Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• NHubandNHuband Posts: 12 New Member
    ick. I was planning on entering the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 challenge but am really not happy with my build. I may still enter it I will see. I am having a hard time taking screenshots of really small rooms (the RVs in this case) with the walls up and using the tab feature. I am finding I only get a couple of objects at a time in the shot.

I just saw the post asking what kinds of challenges we prefer. I like doing all sorts of challenges when it comes to building. I entered a family into The Hawthorn Project and look forward to coming up with another family for the next one. I love building in this game and want to learn more about what can be done so look forward to future challenges. I like to work within a small or large budget depending on what the expectations are. This one had a bit of a larger budget and there were a few things I enjoyed about this challenge. 1. I did play around with the roofing a bit more and think it looked a lot better this time. 2. I played around with sizing of objects (a vehicle for the RVs) which I never knew we could do.

I would love to do a tiny house challenge!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @NHuband - taking pics of small rooms is hard, with walls up, but doable. Don't forget you can always zoom out a little bit, using the + and - keys, but make sure that your shots don't get warped. You can also take them from a little bit of height which can help. Glad you have had fun playing around with this challenge and that you have learnt some new things!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION 11/07/2017
    As of the next challenge #BnS82 we will no longer accept media hosted on photobucket. Since they made the changes to their site earlier this year, it has become less and less easy to judge your entries. We understand that this will stump and confound some of you, however, we want to give your creations the attention they deserve and this is becoming more difficult when we have to use photobucket as the source site. There are plenty of other photo sharing sites out there, imgur, picassa to name just two. Please understand that we do not wish to alienate anyone, or put off anyone from participating, we just want to be able to give the time and concentration each and every one of your builds deserves.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited November 2017
    CHALLENGE #81: The Gypsies

FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Travellers Inn
    LOT COST: 6,500
    BUILD COST: 68,480
    TOTAL COST: 74,980
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157688145991811
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2F73ACB4C3E311E78E23AEE225736413?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS: Travellers Inn is a base camp for the traveller's to relax and unwind. The streams and natural therapeutic pools for the healing and relaxation the travellers deserve. The furnishing are more vintage than modern to fit everyone's unique styles. There is so much to do at this base camp, so I am sure that will enjoy the rest and recharge before hitting the road again.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

o5xFqBX.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    edited November 2017

And @JosieAnglin - your DL link doesn't work for us either.

I'll edit my post and relink it, I'm not sure why it's not working.

@JosieAnglin - It's still not live honey, not sure why?! Try editing your entry with this link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/048D72C6BC1A11E78E3A61C9B1A42A59
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017

And @JosieAnglin - your DL link doesn't work for us either.

I'll edit my post and relink it, I'm not sure why it's not working.

It's still not live honey, not sure why?! Try editing your entry with this link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/048D72C6BC1A11E78E3A61C9B1A42A59

@JosieAnglin - Scratch that, it's still saying internal server error with that one!? Who knows?! I'll make a note that we can't get your link this time around.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Wonderful RV park @abelhinha35 !
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @BuildnShare

Okay sorry love! I have no idea why my link isn't working :D thanks for working with me!
    pronterus wrote: »
    Wonderful RV park @abelhinha35 !

Thanks @pronterus :) I tried to give it a mountain retreat type of feel.
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @laebeth - Very nice. What a very lodgy lodge - and I mean that in the nicest of ways. It looks so woodsy fishing-lodge comfy. Adorable RVs. You're making me want to make food trucks now, they look so mobile! Love the layout as well. Nicely done!!

@abelhinha35 - Very cool. Love the pretty walk around the site with the bridges and flowers. All of your colorful RVs look great with the wooden lodge and the laundry room is such a special little touch! Cool!!
  • fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    This 🐸🐸🐸🐸 challenge is one of my favorites so far! So many creative builds to look at!!
    Don't forget #BnS81 - The Gypsie's closes tonight.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Ainsleyf Thank you :blush: I can tell you that "woodsy fishing-lodge comfy" was exactly what I was going for :wink: It was the first thing that came to mind when seeing the challenge.

I didn't even think to go full out 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like you and some of the others! Your RV's look amazing! The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 chic is just to die for!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Thanks for your kind comments on Travellers Inn, @Ainsleyf :)
    Morning all, if you can all tear yourself away from the new patch and hype surrounding Cats & Dogs, challenge #BnS81 - The Gypsies is now officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#BnS 82: The Hawthorne Legacy - Part VI

Sitting at your desk, you look out of the window, the trees are now nearly all bare, just a few orange and russet leaves hint at what was a beautiful autumnal display. It's certainly getting colder, you think to yourself, remembering how you had to actually scrape the ice off of your car before you could drive in this morning.

You are waiting on an email, it's time again for another Hawthorne Legacy project. You find yourself remembering your first meeting with the amazing Ms Hawthorne and of course, the bombshell she dropped on you back then, You've hardly seen Kay and Kieran since then, finding it difficult to spend time with them without spilling the proverbial beans. Their Christmas party was drawing close though, and you had promised to help Kay out with the decorating. You'll just have to keep reminding yourself that it's not your secret to tell.

Your computer pings, bringing you back to the present with a jolt. The email is the one you're waiting for. Putting your thoughts of your friends to the back of your mind, you focus on the contents of the email:

Please find the details of this month's Hawthorne Legacy recipients.

You open the attached application form

Name:Maimah Murphy
    Traits: Geek, Bookworm, Loner
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: Jim Murphy
    Child 1 M/F/TG: M
    Child 1 Traits: Cheeful, Goofball, Geek
    Child 1 Aspiration: Computer Whiz

Child 2 Name: Shane Murphy
    Child 2 M/F/TG: M
    Child 2 Traits: Foodie, Loner
    Child 2 Aspiration: Master Chef

Grandparent 1 Name: Manuel Otenga
    Grandparent 1 M/F/TG: M
    Grandparent 1 Traits: Perfectionist, Neat, Materialistic
    Grandparent 1 Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy

Grandparent 2 Name: Star Otenga
    Grandparent 2 M/F/TG: F
    Grandparent 2 Traits: Unflirty, Slob, Loves the Outdoors
    Grandparent 2 Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Hi, my name is Maimah, we're applying for the Hawthorne Project because we've got nowhere else to turn. My sons and I have had to move back in with my parents because I became sick, and their current house is in no way big enough for us! We're 5 people in a tiny 3 bedroom trailer right now and 2 of those room are -half- bedrooms! Thank god my kids are such good kids, but they're both growing up so fast. My oldest is really a young adult already, but he's staying with us to help pay the bills. I don't work anymore, I can't. My younger son is still a teen, he helps around the house alot. My older son is a loveable goofball, he gets along with everyone really. Very into his video games though. My younger son loves food, wants to be a chef when he's older, but he really doesn't like people all that much. (gets it from me I imagine.)

My mom and stepdad well, lets just say opposites attracted when they were younger. You ever hear of Felix and Oscar of the odd couple? Yeaa that's my parents to a T! My dad is all about the money, he was an accountant when he was younger at this point he just takes any job that earns the money. My mom loves the outdoors, she loves to garden and go camping and such. Me? I love to learn. My memory is going but I still love to read anything I can get my hands on, or play on the computer, or research on the computer. See I don't leave my room very often, except to make dinner for everyone and such. I don't leave the house hardly ever. As you can imagine, in a house as small as ours that can be a problem! We ALL have big personalities, and 5 big personalities in a wee tiny little trailer just doesn't cut it.

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)

We'd love a house big enough for all of us, or 2 small houses on one lot (preferrable!). My kids and I would love our own space, but my parents need to be close enough to help if things go wrong healthwise. I'm not very good with stairs anymore, and I don't deal well with heat, so windows I can open are a must in my bedroom, I'd also like some sort of computer in my room. The boys would be happy with some sort of man cave as long as there were computers and a place to hang out and play on the console. My mom and dad love to sit and watch Netflix, and cooking. A small garden for my mom would be nice, but not to big, she loves to garden but she also wears out easily these days. Just something to keep her hand in. My dad likes to work on his computer all the time, usually in the kitchen of all places, but he enjoys it. just a cheap one, he's really not very computer literate! He won't know the difference. Our houses don't have to be huge, just a little bigger than what we have now would be nice. Oh.. and we as a general rule hate clutter. Anything we have to dust isn't going to be nice for us, we have 3 Northern Breed dogs (or will when pets goes in teehee) so we can't afford more things for dog fur to stick to! All of us are kinda ok with being alone, but we also like to be together, so a place for me and the family to chat about our days and just relax would be nice too.

I know, we should wish for the moon and catch it, but I thought I'd apply anyway.

Brief:
    Create a home/homes for the Murphy's and Otenga's, the style and lot size is up to you completely.
    Each home/homes must include a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment (not including a TV) and a bookcase.
    Budget: $75,000 ($35,000 for two Sims, and $40,000 for a three sim abode)

ROOM CHALLENGE
    Create a man cave for Jim and Shane, you have a budget of $15,000.

My apologies to @PersRealmsShadow - in my haste to get the brief up, I neglected to congratulate you on your Sims being chosen from Round 3. You can DL this awesome family here here.

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #82: The Hawthorne Legacy - Part VI

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the hoiuseholdcan be found with on The Gallery)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

No Sim challenge this time around, but why not enter your own Sims in Hawthorne Project: Sims.

ROOM ENTRY FORM[ (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Please use hashtag #BnS82 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.

The deadline for this challenge is 22nd November 2017

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017
    @pronterus, I can't believe I missed your entry. I do appologize :smile: Great entry, I love your unique building ideas. This round the ramps were a great touch. :)

@Leabeth, great entry it will fit purfectly in Outdoor Retreat as a holiday lot. :)
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited November 2017

Fixed! Thank You for letting me know. My entry can also be found searching the lot name or hashtag. I don't know why the first link failed.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

Fixed! Thank You for letting me know. My entry can also be found searching the lot name or hashtag. I don't know why the first link failed.

Who knows why these forums work the way they do sometimes?! Thanks for fixing the linkage :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Sorry for not doing the past challenges. I've been pretty busy and I haven't really been in the mood to play The Sims. I'll be doing the next challenge, and I'll also (probably) be getting Cats and Dogs.
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Everyone Look! We Want To Hear From YOU

We want your input. What sort of challenges excite you, which ones make you run screaming from the thread?? Let us know what YOU like to build, whether you like big budgets, small budgets, big homes, small homes, community lots. Do you love our Designer Showdown challenges, what do you think about The Hawthorne Legacy?

I love the Designer Showdowns, but I'm not super huge on The Hawthorne Legacy (keep it though!). I love anything with family houses! I suggested this a while back, but I think that doing new houses for townies would be really cool!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Sorry for not doing the past challenges. I've been pretty busy and I haven't really been in the mood to play The Sims. I'll be doing the next challenge, and I'll also (probably) be getting Cats and Dogs.
    WE totally understand @SyddyB206, it's nice to see you back again though :smiley:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @mannana - finally got to your slide show. It's an absolutely charming build. Your colors and landscaping are really lovely. And, I think the partial carpet/partial lino looks better than all carpeting so, yay!
    Thank you @Ainsleyf , glad you liked the "divided" floor tiles. When I looked at the pic I thought it looked a bit off...

Love your lodge lot @Laebeth ,it's almost like I can smell the crisp mountain air. The tools by the garbage can is a nice touch and I got a chuckle out of the torn up lawn from the RV tires. :D

@abelhinha35 What a great idea with a laundry room! Your landscaping is very very pretty, love it! <3
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2017
    @BuildnShare no worries <3 I haven't been up and about much lately either been sleeping through days :/ I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with and if I ever get pets to load I'll upload our 3 Alaskan Klee Kai if anyone wants them :rofl:
    EkwtdjR.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top