Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My theory on time for school lag

missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
You know how there is great lag whensoever children sims are about to go to school? My theory is that there is lag because maybe school buses are about to return? And the lag is from when the school bus is supposed to arrive. I also theory that there is no lag whenever adult sims are going to work because cars will come soon in a pack or game pack and sims will be able to just click on their car and go to work (but there will be no carpools)
Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!

Comments

• JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    You know how there is great lag whensoever children sims are about to go to school? My theory is that there is lag because maybe school buses are about to return? And the lag is from when the school bus is supposed to arrive. I also theory that there is no lag whenever adult sims are going to work because cars will come soon in a pack or game pack and sims will be able to just click on their car and go to work (but there will be no carpools)

Good theory except not everyone suffers from this lag, I have never had the school lag in my game and I play with both children and teens in my game, sometimes one of each.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I only experienced this bug on my other laptop, not on this newer, better one. Also, even with my older laptop I didn't always experience that bug with kids going to school: when I had two kids having to go to school at 8 AM, they went to school just fine without lag. However, when I had 2 kids going to school AND an adult having to go to work at 8 AM, I did experience the lag.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

No. Let me shut this down reaaaaaal quick before the hype gets out of hand.

Check this post. It's a well-documented issue and it has absolutely nothing to do with school buses. No, it's just yet another aspect of a huge, ongoing bug that they desperately need to fix.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't think it's a good practice to introduce a bug to users as a placeholder for an upcoming feature. God knows we'd never (knowingly) do that where I work.

I would like school buses back, though. Something about immersion and whatnot. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member

Good theory except not everyone suffers from this lag, I have never had the school lag in my game and I play with both children and teens in my game, sometimes one of each.

@Jagwithtude Ahh! Interesting! You are lucky to not experience this!

I only experienced this bug on my other laptop, not on this newer, better one. Also, even with my older laptop I didn't always experience that bug with kids going to school: when I had two kids having to go to school at 8 AM, they went to school just fine without lag. However, when I had 2 kids going to school AND an adult having to go to work at 8 AM, I did experience the lag.

@lottevdbrug Hmmm. What is your gamecard with your newer laptop? And also interesting.

No. Let me shut this down reaaaaaal quick before the hype gets out of hand.

Check this post. It's a well-documented issue and it has absolutely nothing to do with school buses. No, it's just yet another aspect of a huge, ongoing bug that they desperately need to fix.

@DeservedCriticism Thanks for sharing! I've seen that post as well - it's been a while. Just by looking at it I see the list of major bugs continue to get longer and unfixed =/. Disappointing really.

Now that I think about it, when they introduced toddlers in a patch, whenever toddlers went to cabinets/trash to "play in", there would be the little cloud effect as they rummage. Right then I knew that Pets were next because the Maxis team LOVES reusing animation, so I knew that they would use that SAME animation for Pets when they would maybe rummage through trash or destroy furniture.

Anywho, Post not intended to mislead or "hype" anyone. Just a theory even if it is a bug. 'Tis why I posted this in the speculation/Rumor thread instead of anywhere else.

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member

@lottevdbrug Hmmm. What is your gamecard with your newer laptop? And also interesting.

The graphics card is an NVIDA GeForce GTX 1060.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Some of the world's don't have roads leading to the houses though so can't see how any form of transport would work. Like cars taxis buses etc
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I experienced this lag for the first time yesterday.
    The only sims who froze were the ones going to school or work at 8am. Does it normally cause sims laggin on their way to work?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    The only sims who froze were the ones going to school or work at 8am. Does it normally cause sims laggin on their way to work?

Hm, maybe it's because 8 AM is a common start time for jobs and school, and the game engine has to simulate all the other sims in the world going to work, like removing them from their current lots?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Hm, maybe it's because 8 AM is a common start time for jobs and school, and the game engine has to simulate all the other sims in the world going to work, like removing them from their current lots?

That would make more sense if the game was open world.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member

I don't think this is the case, since I rotate households, I find that none of the sims I switch to are at work or school with the switch, even if they are late for work or school, I have to send them myself.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I experience this lag most of the time especially in teens but good theory hopefully in 2018 we get school buses/vehicles or it may very well be nothing but it is something to think about.

I don't think this is the case, since I rotate households, I find that none of the sims I switch to are at work or school with the switch, even if they are late for work or school, I have to send them myself.

That's odd. The game will tell you they're busy at work if you ask them out, but then it doesn't actually send them to work.

• MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    I haven't played the game in months, and seeing that remind me that I had that issue, and remind me why I cannot enjoy the game. It would be nice if they could fix those kind of issues, not everyone have them, but this one is particularly annoying to the point that it's one of the main reasons I don't like playing families, kids and teens.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I've never had the lag or freezing when kids go to school, either...maybe it has something to do with where Sims live and or if it's a Maxis lot, (portal location) because there has to be a reason some have it and some don't. But I have crashed in the city due to moving in a mother and toddler and then within a few hours of being in their new apartment it crashed game. Or moving in three roomies and they crashed the game in another save. MyShuno is the pits for that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2017

Personally I don't think we are going to get schoolbusses and carpools sadly. The Sims 4 is not really made for them. If you look at San Myshuno, Windenburg and Brindleton bay there are no places for these vehicles to park on many of the lots..

I think if we get cars they are going to be Decoration objects with the option for sims to get into them and travel, but no actual driving away movements (or maybe a really tiny movement and then to the travel screen). I would love for them to add them though, if they can find a way that works in the game!

• agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    This is a bug related to your machine, most likely. What's interesting, both gaming rig owners and those who play on lower end PCs/laptops are reporting it. The cause is not clear but it's definitely not because of a soon-to-come addition of carpools.

Doubt we'll ever get them, honestly. What would be the purpose? It would arrive and the sim would disappear in front of the bus/car? Because if so, then what's the difference? Y'all know they're not going to create a whole animation of a sim entering the vehicle, because this game just doesn't do that and vice versa (elevators anyone?). Whether sims teleport at the edge of an empty street or in front of a carpool doesn't matter in the long run does it? I'd rather have them focus on improving aspects that'll actually add to the gameplay of TS4. A car/bus animation adds nothing.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I don't understand why so many people want cars. They zoom around in the world's so it's not like they're non existent. Why waste money and time when all they can do is send you to a loading screen? It takes a maximum of 30 seconds for your SIM to walk to the boarder before they hit the loading screen.

They should patch in the use of the cars already in game as decoration for those who want one sitting on a driveway or something. But tbh it's not really that big a deal just resize the toy cars if you're desperate.
    Honestly I just want a school bus to arrive for my child sims. Lol
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I think it's just because so many sims in world start school/work around then.
  • HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    I hope this is true