Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Livinasimminlife's Stories: Starlight Saga begins

Hello everyone, this is the home for livinasimminlife's stories a.k.a. @Adamseve1231. This thread was previously only for Livin' A Simmin' Life, my Simself's story. Now that I'm moving onto newer stories, generation 2, and some spin-offs, I thought this would be a good place to promote all my stories. Enjoy!

UPDATE MARCH 24TH: It feels like the end of an era here. I'm still writing and playing the Sims (a lot less than I used to) and of course, I miss it. I popped over today to give this thread a refresh and an update. Lo and behold! I missed a MAJOR announcement from the Sims team. If you're interested in following my content and/or staying connected, I'd love to keep in touch. You can find me at the places linked in my signature below. :) Happy Simming!

Latest Thread Updates:
Click the links in my signature for stories.

February 2023
2/15/2023 - The Starlight Saga Begins
2/4/2023 - When You Don't Have A Title for Your Post or Story But You Decide to Post Anyway... and Oh yeah! A New(ish) Story Coming...

October 2022
10/24/2022 - Announcement

August 2022
March 2022
January 2022

1/4/2022 - Prologue Pt. 3 & 4: Life Before Farmer - mother & father's story and the coming of the farmer
1/3/2022 - Prologue, Pt. 2: Life Before Farmer - meet mother

Posts from 2020
December 2020
November 2020
October 2020
September 2020
August 2020
8/30/2020 - Wright Way Travel Adventures - Bowl'd Over - Who do the travelers pair up with for bowling teams? Which traveler bowls a perfect score? Falls flat on their face? Wins the karaoke contest? Lands on the cover of a magazine? Find out in today's episode.
8/21/2020 - Wright Way Travel Adventures - A Wee Bit of Breakfast Drama
8/14/2020 - Wright Way Travel Adventures - Blossoming Friendships
8/13/2020 - BitLife Controls My Sims - A Swift and Sudden Betrayal
8/7/2020 - BitLife Controls My Sims update

July 2020
June 2020
May 2020
With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
My Worldbuilding Blog
Simblr
My Sims Pinterest
Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Comments

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hi! I'm getting into more casting calls and such, and I have some questions:

1. If my Sim has items from EPs, do you want to just pick whatever to fill in the blanks or would you like me to edit them for ease? I understand you're looking for a LOT of sims!

2. Do you want simselves only?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Karilan wrote: »

1. If my Sim has items from EPs, do you want to just pick whatever to fill in the blanks or would you like me to edit them for ease? I understand you're looking for a LOT of sims!

@Karilan Great questions!
    1) I would appreciate if you edit them for ease, but if need be, I can edit.
    2) You can submit characters other than Simselves (I'd like to get a mix.)

Thanks for asking.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Karilan wrote: »

@Karilan Great questions!
    1) I would appreciate if you edit them for ease, but if need be, I can edit.
    2) You can submit characters other than Simselves (I'd like to get a mix.)

Thanks for asking.

I have a side project Sim that I'm using in a lot of casting calls and building a fun page for her featuring all the stories she features in. Have a look to get an idea of her personality and let me know, if you don't think she would fit in your story I will make a family for you instead!
    (If you do like her, I'll make a new version with base game outfits only. :))

Gallery ID: Karilan
    Name and backstory: Sage Reed - Party girl who is well known for embellishing the truth. Career unknown, but spends a lot of time getting to know as many people as she can. Kind of shallow, but ridiculously cheerful and oblivious.
    Traits: Outgoing, Dance Machine, Romantic (I can change outgoing to snob)
    World: No preference.
    Love interest: Unlikely!
    Alterations: Feel free! Sage is very much shaped by the writers who use her.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Thanks @Karilan. I'm looking forward to invoicing Sage. I'll let you know if I have any issues uploading her.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Sounds good! Feel free to give her a negative trait if you'd like. :) I've never tried an ISBI challenge before, this will be fun to follow!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @AdamsEve1231

I've made you a little two-person family for this!

EA ID: lilypadmeulin
    Name(s): Lizette Lopez and Tabatha Lopez
    Backstory: Lizette is one of those mothers who turns every conversation back to her darling genius little girl. She's so talented! She knows so many words - and I'm teaching her French and Swedish too! You know the sort. Her darling little girl is actually a horrible brat who always says 'Mama says I can!' when told off for something. Heavens above!
    Traits: Genius, Family Oriented, and Mean. Fussy. (Respectively)
    World: No preference!

Extra notes: I didn't see the thing about the packs, so you'll find two versions of Lizette and Tabby in my Gallery in a few minutes. I'll outfit them according to base game!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    My ID is Pammiechick. I have a lot of families, particularly one called The City Family which I think you would like. They have four children. I might make another one just for you! I'll post them here once I'm done. <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @AdamsEve1231

I've made you a little two-person family for this!

EA ID: lilypadmeulin
    Name(s): Lizette Lopez and Tabatha Lopez
    Backstory: Lizette is one of those mothers who turns every conversation back to her darling genius little girl. She's so talented! She knows so many words - and I'm teaching her French and Swedish too! You know the sort. Her darling little girl is actually a horrible brat who always says 'Mama says I can!' when told off for something. Heavens above!
    Traits: Genius, Family Oriented, and Mean. Fussy. (Respectively)
    World: No preference!

Extra notes: I didn't see the thing about the packs, so you'll find two versions of Lizette and Tabby in my Gallery in a few minutes. I'll outfit them according to base game!

@lilypad412 Awesome! Thank you. Sounds like she's a handful.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    My ID is Pammiechick. I have a lot of families, particularly one called The City Family which I think you would like. They have four children. I might make another one just for you! I'll post them here once I'm done. <3

Thanks, @pammiechick. I would love that.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I'm at work right now. I'll reply to your other post in the writers lounge here in regards to Joseph Simself and Goober Nerdatrom.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

I've got my sim selfie in my Gallery (same as my ID here, LegacySims2017). My sim selfie is custom contented (modded). I bundled all the CC into a zip file and posted a link in the description.

You can also get it here (http://legacysims.net/?page_id=817). This link will also provide you with some background about me.

@AdamsEve1231 I've also got another you can download. His name is Goober Nerdstrom. I made him for @PrincessSimcess and her Bachelor story. But anyone can download the good looking nerdy guy who wants other sims to love him for him! :grin:

Thanks, @LegacySims2017. Joseph Simself looks great. I'd be happy to take Goober Nerdstrom too.

If you've got more details or a world preference, you can post over I my casting call post (and I'm on my phone right now so I have to paste the whole link - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928065/casting-call-livinasimminlife-an-isbi-challenge).

Also I prefer at least one negative trait to make things realistic but if you'd prefer not, that's ok. I also want to make sure you're ok with minor tweaks if need be before I start the game (all this is explained in my casting call post). Thanks in advance.

Re: Joseph Simself
    Since this is pretty much a major alternate universe with him, I don't mind switching up a trait. I guess you could make things interesting and take out Good and switch it to Hot-Headed. I can be a hot-head in the real world. Typically, I'm not. But this isn't the real world we're dealing with. Since I do enjoy the hot weather, maybe Oasis Springs might be fun for my sim selfie. I don't really have any background info since it's my sim selfie. If you'd like more on my personality from something different on the link I gave you, let me know. I can try and help. It depends on the minor tweaks you'd be wanting to do for changing my sim selfie physically.

Re: Goober Nerdstrom
    Take out the Insider trait and replace with whatever negative trait you want to give him. The other two he should keep since he's a geek at heart. No preference on world either. Whatever you think would fit Goob the best. His history is in the description. To make it short, all the girls seem to like him for who is on the outside. When they get to know him on the inside, he becomes a single guy again. Poor Goober! And finally, you can tweak him as you see fit. I have no problems if it makes him better for your story. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

@pammiechick Thanks. I will definitely check your family out. I appreciate you stopping by. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

I've got my sim selfie in my Gallery (same as my ID here, LegacySims2017). My sim selfie is custom contented (modded). I bundled all the CC into a zip file and posted a link in the description.

You can also get it here (http://legacysims.net/?page_id=817). This link will also provide you with some background about me.

@AdamsEve1231 I've also got another you can download. His name is Goober Nerdstrom. I made him for @PrincessSimcess and her Bachelor story. But anyone can download the good looking nerdy guy who wants other sims to love him for him! :grin:

Thanks, @LegacySims2017. Joseph Simself looks great. I'd be happy to take Goober Nerdstrom too.

If you've got more details or a world preference, you can post over I my casting call post (and I'm on my phone right now so I have to paste the whole link - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928065/casting-call-livinasimminlife-an-isbi-challenge).

Also I prefer at least one negative trait to make things realistic but if you'd prefer not, that's ok. I also want to make sure you're ok with minor tweaks if need be before I start the game (all this is explained in my casting call post). Thanks in advance.

Re: Joseph Simself
    Since this is pretty much a major alternate universe with him, I don't mind switching up a trait. I guess you could make things interesting and take out Good and switch it to Hot-Headed. I can be a hot-head in the real world. Typically, I'm not. But this isn't the real world we're dealing with. Since I do enjoy the hot weather, maybe Oasis Springs might be fun for my sim selfie. I don't really have any background info since it's my sim selfie. If you'd like more on my personality from something different on the link I gave you, let me know. I can try and help. It depends on the minor tweaks you'd be wanting to do for changing my sim selfie physically.

Re: Goober Nerdstrom
    Take out the Insider trait and replace with whatever negative trait you want to give him. The other two he should keep since he's a geek at heart. No preference on world either. Whatever you think would fit Goob the best. His history is in the description. To make it short, all the girls seem to like him for who is on the outside. When they get to know him on the inside, he becomes a single guy again. Poor Goober! And finally, you can tweak him as you see fit. I have no problems if it makes him better for your story. :)

@LegacySims2017 Thanks for the additional details. I was thinking more along the lines of minor tweaks if I don't have CC from people or special content (or like the switch-up with the traits)... less about appearance, although yours is packaged with your Sims so that should be fine. Thanks again for letting me feature these characters in my upcoming story. I am looking forward to their interactions with Lizzie. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 ! how fun! I uploaded Sugar Maple Bough and CT to be roomies in any town you like, preferably someplace near the country! They both have only base-game outfits (unless something snuck in there somewheres...) My Origin handle is same as here...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 ! how fun! I uploaded Sugar Maple Bough and CT to be roomies in any town you like, preferably someplace near the country! They both have only base-game outfits (unless something snuck in there somewheres...) My Origin handle is same as here...

Thanks @CathyTea. I'd be happy to interact with your Simself. And Sugar Maple Bough is from which one of your stories? Name is familiar, but I have a feeling it's one I didn't finish...due to my insane schedule.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Thanks @CathyTea. I'd be happy to interact with your Simself. And Sugar Maple Bough is from which one of your stories? Name is familiar, but I have a feeling it's one I didn't finish...due to my insane schedule.

She's from the legacy Goofy Love and also from New World (Goofy Love's sequel...) She's kind of immortal. Which reminds me... is this an aging off game?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 - Oh this sounds like fun! I will make some basegame sims tonight! Woot!
    You know I didn't decide that exactly, @CathyTea. I figured I have 3 goals at this point for my Simself, then I might add more or move onto the next generation (in which I would age).

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Thanks @SoulGal7.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited November 2017
    Can you tell me a bit about Sugar Maple Bough, @CathyTea, since I haven't read that far? Also your hair disappeared and some of your clothing so I rolled at random to pick clothing for you. It must be because I don't have some of the items.
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited November 2017
    Update: I don't have the toddlers expansion pack. :'( It's on my list after I get Cats and Dogs, and with a birthday and Christmas coming up, I just might get it soon. If you send me a family with toddlers, I will use the family later on in the story, I promise.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Can you tell me a bit about Sugar Maple Bough, @CathyTea, since I haven't read that far?

Oh, goodness! Where to start? I'll PM you since there's a lot and most of it is really spoilery... do you mind spoilers? The plot involving her is rather monumental and sort of the biggest shock/surprise of the whole legacy...

If you do mind spoilers, we can just leave her out and go with CT by herself.

@LegacySims2017 I was unable to get Joseph Simself to load into my game. Can't find him anywhere. Am I missing a mod? I added all the ones from the zip folder, but he didn't show up in my library and I don't see him in yours. I did get Goober loaded though.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @everyone Are you okay with it if I replace one positive trait with a negative one if you don't already have it? I made a list of all the possible negative traits and then rolled dice randomly to see which one they get (i.e. @LegacySims2017 I rolled a 6, which on my list, makes Goober a klepto- haha! Can't wait to see where that goes).

Or if you'd prefer, I can take a normally positive trait with a negative spin (i.e. @pammiechick's Holland Chambers is cheerful... but maybe for the game, she is uber cheerful... like too cheerful... annoyingly so OR she's a bookworm so she could have difficulty relating to people outside her books world OR she's family oriented so she's obsessed with raising the perfect family to the point where she has unrealistic expectations).

Feel free to add your own spins to things, if you'd prefer.

For the record, if clothing/hair is unavailable in my game, I'll try to find something similar or I'll roll articles of clothing/outfits at random.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Can you tell me a bit about Sugar Maple Bough, @CathyTea, since I haven't read that far?

Oh, goodness! Where to start? I'll PM you since there's a lot and most of it is really spoilery... do you mind spoilers? The plot involving her is rather monumental and sort of the biggest shock/surprise of the whole legacy...

If you do mind spoilers, we can just leave her out and go with CT by herself.

@CathyTea I don't mind spoilers. I'll have to add this story back to my reading list when I get the opportunity.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest