May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is going back to an old build?

I started building an older style home. It's loosely (very loosely) inspired by a Victorian home I saw the picture of, but I gave up in disgust because the roofing was abysmal. Now I've gone back to it so I can redo the tower bit with the right roof and hopefully fix up the rest of the roofing drama!

oCJVGK1.png

If I can fix the roof, the wallpaper is next. It's a placeholder, I might have to make some to get it looking right!

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,814 Member
    I went into build mode just to see the roofs that were added. While I was there I decided to change out one roof on the Wright Way House. Then, I uploaded it to the Gallery to share. Hope others enjoy it. I downloaded one version of this house a Simmer made for Sims3. When Sims4 came out, I took the time to go into Sims3 and copied it onto graph paper, very carefully counting the squares. One thing was bothering me, though. So, I went back to Sims2, and took a good hard look at the original Wright Way House and immediately spotted the error made in the replica. I fixed it on my graph paper so that when I built it in Sims 4 it would be 'correct'. I wish with all of my heart I could recall the name of the Simmer whose Sims3 version I relied so heavily upon. I did lose a child Sim to Social Services due to the Sims3 version of this house. Turns out there was no ceiling on the topmost tower. I couldn't figure out why he was so cold when in bed. :open_mouth: The other error had more to do with the shape of the walls at the front of the house. The wall was bent in an odd manner. But, I do thank that person for doing the heavy lifting. I can take no credit, other than fixing the errors. I have always loved that house and when I played this very same family, this was their house.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Once I get around to installing the patch, I might try and go back to the gothic Victorian home I was working on for the Goth family in my rotational save. The roofing was frustrating me so I stopped building it, but with these new tools, I might be able to make it work.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    So far I've only done this for testing purposes, but I might reupload my Victorian builds with proper roofing on their turrets.
    tumblr_oz2d4wEazL1v8k7elo1_1280.png
    But that'll be quite a few builds, I love building Victorians.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    So far I've only done this for testing purposes, but I might reupload my Victorian builds with proper roofing on their turrets.

This is gorgeous
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,814 Member

Impressive.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    That’s looking great!
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    7UvIs6o.png
    Now the balcony areas I want to put ouside the dormer windows in the attic are driving me crazy. The roofing will not see them as rooms unless I use full walls, not really suitable for balconys.
    fvOmMIX.png

So far I have tried
    Full walls (to test)
    3pRQUph.png

Half walls
    aR1Z1p8.png

fences
    7QFiitS.png

mix of full and half walls and half walls and fences
    7CDTS5A.png

I've also tried fiddling with the roofing and although I can sort of do it, it looks wrong without the eaves underneath.
    M11jUEv.png

I had to change the other bit of roof to flat to be able to place fencing across the balcony area (not really a balcony just a spot for flowers etc.)
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'm going to update my "Imposing Palace" build (furnished and shell versions) with the new octagonal roofs (or maybe the cones...it depends on what ends up looking better). When I first built it, I cringed a little inside to have to use the 4-sided roof parts for the turrets. Now, I can finally make it look like a proper castle! XD
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    I'm going in and re-doing every single home that needs updating
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2017
    With the ability to shrink, I'm completely re-doing most of my gardens. Camp Blood Falls has been stripped to the functional objects to redo it completely - and it's a 50x50 lot entirely compromised of garden.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I'm going to redo my very early storybook builds!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I haven't gone back to old homes, but I did go back to the very first couple I ever made in Sims 4. Ryan Cole and Kaitlin Mooney(he took her name) I edited them, but now I may go back to the original original ones. I'll post their old/new pics later.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything