Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Kennel Club *Official Thread*

Comments

• simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Im not sure if I want to implement a money system to the SKC. To me that seems confusing and pointless. What are your thoughts on this?
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    edited November 2017
    @simsluvr90 I don't really mind either way but if you do choose to implement a money system it would primarily function as an additional way of roleplaying. Money could be paid out for stud services and breedings or for puppies but it also could be an additional prize in shows. It would just have to be balanced, for example to have money flowing out of the system you could request a fee for registration. I don't know, I'm used to having it from equus but I'm not going to miss it all that much if you decide against it.
    Post edited by Karlia on
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Can I ask a really stupid noob-y question?

How are dog competitions judged? Is it done randomly or is there some method to it? (Again, sorry for the silly question but as I've mentioned before, I've not been a part of any sims kennel club before).
    they do have a monetary system for my forum that I can figure out how to use
    I need to research more how it was used in the old SKC
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @Karlia pose player allows you to pose any Sim by clicking them, pretty sure modders would be able to enable it for pets.
    edited November 2017
    @samemie It's not random, at least not to my knowledge. You send in the required pictures for the show and then the judges will judge those pictures based on certain points. For example, if you were to enter a conformation show you would be judged on how accurate your breed is to the standard and at an agility show you might be judged on how creative you were in taking pictures. Every judge has their own criteria and some only judge how the picture looks... You really can't know except if you know the judge. I hosted and judged an Equus-Sims show once, I remember giving up to five points for turnout, posing, arena, creativity and up to three for how well I liked the picture but this is only based on Equus-Sims and will vary from judge to judge. Some will tell you how they judge beforehand.
    @ZhaguiSimmer Oh, I forgot that you don't need to have the sim selected to pose them. I'm sorry, I don't use pose player that often. I'm now debating whether I should try making poses or not. I might do that once a tutorial is out on how to make them for pets or I'll start with some easy agility poses. I wonder if we can find/make better agility CC, the weaves that EA made look way too stiff and bulky.
    Post edited by Karlia on
    @simsluvr90 Are you planning on implementing points / a title system?
    Karlia wrote: »
    @samemie It's not random, at least not to my knowledge. You send in the required pictures for the show and then the judges will judge those pictures based on certain points. For example, if you were to enter a conformation show you would be judged on how accurate your breed is to the standard and at an agility show you might be judged on how creative you were in taking pictures. Every judge has their own criteria and some only judge how the picture looks... You really can't know except if you know the judge. I hosted and judged an Equus-Sims show once, I remember giving up to five points for turnout, posing, arena, creativity and up to three for how well I liked the picture but this is only based on Equus-Sims and will vary from judge to judge. Some will tell you how they judge beforehand.
    @ZhaguiSimmer Oh, I forgot that you don't need to have the sim selected to pose them. I'm sorry, I don't use pose player that often. I'm now debating whether I should try making poses or not. I might do that once a tutorial is out on how to make them for pets or I'll start with some easy agility poses. I wonder if we can find/make better agility CC, the weaves that EA made look way too stiff and bulky.

That was super helpful, thanks! :)
  • fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    I signed up! berrypixelbobs on the forum... I will be breeding Yorkies! And finally picked a Kennel name.
    edited November 2017
    I need someone who was familiar with the previous SKC to message me plz
    The shows and banking system

I have questions

So if you participated and know how it worked plz message me
  • mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    I think we should change to 1 month= 1 Sim Year. It makes things less confusing to keep track of and to make it easier on everyone.
    mphgirl wrote: »
    I think we should change to 1 month= 1 Sim Year. It makes things less confusing to keep track of and to make it easier on everyone.

I agree that 6 weeks = 1 year is counterintuitive but I think we should change it to 2 months = 1 year. It's still easier to keep track of but the dogs don't age as fast as they would with 1 month = 1 year. I'd still prefer 1 month = 1 year over 6 weeks because that's just odd and annoying to keep track of.
  • meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    mphgirl wrote: »

I agree that 6 weeks = 1 year is counterintuitive but I think we should change it to 2 months = 1 year. It's still easier to keep track of but the dogs don't age as fast as they would with 1 month = 1 year. I'd still prefer 1 month = 1 year over 6 weeks because that's just odd and annoying to keep track of.

I'm in agreement with the 1 month = 1 year or 2 months = 1 year aging system. It gives players time to get dogs titled before breeding or retiring. Plus I agree it's not as annoying/confusing as the 6 week = 1 year schedule is.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I don't think 6 weeks is annoying. It makes 1 week = 2 sim months. If we do 1 month = 1 sim year, it would make 1 week = 3 sim months, which is okay too. But 2 months - 1 year would be super confusing, since thats 8 weeks and you can't divide 12 by 8.
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think 6W = 1YR is good too...
    HV83B28.png
    edited November 2017
    Nevermind, I misunderstood something.
    Post edited by Karlia on
    I was thinking of changing it to 2 months = 1 year
    I just copied and pasted the old rules and was going to adjust once the game comes out and we know more how it works
    Ill have a poll go on the forum simskennelclub.org
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Finally updated my kennel thread a bit! And i made some of the dogs for my kennel. Yay. *excitement*
    HV83B28.png
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I'm so excited too! After seeing Papillons in someone's LP I'm even more ready to start up my own line~ I can't wait to see all of your gorgeous pooches!

I think the Tibetan Terriers I'll have to make myself. I wonder if their breed name will stay as "Tibetan Terrier" throughout the generations? :# I hope so!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
    edited November 2017
    I need pics to update the website

I am using old pics from TS3 KC

If you have pics of your breeds (according to breed standard) post here so I can save them and use them. Or you can post at the forum

http://www.simskennelclub.org

https://simskc.wixsite.com/simskennelclub
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm going to fill out an app for the Bulldog breed club!
    Just sent in my app!
    So I think I've read up enough to have a basic understanding at least of how kennel clubs work in the sims (or at all tbh). I reserved a couple threads to work on tomorrow when I'm less tired (I'm going to run Sunny House and Pixie House of December Kennels!). Please feel free to call me out if I'm being a complete 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or anything, I'm brand new to everything and I haven't found this the easiest thing to learn. I'm sure I'll get into it eventually and it'll become more obvious and easy, but until then, assume I'm an idiot and explain everything as if I am an alien.

Other than that, I look forward to taking part in this :3
    Is this still happening? I turned in an app for Bulldogs last week and haven't heard anything. Just wanna know when to expect everything to get started. :)
    @KHS12 I think so? Everyone seems to be more active on the forum (linked in OP's first post) but yeah it seems to still be active. Not sure on when it's going to get started. I guess it needs a little time for everyone to get their kennels set up before they start making competitions (after all, whats the point of a competition if no one competes?) But yeah I haven't heard anything for certain, sorry!