Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CATS AND DOGS 50% OFF!

Comments

• cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    We have a target in Australia and once they had this special for GT but they don't seem to stock Pc games anymore let alone the sims. There is no where in Australia to get it cheaper. Well I could
    Pay $1 less at one strore but then I'd have to physically go there - and for a $1. Ha
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    Thanks for the heads up! This means I won't be able to download it at midnight, but it's worth it to save $20! :)
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    @Wulfsimmer , Thanks for the heads up!

I see the TS4 base game at 50% on the app but I'm not finding Cats&Dogs. Anyone else?
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Not sure if smart business decision or completely desperate move...

EA doesn't own Target. It's a Target sale....not an EA sale. Sounds like an oversight by Target.....most retailers would exempt a brand-new expansion from such a deal. Their oversight is our gain.

Target always have sms stuff on sale . Sims 4 especialy . It might be both , they probably awant more people to buy the game in the begening as possible

If Target always has Sims 4 stuff on sale then it has nothing to do with Cats & Dogs. Again, like I said, most retailers exempt brand-new releases from these types of sales.
    OK I figured it out. Not yet available in store so the app won't let me add it to my deals. Have to wait until Friday.
    I generally, anymore, make my purchase directly from Origin. Why not? Owning a disk doesn't help. Why expend the gas money to travel to a Brick and Mortar? Why? Hey, Origin, may I have a slight discount, please? It's okay, you can just give me credit toward the next pack, I don't mind.

I'm less than 10 minutes away from Target. Definitely worth saving 50%. :)
  • PixieMnkyPixieMnky Posts: 73 Member
    Does anyone know if you can buy the Cats & Dogs expansion in store before Friday? i.e. Can I go to the store tomorrow and purchase it ahead of time and use the offer? I know it's a code in a box and obviously C & D can't be played until Friday, but I'm not sure if you can buy it early (been a while since I bought a Sims game/dlc at Target).
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    PixieMnky wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy the Cats & Dogs expansion in store before Friday? i.e. Can I go to the store tomorrow and purchase it ahead of time and use the offer? I know it's a code in a box and obviously C & D can't be played until Friday, but I'm not sure if you can buy it early (been a while since I bought a Sims game/dlc at Target).

You have to go the store and ask the staff, I'm guessing. Some staff will be nice and would take an advanced order but some won't.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member

EA doesn't own Target. It's a Target sale....not an EA sale. Sounds like an oversight by Target.....most retailers would exempt a brand-new expansion from such a deal. Their oversight is our gain.

Target always have sms stuff on sale . Sims 4 especialy . It might be both , they probably awant more people to buy the game in the begening as possible

If Target always has Sims 4 stuff on sale then it has nothing to do with Cats & Dogs. Again, like I said, most retailers exempt brand-new releases from these types of sales.
    They usually do (& I expected them to for at least a few weeks), but they didn't in this case. Cartwheel acts differently than most Target sales. You have to go to the cartwheel website and search for C&D, & you'll see that it's part of the sale. You then have to create an account (unless you already have a Target account), load the deal onto it, then have them scan the barcode for your account before you purchase. But yeah, C&D is a part of it.

• MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member

It's not a good sign, and this time people cannot use the excuse that it's cause it's Black Friday cause it's not.
    gCQKjq4.png
    I don't think this is a sign that EA or The Sims is in trouble. I agree with what @drake_mccarty said.. that it seems more like Target trying to get people to use their new service. If it were EA, I think we would see sales at more stores around the world & in the US.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't think this is a sign that EA or The Sims is in trouble. I agree with what @drake_mccarty said.. that it seems more like Target trying to get people to use their new service. If it were EA, I think we would see sales at more stores around the world & in the US.
    Yes, my poor Canadian and European Simmer friends. :(
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited November 2017

Well it worked for me. I can't remember the last time I went to Target. Walmart is closer and I always go there. :)
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    We used to have Target in Canada but due to some very poor business choices, they didn't last long. You're not going to get a one up on Wal-mart with high prices and few stock.

Back on topic though, I usually just wait for Origin sales since we don't even have a Wal-mart where I live. It's like a 5 hour drive to the nearest one.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    We used to have Target in Canada but due to some very poor business choices, they didn't last long. You're not going to get a one up on Wal-mart with high prices and few stock.

Back on topic though, I usually just wait for Origin sales since we don't even have a Wal-mart where I live. It's like a 5 hour drive to the nearest one.

Funny enough, where I live, Target is actually a little cheaper than Walmart.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

This somehow managed to beat City Living's record by 3 weeks, and it went on sale two weeks after release.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I am uk and i have pre ordered from Argos as you can have it delivered for free and £5 less then EA's price which is almost 15% less
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I printed off the coupon, the coupon says all Sims 4 all platforms. I wasn't going to buy this expansion until it came on sale, but at 50% off, I iwll be going to Target on Friday or Saturday.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »

It's not a good sign, and this time people cannot use the excuse that it's cause it's Black Friday cause it's not.

It sounds like it's solely a Target offer to get more interest in their Cartwheel app/service. It's not being offered anywhere else, and it's certainly not an EA/Maxis offer. So it's Target taking the hit, not EA.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

It sounds like it's solely a Target offer to get more interest in their Cartwheel app/service. It's not being offered anywhere else, and it's certainly not an EA/Maxis offer. So it's Target taking the hit, not EA.

You're not going to be able to convince some that it's not a sign that EA is doing badly.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    PixieMnky wrote: »

No they cannot legally sell the boxed code until the specified release time.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

You're not going to be able to convince some that it's not a sign that EA is doing badly.

Have to try in the interest of #NotFakeNews. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited November 2017

This somehow managed to beat City Living's record by 3 weeks, and it went on sale two weeks after release.

To be fair, most games released in October and the beginning of November (like CL) end up going on sale a couple of weeks after their release. We always buy video games in the after-Thanksgiving sales. It seems that the only reason for this to go on sale this early is for Target's Cartwheel, as others have mentioned. If it were EA, we would see other retailers worldwide participating in a sale as well.
    Yeah, EA already got paid. I suppose they could care less if Target wanted to give them away. Free Sims 4 game with any purchase. :)
  • PixieMnkyPixieMnky Posts: 73 Member
    @drake_mccarty @DeKay - Thank you for your answers!