said I see now what's happening. Holding down Shift + C changes how many curvature points on the roof. If you want 3 instead of one hold down the Shift + C then it remains that way. You can now change the 3 points without holding down any keys. By holding Shift + C a second time and selecting the roof, it is changing it back to one curvature point which is why the roof is changing shape. :)

I've added the gable options in my Roof Tutorial over on the Aussie site.
    Post edited by sawdust on
    Yes, but it also shrinks the curvature each time you press it, if you keep pressing it on the same roof piece, @sawdust. It's a bit trippy - try it. :smiley:

Okay, guys, I have created AHQ reports for each of the roof issues that I currently know about. Please click on any that you have experienced and press the "Me Too" button to get dev attention for them.
    I'm going out of town with the family tomorrow and won't be back until late Saturday, so please bear with me regarding the other issues. Please continue to post any new issues that you find. You can also go directly to AHQ to report a bug, and I will look at it when I return. Happy Simming! :)