May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims lost ALL their relationships?

Comments

• Options
    simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    I'm kind of disappointed in myself because I usually wait a few days after a new update is available to sort of avoid these glitches (so that they would be fixed by the time I update)... But this time I was like nah, it won't happen...

I'm still glad it's "only" the relationship meters, not any sims deleted because I'm a legacy player and working on stories as well!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I had this happen. I fixed it by exiting the game without saving and going to Origin to repair my game. Everything was fine after that!

I'm also sharing advice that @rosemow shared in another thread in case my fix doesn't work for you:

Hello
    For any simmers that are having this occur in their game, try going to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the issue is still there in that game version.

All of the available saves are from last night except for one that's from August and I don't think I want to risk losing that much progress :cry:
    Can I go back again if I load an older save?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,675 Member
    simlander wrote: »
    I had this happen. I fixed it by exiting the game without saving and going to Origin to repair my game. Everything was fine after that!

I'm also sharing advice that @rosemow shared in another thread in case my fix doesn't work for you:

Hello
    For any simmers that are having this occur in their game, try going to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the issue is still there in that game version.

All of the available saves are from last night except for one that's from August and I don't think I want to risk losing that much progress :cry:

Hello
    When you recover a save, the game creates a new save game in addition to the one you are currently playing, This means you can play either save games,
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Sims-have-lost-their-relationships/m-p/6403165#M49645
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

Hello

I can't be sure about going back. I was able to just repair my game and it was fixed. I had also backed up my game files before the patch just in case and could have just put my saves back. Just a heads up for next time that it never hurts to back up your game.

I do hope you can get your relationships back!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    @rosemow @poeticnebula I couldn't go back in time far enough to recover before the update. I guess I'll have to fix this manually with a cheat!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,675 Member
    @rosemow @poeticnebula I couldn't go back in time far enough to recover before the update. I guess I'll have to fix this manually with a cheat!

I am sorry that you have had this issue :(
  • Options
    For those who haven't been able to fix the problem you can use this cheat to regain relationships, even with sims not on the current lot or deceased sims. I've found it doesn't work if the sim has a name longer than two names.
    You might have to type in testingcheats true before you get started!

modifyrelationship [sim1firstname sim2lastname] [sim2firstname sim2lastname] [value] [relationship type]_Main

For example, here are my two sims that I was playing when I discovered this glitch:

modifyrelationship Grace Churchill Albus Barnes 80 Friendship_Main
    modifyrelationship Grace Churchill Albus Barnes 90 Romance_Main

If you want someone to have a negative relationship you just add a - in front of the value, for example:
    modifyrelationship Grace Churchill Albus Barnes -50 Friendship_Main
  • Options
    Who505Who505 Posts: 24 Member
    well, after the update nothing is loading, i keep getting error messages telling me to relaunch the game. I can't even build now. the error code is 102ee2b1568:67bd54bd :#
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    For those who haven't been able to fix the problem you can use this cheat to regain relationships, even with sims not on the current lot or deceased sims. I've found it doesn't work if the sim has a name longer than two names.
    You might have to type in testingcheats true before you get started!

modifyrelationship [sim1firstname sim2lastname] [sim2firstname sim2lastname] [value] [relationship type]_Main

For example, here are my two sims that I was playing when I discovered this glitch:

modifyrelationship Grace Churchill Albus Barnes 80 Friendship_Main
    modifyrelationship Grace Churchill Albus Barnes 90 Romance_Main

If you want someone to have a negative relationship you just add a - in front of the value, for example:
    modifyrelationship Grace Churchill Albus Barnes -50 Friendship_Main

I think if there's a space in your sim's name, you just need to enclose it in quotation marks. Like

"John Lloyd" "Stewart Bell"
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Who505 wrote: »
    well, after the update nothing is loading, i keep getting error messages telling me to relaunch the game. I can't even build now. the error code is 102ee2b1568:67bd54bd :#

Try repairing your game in Origin. Right click on icon of game in Origin and should be a 'repair' option.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I think if there's a space in your sim's name, you just need to enclose it in quotation marks. Like

Doesn't work at least for me :disappointed: I've also tried brackets [] () {} and ' '
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Doesn't work at least for me :disappointed: I've also tried brackets [] () {} and ' '

Aw :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    For those having issues, MCCC has an option to set relationships that is much easier than the cheats. If you don't want to use MCCC permanently you can use it temporarily to fix the game and then remove the mod - the relationships will still be fixed even after you remove it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Same issue here, I'll go try some of the repair suggestions... Hope it works.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    P.S.: it workied by using the loading feature in game and selecting the "recover save" at the bottom. Thanks
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    @MaryJos That is great news! I'm glad it's not game breaking for everyone and hope that those who haven't been able to fix it can get it fixed really soon!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Update:

If you are loading into an older save on the new patch, please ensure that you press Play on your active lot first; do not start by entering free-build mode on a lot. If you load into free-build mode first, you could potentially wipe all relationships in your game. If you encounter this issue make sure to exit without saving. If you accidentally save, you can use Recover Save (from the Load Game menu). Our engineers are actively investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    LoganWlvrnLoganWlvrn Posts: 1 New Member
    It worked with re RECOVER SAVE option for me too, but I lost the little bit I played until I realised that I had no Relationships... any way, better than nothing, thanks.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    @SimQARobo
    Thank you that fixed the problem for me. :)
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    @simlander

By any chance, were you using MCCC with these saves anytime prior to installing today's patch?

Mine is messed up this way as well. I took all CC and mods out of my game before the patch hit. Thank you for looking into this.
  • Options
    Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    Update:

If you are loading into an older save on the new patch, please ensure that you press Play on your active lot first; do not start by entering free-build mode on a lot. If you load into free-build mode first, you could potentially wipe all relationships in your game. If you encounter this issue make sure to exit without saving. If you accidentally save, you can use Recover Save (from the Load Game menu). Our engineers are actively investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Yeah I think i went into build mode first before playing after the patch.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2017
    Just checked my primary save -- all relationhips seem to be intact. I did use MC Command Center; currently have only the current hotfix installed plus Shimrods Happy Buffs Reduced to Fine which has been updated.

ETA: I went straight into Live Mode on one of my households -- unfortunately I picked the household where everyone was missing work and school rather than the one with the toddler twins so I exited without saving and next time I'll pick the other household. (It'll be a good one to test a couple of tuning mods to see if they still work.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    SimGuruNick just announced that this is in fact a bug with the patch, it is not mod related.
  • Options
    Update:

I think that's it - I downloaded a house from the gallery and checked it out in build mode before moving a family in. I'm 98% sure I didn't play a family first.
  • Options
    Evax94Evax94 Posts: 1 New Member
    Same thing has happened to me just spent ages updating my game and got on to see none of my sims have a relationship with anyone! Tried repairing the game but it didn't change anything :( hopefully they fix this soon it'll be such a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 going through and cheating everyone's relationships